Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: League of legends: free to play MOBA

Re: League of legends: free to play MOBA

<3 dominion! Poppy is super fun to play - I start with Sheen and slam my way to fed status much more easily than on Summoner's Rift. In my experience this mode favors melee fighters (especially Jax, Xin, Poppy, Tryn, Udyr) while most other champions (tank, ranged, support) are gimped unless they can backdoor (Shaco, Eve) or lay traps (Heim, Teemo, Shaco). On Udyr I like many of the new attackspeed+proc items such as the chain-lightning and the on-hit reveal (suck it Akali!).

Overall it reminds me of the glory days of Footy Wars back in WC3, when you could get away with just running around killing people. Obviously there has to be some teamwork in capturing points, but:
    -5point map forces teams to spread out
    -revealed paths make it less risky to solo
    -constant $+XP make farming unnecessary (it is almost always better to capture a point than to fight the minions who spawn there)
    -Storm Shield buff is SUPER DOPE on the melee fighters who already dominate Dominion, letting them do as they please.

I agree that 3/2 hold is a good plan. Too many times my team has pushed to the far points only to die in front of their nexus.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Seems like I've come across an interesting Dominion guide that sheds some light onto a few strategies and things.

I think this'll definitely help players who are still coming to terms with how Dominion works. Going by this, I suppose I do best having a Taker/Slayer/Disrupter role as Kog'maw, though I feel more comfortable with being a Taker/Slayer. Other characters I've tried out with moderate success in Dominion were uh
    • Rammus. Usual OP fare, easy to see why he's instant ban. Tank capturer? Ha! Ban plz. Super annoying to deal with.
    • Akali. She specializes in destroying people 1v1, though with Kog I recognize the merit of Lightbringer - it reveals Akali while she's in the shroud, making her that much less of a threat.
    • Jax. I actually see why he's considered so strong in Dominion, similarly, because of the whole "I can destroy you 1v1" thing.
    • Kassadin. Riftwalk is the sole reason he's a top ban. Take a similar role to Rammus in "ninja capping".
    • Poppy. Again going to the whole "I blow you up 1v1" thing. Simple to see why.
    • Morgana. Hey, it's the first character I learned in the game! She's best fitted to defending - a combination of Soil and her Ult can defend for a while, especially with Shield - though I can see you can possibly assault a point IF you can land Dark Binding(going back to this problem again).
    • Rumble. He can assault points and defend them mainly with his two core abilities - Flamespitter and Equalizer. Rumble was already a good solo top, so I'm not surprised by this.
    • Teemo. Going a sort of attack speed build helps him push lanes and assault at the same time(much more helpful when he has Frozen Mallet). The mushrooms guarantee some decent point defense, or wards - something that you can't get on this map! Placing shrooms on top of the health pickups or speed shrines is also an effective tactic.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

NICE GANK, DARKNER VIP Tigerman's Avatar

Since I am trying to limited my use of the internet this week, I have decided to try and revise my top ten champs on LoL. Now without thinking too hard I was able to pick out 6 of them pretty easily, but then it got a bit tough. What did I come up with? This:

So this is going top five on the top (left to right) and bottom 5 obviously on the bottom!!

Number 1: Udyr
    Why is he number 1? Well, simply put, most of the time when I play him, I win. I don't have the ranked stats(or games currently) to back this claim up, but I feel that Udyr is quite possibly the best champ I have at this time. He is pretty fun and I guess easy to pick up and play. Plus his jungle ability is simply the best out there. Not only jungling, but counter jungling and ganking! There have been a couple games where the enemy team is yelling at one of their players because of how far behind they were (a jungle xin at level 5 when I was 10 or mid Kass at level 5 when annie was 9). This was simply because of me countering/ganking said person. I even told the enemy team off about yelling at their player, and went so far as to blame them for said player being so down on levels. Anyways enough about Udyr, lets move to number 2. (Though speaking of Udyr....Primal goes on sale tomorrow and....I.....I am 101 RP short) *cries* Skins Owned: None

Number 2: Nocturne
    Why number 2 overall? Nocturne is a beast and I have been getting better with my pre-6 ganks. Overall I think he has gone from one of my most hated champs to being one of my favorites(if not THE favorite). Nocturnes ability to control a jungle and gank very effectively is something that I really enjoy about him. Counter jungling wise....well he isn't the GREATEST but he can do it if he has to, and might be way better than I utilize it. He is a jungler that you want to hit 6 as soon as you can, but once you hit 6.....don't accidentally hit R. I have been guilty of reflex hitting R to "get away" or even hitting R WAY WAY WAY too soon. Skins Owned: Frozen Terror and Haunting Nocturne (Haunting > Frozen)

