Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time

Time

Hello all. Welcome to the latest Chaos Kiwi RP. Special guest SSBBrawler!

Time

Story:
    look Throughout history, there have been several threats to the timestream. Insane villains, paradoxes, well-intentioned extremists, etc. But none of them have ever succeeded. That's because of a man. A man who's job it is to protect time from forces that could damage it. This man's name is Traveler. As old as the universe itself, he is the one destined to defend the timestream. But, because true threats are few and far between, he was not prepared for what was to come. For you see, there is another man. An evil man. He has unknown goals and unknown motivations. He built his own time machine, recruited others like himself, and together they threaten all of existence! Traveler tried to stop them, but he wasn't strong enough. Barely escaping with his life, he put together his own team to help him in his battle against the evil group. Now they must pursue the evil mastermind, named Sin, through time and stop his evil plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Setting:
    The setting of the RP is never definite, and it can take place anywhere from the stone age to the Spanish Inquisition to the Canadian Empire of 4585 (you know it'll happen). This is, of course, due to the Time Traveling nature of the RP. The good guys have a home base, Traveler's Time machine. It is basically a house that camouflages itself based on the location/time period. The villains, at the moment, do not.

The RP begins directly after Traveler's fight with Sin's evil group. He was defeated and escapes. The villains start the RP in the Time Vortex, a place which is basically a big purple nothingness with solid ground. The good guys start the RP in their own, respective time periods. They will experience a time distortion (basically, a big swirly thing in the sky that only they can see) and Traveler comes through it to recruit them. He will recruit people as they are online. He can do this because time travel.

After the good guys are recruited, the villains will start traveling through time and Traveler and his group will chase them and attempt to stop them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rules:
    1) The standard Arena rules
    2) Have fun.
    3) If you are not going to be able to continue with the RP for any reason, PM me and I'll figure out a way to get you out of the story while still making it work.
    4) ?????
    5) PROFIT!
    6) YOU HAVE TO BE ACTIVE IN THIS. IT IS NOT NEGOTIABLE. UNLESS THERE IS A GOOD REASON.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Characters:
    There will be up to 6 characters for the good side (Including Traveler) and 6 characters for the evil side (Including Sin). I will control NPCs.

Character Name: (Obvious)
    Username: (Obvious part 2)
    Alignment: (Good or Bad?)
    Special Skill: (What makes you so special? Are you an expert engineer, a kung-fu expert, etc.?)
    Time Period: (When do they come from? Medieval? Modern? Future? Etc.)
    Biography: (A brief history of your character. Include personality.)
    Appearance: (How does he/she look?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character List:

Good Guys
    Spoiler: Traveler 

Spoiler: Virginia Dare 

Spoiler: Leon 

Spoiler: Rinn Mien 

Spoiler: Douglas Captain 

Spoiler: Laura Lynn 

Bad Guys
    Spoiler: Sin 

Spoiler: Parallax 

Spoiler: Erin Knightwood 

Spoiler: Murray 

Spoiler: Grobbz 

Spoiler: Coakley Blooregard 

Now, we begin.
    Last edited by Kiwi; December 24th, 2011 at 10:07 AM.

Re: Time

((Remember, Traveler can meet several people at once because TIME TRAVEL!))

Traveler retreated into his, rather large, time machine. I can't believe they beat me. Damned time traveling psychopaths. He stumbled over to a strange looking tube, and walked in. He pressed a button on the inside and a transparent green liquid filled the tube, and he closed his eyes. The stuff rejuvenated his health, and after 20 minutes he left the tube. "I cannot beat them on my own. I must... put together.... A TEAM! YES! Brilliant idea, me. So, where to start. Only five. That works. Nice number, five. I love five! But who. I need the best. The best time has to offer! And I think I know where to start!" He walked over to the very scifi time machine console and start pulling levers, turning dials, and pulling a rip cord. "Here we go!"

