Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time

It's let's-waste-'em time! Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Re: Time

If there was one thing Parallax knew, he wouldn't be engaging &&&& today. He'd pick off all enemies from afar with his trusty sniper rifle, go in, amd retreive his target easily. It was risk-free. Better safe than sorry, he always said. He always liked people he could relate to, so many of his closer associates in his gang had had a similar philosophy.
    "Heh," he said to Erin. "Even I don't understand all this weird time &&&&. Sin does, though... and it may have damaged him beyond repair." He didn't bother to lower his voice on that last part. Sin was insame, and he knew it. Traveler was, too. It was an eventual side effect of time travel. Parallax grabbed a sweater on his way out. Perhaps he could strangle someone with it if need be.
    Last edited by Snickerway; December 23rd, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

when we decline from the confines of our mind

“Defeat the demons?” Leon repeated. “Yes, sir.” He prepared to order everyone to gather their weapons, but it seemed they were already doing so. The lady from earlier, Laura, had made her way to a purple door, so Leon followed her. He stifled a gasp at the room’s contents. Weapons were everywhere, covering nearly every inch of the room. There were the ones he recognized, like slingshots and bows, and others that seemed useless, strange metal things with long necks that the Spartan could see no purpose for. They wouldn’t even be good for bludgeoning.

He turned his attention to his own arms. All he had was his double-edged, single-handed sword that was meant as back-up. His main weapon, the Doru, was left in his barracks, along with his javelin. As he assessed the room, Leon figured there had to be something close to his forgotten armaments. A gleam caught his eye. He turned to face it and saw the light reflecting off of the bronze butt-spike of a spear. When he picked it up, he noticed the spearhead was iron. It was balanced perfectly in his hands. “The Doru,” he said, and thanked the gods for their generous gift. Not too far from the Doru, Leon found three replacement javelins. The feel of the familiar weapons excited the Spartan, and he strapped them to his back and ran to the main room.

When he entered, Leon noticed Traveler was going on about how they had reached their destination. It was more information the Spartan did not fully understand. He was beginning to get used to not understanding things.

The god finished his ramblings and began briefing the team. Leon saw the pictures of all of their enemies. They didn’t look as demonic as he had imagined. In fact, they looked like regular mortal men. He wondered how they could pose such a threat to the gods, but he dismissed the thought as Traveler began pairing them off. The Spartan found himself together with Laura. He guessed it could have been worse. At least he knew her name.

They were handed some small black box with buttons on it, which Leon promptly passed to Laura. “You, Laura, have control of this device,” he said. He figured she knew what all of this technology was. He noticed that Traveler had disappeared through a swirl much like the one Leon had entered from. Closing his eyes, the Spartan prayed to the gods for a blessing, and motioned to Laura to follow him through the swirl. He took a step and found himself standing next to the god, in a dirty alley behind the biggest structure Leon had ever seen. He nodded at the huge building and turned to Traveler, awaiting his instructions.
    Spoiler: How Unorganized 

The Sixth Deadliest Man Alive Kiwi's Avatar

Traveler turned to Leon. "I knew you'd be the first out, my muscular Spartan friend! Now this is what you are to do. You and the lovely Laura need to find the withery looking guy. Grey hair, glasses, named Coakley. Don't draw too much attention to yourselves." Traveler then realized Leon was still in Spartan armour. "On second thought you will most definately draw attention to yourself. If he asks say you're part of a festival! Don't say or do anything that could let him figure out that you work for me. If he finds out, you may have to kill him. Try not to though! That would draw attention to us, and we do not want that! Anyway, try to figure out what they're after and then report back to me! Got it? Good! Scurry off then."

Sin walked out of his time machine and walked out of the alley that he had parked in. He looked around, the city was full of hustle and bustle, so no one had noticed a large machine appearing out of nowhere in the alleyway. Looking back at the others, he made sure they were heading out to scout around before he started walking off on his own.

He worked his way through the crowded streets. It was certainly a busy time, but that's the price one pays when you visit during the soccer leagues. Besides, it provided great cover. Looking around, he saw a viewing platform on the third story of a building. It happened to be serving food. He had eaten all day, and the platform would allow a good vantage spot. He tried to spot the door leading into the place. Oddly, it seemed to be a small, fairly uncrowded alleyway.

As he walked towards the door, his stomach growled.