Number 3: Rammus
    Okay, so what if I haven't played him a while. He is still the same and I feel as if he is still my number 3 jungler. Granted, yeah I do give him less credit for being as good as a jungler as my others. That is mainly due to the fact that if Rammy gets countered in the jungle, he gets set back really fast. I am pretty sure though that he is way better than I can imagine at this time and I do feel I can step my Rammy game up once again! Skins Owned: Chrome, Freljord, Ninja (Ninja > Chrome > Freljord)

Number 4: Fiddle
    Hmmm.....starting to regret him being at four, but I feel he is pretty good in that spot. I jungle Fiddle mainly when we have too much AD and not enough AP. Fiddle is fairly easy to play, as long as you can manage to use his ulti at THE RIGHT TIME! That's pretty much all I can say about Fiddle. Skins Owned: Surprise Party Fiddle (THIS COST ME FROM GETTING PRIMAL KJAKFLJDKLJFLKAJSLFK)

Number 5: Amumu
    Amumu is a pretty good tanky jungler guy. He is quite possibly one of the best junglers in the game and gankers. He does take skill though, since he needs to be landing them grabs, but not as much skill as other junglers....since Flash ---> R in team fights! Mummy is still one of my favorite junglers. Skins Owned: Little Knight, Re-Gifted (Knight = Gift)

Number 6: Lee Sin
    I feel that since getting him I have improved quite a lot with my Lee Sin play. I have slowly learned how to gank properly and how to jungle better. I still have a ton of room to grow as a Lee Sin player, but Lee Sin is one of my favorite champs to play. Skins Owned: Acolyte

Number 7: Galio
    Need a solo top? Well, Galio is the guy I am turning to lately. Galio is pretty strong when in the right team comp and as long as he can farm quite well. Seems like any champ could have that same statement about them, but with Galio it's a must be farmed or you are not going to help team. Build for him now seems to be Spirit Visage, Boots(Merc or Ninja or CD), RoA/BV, BV, Randuin's, and then adjust based on enemy team. Bulwark and his ulti are the two MAIN skills to use on him. Yes you want to use Gust when running from or into a fight, and yes you want to slow a person leaving from a fight. Outside of that though, BULWARK CARRY!! Skins Owned: Enchanted, Hextech, Commando (Commando > Others)

Number 8: Gangplank
    If this was before he was nerfed slightly, I would have him up to number 3 or 4. However, since his nerf, I am in need of adjusting my build and adjusting my pathing. Once you get to level 4 though, GP is pretty much a beast. So basically....its the player and not the champ for him being number 8! Skins Owned: None

Number 9: Nunu
    So, I have not really played him since he was nerfed way back when. So why did he make this list? Nunu is still a somewhat good ganker and invader, but he needs to be focusing on that instead of just farming his own jungle. Yes you need to keep your jungle from enemy, but if they are in your jungle GET YOUR TEAM TO HELP GET THEM OUT! That should equal a kill. I need to play him more though. Skins Owned: NUNU BOT

Number 10: Taric
    I play Taric only when we need a support. Taric is like the ONLY support I can play decently and I feel he is my 10th best champ. The only other thing I have to say about him is that your build and mindset cannot be the same as that of any other type of role. This is mainly for support class as your build is P-Stone, HoG, Boots, WARDS, WARDS, Oracles, Wards, Wards, Wards, Wards. Yes you can build items too, but your main job is to give vision! Skins Owned: Emerald, Armor of 5th Age, Bloodstone (Bloodstone > 5th Age > Emerald)

So that is my top 10 champs that I feel I can play. I mainly made this list out of boredom AND because of the upcoming Teams feature. I want to show what I can bring to our team. I think of the main group that I play with, we have Myself, Fish, Eltro, and Flib that play often. I have only one Friend that I would suggest, that would be Caleb/Forsaken Rhavin. Why him? Well he is probably the best support that I play with. (yes this includes you Eltro, you are a better carry than support!)
    Spoiler: Pokemon, Maybe Dragon Stuff 

Frauds are people too... people who just can't win. Forum Veteran Deathfish64's Avatar

Season Two has launched!

The actual patch that officially starts season two isn't really all that much, since the brand new masteries and stuff came last patch, but still, this is pretty exciting. And, of course, this means players cans now form official teams for ranked games within their summoner profile. This will probably make it easier for new, good teams to form and get off the ground, and all give existing teams a new way to test their mettle!