A timey wimey, swirly thingy appeared in the sky over Sparta. Out of it fell Traveler, who landed on his back in front of some Spartan soldiers. Getting up and dusting himself off, he turned around. "Oh, there they are! The most fearsome warriors in the history off humanity! The Spartans!" He walked up to one of them, who's name was Leon. "Why, hello handsome! I'm looking for an ally! What do you say?"

A timey wimey portal appeared over New York. Out walked traveler, onto the top of a skyscraper. "Wow, am I up high. Well, relatively. In a cosmic sense I'm not that high up." He jumped down and landed in an alley. "Wow, New York in 2006. So dingy. Oh well." Walking out of the alley, Traveler bumped into a man named Rinn Mien. "Oops, sorry friend. Say, I'm putting a team together. What do you say. Are you in? Want more info? SURE! Saving all of time and space, all that. You in?"

Another swirly thing appeared in the sky over wherever the hell Laura Lynn is. He once again crash landed, and swiftly got up. "Hope nobody saw that. The Sparta landing was already embarrassing enough.... OH HI THERE!" He turned to see a woman, named Laura Lynn. "Well, hello beautiful! My name's Traveler! I'm putting together a group of people to save the whole of time and space! Whatya say? Join me?"

General Game guy KirbyKrusher777's Avatar

((Great. Be ready in a few minutes, gotta eat first.))
    Last edited by KirbyKrusher777; December 21st, 2011 at 04:09 PM.
    Hi.

Note; If I appear to leave out spaces in my sentences, its because the space bar on my PC is mean and forgets to work sometimes.

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Can the villains go ahead and post, or do we have to wait for the A-OK?
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

((You have to wait for SSBBrawler to post. AND PUT ALL Out Of Character STATEMENTS IN PARENTHESES, BRACKETS, ETC))

Sin was laughing in an almost maniacal manner as he dashed through the flaming building towards his time machine. The flames caused red and orange tints to dance across his face. At last, he walked through the metallic door of his machine and looked at his companions.

"He's finished, no one would have been able to survive an explosion like that," he said, a twisted grin across his face. The grin faded away quickly, and an emotionless face appeared in its place. "Alright, we're done here. For the time being, we shall return to the base."

Walking over to a large computer monitor with a large number of wires coiling in and out of the walls of the machine, Sin started to press various buttons. The machine started to shake and for a brief second, all the people inside of the machine felt as if they were weightless. However, that feeling soon left. The machine still shook as it traveled through time, but it wasn't enough to knock anyone out of their seats.

((It'll take a while to get back to the base.))

Laura froze, then, almost fractionally later, went into a more defensive stance, unnerved by this man, fists tensed in preparation for a possible fight. She also glanced around, checking for potential improvised weapons. Unfortunately, she had been walking in a field of assorted flowers, so unless she could fight effectively with a rose, she'd have to duke it out if it got dangerous.

For once she hadn't been in Domain, but had been taking a break after several hours of work. She was even wearing her "relaxing" clothes, a soft black sweater, blue jeans and worn sneakers.

But it seemed as though she was still in the game, having been attacked by a random man. He seemed perfectly normal, but he'd just dropped out of the sky, from a portal, and asked her to save history.

She wasn't sure what to say. He was asking her a question, but she had no idea what he was talking about (save time and space?), and thus obviously didnot know how to respond. So, she decided to ask a perfectly reasonable question (much more so than his question) back: "Who the hell are you, what are you doing, and why did you just fall out of the sky?" She questioned, somewhat forcefully.

((Note, I'll be typing OoC in double parenthesis, not single, so things in single parenthesis are just side notes.))
    Hi.

Note; If I appear to leave out spaces in my sentences, its because the space bar on my PC is mean and forgets to work sometimes.

[[Who is this, "everyone"? The rest of the bad guys?]]

It's a shotgun opera and the fat lady is singing tonight Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

"I find it a little hard to believe that people are dead unless I see the corpse," Erin said, holding on far more tightly then necessary onto the armrests of her seat. "And if he's like you, then it goes double," she added, eying Sin between mixed stares of awe and fear at the time machine that she was currently riding in. It scared and excited her at the same time: she had never seen this kind of technology, which she loved, but she couldn't even begin to figure out how it worked, which she hated. And Sin really didn't seem like the type who would answer questions about this stuff, either.

