Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Hardest Video Game Bosses

Designing forum skins while awaiting character suggestions.

Re: Hardest Video Game Bosses

And yes, the Ruler of the Sky is pretty tough to, but mostly just time consuming.

...Allow me to elaborate.

It's not just Giacomo that gets another attack; if memory recalls, I believe if it's a certain amount of damage taken from the group (I had all of them standing at one point, and they busted out the attacks).

Generally, I go for Ayme first since she's fast. Just...well, if you have the weaknesses, she can easily go down in one turn. Folon, however...well, he's just a jerk. I'm not sure who can revive others (I'm going by memory), but it's a pain regardless to fight them, considering I was either underleveled or had really, REALLY bad cards (which is more likely; I had cards from the beginning of the game, and after lending this game to a friend, he said he got through it with ease. Not just the battle, the entire game, minus one part.)

Come on, anime people, MAKE ASH AND SERENA HUG itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Hell. Oops, did I say Hell? I meant Iowa. Hard to tell the difference.

People remember Zack & Wiki? Cool.

Anywho, I think that the guy at the beginning of the FF XIII-2 demo was pretty hard, unless that wasn't a boss. It was a huge hand, or something, and his health WOULD NOT DEPLETE. Might be my lack of RPG skills...

That, and
    TMC's final boss. Seriously, the guy is HARD. Especially the... second phase? I don't remember. You had to use arrows to hit the eyeballs or something.

SUCKY ART THREAD HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hey now, this is the SSB4 News Thread, not the "Let's Wax Philosophical with Zork Party Fun Hour".

On my laptop behind you when I should be sleeping in my bed

All forms of Majoras Mask: It endend up taking 5 deaths and many colourful words to defeat this boss

Final Boss of KH358/2: I ended giving up versing this boss mostly because my DS was slowly breaking and making it hard to move around.

LeechGrave: Took me a while because his attacks were strong and I went in for the more "physical" approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Blink View Post
    All forms of Majoras Mask: It endend up taking 5 deaths and many colourful words to defeat this boss
    Did you have Fierce Deity Link? The boss is SUPER easy with that. Honestly, I think
    Goht was harder than MM

Oh, and Claude from Fur Fighters. You keep running out of Plasma Beam energy while he's shooting you with his own Plasma Beam energy. Seriously, that gun eats through ammo like there's no tomorrow >:O

SUCKY ART THREAD HERE.

Hey now, this is the SSB4 News Thread, not the "Let's Wax Philosophical with Zork Party Fun Hour".

New from Four Swords Anniversary:

Technically not a boss (though they are minibosses), but the amount of deaths I've gotten in the Hero's Trial fight scenes (especially the miniboss ones) is excruciating - and I'm only on the Gold Door.

How have I not posted in here? Could'a sworn I had.

The hardest boss I've ever had to face in a video game is Monster X, from Cave Story. In a 3HP run.
    Heck, Ballos was easier to beat with 3HP than Monster X.

I've only gotten past him once, hence why I know Ballos is easier. :P

Other than that...
    This one doesn't really count, but in Pokemon B/W, the random trainers in the Battle Subway eventually become harder to beat than the Subway Masters because their teams aren't set. I swear, the game actually starts rigging the battles after a certain point. In this one battle (the 15th, IIRC) I was on my last Pokemon, my Lilligant, and the opponent's Pokemon was a Swoobat. It managed to take out my other two Pokemon (a Chandelure and a Blaziken). My Chandelure had whittled its HP down so that my Lilligant could kill it in one hit. The Swoobat uses Air Slash. Lilligant survives with four HP. Then... FLINCHES.
    Obviously she died the next turn. ; -;
    Rigged, man.

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, something from Dissidia: Duodecim.
    When you start the game, it asks you something like "Do you know how to play? Need tutorials?" or something like that. If you say you know how to play, you end up playing a Level 1 Lightning against like a level 60 Chaos.
    Not even sure if that counts as a boss, lol. You can't win. He can practically Brave Break you with his little finger.
    Last edited by Detta; May 3rd, 2012 at 10:05 PM.

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded's final boss was too hard. I rented the game and could NOT BEAT HIM. It's SO annoying. IT'S NO USE trying to beat him easily, even on normal mode...

SUCKY ART THREAD HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    TMC's final boss. Seriously, the guy is HARD. Especially the... second phase? I don't remember. You had to use arrows to hit the eyeballs or something.
    I don't know I didn't think it was that hard I mean I died a few times but once you understand the pattern it gets pretty easy. Then again when I got to it I had 100% so that probably helped.

Designing forum skins while awaiting character suggestions.
    Another extremely hard one is Conroy Bumpus' VR Dragon in Sam & Max Hit the Road.

And the Dustflier in 358/2 days.
    Last edited by Eltrotraw; May 4th, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

Oh, God.

