Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Create Your Own Assist Trophy

Create Your Own Assist Trophy/Pokeball Pokemon

Here, just create some Assist Trophies or Pokeball Pokemon of your own. I doubt I have to tell anybody this, but, just make sure your Assist Trophies are video-game related.

Here are two of mine:
    Name: Kamek
    Series: Super Mario Bros./Yoshi's Island
    Effect: Kamek flies around on his broom and will enlarge whoever released him and shrink any opponents.

Name: Dimentio
    Series: Paper Mario
    Effect: Dimentio changes the stage the players are fighting on and they'll remain on the new stage until he gets summoned again.
    Last edited by Silver Monferno; February 23rd, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Re: Create Your Own Assist Trophy

Name: Falcon
    Series: Metal Combat
    Effect: Flies off the screen beyond the camera, and a targeting reticule pops up much like with the Dragoon, as well as a charge gauge. Falcon then shoots at your opponents exactly like in his game.

Name: Adeleine
    Series: Kirby
    Effect: Paints 3 things, which can each randomly be either some kind of enemy to attack opponents, or a very good item that is sent to your location.

Name: I don't know. It's a space ship.
    Series: Solar Striker
    Effect: Basically, it should work like an Arwing on the Corneria stage, except it should attack much more often, and actively target opponents.

Name: Eggplant Wizard
    Series: Kid Icarus
    Effect: Attempts to turn opponents into eggplants. Opponents turned into eggplants can only walk around and single jump, much like when they use a hammer. The effect lasts for maybe 10 seconds.

Name: Doshin / Jashin
    Series: Doshin the Giant
    Effect: Doshin is about the size of Groudon, but much more tall than wide, and he shows up and just walks around harmlessly for a while. If he is attacked however, he turns into Jashin and start wrecking everyone's &&&&.

Wheelie Rider

Name: Gary Oak
    Series: Pokemon
    Effect: Taunt all the opponents and call them losers. :P

No wait, he should be an actual player in the game, if Pokemon Trainer is....

This isn't my idea, but I thought it was good.

Name: Rosalina
    Series: Super Mario Bros.
    Effect: Rosalina drops Star Bits on everyone restoring their health.

This idea originated on a Super Smash Bros. website shortly after Brawl was released. Sadly, the info was false.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... yes ... T-3000's Avatar

Name: Titan Dweevil
    Series: Pikmin
    Effect: Crushes the players. Also it's Fire, Electricity, Water, and Poison moves
    Come to my

Or be my friend here
    ... or not...

Name: Doopliss
    Effect: Doopliss transforms into a random battler (either you or one of your opponents). Doopliss will then help you fight by mimicing whoever he transformed into. He disappears after 12 seconds.

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-3000 View Post
    Name:
    Louie controlling
    Titan Dweevil
    Series: Pikmin
    Effect: Crushes the players. Also it's Fire, Electricity, Water, and Poison moves
    There, I awesome'd it up for you

Name: Wart
    Game: Super Mario Bros 2
    Effect/: Same as in that game. He launches a volley of bubbles outta his mouth that are eventually affected by the gravity and fall down, even through solid objects. He can be countered by tossing a vegetable or fruit (peel) in his mouth, but this requires timing and dodging those bubbles. He fires 2-4 times before vanishing.

Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
    Effect: She paints food and health items that pop off the canvas. And, if she get's hit, she gets angry and starts painting monsters that pop off the canvas and start attacking the other players. She can only be hit by players who did not summon her, so that hitting her will most likely be accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Man View Post
    Game: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
    Effect: She paints food and health items that pop off the canvas. And, if she get's hit, she gets angry and starts painting monsters that pop off the canvas and start attacking the other players. She can only be hit by players who did not summon her, so that hitting her will most likely be accidental.
    Problem!
    This would give control over the effect of the assist trophy exclusively to people who did not summon it.

For example: If the person who summoned Adeleine had high damage, you could purposely attack Adeleine to screw that person over, especially since dodging the enemies she(?) paints is probably not that big a deal.

Name: Elite Beat Agents
    Game: Elite Beat Agents
    Effect: Someone yells "HEEEEELLP!!!", and the Elite Beat Agents drop in to save the day.
    "ARE YOU READY? 3 2 1 GO!" Music starts playing, they start dancing, and circles pop up all over the screen that damage opponents near them when they are 'used'.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseman View Post
    Name: Eggplant Wizard
    Series: Kid Icarus
    Effect: Attempts to turn opponents into eggplants. Opponents turned into eggplants can only walk around and single jump, much like when they use a hammer. The effect lasts for maybe 10 seconds.
    I was SO mad this didn't make it into Brawl. I mean, it's the perfect idea for an Assist Trophy. I mean, affected character could just turn purpleish instead of adding an eggplant to the model. Although ROB + Eggplant would be pretty amazing.

