Page 113 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3112

Thread: Minecraft

Terraria beats Minecraft, apparently. Le Mario Bro's Avatar

Re: Minecraft

1.2 is officially out! Right now!

Jungles, Cats, Sexy villagers, Iron Golems, Lamps, Anvil worlds, and even Upside-Down stairs!
    Go out and get yours today!
    Spoiler: ChuggaaConroy's Daily Joybuzzer 

Spoiler: Pokefarmer's Oath 

Updated the server for 1.2
    Bukkit isn't updated so all plugins are off.

Someone hurry up and generate a jungle omg

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woofay View Post
    Updated the server for 1.2
    Bukkit isn't updated so all plugins are off.

Someone hurry up and generate a jungle omg
    Don't think you can, you need to have a fresh world in order to do that

so use MCedit... oh wait, can you?
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Panda View Post
    Don't think you can, you need to have a fresh world in order to do that

so use MCedit... oh wait, can you?
    Any freshly generated chunks can contain one, unless this is somehow different from every other update ever.

Because I love you you crazy &&&&& Forum Veteran BrandonSP's Avatar

There is a jungle. It is somewhere near that huge forest of lag a ways behind someguy's house.
    Spoiler: Codes, Steam, and Internetometer 

Terraria beats Minecraft, apparently. Le Mario Bro's Avatar

Actually, since Brandon can't tell the difference between a jungle and a swamp, he got us completely lost and we ended up separating.
    After which, I was quickly able to find a REAL jungle with REAL jungle saplings that I'll be bringing with me back civilization, once Bukkit updates to 1.2 and I'll be able to /spawn.

Plus, I made myself a SWEET Le Tarzan Bro skin that you guys should be able to see in my sig rather soonish.
    Last edited by Le Mario Bro; March 1st, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Spoiler: ChuggaaConroy's Daily Joybuzzer 

Spoiler: Pokefarmer's Oath 

Yeah, I got lost in the swamp too

if you can, could you bring some saplings for me too? I love me some jungle trees

Back for more. Not much, though. Dieza Rattman™'s Avatar

Hey guys, I've got an issue. I can't install mods in the profiles that use Minecraft Profile Manager to be launched, not even Modloader. I have a hunch that it's got something to do with MCPatcher or the absence of the minecraft 1.1 jar or 1.2 .jar file or something like that.

Anyone here that uses the Profile Manager have any idea on how to fix this?
    ////NEW SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.\\\\

Villager is going to be Top Tier Piemaster's Avatar

So my server is back up and running for any of you who care.
    Just plain survival. That's how it is gonna be.

PM me if you want the IP if you don't have it already.
    Spoiler: Open me! :D 
    [/FONT]

Villager is going to be Top Tier Piemaster's Avatar

Sorry for double post, but, it's being a while, so it should be okay.

SO, in terms of my server, we found the griefers/stealers/whathaveyou.

Griefing and stealing should halt, at least, I hope so.

Guess only time will tell.
    Spoiler: Open me! :D 
    [/FONT]

Wheelie Rider

I've always wanted to play Minecraft, but was too cheap to actually buy it. ;~;

Minecraft looks like a lot of fun (I've seen my best friend's brother play it before) and I enjoy games where you can build your own things (ie Sims).

Hug the Bowz Event Artist
    Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoQueen View Post
    I've always wanted to play Minecraft, but was too cheap to actually buy it. ;~;

Minecraft looks like a lot of fun (I've seen my best friend's brother play it before) and I enjoy games where you can build your own things (ie Sims).
    you should buy it, it's a worthwhile investment! since all the updates come free after it and stuff like that too, and it's really fun and you can do a whole load of anything
    you can also mod the vanilla files with all kind of neat add-ons to keep gameplay fresh too :o

anyhow golly gee

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

If you want to give it a try, you could always ask CommodoreJim if he's okay with you borrowing his account. He loaned it to me and that was how I got into Minecraft. I ended up buying my own afterwards, I really didn't need to at that point but I thought it was worth it.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Wheelie Rider