Parallax kneeled on the floor, checking to make sure he'd gotten all his stuff.
    "Let's see..." he muttered, going through his pack. "Disassembled mounted laser/rocket launcher with ten extra rockets, check, sniper rifle with two ten-shot reloads, check, eighteen grenades, check, machine gun, check, machine gun reload, check, pistol and four six-shot reloads, check, machete, check. That's everything." He ran his hands along the sharp metal implants in his mouth. He was literally armed to the teeth.
    Finished, he raised his eyebrow at Sin. "You're sure he's dead? It's not like you to assume things, and he's survived worse than that."

((Am I going a little overboard with the weapons there?))

((Will good guys be given any equipment after being recruited?

EDIT: Just a not about my activity, I will be on at about 2:30 EST, EXCEPT Most Mondays and Wednesdays, when I'll be at DND until 5.))
    Last edited by KirbyKrusher777; December 21st, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
    Hi.

((Probably a time gun. Like a normal gun, but it sounds cooler. I dunno, I'll figure it out.))
    ((EDIT: And yes spedd, yes you are. But I'll allow it because TIME TRAVEL!))

Traveler looked right at Laura. "I already answered two of those things, miss. My name is Traveler, and I'm putting a group together! Humans, never learn to listen do you? As for the third thing, it's because my time machine has terrible aim. I need to fix that. Mental note, fix spacetime alignment array. Anywho, you coming along you what? Don't have much time. Okay, that's a lie. We have all the time! All the time ever!" He grinned ear to ear. Not literally, of course. That's a figure of speech. "So, beautiful, I repeat. Are you gonna come with me? It'll be totally radical. Is that how humans talk in this era? I hope so, otherwise my suaveness will be offset by my grossly out of date lingo. I am suave, yes?"
    Last edited by Kiwi; December 21st, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Sin turned his chair so that he could face the others who expressed doubt. "Oh, he might still be alive, but that'd only be his past self. Sometimes time travelers can be rather obnoxious," Sin said with a simple shrug, then immediately turned back to face his computer.

With a yawn, he announced, "We'll be arriving in about five minutes. If you have anything out, I'd pack it up now." He opened a drawer of his desk and pulled out an old-looking book that was locked with a strange-looking lock. Sin ran his finger in an odd pattern on the lock, which unlocked with a clink. Taking out a pen, he began to write inside of the journal of his most-recent escapade.

It's a shotgun opera and the fat lady is singing tonight Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Erin decided to not get into the time stuff again. She had learned the hard way that the best way to go about thinking about it was to just go with it. As she looked over at her companions, she realized that she was actually fairly light-packed, especially compared to the Parallax guy. All she had was her wrench and a few tools in her pockets - yes, the wrench was separate from the tools. It was special. For one thing, it was strong enough to block a machine gun round, if you knew what you were doing - which Erin usually did.

She felt a slight twinge as she realized that she'd left her motorcycles back home, but hey. No biggie. If all went right, she'd be back to work and on a bike in no time flat. Perhaps literally.

As Parallax repacked his ridiculous amount of weapons he'd obtained throughout various time periods, he pondered what Sin was doing with that journal of his. A lesser man might have wanted to steal the journal to learn Sin's plans, but Parallax was sure it was a trap to root out anyone disloyal. And it'd be impossible to open it anyway. You'd need Sin's finger to do that, which might as well be the Holy Grail for how hard it'd be to get your hands on. He glanced furtively at Erin. She was bewildered by technology that had existed for centuries in his time, but he'd learned that just because someone was less informed didn't mean they weren't a threat. But he'd treat her nicely, as he did everyone else in the group. She could make a potential ally when it came to the final battle against Sin. And he'd need all the help he could get.
    Last edited by Snickerway; December 21st, 2011 at 04:33 PM.

Laura stared, unsure whether or not to flee in fear, or laugh hysterically.