Monster X. First time playing, I was freaking out and completely a WRECK against it. Didn't know about the cores it starts off with, and that's what I was supposed to attack.

...I've never finished Cave Story. Ever. Not because of Ballos. Because of Sacred Grounds. I mean, Ballos is relatively a tame boss, he's not that hard. But Sacred Grounds...Jenka, why?!

I second Monster X. He's not nice, not nice at all.

And also the boss in the ice world of Sonic Advance 3. Seriously, every time you hit him, you fall to your death. For crying out loud.

SUCKY ART THREAD HERE.

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

What's up with all the one-line posts? Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    Goldeneye 007: Reloaded's final boss was too hard. I rented the game and could NOT BEAT HIM. It's SO annoying. IT'S NO USE trying to beat him easily, even on normal mode...
    Can't have Goldeneye without mentioning
    Trevylan
    , the final boss from Goldeneye 64. I had the honour of fighting that guy on normal mode, in which he's really tough, but beatable. I watched 3 other fella's(one of them was the owner and he played it since release) play on hard/double zero, failing miserably in every attempt. Plenty of reasons for that:

- To start of, the map is fairly small with pretty much no cover or quiet moments whatsoever.
    - There's a neverending supply of minions who seldom walk alone.
    - They spawn with super powerful dual machine guns, which can kill you in seconds.
    - There are no health packs around, and all ammo comes from the above mentioned minions.
    - The boss constantly runs away from you, so damaging him is hard.
    - You will have to chase him or else he'll escape. Of course, he sets up plenty of ambushes to deal some cheap damage.
    - After you deal enough damage(or when he gets bored, not sure which), he'll try to escape. I'm still not sure how this works exactly. You'll have to jump down a hole, land on a small platform and shoot him down real fast. However, sometimes he escapes while you're down there, and sometimes he simply shoots Bond(Unusual behaviour for a Bond villain). Either way, if you lose, you'll have to do everything all over again.

A lengthy, annoying and extraordinary unfair fight. I don't think bosses come any harder then this chap.
    Dream Adress: 6800-2436-9701. Come and meet my demonic horse of demoness!

the enderdragon (minecraft)
    why? well first you have to kill alot of endermen: a super over powered mob and go to the nether to find BLAZES! then when you have enough eyes of ender you track down a very rare stronghold and activate the portal... oops! silverfish push you into lava try again! then when you get to the end: 9 out of 10... YOU ARE NOT ON THE ISLAND! so you make a bridg- oops! the dragon came and ATE THE BRIDGE OUT FROM UNDER YOU! you fall into the void and die again... when you get to the island there are endermen. they can and will kill you if you look. the ender dragon then KNOCKS YOU OFF THE STINKIN ISLAND! on try 4 you have armor on and hit a crystal. IT.BLOWS.UP. try 5 you avoid the crystals and shoot like crazy. an enderman telleports right infront of you. on 6 you almost win... THEN THE CRYSTALS HEAL THE DRAGON TO FULL HEALTH! what do you get for beating it? alot of xp, an egg, and an achievement. oh and the egg telleports. also there's more: if your game crashes during all this, get ready for double trouble. yes a glitch DOUBLES THE ENDERDRAGON IF YOUR COMPUTER CRASHES!

Spoiler: sig 

Spoiler: note on kirbew 

I used to have trouble with Huff N. Puff since he would often replenish his HP.

Although the title of hardest Paper Mario boss would have to go to the Shadow Queen since she can potentially attack you three times per round.
    Last edited by Silver Monferno; May 25th, 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Wario View Post
    I used to have trouble with Huff N. Puff since he would often replenish his HP.

Although the title of hardest Paper Mario boss would have to go to the Shadow Queen since she can potentially attack you three times per round.
    I feel your pain ;_; Huff N. Puff was extremely hard, so was Shadow Queen, and Ice... King dude or whatever was annoying as well.

Anyway, I HATE HATE HATE Sonic Unleashed Wii/PS2's Egg Lancer, the last Eggman daytime boss you fight before Eggmanland. Considering if you die due to a glitch or something, you have to start ALL THE WAY BACK at the BEGINNING. Ugh, SU Wii/PS2 was horrible, especially the bosses. Oh, and then there's Dark Gaia, in both versions. The 360/PS3 versions were harder, IMO, due to it taking FOR-STINKING-EVER to get to the gaia guy, and you have to do it Three times. THREE. STINKING. TIMES. And Perfect Dark Gaia wasn't easy either, especially the QTE parts. Egg Dragoon from Sonic Generations was hard on my first try as well, due to ice lasers and other horrible things.

SUCKY ART THREAD HERE.

Luck is all in the head. Unless you're Oswald. Then you're just AWESOME. Chris the Kirby's Avatar
    Uh... totally not plotting revenge against Mickey?