"I'm not in-sane. In fact I'm so far out of sane that you appear as only a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity."

Taric is fun. Lately I've been building him AP upgrading Tear of the Goddess to Archangel's and getting tanky mana items like Frozen Heart, RoA, Banshee's. This build lets me do damage with my ult and do big heals while being tanky.

EDIT: also his AP ratios for W and R just got buffed
    Last edited by shiny stone; November 29th, 2011 at 07:52 PM.

There's a lot of talk about Volibear being rather overpowered. I haven't played a game in the new patch yet, so I can't say for certain. His passive certainly laughs at Mundo's ultimate, and his Frenzy attack reminds me a lot of the Ursa Warrior's frenzy attack in Defense of the Ancients.

The big difference I guess is that Volibear's Frenzy can do massive damage to any target tagged three times, which completely laughs at Shen's passive.

Somehow I'm predicting a nerf for this guy. This guy seems to be able to do way too much for his own good.

Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

So, how bout dem leagues?

Seeing as how I've recently moved I'm unable to play the game for now.

Some of my fave champs you ask? Well.. I'll go by fave for roles.

Carry: Vayne, Ashe
    Jungler: Skarner, Rammus
    Top lane: Riven, Gangplank
    AP carry: Malz, Kassadin
    Support: Sona, Taric.
    I hate a moral coward, one who lacks a manly spark.
    I just detest a man afraid to go home in the dark.

So it comes to my attention that there is clearly a very secret op champion in the game. Why? Well just look at these next two screenshots:

In this first one look the gold I have compared to anyone else in the game. I have nearly 4k more gold than ANYONE else!!! Next look at the minions killed column, I had nearly 100 more minions killed than the entire enemy team, AND I WAS THE JUNGLER! Now lets look at that build, Quick Silver Sash, Bezerker's Grieves, Infinity Edge, Wriggles, and Guardian Angel. Only three items that boost my damage output?!? Yet I was pretty much the carry for our team!! Clearly Yi has a TON of damage!! (Order is Wriggles, Zerkers, IE, PD, QSS, GA. Starting with Vamp and Wolves->Blue. oh and NEVER GIVE YOUR BLUE TO MID/TOP/BOT NEVER! Same with Red.)

If that image doesn't scream OP, then lets check the VERY next game I had with Yi!

To start off, notice how I was clearly against superior opponents? I was unable to blacken out their names! THAT SHOWS HOW GOOD THEY ARE!!
    Now lets start out by looking at Total Kills and Kill by ME! There was 50 total kills in the game. I had 29 of them and 7 other kills in the game that got stolen from me, that is a total of 36 out of 50 kills Yi was a part of! THAT IS SO POWERFUL! Now look and see that I had 4 deaths, but really they were not my fault. It was my teams fault for NEVER healing me or keeping me alive.

Now lets look at the build:
    Once again it is the same build, only this time I swapped out Blood Thirster for Wriggles late into the game! Once again it provides me with ABSOLUTE OVER POWEREDNESS!

Minions Killed:
    Well would you look at that! Almost 100 minions more than the second place minion killer!!! And once again I WAS THE JUNGLER!!

Gold: WOW LOOK AT THAT GOLD!!! 9k more than our Blitzcrank and nearly 10k more than everyone else!!! OP OP OP OP OP

So how does this prove Yi is OP? Well, just look at that! over two games I was 39/9/18 with 552 minions, and 36.9k Gold!!! That was only TWO GAMES! Both of which were only 40 minutes long! Yi may have no CC, but HE IS GOD TIER AND UNSTOPPABLE! So quit playing anyone else and start playing like a real pro today with MASTER YI!

Shen has recently received a substantial buff. A large majority of the playerbase seem to agree that these buffs have boosted him over the top. What thoughts do we have on this?

As a former Shen player, I haven't really had a chance to extensively play him - he's been banned frequently - and it seems like the best way to play him is still solo top, giving him a utility spell and Teleport. I refuse to leave my tower unattended after I ult someone.

The vorpal changes are very welcome.

The Ki strike changes are VERY welcome(especially addressing his energy issues).

The taunt changes... I'm not sure I like. Both the incentives for levelling it up are gone now, although you get 50% damage reduction from taunted targets. That seems like a little much.

The ult changes I'm definitely not a fan of.

