Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BitF Community Art Contest - April 2012

Assist Trophy

BitF Community Art Contest - April 2012

April is here, but this contest is no foolery. After a long dry-spell of contests, it's time to splash back into the water that is art, and draw some awesome pictures!
    Resident artist(and a quite talented one, at that!) Ame-Nami and I will be judging the entries, but I want to make it clear that this is not run or managed by Matthew or Chris, and is a fan-contest in honor of the previous ones.
    ~ As a note to the forum staff and Matthew, this contest is merely in lieu of the official contests, and is in no way an attempt to replace them.

'Fore we get to the art, though, there are a few little things to go over called:

THE RULES:
    • Make do with whatever you want! Digital, scanned, painted, pieced, paper mache; all forms of media are acceptable. If it's art, it's can enter.
    • Keep it clean. We all know BitF is a family comic, and like previous contests, keep it at a light-PG rating, at worst.
    • Originality! No art may be stolen or traced from others. Tracing or borrowing official Nintendo art/pictures/sprites isn't recommended, and your entry may be knocked down a few points because of it, but it is allowed.
    • Post or send 'em. The easiest way submissions can be... well, submitted is by posting them to this thread. However, they may also be sent to me via private message. Either way is acceptable.
    • Looming deadlines. All submissions must be posted or sent by April 30th, 11:59 PM, EST.
    • Aim for quality! Any number of submissions may be entered, but only one may win or place in the judging.

Also, it's good to keep in mind that - as a fan contest - this is supposed to be just a healthy competition for fun. There are no rewards or prizes, besides the contest and judging itself.

With all that out of the way, though, it's about time we get to the fun part:

THE THEME:
    Tribute to Brawl in the Family.

The web-comic we all know and love, and the reason why this board can even exist!
    Whether it be a simple comic in the BitF style, a group picture of key characters, or a homage to one of the story-arcs or musical numbers(Cocoon Academy, Ice World, etc.), it's time to show appreciation for all the great times Matthew's given us through the comic.

As a few tips and pointers:
    Get creative! Submissions will be judged by adherence to the theme, composition, and general skill, but creativity is the key principle that'll help your piece.
    Get out there! Don't be afraid to share your entry early and get feedback. Having some constructive criticism may be the nudge that pushes your entry from great to fantastic.

So get out there and start creating!
    Last edited by Cyphir; April 1st, 2012 at 11:07 AM.

Re: BitF Community Art Contest - April 2012

HOORAY!!! I'll get right to drawing!
    Spoiler: Extended Sig! 

You don't like it?

Check out Cocoon Academy Voiced and follow us on our project of voicing BitF's longest comic!
    And visit my Art Thread, Daisy's Doodle Garden!

You hear that? That is the sound of how invalid your arguement is. dfrogmatt's Avatar
    Either chillin' in Costa Rica or dead... probably both!

Woot! Sounds like fun

By the way can I mention how much I hate the forum format on April Fool's Day?
    I'm a goofy goober YEAH
    Kirby Dance! <("<) <( " )> (>")>

Don't be afraid to give me any comments, feedback, or chocolate milkshakes... Mmm... yes.

Say? Do YOU like hilarious videos? Of course you do. Why don't you just go ahead and click on this link: http://dashingfrog.tumblr.com See what I did there? Dashing Frog --> dfrog + my name is Matt= dfrogmatt!

"The secret to enjoying life is to hold onto the kid inside of you." Detective Ema Skye's Avatar

This is a great idea, I'll be sure to enter!
    There's no use worrying,

well, there are times like that, but tomorrow will be different!

This is a wonderful idea and I really wanna enter but I don't think i am good enough
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your signature and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven

Consider me lurking sevenstitch's Avatar

This isn't about being "good enough," KirbyHugger8D, it's about having fun, and participating with the BITF community! Just do your best and keep a positive attitude; after all, this IS just for fun~

Might enter if I have time.

I have something which I started working on the other week, as a homage to BitF. I was originally going to send it to Matthew, but I may post it in here as well. As for what it will incluse? Pokemon.
    [CENTER]My Chandelure is following you... (O++O)

Quote Originally Posted by sevenstitch View Post
    This isn't about being "good enough," KirbyHugger8D, it's about having fun, and participating with the BITF community! Just do your best and keep a positive attitude; after all, this IS just for fun~
    Thanks for the support? if that is what you wish to call it but I really don't even draw nintendo
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your signature and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven

A hero is simply one that makes the right choice when it seems to be the hardest ARC Trooper CX-7529's Avatar

I'm in. Good luck to all of you guys, let's make something awesome.
    <- Halo: Out of Reach Join the epic adventure! Updated: 02/09/12- 10 Frontlines I'm taking a break from this for a while. Not finished, though.
    Hey! You! Yes, you! Visit my art thread! And leave a request! Please? And my fanfic.