I know this one's already been mention many times, but dang it, THE LEECHGRAVE WAS HARDER THAN THE DUSTIFLIER!!!!!!! Seriously, it must have taken me about 20 times to finally defeat it. How many times to defeat the Dustiflier? 3! And the first ten times, I didn't even realize that it sprayed poisonous gas. When I finally defeated it, I was about ready to throw my DS at the wall, and set it on fire. I'm just glad I was able to defeat it to complete the game.
    O-S-W, A-L-D,
    R-A-BB-I-T!

Hm. Well, after some replaying, I think I'll have to list
    Elder Princess Shroob
    from M&L 2. While none of her attacks were actually hard per se, the fact that she could attack over ten times per turn, combined with her ridiculously overinflated HP and my low-level Bros, caused me to waste most of my 1-Ups and all but one of my Mix Flowers.
    The attack that really took its toll on me towards the end was that Time Hole attack - the game expects you to memorize Princess Shroob's saucer-destroying sequence (as well as what happens to each saucer), then keep it memorized for an entire turn or two full of each of her five limbs (more if counting the "leg" tentacles as seperate) getting its own two attacks. If you don't, then too bad. You will be thumped.

I cannot stand the Leechgrave, I quit playing 386/2(or whatever it's called) for a while before playing it again a few months later and beating it. The second fight with Riku and the second fight with Ansem (the one after the Darkside) in the first KH were also really difficult, those two fights were harder than all of KH2 for me.

I also need to mention the Titan Dweevil from Pikmin 2, without a solid strategy that thing is brutal.

It appears your creation has life. Shall I cue "Putting on the Ritz"? Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, so I'll put
    Hades' Heart
    from Kid Icarus: Uprising. You fight it in a maze-like arena, and it's got two attacks- a charge attack, and an attack that creates a clone of it that charges and explodes, shooting lasers into corridors around it. The latter is insanely difficult to dodge, and the former I'm pretty sure can't be dodged at all. You're pretty much guaranteed to die until your difficulty's gone down two or three levels. Its absurd difficulty is only made more jarring in a game where the bosses are usually relatively easy, and it makes the boss after it and the final look easy. Heck, all they've got to make them even somewhat difficult are
    the Great Sacred Treasure
    's OHKO attack and
    Hades
    ' length.
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

Spoiler: YOU DIED 

Ornstein and Smough, Dark Souls
    Sure, you can always pop a humanity and summon Solaire to tank, but just imagine going at these guys Hollow at Soul Level 1. Which I suffered through a few weeks ago. Better hope you're packing a lightning AND fire weapon...

Black hearted evil, or brave hearted hero? galaxiadarkness2327's Avatar
    On the ground with rest of Meta Knight's knaves, on a forced "vacation"

I had huge problems with the elite four in heartgold. It involved a full YEAR of plotting, planning, and some very creative cursing. I only beat them by catching all their pokemon with an action replay. Tabuu:FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU
    : Go vocaloids! Only a retard would think I'm a guy, but I can still curse like a biker.

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

I had huge problems with the elite four in heartgold. It involved a full YEAR of plotting, planning, and some very creative cursing. I only beat them by catching all their pokemon with an action replay.
    I don't get this. The Heartgold E4 is not that hard no matter what team you're using. Anything in Pokemon can be defeated by just grinding for a couple of hours. And how do you grind that late ingame? Well, by fighting the E4. Their Pokemon give tons of EXP, you'll do a lot of scouting and, should you defeat 2 E4 members, you actually earn money even if you lose. You defeat the E4 by using the E4, hacking really is not required.

Tabuu:FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU
    Sidestepping, bro. Master the rhythm of the butterfly waves and sidestep that ****.
    Dream Adress: 6800-2436-9701. Come and meet my demonic horse of demoness!

there's math and there's dealers and players and killers and me Dragon's Avatar

Alright, I'm also going to tenth how hard Ballos is after the Sacred Grounds, especially if you don't have a Life Pot, which I foolishly used against Misery.

In addition, try fighting Chaos on the iDevice remake of FF1 without a White Mage and ReviveFull. I have my team (red wizard, black wizard, knight, ninja) levelgrinded to ridiculous levels, and I still can't beat the idiot.

You know not what you fight until you have been in battle with it. zeldamaster2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Alright, I'm also going to tenth how hard Ballos is after the Sacred Grounds, especially if you don't have a Life Pot, which I foolishly used against Misery.

In addition, try fighting Chaos on the iDevice remake of FF1 without a White Mage and ReviveFull. I have my team (red wizard, black wizard, knight, ninja) levelgrinded to ridiculous levels, and I still can't beat the idiot.
    Fighting Ballos is ridiculous, but you do know that its possible to get a second life pot as long as you get it before you enter the boss rush against the docter, right?

Thread Information