Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Create Your Own Assist Trophy

If there was a broom Pokemon, it'll become the best sweeper taiwanman0610's Avatar

Re: Create Your Own Assist Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by King Wario View Post
    That was awesome. Although the thread is for Assist Trophies, not Pokeball Pokemon.
    But it's UKULELE Pichu, not just any old Pichu!

Name: Red Bulborb
    Series: Pikmin
    Effect: Walks around the stage (around the same speed as Ganondorf) and chases opponents. If it reaches one, it will stop and bite said opponent, dealing moderate to high damage. Running into one will also cause damage, but very little.

My body's falling. I think I've hit the floor. I cannot feel, anything, anymore. Homesick's Avatar

Name: Cloud Strife
    Series: Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts
    Effect: Does heavy combos on your opponents, then sits on the edge looking awesome.

that would be hawt

Walk away from anything or anyone who takes away from your joy. Life is too short to put up with fools.

Name: Birdo
    Series: Super Mario Bros.
    Effect: Birdo shoots eggs out of her mouth at your opponents. Regular eggs cause 10% damage. Explosive eggs cause 30% damage. Occasionally, a regular egg may have a recovery items after it breaks.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... yes ... T-3000's Avatar

Spoiler: Too bad this tread isn't for Pokeball Pokemon, becasue this would work 

Anyway my Assist Trophy ideas:

Name: Kracko
    Series: Kirby
    Effect: Flies around, shoots lightning (just like in the game)

Name: Perfect Chaos
    Series: Sonic the Hedgehog
    Effect: Water tentacles and tornadoes

Name: Koopalings
    Series: Super Mario Bros
    Effect: Shoots magic from wands, spins in shell. (one of them per assist trophy, not all of them at same time)

Name: Torizo
    Series: Metriod
    Effect: That move that it does with it's hands that shoot lazers (whatever it's called)
    Come to my

Or be my friend here
    ... or not...

Joke's on you, I'm not wearing any pants! Spazboy225's Avatar

Name: Tetris
    Series: Tetris
    Effect: Tetris A theme starts playing. Two I blocks drop around the leading player (except the summoner), trapping them inbetween. A series of square, s, z, and t blocks fall into place at high speeds with high power, but little to no knockback. After the space between the I blocks has been filled, the player gets a "Tetris", the sound effect plays, and dissapears.
    ~Tumblr for Spazboy225~

~Come see Spazboy225's Deviant Art Page!~

(I also take requests and do commisions! I need the money!)

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8022-3397

Quote Originally Posted by T-3000 View Post
    Too bad this tread isn't for Pokeball Pokemon, becasue this would work
    I guess I could change the title.

It's not necessary to change the topic's name now, since we've accounted for 2 pages already, and I'm sure there is a SSB Pokemon thread somewhere.

Name: Raiden
    Series: MGS Revengance
    Effect: A stronger version of Gray Fox with a devastating finishing blow.
    A Moment of Change

Now that I have an avatar, I can't recognise my posts AT ALL when I'm searching through the threads. BlueGeckit's Avatar

Name: Red Bulborb
    Series: Pikmin
    Effect: Walks around the stage (around the same speed as Ganondorf) and chases opponents. If it reaches one, it will stop and bite said opponent, dealing moderate to high damage. Running into one will also cause damage, but very little.
    Cool! But maybe instead of a red bulborb, it should be a bulbmin? After all, what if we have Distant Planet in SSB4? It would look weird to have 2 types of red bulborb at once. Bulbmin are smaller, and the babies can be controlled by the player in the game they're from, so maybe that would be better?

Hmm, new Assist Trophies . . .

Funky Kong
    Game: Donkey Kong
    Effect: Funky flies in in his gyrocopter, and drops bomb on the players. Also, if an opponent tries to jump over/at the same level as the gyrocopter, Funky will shoot them down. He flies around for about 10/15 seconds, but can be defeated early, too, if he takes enough damage.

Goomba stack
    Game: Super Mario 3D Land
    Effect: A stack of goombas, 6 high, appears. It just walks around and gets in the way, doing moderate damage to players who touch it. It doesn't disappear on it's own, and all the goombas must be destroyed for it to go away.

I didn't think these ones through too well, so let me know if they're any good (or bad)!
    I took a quiz, and it said I'd be an ice type Pokemon. The description sounded right.

They're not bad at all. Quite creative.

Dillon
    Game: "Dillon's Rolling Western" (or "The Rolling Western")
    Effect: Dillon jumps into the scene. He spins across the stage trying to hit players. If he hits a player, he will either bounce off of them, bounce upward and slash them with his claws for a 3-hit combo, or grind against them for about 5 hits before bouncing off. He can jump over gaps in the stages if he needs to.