Self-proclaimed Seer of Hope. Nix's Avatar

So, I decided to try this game out about two weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it so far.
    I'm using Ashe, until I have enough IP for Ahri.
    I'm currently level 10, so not that far in the game, really.
    I am still quite terrible, very rarely having a high K/D, unless I can get fed enough to have at least my Infinity Edge before people start hitting 18.
    Even then, I have a lot of weaknesses of my own fault, the biggest of which being I still commonly make the mistake of pushing when I should retreat, or retreating when I could have pushed.

It's really, really fun so far, though, and I will very likely continue playing it for a long time.

League of Legends: SilverEphraim
    Recently playing a lot of ADC.

Any and all artwork credited to the original artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    So, I decided to try this game out about two weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it so far.
    I'm using Ashe, until I have enough IP for Ahri.
    I'm currently level 10, so not that far in the game, really.
    I am still quite terrible, very rarely having a high K/D, unless I can get fed enough to have at least my Infinity Edge before people start hitting 18.
    Even then, I have a lot of weaknesses of my own fault, the biggest of which being I still commonly make the mistake of pushing when I should retreat, or retreating when I could have pushed.

It's really, really fun so far, though, and I will very likely continue playing it for a long time.
    A few things to touch up on:
    • Last hitting
      As you're aware, you get money from landing the last hit on an enemy. This includes neutral monsters, minions, and of course, champions. This may be a little much, but this is a useful picture of information. I want to mainly direct your attention to the right. I'm directing you to this so you have a better idea of how many minion kills you should be shooting for. Proper farming should net you a straight-up Infinity Edge around 12-15 minutes, assuming you've not died/killed anything else and it's not a rough lane.
    • Positioning
      Ranged characters like Ashe are inherently reliant on proper positioning, especially during large scale teamfights. Especially with a character like Ashe, who has no built-in escape, you need to be especially watchful of where your character is at all times. Because you're naturally frail - or "squishy" as many players will refer to it as - you'll be seen as a prime target for enemy players to target and kill. Proper positioning will help make it harder for you to kill.
    • Utilizing your character's abilities
      Something I like about League is that every character has their own niche and role to play for a team. In the case of Ashe, she brings utility to the table with her slowing shots + volley, as well as scouting with Hawkshot, and one of the best teamfight initiations in Enchanted Crystal Arrow - her ultimate. To be a true asset to your team with Ashe, you'll want to work on your aim with the ult and know when to initiate on it.

You ARE using Hawkshot, right?
    • Map Awareness
      Players often harp on others that do or don't call MIAs on their lane opponents(i.e. "lb miss", "corki mia"). I'm assuming you've already experienced a gank - probably on the receiving end, no doubt - and that itself is the reason why keeping tabs on your minimap is important. If a player's missing, they're trying to plan something - either a gank on another lane, getting a neutral buff or buying something - and notifying your team of that is important to secure a win.

Alternatively, proper map awareness also applies during the teamfight phase of the game. You don't want to start a fight when the enemy team of 5's already massed up in the middle, while you only have 3 people with you, the fourth guy doing who knows what away from your team. Use your judgment from the information you can gather.

Also, Summoner name?

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    A few things to touch up on:[*]Last hitting
    As you're aware, you get money from landing the last hit on an enemy. This includes neutral monsters, minions, and of course, champions. This may be a little much, but this is a useful picture of information. I want to mainly direct your attention to the right. I'm directing you to this so you have a better idea of how many minion kills you should be shooting for. Proper farming should net you a straight-up Infinity Edge around 12-15 minutes, assuming you've not died/killed anything else and it's not a rough lane.
    I do know to last-hit. And thank you for the image. That is extremely helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw
    PositioningRanged characters like Ashe are inherently reliant on proper positioning, especially during large scale teamfights. Especially with a character like Ashe, who has no built-in escape, you need to be especially watchful of where your character is at all times. Because you're naturally frail - or "squishy" as many players will refer to it as - you'll be seen as a prime target for enemy players to target and kill. Proper positioning will help make it harder for you to kill.[/indent]
    That is definitely something I need to work on a bit more, especially since the champ that I have the most interest in is even more frail.

[*]Utilizing your character's abilities
    Something I like about League is that every character has their own niche and role to play for a team. In the case of Ashe, she brings utility to the table with her slowing shots + volley, as well as scouting with Hawkshot, and one of the best teamfight initiations in Enchanted Crystal Arrow - her ultimate. To be a true asset to your team with Ashe, you'll want to work on your aim with the ult and know when to initiate on it.

You ARE using Hawkshot, right?
    I've figured this out well enough through trial and error.

I am using Hawkshot, yes. I'm not that much of a new player.