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticDuckie View Post
    you should buy it, it's a worthwhile investment! since all the updates come free after it and stuff like that too, and it's really fun and you can do a whole load of anything
    you can also mod the vanilla files with all kind of neat add-ons to keep gameplay fresh too :o

anyhow golly gee
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    If you want to give it a try, you could always ask CommodoreJim if he's okay with you borrowing his account. He loaned it to me and that was how I got into Minecraft. I ended up buying my own afterwards, I really didn't need to at that point but I thought it was worth it.
    Hey guys! Thanks for the tips and such! I really appreciate it. :]
    And that really is very nice of CommodoreJim to do that for people. :]

back again and about time too jmleleven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Piemaster View Post
    Sorry for double post, but, it's being a while, so it should be okay.

SO, in terms of my server, we found the griefers/stealers/whathaveyou.

Griefing and stealing should halt, at least, I hope so.

Guess only time will tell.
    Time has told wrong. I got a major griefing. Someone destroyed an entire 1/4 of my tree (they chopped down one whole corner of it, all the way to the top). Also I see the big house got blown up.

(psst, it rotates)

Steam - Tumbles

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

So, a thought occurred: Minecraft 360 is being programmed differently than the main version of Minecraft. PC Minecraft uses up a lot of CPU, heating up laptops like nobody's business. Would it be possible for a few clever people to port the 360 version to PC when it's released? Would it improve performance? This can also open up for any discussion on the way Minecraft is programmed.

Was working on one of my art projects for Latin Convention this year. The myth of Sisyphus the Greek king in Minecraft.

Took me about an hour and a half to do what was in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Detta View Post
    Was working on one of my art projects for Latin Convention this year. The myth of Sisyphus the Greek king in Minecraft.

Took me about an hour and a half to do what was in the video.
    that looks interesting as a video, but it doesn't quite look mountainy, even if it's just the frame. What I suggest is getting MCedit (if it still works) and use that to make a mountain. it'll be a lot quicker, it has features such as erode, change blocks, all that stuff. If you do that and add some really good scenery, then that would be pretty damn shweet

Forum Veteran

I guess 1.2.4 came out... yesterday? I don't know. Reading youtube comments makes my head hurt, all of these people are &&&&&ing about stuff that doesn't matter like now there are different colors of planks!! Check out sandstone too :o [sandstone stuffs] [planks] I personally really like the birchwood and pine planks, they look pretty. It's great to get more block variations! (I really don't understand why people are whining?? haha god people on youtube are just so stupid sometimes)

Also I guess chats work better, you can copy/paste, use the up arrow key to repeat messages much like in an IRC or skype, you can paste http links and people can open them, you can scroll through chat history, etc. I quite like that! too bad it'll probably get abused in public servers but hell I won't run into that issue myself

oh and cats jump on beds and chests
    dumb cats

oh and F3 menu is way better, it isn't the debug screen so it's much like optifine (when you disable those red bars and the charts and stuff like that), easy viewing and stuff. I guess you have to use shift + F3 to change it? apparently you can change fog levels with F while in the debug menu too but I don't know I haven't checked myself yet

also TNT doesn't have nasty ghost images on servers anymore apparently!

Back for more. Not much, though. Dieza Rattman™'s Avatar

Hey, Bukkit has been updated a while ago. Why don't you guys install it again in the server, Woofay? Besides, it's been very long since I've seen anyone there at all.
    ////NEW SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.\\\\

I just started a file.
    I accidentally set it on hard mode and was killed over 10 times in three nights.
    I finally got enough coal and iron to support myself.
    I have a house made of bricks surrounded by a ditch.
    I got three cows and three chikens, plus I have a sugarcane and wheat farm.
    The only rare things I have are four pumpkins. (are those rare?)