She thought for a moment. He didn't seem that bad. In fact, she got a definitive benevolent vibe from him. Even if he was crazy, which she started to doubt (he was convincingly out-of-date), he wasn't dangerous, at least not to her.

She looked around at the flowers in the field. If he wasn't lying, and they could utilize temporal transportation (or time travel, as less scientific citizens called it) she could go anywhere. Anywhen. The Pyramids of Giza (destroyed a couple hundred years ago in a war), or the time of dinosaurs (killed millions of years ago), or, or, or anything! So many historical people and places she'd learned about, and she could go there!

"Fine. I'm in. But first, don't call me "Beautiful", since it sounds rediculously vain."
    "Second, that lingo is over 600 years old, so no, we do not talk like that. The average person will speak more formally, or with different "lingo", but not with such old-fashioned quotes."
    "Third, I'd like you to explain what you are, if not human. And don't deny it, you've been referring to me as a human, which obviously implies you are not one." She relaxed a bit, a bit off-guard for the moment.
    Hi.

"Well okay then, gorgeous. It must be 28th century then. Ah yes, love this century. Did they rebuild the Tower of Babel yet? Or am I confused with 29th century. Ah well. Back on topic, you are right! I'm not human. But you seem pretty alright with it. Humans aren't supposed to become aware of intelligent alien life until March 4th, 3034. You are very forward thinking! Anyway, I don't know what to call me. Timewalker is something the people of the Canadian Empire of 4585 called me. That's as close to a species as I get! So, you're in? Oh joy! Ok, into the timey wimey swirly thingy we go!" He turned around, and a swirling distortion in spacetime appeared in front of him. "Onwards!" He walked through it, and entered his time machine. He awaited his new ally.

Traveler fell from the sky in 1587, Virginia. He landed in a tree, and jumped out. He stood in front of a woman. Her name was Virginia. "Hello there lovely! Name's Traveler, nice to meetya! When the hell am I? Well, doesn't matter cause I found somebody to help! This is good! So anyway, short version. I'm a time traveler! Do you have that concept yet? Oh well, you'll figure it out. Anyway, I need your help to save time from a horrible fate! Whatya say, beautiful? You in?"
    Last edited by Kiwi; December 21st, 2011 at 04:57 PM.

Mr. Blooregard leaned against a wall as he adjusted his glasses. Despite the spacious intentions of the Time Machine, he always felt it got a little crowded when all the brutes piled into it. That raider, whats-his-name, (He was always terrible with names) had a nasty habit of carrying that giant backpack. Among him, he only carried a wallet and his pills, a various sort to aid his aching back, neck, head, legs, knees, feet, chest, stomache, and hands. Coakley was a little confused on why he was even brought along. "Precautions" he was told by Sin, but even in the event the Time Machine broke down, there wouldn't be much he could help with. Regardless, he agreed regretted it. He was dreadfully bored.
    Last edited by 765Bro; December 21st, 2011 at 05:14 PM.

Laura paused, suddenly having second thoughts. If she went through, she might never come back. But, if he's a time-traveler, she could probably come back to the same moment. She finally decided to step forward. Slowly, she walked into the portal-thing, expecting some kind of a swirly-spinning sensation.

Instead, she simply found herself inside of a laboratory-type room, with strange technology in various corners and a large, strange-looking panel nearby. She glanced around, looking to find the Traveler. Then, she tried to compose herself (her hair appeared to be a bit windblown), and said cooly, "I would like it if you referred to me as Laura, instead of these nicknames you seem fond of." She paused, and added, "What time period is this? And where are we?"

((By the way, I read the rules but am still a bit unsure about 1 thing; if you're comment is not a role-playing comment, does it still have to be 100 words? I'd doubt it, but I'd like to be sure.))
    Last edited by KirbyKrusher777; December 21st, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Hi.