[*]Map Awareness
    Players often harp on others that do or don't call MIAs on their lane opponents(i.e. "lb miss", "corki mia"). I'm assuming you've already experienced a gank - probably on the receiving end, no doubt - and that itself is the reason why keeping tabs on your minimap is important. If a player's missing, they're trying to plan something - either a gank on another lane, getting a neutral buff or buying something - and notifying your team of that is important to secure a win.

Alternatively, proper map awareness also applies during the teamfight phase of the game. You don't want to start a fight when the enemy team of 5's already massed up in the middle, while you only have 3 people with you, the fourth guy doing who knows what away from your team. Use your judgment from the information you can gather.
    I need to get better at calling out MIAs, but I do stay aware of the map well enough to avoid most ganks. And with the availability to do so, I do attempt to set one up myself.

Also, Summoner name?
    SilverEphraim.

I do know to last-hit. And thank you for the image. That is extremely helpful.
    The money amounts are assuming you're not being zoned out of lane extremely hard and are able to get your last hits in.

That is definitely something I need to work on a bit more, especially since the champ that I have the most interest in is even more frail.
    Who would that be? The only other frail characters I can think of that are also extremely reliant on positioning off the top of my head are Twitch, Anivia, and Kog'maw.

I need to get better at calling out MIAs, but I do stay aware of the map well enough to avoid most ganks. And with the availability to do so, I do attempt to set one up myself.
    If you're playing Ashe, you should be focusing more on your farm so you can get your items, rather than ganking. Because you're a "ranged carry", you scale much better off of items than levels. There's a reason why junglers and the mid caster often ends up ganking the most.

That is, unless you're confident on your item build or damage to get your items. Considering Ashe has no inherent "damage boosters" in any of her abilities(she instead provides utility rather than raw damage like Vayne or Kog'maw), this is really notable.

SilverEphraim.
    Hm... I have an alt account at level 7. Care for a game?
    Last edited by Eltrotraw; April 17th, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Just posting to say something I think Eltro and some others will be pretty pleased with... I finally downloaded LoL. I haven't actually played it yet, but I have it now. I've been watching some friends play it from time to time and it does look pretty fun, I've been hearing various character names thrown around by them (one of my friends is obsessed with Teemo). I'm going to have to find some time to start playing this, not sure WHEN I'll have time (and with less than a month left in the school year my time to actually play is rapidly decreasing... I might want to just wait until next semester, I especially don't want to get too attached to something I probably won't be able to play until late August) but I'm certainly going to be looking to set some aside.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    Just posting to say something I think Eltro and some others will be pretty pleased with... I finally downloaded LoL. I haven't actually played it yet, but I have it now. I've been watching some friends play it from time to time and it does look pretty fun, I've been hearing various character names thrown around by them (one of my friends is obsessed with Teemo). I'm going to have to find some time to start playing this, not sure WHEN I'll have time (and with less than a month left in the school year my time to actually play is rapidly decreasing... I might want to just wait until next semester, I especially don't want to get too attached to something I probably won't be able to play until late August) but I'm certainly going to be looking to set some aside.
    I know you've been around a few people who do play the game, so I thought it was just a matter of time. Same spiel I gave above to Nix does apply, but a lot of it will make more sense after a few games.

I forgot to mention that this is apparently popular around a lot of college audiences as well, so it was only a matter of time

Teemo... is fun but not a "great" pick of a character, since there's not too much he provides to a team aside from his global taunt MUSHROOMS.

Let us know when you're available to play. I'm sure there are a few of us here that are happy to help you learn.
    Last edited by Eltrotraw; April 17th, 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Who would that be? The only other frail characters I can think of that are also extremely reliant on positioning off the top of my head are Twitch, Anivia, and Kog'maw.
    Okay, maybe not as reliant on positioning? But I'm thinking Ahri. Maybe I haven't looked at her stats enough either.

If you're playing Ashe, you should be focusing more on your farm so you can get your items, rather than ganking. Because you're a "ranged carry", you scale much better off of items than levels. There's a reason why junglers and the mid caster often ends up ganking the most.

That is, unless you're confident on your item build or damage to get your items. Considering Ashe has no inherent "damage boosters" in any of her abilities(she instead provides utility rather than raw damage like Vayne or Kog'maw), this is really notable.
    I only do go for a gank if I'm fed enough, compared to the opponent(s) in my lane. And have the items that would allow me to properly do so (Tier2 boots, Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer at the least).

Hm... I have an alt account at level 7. Care for a game?
    Perhaps tomorrow? I don't really have enough time tonight.