Note: I thought about his charge spin attack, but in the game, it creates shockwaves after hitting enemies, and I'm not sure how to balance that.

Now that I have an avatar, I can't recognise my posts AT ALL when I'm searching through the threads. BlueGeckit's Avatar

They're not bad at all. Quite creative.
    Thanks, King Wario.

Actually, I thought of something. Maybe instead of being a stack of goombas, it should be a pokey (Cactus enemy with many segments) instead? I sort of like the idea of a goomba stack better, but the way I imagine it, the way it works is actually closer to a pokey. Eh, it's not like I even have anything to do with this idea once I decide anyway. . . .
    I took a quiz, and it said I'd be an ice type Pokemon. The description sounded right.

Joke's on you, I'm not wearing any pants! Spazboy225's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Man View Post
    Dillon
    Game: "Dillon's Rolling Western" (or "The Rolling Western")
    No. This is a terrible idea.

Dillon is too awesome for mere AT status, he must be an original character.

NO EXCEPTIONS.
    ~Tumblr for Spazboy225~

~Come see Spazboy225's Deviant Art Page!~

(I also take requests and do commisions! I need the money!)

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8022-3397

I don't see it happening. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGeckit View Post
    Thanks, King Wario.
    Actually, I thought of something. Maybe instead of being a stack of goombas, it should be a pokey (Cactus enemy with many segments) instead? I sort of like the idea of a goomba stack better, but the way I imagine it, the way it works is actually closer to a pokey. Eh, it's not like I even have anything to do with this idea once I decide anyway. . . .
    You're welcome. And I know what Pokeys are, silly. :P But yeah, I like the Goomba Stack better too, since Goombas are more recognizable than Pokeys.

Name: Knuckles The Echidna
    Series: Sonic The Hedgehog
    Effect: Knuckles will run around hitting your opponents similar to Little Mac, but Knuckles also has a secondary effect, he'll dig underground and pop back up with a heart and toss it at the player, decreasing their damage percentage.
    Last edited by Silver Monferno; February 27th, 2012 at 04:18 PM.

Name: Groose
    Series: LoZ Skyward Sword
    Effect: He would fly around the stage on his loft wing doing funny/stupid muscle poses. The camera follows him to distract players.

Don't kick a man when he's down. A home run bat works better!
    http://liftchurch.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSevenband7?feature=watch

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlovesme View Post
    Effect: He would fly around the stage on his loft wing doing funny/stupid muscle poses. The camera follows him to distract players.
    Actually, a possibly better use of Groose might be he spins around the stage on his Groosenator, dropping bombs on opponents.
    Because I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate the assist trophies that just mess with the screen.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

You're welcome. And I know what Pokeys are, silly. :P But yeah, I like the Goomba Stack better too, since Goombas are more recognizable than Pokeys.
    Okay,I guess goomba stacks are better. Now that I think of it even more, pokeys and goomba stacks are kind of the same thing. ;p

Name: Knuckles The Echidna
    Series: Sonic The Hedgehog
    Effect: Knuckles will run around hitting your opponents similar to Little Mac, but Knuckles also has a secondary effect, he'll dig underground and pop back up with a heart and toss it at the player, decreasing their damage percentage.
    I can see that working in-game. So he runs around and beats everybody up for a while, then at the end he throws you the heart and disappears, right? That is, only at the end of the attack, rather than several times in the middle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlovesme View Post
    Actually, a possibly better use of Groose might be he spins around the stage on his Groosenator, dropping bombs on opponents.
    Yeah, I don't really like assist trophies that mess with the screen, either. But the sheer epicness of the concept kind of outweighs the terribleness. This is honestly my favorite idea on the thread!

Yeah, I don't really like assist trophies that mess with the screen, either. But the sheer epicness of the concept kind of outweighs the terribleness. This is honestly my favorite idea on the thread!
    Thanks. Honestly I don't really like those either, but that seemed like it fit the character and would be pretty simple to do. Of course, I am still working on getting the flames for my swords, so I don't know what the Groosenator is. That actually sounds pretty cool.

Don't kick a man when he's down. A home run bat works better!
    http://liftchurch.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSevenband7?feature=watch

I can see that working in-game. So he runs around and beats everybody up for a while, then at the end he throws you the heart and disappears, right? That is, only at the end of the attack, rather than several times in the middle?
    Bingo.

Bingo.
    Okay, I suppose that's what I thought. Seems like kind of a dumb question in retrospect. Actually, the stupidity of my question gave me and idea. What if instead of tossing the heart to the player who sent him, he throws it to the middle of the stage for the players to fight over? Yeah, a dumb question followed by a dumb idea.