"This is no time period!" Traveler said, messing with the control panel. "This place exists outside of time! Which is why we're able to time travel! And as for where, this is where I live! My time machine! Anyway, sure I can call you Laura! I guess you don't like compliments! Anyway, you're room is upstairs, third on the left. Green door. If that isn't good enough of a description, its the one that looks like it's from your time! So not the wooden door or the New Yorky one. Anyway, just go get settled, it has all the commodities of an average room of your time. If you need me, I'll be recruiting a Spartan! I love those guys! They're so fun!" He pulled the ripcord thing on the panel and walked up to a portal. Before leaving, he said, "If you get hungry there's a fridge over there. Also, don't touch the controls! You will most likely screw it up! Bye bye~" He then jumped through the sqirly portaly thing.

The gates to a new world lie within Pikanator's Avatar

Virginia Dare jumped back in shock when the Traveler landed in front of her from falling into that tree. She had been watching the sky overhead and making preparations for shelter because of the rain clouds, but maybe that was now the least of her concerns. This ... This ... Time-Traveler did he call himself? ... Needed her help in saving all of ... Time. Odd stuff. But, what better option did she have at the moment. She was become restless and needed an adventure for a change.
    Virginia closed her eyes for a moment. When she opened them again, her amber eyes blazed with light. "Let's do it."
    Spoiler: 999 

"Oh come on lovely, it'll be fun. Saving ti- Did you just agree? Well! This is easier than I thought it would be! Okay then, follow me through the time portal. Don't hit your head! Oh, what am I saying? It's a timey wimey portal, it's not physical! Oh, I crack myself up." A portal appeared behind Virginia and Traveler walked through it. He entered as soon as the past traveler who had picked up Laura was leaving to pick up Leon. Oh, time travel sure is confusing. "Make yourself at home, lovely. Bedrooms are upstairs, yours is the red door. Looks like an averaged door from your time period. Avoid the techno one. There's another one up there, I think. Her name's Laura. Go socialize and whatnot. Whatever it is humans your age do." He then started fiddling with the controls.

What? What's Wrong With The Night? Erygirl's Avatar

Rinn stepped back a bit, and thought about it. "Time? And space?" He thought. "I'm not sure if I should really trust him, but, if he is telling the truth, then maybe I can know who killed my parents when I was a young boy." Rinn suddenly had a flashback of himself and his parents, playing outside in the sunlight. The flashback faded away after that. Rinn then looked at the brown hair man and said, "Sure, but I could a favor from you, which is, I want to know who killed my parents when I was only five years old."

[Sorry if the post is a bit confusing. I couldn't think much of what to put in the post.]

Traveler thought it over. For like two seconds. "Sure thing friend! By the by, my name is Traveler! Anyway, we're leaving now. Take your iPad or your 3DS or whatever if you want. Wait, those don't exist yet do they? Oops! Well, spoilers. Anywhen, onwards, my fine feathered friend." Traveler walked back into the alley he just exited and entered another timey wimey swirly thing. "Okay, here we are! My time machine! Ain't it pretty? So, your bedroom is upstairs, 3rd on the right. Looks rather New Yorky. You'll recognize it when you see it. There are two lovely ladies up there already, so go acquaint yourselves." He started messing with the controls again.

when we decline from the confines of our mind

((Sorry, Kiwi~! It's like everything wanted to get in my way bluh bluh))

A young man, a fresh face in the Spartan ranks, was preparing for war. He had pledged his soul to Ares, praying for a blessing before going into battle. He was all suited up in his thick gold armor, and his senses were on high alert. So, when a strange man wearing strange clothing suddenly appeared right in front of his eyes, Leon did the only sensible thing. He freaked out. Within moments, the point of the soldier’s sword was at Traveler’s neck. Zeus was probably not happy with how Leon was treating this stranger, but at the moment, Leon could care less. A growl escaped the Spartan’s throat. “I am Leon, son of Antheus, soldier of the Spartan army. Why do you trespass, stranger? What business do you have here?” He pushed the sword against Traveler’s skin with slightly more force, but not enough to pierce. “By the gods, were you but Athenian, and you would weep were you stand!”
    Spoiler: How Unorganized 

Thread Information