Okay, maybe not as reliant on positioning? But I'm thinking Ahri. Maybe I haven't looked at her stats enough either.
    Ahri isn't as reliant on positioning, no... part of this is because she gets quite a bit of mobility due to Spirit Rush(her ultimate), which is supposed to allow her to dart in and out of combat. The orb is meant to be for a big poke(with that true damage especially), while most of her damage actually comes from Fox Fire. I know Deathfish plays more Ahri than I do, though, since she's not my preferred caster of choice. I haven't really played her too much.

I would highly recommend getting a Rylai's Crystal Scepter on Ahri, because then she can truly kite opponents with a combination of her Fox Fire, Charm and Spirit Rush.

I only do go for a gank if I'm fed enough, compared to the opponent(s) in my lane. And have the items that would allow me to properly do so (Tier2 boots, Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer at the least).
    That's good, at least. I was going to ask about items, but it looks like you have the right idea of what items to get as well.

Drop me a PM or something whenever you're ready, then. I'm on Skype a lot as well, so you can drop me a line there too.

Ahri isn't as reliant on positioning, no... part of this is because she gets quite a bit of mobility due to Spirit Rush(her ultimate), which is supposed to allow her to dart in and out of combat. The orb is meant to be for a big poke(with that true damage especially), while most of her damage actually comes from Fox Fire. I know Deathfish plays more Ahri than I do, though, since she's not my preferred caster of choice. I haven't really played her too much.

I would highly recommend getting a Rylai's Crystal Scepter on Ahri, because then she can truly kite opponents with a combination of her Fox Fire, Charm and Spirit Rush.
    Well, I'm gonna be looking up a build for reference. I'll eventually build off of them and make my own, once I get the game a bit better than I do now.

That's good, at least. I was going to ask about items, but it looks like you have the right idea of what items to get as well.
    Thanks to the wonder that is Google search~
    Which is also how I know as much as I do about the game right now, along with Youtube videos.

Drop me a PM or something whenever you're ready, then. I'm on Skype a lot as well, so you can drop me a line there too.
    Alright, I'll do that.

Well, I'm gonna be looking up a build for reference. I'll eventually build off of them and make my own, once I get the game a bit better than I do now.
    There's actually a really easy explanation for this on this recommendation. Let me go into more detail.

Rylai's Crystal Scepter has two different versions of slow for spell effects. There's the 35% slow, and the 15% slow. Obviously slowing an opponent by 35% is more preferrable.

The 15% slow applies mostly on Area of Effect spells, or damage over time spells. Examples of this include Rumble's Flamespitter, Brand's Pillar of Fire, or Kennen's Lightning Rush, all AP-oriented characters that often get the item. There are a few spammable spells - namely, Karthus' Lay Waste and Cassiopeia's Twin Fang that apply the 15%.

I'm not sure about Vladimir's Tides of Blood or Heimerdinger's Hextech Micro-Rockets applying the 35% slow, but Ahri's Fox Fire does. Combine this with the fact that Charm already slows targets(I believe the slow from Rylai's stacks with the Charm slow), and that she gets mobility from Spirit Rush if she really needs to get out. I believe the 35% slow applies on every single one of her spells, aside from Orb of Deception.

Do keep in mind that Ahri becomes a lot more vulnerable when Spirit Rush is off cooldown, though - and you're reliant on skillshot aim for both Orb of Deception and Charm.

Some of you may remember my old TOP TEN champions that I play list. Well Eltro reminded me of this list, as such, I have revised it since its been quite a while and a LOT has changed....maybe not a whole lot but still quite a bit.

Spoiler: OLDER VERSION 

So with that said, what has changed?
    First off, the people I play with on a regular basis has changed a lot. I rarely play with anyone here, but that's nothing against any of them its just that I am always with my friends playing with them.(IRL friends that is) Since playing with them, I have actually noticed that a couple of them have improved drastically in their play style and skill level.

Now lets get to the base of this post:

1: Udyr
    Since the past list, nothing has changed with Udyr. As such, I have gotten better with him and feel he is most CERTAINLY my number one champion without a doubt. There has been a few nerfs to him, but nothing HUGE. I also now have Udyr as my number one played champ in ranked play(16 games out of a total of 47 games)

2: Nocturne
    I actually haven't played much Nocturne as of recent, but over the other champs I play, Nocturne is still one of my favorite/best champs to play. Why haven't I played much of him? I have actually forgotten about him because of newer champs and also because of older champs coming back. When I play nocturne, I usually win the game though...except one game that I lost but I was 9/3/X in that game

3: Gangplank
    Every time I play GP, we start the game out by losing. Then when I get Trinity Force, its GG! Seriously, EVERY TIME! Overall I feel pretty confident as GP and can secure games with him, at least I think I can! I also don't play GP as much as I have before. Gets number 3 slot because of confidence level with him.