No, that's not a dumb idea, just flawed. If Knuckles just let the players compete for it, it means the damge he dealt kind of goes to waste. I still like that idea though. It kind of spawned a new idea for me;

instead of a heart, Knuckles could also dig up either a beam sword, super scope, ray gun, or star rod and toss it whoever summoned him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBox View Post
    I second that notion!

Now going off of the conversation and Ideas we were having in the next brawl roster topic i've come up with a few AT's.

Name Medusa
    Series Kid Icarus
    Effect Seeing as how she is so large in game she could appear behind the stage, all epic looking [and laugh manically]. The background could go to a purple FD look and she could fire off purple energy shots, not locking in one one person, but not hitting the summoner. [yes even if the summoner was pit XD]
    Another idea for it is if pit did summon her then she would only attack pit, adding a bit of a twist. Just to make it so not all assists don't damage the person that called them. Could add for some extra caution for pit, but I honestly don't see that happening.
    [though personally I feel she would be more worthy of playable/epic boss battle material]

Name Paleutina
    Series Kid Icarus
    Effect Works more or less like a heart container, heals 100 damage. If Pit or someone else from the KI cast summoned her [if we get any more KI reps -coughMagnuscough-] She could heal like...110 or just a little bit extra, but not too much to make it a disadvantage. Just an extra little bonus.

Roy will always be our boy!
    "It’s so much easier to believe that only your own thoughts and beliefs are absolutely correct."

Brawl: 4682-8265-3072

Okay, okay, I'm here, I'm here Koj09's Avatar

Ooh, this thread seems neat.

Name: Boo
    Effect: Flies around the stage, picking up random items and either tossing them at players or giving items to summoner. Boo lasts about 15 seconds. Maybe 20? Players can hit Boo off-screen, but he just comes back and whacks whoever struck him.
    Last edited by Koj09; March 3rd, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
    Sig by Impromptu~!

Spoiler: Spoilerbox. Big surprise. 

instead of a heart, Knuckles could also dig up either a beam sword, super scope, ray gun, or star rod and toss it whoever summoned him.
    Okay, I reckon that could work.

Name: Boo
    Effect: Flies around the stage, picking up random items and either tossing them at players or giving items to summoner. Boo lasts about 15 seconds. Maybe 20? Players can hit Boo off-screen, but he just comes back and whacks whoever struck him.
    I like this one. Also, maybe if one of the players looks at him, he slows down slightly and looks a bit nervous, but doesn't stop completely. I don't know, I suppose that's mostly for aesthetics, but I can imagine a fight where the player is trying to keep both the opponents and the boo away at the same time. I don't know, just an idea. Feel free to ignore it!

Also, I have another one (actually, it's somewhere between being an assist trophy and another item. I'm not sure which):

Name: Four Sword
    Game: The Legend of Zelda: Four Sword (It's in the name! ;p)
    Effect: The user holds up the Four Sword, and 3 copies of him/her/it appear to cause chaos. They run around and attack people, throw eac hother into people (I can imagine them tossing the 3rd to each other like they're playing monkey in the middle), and cause all kinds of ruckus. The disappear after after about 10/15 seconds. EDIT: Oh yeah, and the can be knocked back like actual players.

I don't know what the distinction for the copies should be, any ideas?

it was the only thing I could think of I'm sorry Meta-Mind's Avatar

Also, I have another one (actually, it's somewhere between being an assist trophy and another item. I'm not sure which):

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Four Sword (It's in the name! ;p)
    Effect: The user holds up the Four Sword, and 3 copies of him/her/it appear to cause chaos. They run around and attack people, throw eac hother into people (I can imagine them tossing the 3rd to each other like they're playing monkey in the middle), and cause all kinds of ruckus. The disappear after after about 10/15 seconds.

I don't know what the distinction for the copies should be, any ideas?
    I like this, but I'd make a few modifications:
    Game: The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords/The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap/The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
    Effect: The user holds up the Four Sword, and 3 copies of him/her/it appear in a flash of light. The copies' colors are randomly chosen from green, red, purple, or blue color schemes. If the player has one of these, then the other three will be automatically chosen. However, the copies are a little "washed out" color-wise.
    The copies fight using the Four Sword, and have four attacks: a basic swing attack using the player's "Item Swing" animation, a more powerful swing using the "Item FSmash" animation, an aerial attack based on the player's Nair, and a copied version of the player's Neutral Special.
    The copies will not take any knockback, but each copy perishes after taking 50% of damage, and will flinch as normal characters do. Otherwise, the copies will vanish after a minute.

Thread Information