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticDuckie View Post
    I guess 1.2.4 came out... yesterday? I don't know. Reading youtube comments makes my head hurt, all of these people are &&&&&ing about stuff that doesn't matter like now there are different colors of planks!! Check out sandstone too :o [sandstone stuffs] [planks] I personally really like the birchwood and pine planks, they look pretty. It's great to get more block variations! (I really don't understand why people are whining?? haha god people on youtube are just so stupid sometimes)

Also I guess chats work better, you can copy/paste, use the up arrow key to repeat messages much like in an IRC or skype, you can paste http links and people can open them, you can scroll through chat history, etc. I quite like that! too bad it'll probably get abused in public servers but hell I won't run into that issue myself

oh and cats jump on beds and chests
    dumb cats

oh and F3 menu is way better, it isn't the debug screen so it's much like optifine (when you disable those red bars and the charts and stuff like that), easy viewing and stuff. I guess you have to use shift + F3 to change it? apparently you can change fog levels with F while in the debug menu too but I don't know I haven't checked myself yet

also TNT doesn't have nasty ghost images on servers anymore apparently!
    I knew the Sandstone variations were coming (though they changed them around, I liked the ones they had initially shown :c) and they look pretty nice, but god why has it taken so long for us to get these colored planks, they're really nice. I've always wanted those and I'm shocked they never added them before, now I'll actually be willing to use planks for houses because there's some variation now. Honestly I think they should consider making a craftable paintbucket thing, just a bucket + dye and then you could color things. Maybe make the tradeoff be that the paint is unlimited but the blocks only look the color, when broken down they revert to their natural color. That way we wouldn't have millions of block spots taken up by colored versions of existing blocks.

God finally the F3 menu doesn't suck. The bars are the most annoying things, why did they ever think putting that in there alongside coordinates was a good idea.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieza Rattman™ View Post
    Hey, Bukkit has been updated a while ago. Why don't you guys install it again in the server, Woofay? Besides, it's been very long since I've seen anyone there at all.
    There hasn't been a stable release yet, the version that's out is a dev build. Even if I did get it, no plugins would work because of them still being updated.

Forum Veteran

I've always liked the whole painting idea and really wanted it too (and the way you suggest it could work actually makes good sense!!), and also kind of had the same idea with wood! I just think it's pretty great that they're actually trying to add new things, it makes Minecraft feel as special as it did when I first played it. New blocks and stuff are just... fun. It's cool to have more things to collect/utilize. What would be great is if they added a few more ores or something, new things to mine for... people would probably get all ticked if it screwed up the progression gold-wood-stone-iron-diamond I guess but it'd still be great! Mining is like the whole aspect of the game (off of creative mode), why not try to expand that a little more? I know Aethermod had lots of neat ores and stuff to find, it'd be cool to see that. Or at least make it possible to make redstone blocks out of dust, haha. A block that could work like a redstone torch, maybe give off a low amount of light and be all shiny red but then maybe it could give off more power (so you wouldn't need as many redstone repeaters?). I dunno I think redstone would be cool to decorate with too if it were a block, haha.

What would be pretty cool is if they included more songs that C418 made into the soundtrack, why not? We got more CDs (though I don't think you can achieve them without creative?), why not some more ambient stuff? Whenever some of the songs start playing I have flashbacks to my first house, which was built in a hole in the ground. I had no idea what the &&&& I was even doing, I thought that pumpkins were a mob that would stay still until you walked up to them and then they would come alive and attack (since they have the carved faces omg), haha.
    Even though this would just be a little minor thing, haha.

The main issue I really think they should try fixing though is lighting issues. Signs/chests/stairs are horrible, jeez. While it's great they add stuff, they should try putting a load of focus into fixing the bugs they already have, I suppose.

I have some questions. (I'm new to this.)
    What is Lapis Lazuli used for?
    How rare is Redstone?
    What should I use the little Redstone I have for?
    Is Gold even that good?
    Are Pumpkins rare?
    That's it!
    Thank you!

Thread Information