4: Vladimir
    I am not going to lie here. Vlad has only been getting play time because my friend bought me the Blood Lord Vlad skin. Since that time, I see how bad ass and fun Vlad is to play. Even though he is at number four slot, I have good games and I have bad games as Vlad. Still have a lot to learn as him, but I put him as number four due to how much fun I have when I play him.

5: Miss Fortune
    MF has been my go to AD carry of choice, and I feel that I have grown with my skill level as her. I always seem to play her better than an other AD carry, as well as prefer her over the other. I put her as number 5 slot because I have been playing her a lot more as of late.

6: Warwick
    I played more Warwick since the change to his passive happened, and even though a TON of people say he isn't a great jungler(compared to all the new junglers) I think he is still great and can be very good at counter jungling. Warwick is pretty fun to play as, and I haven't done bad as him in a long time. Warwick is my number 6 because I didn't feel he could crack top five quite yet.

7: Shen
    Shen got changed around a lot a couple patches ago, and since then he has been a constant ban within draft mode. When he isn't banned, I do try and take him. I really like Shen, but due to the fact that he was "bad" for the longest of time, I have a lot to get better with on him again. I will say that at first look I thought the new Warlord Shen skin was stupid, but after seeing it in game, I will probably grab it whenever it goes on sale. Why the seventh slot if "I have a lot to get better with?" Well, simply put, if you can get past early game you are pretty much OP!

8: Lee Sin
    Ah, the famous blind monk. Why is he even on my list anymore? I RARELY play him! Well Lee makes the list, and makes it at number 8 simply because I love playing him. Though, I have a TON to learn as Lee Sin. He takes quite a bit of skill to play, and while my previous list had him listed as someone I have grown to learn, I have actually fallen off from that. Since getting a new computer though, I do tend to play him a bit better than I used to. (not having FPS lag actually makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE)

9: Galio
    These last two champs on my list are simply here because I couldn't figure anyone else to put, but also because these two are labeled as my "ALL TIME FAVORITE CHAMPIONS" I will say that I feel Galio is in a great spot as a great AP counter, and a great AOE comp champ. However, in just a basic team, he isn't super great. His new Legendary skin is badass and I do own it, but it hasn't so far given me a reason to really pick up and play him. He gets the ninth slot because he is cooler overall in my book than Rammy.

10: Rammus
    Why do people ban him? Sure he has a three second taunt, but I really really really don't think he deserves a ban anymore. His DBC has been nerfed by quite a bit. His ganking has been nerfed by quite a bit. Yet, people still feel he is over powered. I feel as if people have it written in their skull that if Rammus is on the enemy team its "GG" because he is "OP," so they then play like the game is already over. Rammus cannot carry a team to victory. He CAN help get people fed, but really most every champion can do that. Enough about that, I have Rammus as number 10 because he is one of my favorite champs of all time. Also if I ever pick him back up again, I know I can do well with him. OH yeah, most every jungler in the current meta can counter jungle Rammus 24/7. All of them out damage, out sustain, or out play Rammus in every way.

Champs I wanted to put on here for some reason
    Riven
    Shyvanna
    Kennen
    Master Yi
    Sejuani

Why? Because I either want to learn them, get better as them, or have a ton of fun whenever I do play them.

Currently I own 75 out of the 97 champions (includes Varus). I have enough IP to buy any champion, but I have no clue who to get. I somewhat want Varus, but I also kind of want to get Wukong, but then I also am interested in Ahri. At the same time, I feel like none of them really peak my interest enough as a MUST HAVE. So I am probably going to just hoard IP until a champion really wows me.

Looking at all the changes to the Draven patch, I'm really looking forward to it.
    Being an Ahri main (I haven't played her too often for a while because really interesting free champs the last couple of weeks) that didn't know she could apparently built tanky and still do a lot of damage, I'm looking forward to having that extra damage on my Fox Fire and Spirit Rush. Also this.
    I've been thinking of getting some RP for Midnight Ahri for a while but if this skin comes out, then nevermind that, this is the most wonderful thing I've ever seen.

Oh, and the Darius nerf. That is a must.