Yes, I log in exclusively to change avatars. 765Bro's Avatar

[VERY LATE SORRY]
    Mr. Blooregard stepped out of the Time Machine, pulling on the sweater. He was 59, he didn't care. It was nice and warm anyways, considering the frigid climate. He wouldn't be doing much, but if he could maybe sit in and watch the game a bit that'd be nice. He yawned and said to Erin as he passed by "Good luck."
    Tapping his cane into the busy streets, he realized he didn't have a clue where to even begin looking for this stuff. A kitchen timer? He supposed a kitchen supply shop may work, but if it was defensive technology...
    He debated on this for a short while, and decided maybe he could ask around a local coffee shop. That Traveler guy never targetted him much, but he wouldn't let his guard down. The public area would make it difficult for a hit and run. He walked inside, ordered a decaf, and sat down, reading the newspapers. His eyes occasionally flicked to the door to see if anyone suspicious entered. He'd make idle chit-chat with anyone who sat near him about the Kitchen Timers. The nice thing about time travelling, is that you can make weird left-field conversations all the time without being embarresed. Most people woud assume he was senile anyways.

The gates to a new world lie within Pikanator's Avatar

Virginia perked up when the Traveler announced that she would be traveling with him. If anything, this would be the best for her, seeing as she knew very little about what they needed to do except apprehend the villains.
    The Traveler passed around small black boxes to the groups. She was hoping that the Traveler would keep theirs, but she ended up taking it. It was an interesting device, all black with a little thing pointing out of the top. Or maybe that was the bottom. She didn't know. What had he called it? Walkie-talkie? What an odd name ...
    A portal opened up near the group, supposedly leading to an Empire on some moon. It didn't make much sense to her, but not much in the way of this futuristic information did anyways. She did know what an Empire was and she did get that they were splitting up to find the villains. And she was going with the Traveler, making it easier on her.
    Virginia stepped through the portal into the alley where they were gathering.
    Spoiler: 999 

Traveler looked at Virginia. "Ah yes, hello again! This is what you will do. You will wait here with me until all the little kiddies step out of the portal and get their assignments and leave to chase their assignments! So just wait here for now. OH! By the way, lovely, we're looking for two people! We only need to locate one, though. Either the one who is most likely carrying MANY guns, called Parallax, or we'll look for the one who is the leader! I'll be wearing this mask for a disguise, of course." He put on a traditional New Canadian festival mask. Looked a bit looked a stylized beaver face. "Now then, if anyone asks who you are, say you're part of the festivities!" He looked around the corner. He took the mask off. "Well, I don't need the mask at the moment, of course."

A man in a red uniform with a maple leaf on the front spotted Sin. It was a New Canadian space mountie. They're really, really good at spotting non-Canadians. He walked over to Sin, cutting him off. "Excuse me, sir? I can tell you aren't from aroond here. Can I please see yoor passpoort?" He held out his hand, expecting Sin to put his passport there. "I don't like to bother yoo, but we've had some incidents lately and cannot be too careful. If you don't have a passpoort I'll be forced to deport you."

Two men, looking very sciencey and official, sat down next to Mr. Blooregard. "Hello there, eh," One of the men said, being rather polite.

"Ah, I'd rather avoid deportation," Sin said, feigning innocence. He reached into his coat pocket and took out a weathered, brown-leather booked passport. Can't be a time traveler without having the proper paperwork to avoid suspicion. Handing it to the mountie, he asked in a polite voice, "I believe everything is in order?"

On the inside, however, he was wishing the mountie would go away. If there was one thing he didn't need at this point, it was a complete waste of time. Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, he repeated to himself in his head.

"Oh yes, this is... Wait a minoot. This passport is out of date. I'm afraid you'll have to come with me, mister. Come along." He took out a walkie talkie. He spoke into it. "Hello, yes? I got an illegal alien here... No, not a literal alien. They are all on Triton, at the hockey festival. This guy's passpoort is out of date, so I'm taking him in for questioning. Okie dokie? Good. See yoo there." He put away the walkie talkie and took out some handcuffs. He approached Sin with them. "Now then sir, I am gooing to have to ask yoo to hold out yoor hands so that I can arrest yoo, okie dokie?" He prepared the handcuffs for Sin.

Parallax cocked his gun dramatically and aimed it at the mountie. He'd set up sniper shop in a nearby building and informed Sin of his position, deciding to find Erin later. Now all he had to do was wait for the signal and he'd vaporize the guy, and throw in a smoke bomb for good measure so Sin could escape. He wanted to betray Sin and take over at some point, yes, but now was not the time. And you couldn't get rid of Sin without killing him. In fact, even killing him might not do the job. You'd have to exploit all kinds of space-time glitches just to slow him down. Parallax's thoughts were interrupted as the door handle into the room he was in jiggled, but he wasn't worried. He'd sealed the door with some technology beyond even the Canadians.

Sin simply shrugged and held up his arms. However, before the mountie could cuff him, he lurched forwards into a tackle, sending both parties to the ground. While the mountie was still stunned, Sin took out a knife from his coat pocket. "No hard feelings, alright?" he said, a twisted grin written on his face as he plunged the knife down through the mountie's throat.

