Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    You mentioned "straight up deathmatch".

Even then, this doesn't change anything I've said. You're clearly approaching the problem the wrong way if you keep rushing in like Rambo and people are taking advantage of it.
    the thing is that rambo is how the game should be played imo. we obviously have diffrerent views on how things should be in an fps. Personally, going rambo is what i expect cod to be and Tf2 is strategy. I feel as if when i die by camping its like i coudnt have played any better, even if i had circle starfed around the corner i feel as if i didnt die because the other guy beat me, but because he was waiting trying to get kill streaks. Killstreaks pretty much ruin all fps's IN MY OPINION since they should reward you with getting tons of kills. while they do that i feel as if there should be a timer between kills to stop boosters. thats just my opinion.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
    the thing is that rambo is how the game should be played imo. we obviously have diffrerent views on how things should be in an fps. Personally, going rambo is what i expect cod to be and Tf2 is strategy. I feel as if when i die by camping its like i coudnt have played any better, even if i had circle starfed around the corner i feel as if i didnt die because the other guy beat me, but because he was waiting trying to get kill streaks. Killstreaks pretty much ruin all fps's IN MY OPINION since they should reward you with getting tons of kills. while they do that i feel as if there should be a timer between kills to stop boosters. thats just my opinion.
    So why the distinction between style in different FPS? This is your problem and why you're being really biased against the game as a whole, because once again, these sorts of strategies are nothing new to the game, or genre. Just because you don't want to counteract any sort of strategy against you doesn't suddenly make the game bad, especially when these strategies are utilized in so many other games.

That's incredibly biased.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
    the thing is that rambo is how the game should be played imo. we obviously have diffrerent views on how things should be in an fps. Personally, going rambo is what i expect cod to be and Tf2 is strategy. I feel as if when i die by camping its like i coudnt have played any better, even if i had circle starfed around the corner i feel as if i didnt die because the other guy beat me, but because he was waiting trying to get kill streaks
    Well if that's how you want to play then maybe you should get a lot of friends together and just play with them, setting up your own rules and style of play. People online are always going to camp, and you need to learn how to deal with them if you want to do better in the game.

Killstreaks pretty much ruin all fps's IN MY OPINION since they should reward you with getting tons of kills. while they do that i feel as if there should be a timer between kills to stop boosters. thats just my opinion.
    Shouldn't there be a game mode where there are no killstreaks? I know there was such a game mode in Black Ops which I played for a little while.
    by JSG

Yes, but what is it exactly that Soulja Boy told them? *chuckles to self* *head catches on fire* Aurelite's Avatar
    Take me down to the Anime City where the hair is green and the girls are kitties

Quote Originally Posted by Mkan View Post
    Shouldn't there be a game mode where there are no killstreaks? I know there was such a game mode in Black Ops which I played for a little while.
    It's a Barebones match called 'Pure'
    It was on Black Ops exclusively (there may be similar gametypes in other games, that go by different names), and you could play either Pure TDM, Pure FFA, or Prestige Pure (for prestiged players, as the name implies)

I've not really played anything besides core tdm on MW3 so I'm unsure if there's a gamemode that turns off the killstreaks there, but there's still a possibility considering there are so many game types

Speaking of MW3, I've been enjoying the game quite a bit. It has its fair share of problems , of course, it's as if CoD as a whole is infamous for lots of Pros and Cons
    My overall K/D is 1.70 and I've only gotten one moab to date
    Of course there's a lot less to complain about, really, aside from the things that can't really be changed. Such as the people that abuse stealth perks and sit in corners the entire match bluhh
    I'm a very aggressive rusher and I don't really pay attention to my surroundings as much as I probably should, so those guys always get me

only real thing I can complain about, though, is the support package. While it was intended to be for people that enjoy supporting their team (ie very few people that play cod), most abuse it for the combo advanced uav/stealth bomber run
    So they get really effective pointstreaks by just getting 12/14 kills, respectively, even if they die at some point
    which is just really annoyinggngnfdnksd
    Spoiler:  

Quote Originally Posted by Mkan View Post
    Well if that's how you want to play then maybe you should get a lot of friends together and just play with them, setting up your own rules and style of play. People online are always going to camp, and you need to learn how to deal with them if you want to do better in the game.

so i lose playing the majority of online modes? i would play a no killstreak mide though

Thread Information