I've definitely been getting better recently. Having quite a few friends that know what they're doing and able to give me the tips I need also really helps. I'm actually able to do decently in their level of play, which, they're level 30 with moderate ELOs (Well, I'm pretty sure. I don't think there's a way to check normal game ELOs) and I'm level 17.

AP is definitely my class. Especially ones with skillshots such as Ahri and Lux. Although I can't play them if I can't think well, like if I'm sick or something, because then I can't aim the shots properly.

I've been playing Katarina this week and despite being a very hit-or-miss champ, she's really fun.
    And an interesting thing with that, there was a Darius recently that was for some reason going mid, and I was playing Kat.
    This Darius was terrified to commit to a fight. I was actually winning my lane against a champ that should have eaten me alive.
    Though it was a turnaround game because when everyone started grouping up, two of our team started getting a bit too close and ended up feeding Darius a bit so he caught up and was pretty much the monster he's supposed to be.

Darius seems to play a lot like Garen - he goes to dominate his lane early and starts falling off later game. The problem is that he's generally much more superior to Garen in all of this, since he can trade more effectively - as long as his lane opponent can't just outpoke him or outsustain him - and Darius doesn't fall off as bad as Garen does lategame.

People cite his ult as being the prime factor about why he's "overpowered", but I think it's a combination of all his other abilities that make it moreso - his passive(applies off of any hit from any ability, mind you) being a big one.

I know Deathfish has been playing more Darius than I ever have(seeing how I've never touched the guy) so perhaps he can leave his own two cents on the character. I've only been up against him or playing with him on the same team, I've never dealt with actually playing as him.

It's a combination of multiple things, as far as I can tell. The ult refreshing was a huge thing, because, right now, you don't actually need to land the killing blow with it. There's a grace period where it'll still refresh, even if Darius himself doesn't even get the kill. Though he'll be a lot more encouraged to kill steal after the patch goes live, too, I suppose, so that's a bad thing.
    His W (I think it was his W anyways) also is getting a debuff. I can't remember off the top of my head which one that is, but that's what the patch preview was saying. Link if you're curious about the preview and haven't seen it.

The grace period is roughly half a second. I'm aware of this and the patch preview.

His abilities:
    Q - Spins around once, the outer part of the circle deals more damage. Gain a movespeed boost if you hit a champion.
    W - On-hit effect, next strike slows the target hit.
    E - Pull. Roughly 525 range, pulls anything caught in a cone in front of him toward him.
    R - True damage. You should know what this does. Does more damage based on how many bleed stacks there are.

This is kinda funny, considering the passive application could be the easiest way to fix him if his lane dominance is too much. Either that or nerfing his pull range and buffing his Q movespeed boost, because an easy way to deal with him is just to kite him - his only two gap closers are on very high cooldowns(E and R).

Frauds are people too... people who just can't win. Forum Veteran Deathfish64's Avatar

The grace period is roughly half a second. I'm aware of this and the patch preview.

His abilities:
    Q - Spins around once, the outer part of the circle deals more damage. Gain a movespeed boost if you hit a champion.
    W - On-hit effect, next strike slows the target hit.
    E - Pull. Roughly 525 range, pulls anything caught in a cone in front of him toward him.
    R - True damage. You should know what this does. Does more damage based on how many bleed stacks there are.

This is kinda funny, considering the passive application could be the easiest way to fix him if his lane dominance is too much. Either that or nerfing his pull range and buffing his Q movespeed boost, because an easy way to deal with him is just to kite him - his only two gap closers are on very high cooldowns(E and R).
    His R is not a gap closer. It's practically melee range. The E really isn't much of one either, since the range you can grab someone in is less than the distance flash can take you (meaning it's very easy to escape if you have any kind of blink). His lane dominance honestly isn't much of anything against the majority of prominent top champions. Yorick, Riven, Pantheon, Irelia, Kennen, Vlad, Kayle, and Vayne can all crush him in top lane, to name only a few counters. His jungling is perhaps slightly more dangerous, but in the jungle he gets countered hard by enemy laners, in that if they have any mobility at all he will be completely unable to gank them. Darius has insanely high damage but his slow movement speed, lack of gap closers, and lack of steroids (either tanky or damagey) hurt him greatly. He can get kills in teamfights to catch up even if he's doing poorly, but probably won't be able to do anything too useful with them anyway. Darius is fun and FEELS powerful, but cannot carry and is, essentially, a counterpick (to what I'm not really sure).

"I'm not in-sane. In fact I'm so far out of sane that you appear as only a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity."

Thread Information