Thread: How Cobalion Stole Christmas AND The Glowdrops

is trying so hard to spread the word about HarmoKnight fergzilla's Avatar

How Cobalion Stole Christmas AND The Glowdrops

Agent Gold suggested making an Adeleine's Canvas thread for this project so that I'll stop posting updates of this comic on ACiAO. Anyway, here we go...

I am working on an upcoming comic project of mine. It's called How Cobalion Stole Christmas AND The Glowdrops (yeah, I know, a Christmas comic in SPRING. However, I didn't want to wait until December '12 to make it and show it to you people). As the title indicates, it's a Grinch parody. I got the idea while playing Pokemon Rumble Blast, and then I decided to make that idea into a comic.

I will update this thread with comic page WIPs and/or other stuff pertaining to the production of this comic as time goes on. Once the comic is eventually completed, I will post a scanned version of every page in this thread ASAP.

So, have some WIP camera shots of the first 4 pages, with some unfinished panels here and there:
    Spoiler: Page 1 

Spoiler: Page 2 

Spoiler: Page 3 

Spoiler: Page 4 

What do you think of this project? Comments/thoughts are appreciated.
    Last edited by fergzilla; April 1st, 2012 at 07:59 PM.

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Re: How Cobalion Stole Christmas AND The Glowdrops (3/18/12: WIP shots of first 4 pag

Pretty good. I'm not a huge Pokefan, but I get some of the jokes nonetheless.

And I laughed at the idea of Darkrai (it is Darkrai, right?) being Tsundere.

Re: How Cobalion Stole Christmas AND The Glowdrops (3/18/12: WIP shots of first 4 pag

That is pretty nifty little parody you have here. I can't wait until the "Your a Mean One" comic is shown.

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

They'll ship, they'll ship, they'll ship!

Amen.

Just a thought: maybe you should try scanning them next time? I mean, if you have a scanner. If you do, then I suggest doing that. It just looks better. Still, it's quite readable right now anyways. So... looking forward to more, I suppose.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    Just a thought: maybe you should try scanning them next time? I mean, if you have a scanner. If you do, then I suggest doing that. It just looks better. Still, it's quite readable right now anyways. So... looking forward to more, I suppose.
    I actually do have a scanner. It's just that I figured for sneak previews and WIPs, I'd take photos of my work, and for the full finished version, I'd scan it.

Darkrai x Table

... Dafuq
    I am so mad right now I'm gonna bob my head up and down.

Spoiler: Noteworthy quotes (some make sense in context '-') 

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Hippie View Post
    Darkrai x Table

... Dafuq
    Perhaps I should explain this one.

It's an inside joke within the Tumblr Pokemon ask-blog community that Darkrai gets shipped with a table. I don't know all the details of that joke, but I think it might've started in an Askcresselia livestream chat session.

I know, dafuq too?

Well, I made pages 5 and 6, and with no access to a scanner...here we go.

Spoiler: page 5 

Spoiler: page 6 

What do you think?

Also, I have GOT to learn how to rename thread titles....it should say "How Cobalion Stole Christmas AND The Glowdrops (3/23/12: pages 5 and 6)"

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fergzilla View Post
    What do you think?

Also, I have GOT to learn how to rename thread titles....it should say "How Cobalion Stole Christmas AND The Glowdrops (3/23/12: pages 5 and 6)"
    The art is pretty good, and I guess I'm kinda interested to see where this goes.

Only mods can change thread titles, though, so... there's that, I guess.

Page 7 is up, peoples

Spoiler: page 7 (APRIL FOOLS) 

EDIT: April Fools!! The REAL page 7 is coming up soon! And the comic is DEFINITELY not going to end there!
    Last edited by fergzilla; April 28th, 2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: It's not April 1 anymore...

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Re: How Cobalion Stole Christmas AND The Glowdrops

YEEEEEEEESSSSSS.

That is the perfect ending to this comic.

Ugly little poot metaknight1138's Avatar

I can tell how much effort you put into that. That was simply incredible, and I hope you will grace this forum again with a gift of equal amazingness.
    I love you. You, specifically. I love you to the depths of the earth and beyond the stars.

Which is why the world needs more of this.

WHAT THE &&&& DID I TELL YOU JERRY? SHUT THE &&&& UP JERRY! Forum Veteran BrandonSP's Avatar

The day that Cage graced your comic was the most important day of Cobalion's life. But for him... it was Cageday.

Best page that a comic could ever get, it should replace Mass Effect 3's ending after the movie comes out.
    Spoiler: Codes, Steam, and Internetometer 

OK, OK, the "page 7" I posted was obviously a poorly-disguised April Fools' joke.

Here's the REAL page 7 (and page 8, too)

Spoiler: the REAL page 7 

Spoiler: page 8 

I think that these pages are the point where the comic REALLY picks up. I've had a lot of fun adding a ton of hidden (and not-so-hidden) references on these pages.

Also, the final result of the comic will be digital.

Thoughts and comments?
    Last edited by fergzilla; April 28th, 2012 at 09:24 AM.

Ha!

I liked the "what Coballion hears" gag in the second one. I also approve of randombowserliketurtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Mind View Post
    Ha!

I liked the "what Coballion hears" gag in the second one. I also approve of randombowserliketurtle.
    Thank you very much.

The turtle isn't Bowser, though, I'll tell you that.

So sorry, there's no comic update today.

BUT, this is very special bonus material for this thread!

Today was Free Comic Book Day, so I decided to go to to my local comic book shop in the hopes that I can get the Free Comic Book Day issue of the Adventure Time comic book, the second volume of the Pokemon Black and White manga, and/or the first volume of the Reborn! manga. I didn't find ANY of those, unfortunately (the only free comic book they had left was some Marvel comic book, they only had Volumes 4 and up of the B&W manga, and they only had Reborn! volumes 10 and 15). I ended up getting vol 1 of Leave It To PET!, which is some silly manga about a boy and his recycled-bottle robot. That manga was supposed to encourage children to recycle or something.

While I was at the comic book shop, someone set up shop selling pins, stickers and prints. She was even taking commissions. So, I paid her about $20 and asked her to draw "Cobalion with a Joltik stealing jars of Glowdrops and Christmas presents. Oh, and a random Munna in the background"

This was the end result:

I actually kinda like it. I thank her for taking her time to draw this piece of work.

Oh, and about the person who drew this: this is her deviantART page. And here is her website, though it IS under construction and it only consists of a picture she drew of a sleeping Totoro and her email address.

I hope you like it!
    Last edited by fergzilla; May 5th, 2012 at 04:46 PM.

Yessssss Shokuji looks adorable.

Colour more shizzles, it's better than black and white.
    I am so mad right now I'm gonna bob my head up and down.

Spoiler: Noteworthy quotes (some make sense in context '-') 

MUCH BETTER. Better drawings ftw. SwerveStar's Avatar

Awww, bummer that this appeared to go under. I wish I saw this earlier, this was super cute and I like it a bunch!
    "I HAVE A SCOUTER, ANGEL WINGS, A DIMENSIONAL GAP, AND MY OWN WORLD. YOUR ARGUEMENT IS INVALID."
    Oh, I have a DeviantArt account BTW.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcdTw...ure=g-high-lik <- TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME

Thread Information