And finally, my Ask Michael the Gallade Blog! Weekly updates in full tasty color :D

Spoiler: Meet the ARC 

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... yes ... T-3000's Avatar

Here's my first entry

001 - The Showdown HD
    Come to my

Or be my friend here
    ... or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphir View Post
    [*]Aim for quality! Any number of submissions may be entered, but only one may win or place in the judging.[/LIST]
    Is this per participant? I kindof think there should be a limit to how many one can enter, but whatever works!

I'm in this one for sure! I have been thinking about comic ideas for a while, so I have motivation and inspiration.
    A Moment of Change

Assist Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Fox View Post
    Is this per participant? I kindof think there should be a limit to how many one can enter, but whatever works!

I'm in this one for sure! I have been thinking about comic ideas for a while, so I have motivation and inspiration.
    Yep, it is. Might have worded that bit a little oddly, so in plainer terms: every single participant can post as many submissions as they want, but only one of each of theirs(the highest quality one of the bunch, as decided by the judges) will be picked for the judging phase.

Great to see interest brewing already!
    Last edited by Cyphir; April 6th, 2012 at 11:00 AM.

You hear that? That is the sound of how invalid your arguement is. dfrogmatt's Avatar
    Either chillin' in Costa Rica or dead... probably both!

Oh man... It's hard to get back in the swing of things! I have an idea but haven't found the time to draw it yet!
    I'm a goofy goober YEAH
    Kirby Dance! <("<) <( " )> (>")>

Don't be afraid to give me any comments, feedback, or chocolate milkshakes... Mmm... yes.

Say? Do YOU like hilarious videos? Of course you do. Why don't you just go ahead and click on this link: http://dashingfrog.tumblr.com See what I did there? Dashing Frog --> dfrog + my name is Matt= dfrogmatt!

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd update y'alls on what I'M doing for this contest...oh man

I'm working on two projects right now! I got some sample boxes from the first (obviously not the finished product, but I'm on my way)
    Spoiler: Sneak Peek! 

The second's not really fanart, but that's all I'm gonna say

Keep artzin' !!!

You don't like it?

Check out Cocoon Academy Voiced and follow us on our project of voicing BitF's longest comic!

Assist Trophy

Ten-days-left reminder, everyone! Plenty of time remaining to finish those pieces, so keep at it!

Falcon... LUNCH! cocoonMeta_Knight's Avatar

Wow, thoughtful of you two to commission a contest for the rest of the community! And really smart choosing Ame-Nami the art genius as the judge!
    You guys are great
    Well, better get working on my entry. Only nine days left O_o
    Check out my LP!
    Mother 3 Hard Mode: Currently at the beginning of Chapter 3. Party members: Salsa - Lv. 1 Fassad

Yeah, no one's watching me... TwilitKirby's Avatar

Got only 8.5 days left! Hm I should probably get workin on it if I have time.
    Hey can there be more art contests after this? (assuming there won't be any official ones for a while)
    It's kinda sad how the world can be a boring place.

May I present... my art thread! Stop by for a visit!

Check out my CYOA here!

"YOUR RESISTANCE IS USELESS!"
    -Palkia, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Cute Little Poot

I think i'll take part in this, but i got the rest of today and then 2 days! I better make it quickly!

Wheelie Rider

I'll give it a go. Mind you, this is my first contest. I'm a little nervous, seeing as so many of you are million times better than I am...

OK here it goes! This is my NON-ENTRY, it is merely a tribute to Brawl in the Family. I know, it isn't near perfect, but I spent a lot of time on it, AND I had fun doing it, and that's good enough for me!

Here it goes...

Presenting: The History of Brawl in the Family!

You don't like it?

Wheelie Rider

REAL MEN WEAR PINK:

OK, so I didn't have time to digitally...amp this one up, so some of the words are hard to read (curse you scanner!!!)
    But, here's my OFFICIAL entry. It takes place soon after Cocoon Academy finishes. It's pretty cheesey, but I hope you find it funny.

Spoiler: Page 1 

Spoiler: Page 2 

Spoiler: Page 3 

Spoiler: Page 4 

Spoiler: Page 5 

Spoiler: Page 6 

Spoiler: Page 7 

Spoiler: Page 8 

Spoiler: Page 9 

Spoiler: Page 10 

Spoiler: Page 11 

Spoiler: Page 12 

It's kinda long, so just open one box at a time

EDIT: I had an ending in mind for this comic that I debated about putting in, so I went ahead and did it (hopefully to tie up any loose ends!). Here's the "secret ending" Part 13!
    Spoiler: Bonus: Part 13 
    Last edited by Hi I'm Daisy!; April 30th, 2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Added a part!

You don't like it?

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... yes ... T-3000's Avatar

Entry II:

I had to cut out Meta Knight because I didn't have enough time
    Come to my

Or be my friend here
    ... or not...

Wheelie Rider

Quote Originally Posted by T-3000 View Post
    Entry II:

I had to cut out Meta Knight because I didn't have enough time
    Wait, you're allowed to do more than one?
    Last edited by NintendoQueen; April 30th, 2012 at 10:53 AM.

Thread Information