Name: Rambi
    Series: Donkey Kong Country
    Effect: Charges back and forth causing massive knockback but little damage. If he gets to a break in the platforms he will jump in a small arc, the same short hop from the games. Lasts 2-3 cycles

Name: Hungry Luma
    Series: Super Mario
    Effect: Floats for a moment and opens mouth wide for a few seconds. If opponent is near, they get sucked and held in his mouth. If the opponent is not near, the Luma closes its mouth then spits out a stream of star bits towards the closest which cause damage.

Name: Mallo
    Series: Pushmo
    Effect: Comes out, does a small twirl, and walks towards the back of the stage (actually he walks in place, but it looks like he's walking towards the back) Mallo pulls out a small block formation, maybe it's one of like three or four random styles, that adds an extra platform to the stage.
    Last edited by Snifit; February 20th, 2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Hooray for typos!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseman View Post
    Problem!
    This would give control over the effect of the assist trophy exclusively to people who did not summon it.

For example: If the person who summoned Adeleine had high damage, you could purposely attack Adeleine to screw that person over, especially since dodging the enemies she(?) paints is probably not that big a deal.
    Good point. That means the summoner must protect her, and makes sure he/she gets her health items before the opponents do. Either that, or make the monsters really annoying.

I would be just fine with her just painting food and unable to be hit. I just want to see her in Smash Bros.

Star Warrior

I considered somebody from Star Tropics for some retro goodness, but there isn't much variety to those bosses' MOs. Even Zoda's pretty hackneyed.

Besides, my new inclination is to concentrate on already acknowledged games. I found it a little odd that the Mario series had three representative assist trophies in SSBB and no other series had more than one. With that in mind...

Name: Garo Master
    Series: The Legend of Zelda
    Effect: Charges, disappears, and attempts a teleport attack that would knock the target to the floor.

Name: Poppy Bro
    Series: Kirby
    Effect: Hops to and fro, periodically throwing bombs.

Name: Zinger
    Series: Donkey Kong Country
    Effect: Flies around somewhat slowly but invincibly. (It's the red variety from DKC2.)

Name: Midna
    Series: TLoZ
    Effect: if the summoning player is Link, he is given the option to transform into a wolf. if the player is not Link, the are covered with twilight energy and are invincible for a short time

IT IS WEEK 8 WHY DO I STILL HAVE THIS WEEK 5 AVATAR Meta-Mind's Avatar

How would the "option" to be a wolf be handled, though?

it would spawn a transformation-triggering item that only Link could grab, the item would vanish after 15 seconds.

I don't really see the point in that, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Mind View Post
    I don't really see the point in that, but okay.
    it's the only way to transform a player without activating a scripted cut-scene that I can think of

I mean that I don't see the point in a transformation at all.

instead of asking "why?" you should be asking "why not?"

j.k. It would give you more powerful attacks.

Okay. With one character only, and one AT only, the odds of the Wolf Link transformation happening are tiny.

Instead, you should probably just make Midna ride Wolf Link and attack that way.

*sees point in Meta-Mind's logic, narrows eyes, and grudgingly admits that he is probably right*

Quote Originally Posted by King Wario View Post
    Name: Dimentio
    Effect: Dimentio changes the stage the players are fighting on and they'll remain on the new stage until he gets summoned again.
    No.
    One, it's likely that the stage will stay that way for the entire match, since the odds of getting the same AT are tiny.
    Two, Dimentio would be better as a PC rep for PM.
    Three, that idea is terrible. Why not make him act as he actually did in-game rather than having a random effect like that?

Here's one I thought of one day

Trophy: Ukulele Pichu
    Series: Pokemon Rangers: Guardian signs
    Effect: Pichu will start playing his ukulele and musical notes will start appearing. If the player gets hit, they will get shocked. seconds later, Pichu will start emitting sparks. During Pichu's finale, he will stop, and then powerful lightning will come from the sky and knock the player off the stage. Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvz22xJRkhI
    Last edited by Battle Mage Z; February 24th, 2012 at 07:05 PM.

Cute Little Poot Superdimentiobros's Avatar

Bowser Jr.
    He'd splatter paint on the stage, hurting characters.

Also Rosalina and Magolor, but IDK what they'd do.
    You may think you've got a lightning man, but he's not gonna follow

^Picture by Marx Hat

THE NEGATIVE ZERO GAMES FORUMS JOIN TODAY!
    Spoiler: My sprite comics: 

Cool Re: Create Your Own Assist Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Mage Z View Post
    Here's one I thought of one day

Effect: Pichu will start playing his ukulele and musical notes will start appearing. If the player gets hit, thay will get shocked. seconds later, Pichu will start emitting sparks. During Pichu's finale, he will stop, and then powerful lightning will come from the sky and knock the player off the stage.
    That was awesome. Although the thread is for Assist Trophies, not Pokeball Pokemon.

Thread Information