Blood began to spurt out, and Sin barely managed to stand up to avoid being splattered with blood. Bloodstains are a fairly effective way to destroy one's disguise, so it would be best to avoid. However, he had to dispose the body now. Looking around, he saw a garbage bin. He dragged the body and, after making sure the blood had stopped and he wouldn't get stained, threw the body into the bin, closing the lid behind him.

"Now then, where was I?" he asked himself, walking through the entrance to the viewing platform.

General Game guy KirbyKrusher777's Avatar

Laura walked through the festival, dazzled by the colors and lights. Everyone was wearing red and brown, and many had odd masks that resembled a beaver. "Hmm. How...patriotic." She glanced down at the walkie-talkie in her hand. It was extremely old-fashioned. There didn't seem to be any kind of image-projector (AKA hologram), so she assumed that it was purely sound-based.

She glanced around, hoping (perhaps naively) that there would be someone wearing a ninja costume or something, someone so out of place it would be obvious they were with Sin.

After some time (her watch was horribly out of synch -it said it was afternoon when it was clearly dark) with nothing out of the ordinary, Laura became annoyed with her lack of progress. She turned to Leon the Spartan, who was attracting a few -or rather, quite a lot- of attention. "Should we look in a store, or keep walking and hope we run into him?" she asked.

Then, thinking he may not understand (he was a soldier from thousands of years ago), she clarified, "He may be looking for something, so he would probably not be out in the streets, but we may not know which place to look in."
    Hi.

Note; If I appear to leave out spaces in my sentences, its because the space bar on my PC is mean and forgets to work sometimes.

(I'm offensive and I find this Canadian. JERKS.)
    Mr. Blooregard quickly analyzed the two men before greeting them,
    Hmmm... Scientists or professors. Either way, each look reasonably knowledgable. Hopefully one of them can point me in the right direction.
    "Ah, good day gentlemen. I'm from out of town, and I've come looking for a...
    He quickly peeked at the sheet
    a Kitchen Timer DX34."
    Deciding that rather than split his efforts in half, he might aswell ask about the other strange thingamajig.
    "Oh, or perhaps a Quado, Quadorehon... Quadheron.., Quadohedron Defense Mechanism Mk III! Eh?

The two men glanced at each other nervously. After a few seconds, one spoke up. "Sir, the Quadohedron Defense Mechanism Mk III is top top secret technology. How did you, an old man who is obviously a foreigner by the fact that your sweater is three year out of date, learn aboot it? I think you are gooing to have to answer soome questiooons we have. Who are you, what are yoo doing here, where did yoo come from, whoo sent yoo, and why shooldn't we report you to mounties that are statiooned around the room at the moment?" He readied a taser in case there was any trouble.

It's a shotgun opera and the fat lady is singing tonight Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Erin lost herself in the crowd easily, leaving the sweater in the time machine. She'd stick out anyways - a New York accent, overalls, and a bigass wrench generally had that effect. Besides, this wasn't cold. A meat freezer in the winter was cold. This was a little chilly.

The only thing from Sin's list that she was focusing on finding was the Kitchen Timer whatever. Okay, not really. She really didn't know anything about this time period, nothing whatsoever, so there was no point in trying to find something that she knew nothing about and then screwing it up by being a friggin' idiot - i.e., not looking, sounding, acting, or even smelling like a Canadian, not knowing what to say, do, whatever.

So, she slipped into the first back alley she saw and slipped in.

"Every man for himself" - Jesus Hobo's Avatar

Before Doug could get anything useful out of Traveler, like how to track down any of those people in a Canadian space empire on the moon while sticking out like a sore thumb, he was gone. Well, he'd had more difficult missions. And he had a partner this time, who seemed to be from his time period no less. He walked up to Rinn.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Doug Captain. I'm assuming you know as much about all this as me, so let's stick together in this new Canadian wilderness, eh?"

Parallax shrugged as Sin took down the mountie himself. Fair enough, more ammo for him. The person trying to get in had given up and left, so all he had to do was get out and find those items, and perhaps Erin. He began to wonder why Sin sent them all to get two items. He'd probably just end up with five or six of each, but Parallax didn't really care.
    He turned the doorknob and opened the door to reveal several people standing around the door, waiting for whoever had sealed himself in there to come out.
    "Son of a &&&&," Parallax said as he opened fire with his machine gun. He should be more careful than that.

((MERRY CHRISTMASDAY!))

Traveler stuck his head back in the portal to talk to Rinn and Douglas. "Now then, you two will be searching for the female bad guy. Don't mess up, avoid the space mounties, or spacies as I call them, and yadda yadda yadda. Luck!" He came back out. "Okay then Virginia, let's get moving, shall we?" He looked around the corner of the alley, and pulled Virginia along by the wrist. "Okay, you look for the guy who's most likely carrying many, many, many firearms. I will look for their leader. Just try not to draw attention to yourself. If anyone asks who you are, say you're a mascot. If anyone asks who I am, say I'm awesome. Under no circumstances do you tell them we are time travelers. Okay? Good. Now look around."

