First off, I'm going to make something very clear about this game. Abuse the Anon account and there WILL be consequences. Consequences such as large infractions being dealt out (5 pointers, putting you on probation), loss of the privilege to take part in this game, and potentially this game itself being stopped indefinitely. If I see ANY posts by Anon outside of Castle Lololo, there WILL be repercussions. The profile is only to be used on this board, if its anywhere else there will be problems. No VM or PM abuse either; if anyone sees this happening, report it immediately if you want this game to continue. Just keep Anon to this topic and everything will be just fine, but do remember that all forum rules still apply here.
Anyhow, its time for you to meet our "friend" Anon, user #10519. Just who is this mysterious fellow? Well, you see... A member of BitForums has been chosen by Ruane/BrandonSP to use the Anon account. That user will post hints about themself, such as things they've done, said, made, been involved in, etc. The first person to guess who is using the account gets 1 point and gets to pick who gets the account next (thus, they will not participate in guessing who has the profile for that session). That's the game in a nutshell.
Rules for Controlling Anon
1. DO NOT POST OUTSIDE OF THIS TOPIC.
2. You may only post ONE hint per day.
3. Don't mess with the profile settings. This includes the avatar, signature, etc. Just leave it be, all you're allowed to do is post in this topic.
3. If someone guesses you correctly, but doesn't give reasoning or gives bad reasoning, DO NOT GIVE YOURSELF AWAY. You're still the Anon, their post will be ignored.
Rules for Choosing Anon
1. You may not choose inactive users or users that are unknown. "Unknown" means that a user MUST HAVE BEEN REGISTERED FOR AT LEAST A MONTH. "Inactive" means the user MUST HAVE BEEN ONLINE IN THE PAST WEEK AND MUST HAVE AT LEAST 50 POSTS.
2. If the person chosen as Anon or the person choosing Anon does not reply Ruane/BrandonSP's PM in 3 days, the person who chose Anon must choose another user.
3. In the event that the person who has the right to choose Anon does not do so within 3 days, Ruane/BrandonSP will choose the next user.
4. The person who guesses Anon's identity correctly may choose ANY user, so long as the user fits the qualifications in point #1. The only users exempt from being chosen are those who are not qualified; thus you can choose former Anons, BrandonSP/Ruane, myself... so yes, fitting point #1 is all that you need to worry about when choosing a new Anon.
5. Probably obvious as its been said already, but the person who correctly guesses the current Anon is the person who chooses the next Anon.
- Remember that your chosen Anon doesn't have to participate if they don't want to. If that person refuses, the person who chose them will have to choose someone else.
- Before the Anonymous account's password is given to the next user, the password will be changed, so no older users come in and screw it up.
How to play the game
1. You can ask Anon questions, but they can still only pick one hint per day. They can choose whether to answer your question or create their own hint.
2. ONLY ONE GUESS PER POST.
3. When guessing who Anon is, you MUST post your reasons for guessing this user, otherwise your post will be ignored.
4. If a user posts reasoning for their guess and guesses Anon's identity correctly, but their reasoning is incorrect, they do not win the round. Anon reserves the right to either ignore the post or say that it is wrong.
5. Continuing from #4, if you are Anon, be reasonable about what is "incorrect reasoning". If a person got the answer and was mostly correct in their reasoning, give it to them. If the wording's just a bit unspecific or whatnot, concede defeat. Only if they are absolutely 100% wrong on the reasoning do they not win upon guessing your identity correctly.
And finally, remember that you only have one week to figure out who Anon is. If Anon isn't correctly guessed within a week, no points are given out and Ruane/BrandonSP selects the next Anon.
Now please refrain from posting in here until BrandonSP posts. He's going to be running the scoreboard and the list of previous anons, who guessed who, etc. Once that is posted, he and Ruane will start the game at their leisure.