Sin was resting comfortably in a chair on the viewing platform, drinking a warm glass of tea when he heard a rather distinct sound in the distance. It sounded a bit like guns firing. With a sigh, he took out a portable communications device (a cell phone, if he remembered correctly what the retrojunkies called it) and held the number 8, which began to send a call to Parallax. It was rather fortunate that these old-fashioned devices could link up to most forms of communication waves. He would have to use this to tap some conversations sometimes. But that was for a later time, he waited patiently as the dial tone rang.

Parallax held up the phone to his ear. He'd felled all his attackers quickly and quietly. After all...
    "My guns are silenced, every last one of them. You know that. No cover has been blown. The real question is... who was it?" This was a rhetorical question, of course. He was sure he knew who it was. And if his suspicions were correct- and they always were- then Traveler and his cronies had arrived on Titan. Covers had indeed been blown, and he had to move quickly. Traveler had certainly sent some of his men after him- he was Sin's best weapon maker and lieutenant- and he needed out of there, fast.

The gates to a new world lie within Pikanator's Avatar

((That's a Merry Winterday to you, Kiwi))

Fire ... Arms? Virginia was not farmiliar with the concept. But, she was meant to look around the crowds for a man with them ... Many of them. Was she to take it that he would have multiple arms, more than two perhaps, that would all be lit aflame? While blending in to the crowd? Maybe he wouldn't blend so well as an average ... Canadian was it? Either way, Virginia kept an eye out for this supposedly odd man. What distracted her was the city in general; it was nothing like the tribes that she had grown up around. It wasn't even near close to what colonial towns she had been around. Then again, this was the future, so these tall buildings of glass and steel must be commonplace in this time. But where did that leave the forestlands of this world? Virginia shook her head. Concentrate! She thought to herself, You're supposed to be looking for a man with flaming arms. And if anyone questions you, you're just part of this ... Party. And if anyone asks about the Travler ... Just say he's a cool guy. Stay focused!
    Spoiler: 999 

"Right, just don't get caught. I'd recommend getting out of there immediately," Sin said, taking another sip of tea, "In the meanwhile, I'll keep a look out for our friend, the Traveler." Without waiting for a reply, Sin hung up, looking over the edge for any sign of his nemesis.

When he had finished his glass of tea, the waitress appeared to receive the bill. Sin took out some standard universal credits and handed them to her. It must have been a bit much, for her eyes widened as she walked away, obviously stunned.

With a sigh, Sin looked around again. He should be grateful that the Traveler had not yet made an appearance.

What? What's Wrong With The Night? Erygirl's Avatar

Rinn noticed him when Doug had walked up to him. Rinn start to look at his clothes for a few seconds, he did looked like a soldier from his modern time, or at least he thought about it. After hearing of what Doug said, he looked at him and nodded slightly. "Oh course. Also, I'm Rinn Mien, a kung-fu fighter back at China," he said. He felt a bit glad that Doug is at the same modern time as himself, and he also has firearms on him, so he would be able to get a person from some medium distance, however, he could be a bit wrong, since he doesn't know firearms all that well.

Mr. Blooregard's eyes flashed to the window, hoping he'd see Sin, Erin, or Parallax. He could buy himself some more time, but only just barely.
    "I am a top secret spy from Russia, and if you don't tell me what you know right now I can and will blow up this coffee shop, and have your families executed. We are being watched already by my comrades and if you dare so much as look at the police there will be reprucussions. Now put the tazer down, and tell me: How do you know about the defensive mechanism, and what. More importantly, where can I get one?" During this, one hand slowly slipped to his pocket, where he had hidden a small blue device that he could use to get the attention of Parallax. He had tagged it to his various guns, and one press would make all sorts of his weaponry flash and alarm, aswell as give his own coordinates.

The men looked at each other again, confusedly. "Russia? What's that, eh?" One asked. Russia hadn't existed since the first Canadian Empire, all the way back in the 4500s. Since then it had been known as Dufoera. Those wacky Dufoerans. Always fun at parties. "I don't know if you think you're threatening us, but yoor not, eh."

Traveler looked around. "Gotta find him. Gotta look. I mean come on, where could he hide? Non-Canadians stick out lie a sore thumb. On fire. With large flashing lights. What was I doing again? Ah yes, looking for sin. Hrm.... I can't think when I'm thirsty, let's get some tea!" Traveler walked up to a tea place, dragging Virginia along with him. He entered, still wearing his mask to disguise himself. He looked around... And saw Sin. "Well that was easy," He whispered to himself. "Here we go~" He pressed the button on the device he packed earlier. This was a signal jammer, and was designed to jam Sin's group's communications. "Now just act natural, and sit down." Traveler sat at a table, and stealthily watched Sin from across the room.

Thread Information