Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glitz Pit Extended

Re: The Glitz Pit Extended

((I would give him coins just for that line, Inx
    that was just too good))

Abel really couldn't do much to dodge the pebbles, due to the fact that all the holograms had been programmed as stationary, but fortunately for him Kiwi wasn't playing close attention, and just went for an area of effect attack by exploding the spikes. Unfortunately, Abel wasn't that far away from said exploding spikes.

Blast it, I hate luck. No way to maintain cover now, I'd better move fast!

Abel dropped to the ground to minimize the target he presented and making most of the shrapnel miss. It wasn't completely successful, as he still took a shard in his side, but it was a lot better than the alternative.

Agh! Engaging self repair programs...

Turning invisible again, Abel decided to taunt his opponent a bit more.

"Yes, fight the guy who can take more wounds than Zero without dying head on. It's that kind of brilliant strategy that makes the Maverick hunters such a train wreck."

Seeing the shielding orbs Kiwi had made and was proceeding to spin around him VERY rapidly, Abel gave a smile, his plan was working.

At this point Kiwi has to be running on adrenaline. Another minute or so of this and he should be completely exhausted, which will be the perfect time to strike. He'd win any head on battle, but I've got a huge advantage in a war of attrition, and the means to ensure that's what happens.

As the invisibility wore off, Abel had moved inside one of the other holograms he'd set up, that Kiwi had already identified as fake. A second later, two more holograms of Abel appeared on the opposite side of Kiwi, moving from side to side while firing. Abel himself would simply wait until Kiwi was fully distracted before firing a homing missile at the back of his head, where the earth orbs weren't shielding him.

At the very least he should tire himself further shooting at those holograms, and if all goes well I might get some major damage as a bonus.
    You know, I looked at my empty signature and figured I'd try to come up with something clever.

I failed.

"More fakes? Really?" Kiwi shot the orbs that were surrounding him in every direction, at about Abel's chest height. "I AM NO IDIOT, ROBOT FRIEND!" He stuck half of his staff into the ground, and pulled it back out a with a stone blade attached to it. "I do not know who these mavericks or this Zero is, but from they are no match for me!" Kiwi then did what he does sometimes, and sunk into the ground, in order to be stealthy.

Fortunately, it so happened that none of the orbs Kiwi had shot went through the hologram he was actually standing in, so there was no maneuvering required to actually dodge.

That was a bit disappointing, he didn't take the bait. Ah well, just to make him think he should have taken it...

While most of the holograms continued firing and standing still, one of the newer ones broke to the side to avoid an orb, before vanishing again.

That should put him on the wrong track. Unfortunately, I don't really have a good way to track him underground, but he has to come out eventually, and hopefully it'll be over on the other side of the arena.
    You know, I looked at my empty signature and figured I'd try to come up with something clever.

I failed.

((You know that because he was undrground, he did not see that, right?))

I will not strike. I will wait. My normal tactics of breaking will not work in this fight, so I must wait! Kiwi then decided to make Abel reveal himself to him, by remaining underground and sending many rocks in many random directions, hoping one would go after his opponent, Abel, and caus him to move. He would then feel the movement from underground and strike Abel. He will not win this day!

((I really wasn't sure what Kiwi could tell from underground. Are there any traces of his location Abel could pick up? Does it cost him energy to remain underground?))

Blast it, he's not believing the fakes and one of these rocks he's just tossing around will force me to move eventually. Well, if I can't avoid the head on fight, at least he should be pretty winded by now, and I am packing a little extra firepower. The wound he gave me is pretty much healed by now as well.

Abel proceded to exit the hologram he was hiding in (not bothering to dismiss it), and basically jog around the arena, dodging the occasional rock and ready to move (and vanish if needed) whenever Kiwi shows himself.

Come on, where are you?

I failed.

(I'm going to leap in and say it costs him air to stay underground. So Kiwi can only stay underground for a certain amount of time.
    I'm not sure how I feel about the tremor sense at the moment. I'll get back to that eventually. for now proceed as is.)

((Hence the air contol, dear Inx. I thought he would filter air in by combining his two Control powers.))

Luckily, Kiwi happened to be rather near to Abel when he started to jog around. And, since he was only a few inches below ground, he felt him walking over him. "Got you," he whispered. He shot out of the ground quickly and used the rock katana he made earlier to slash at where Abel was. He slashed as hard as he could, and then he disassembled the stone katana. "I stand corrected," he said. "This is not combat. THIS IS PEST CONTROL!" He swirled dust around him and sent it out in a ring around him. He was not creating a dust storm, but attempting to cover Abel in the stuff to make it so his invisibilty would not matter. If he was covered in dust he would be easier to see and therefore easier to fight.

Blast it, why'd he have to be directly under me? No room to dodge away, so it's time to switch tactics!

Rather than trying to dodge and turn invisible as his opponent would expect, Abel tackled Kiwi with his shoulder, going inside the rock katana's arc and leaving it in a very awkward position for any immediate attack. Converting the fall into a roll, Abel came up a few feet from Kiwi, and turned to fire a missile at his hopefully still prone opponent.

No way he's dodging that, you'd need superhuman reaction times to dodge it normally, and even if he tries to sink into the ground I should at least get some good splash damage.

"You made a tactical error, Kiwi. Although the idea was sound, it was also predictable, and easily thwarted by doing something you didn't expect. Now face the consequences of your failure!"

I failed.

Kiwi was hit by the missile in the back. "Oh... that hurt me, a lot." Kiwi was severely hurt by the explosion. "I will not quit though, friend. No matter... how much excruciating pain I am in." He then put in action his Plan Q. He'd already tried A, B, and C. And Plans D through P sucked horribly. He took out his lightning bolt item, and activated it. He figure he would use the lightning to track down Abel, and perhaps short circuit him. "Now for... part two." He light the fuse on the bomb he had bought before the match and threw it in Abel's direction as hard as he could, timing it so it should explode at the time it reached his opponent. "Now... I will fight..."
    Last edited by Kiwi; December 21st, 2011 at 03:14 PM.

( I [very sadly] have to call shenanigans. Taking a direct hit from a bomb (remember, missiles are bombs) is pretty damn deadly. Now if you had resistance, I'd say "meh, it should have done a little more damage" but you don't. You are not explosion proof. A hit like that should leave you in a "severely crippled" state at the very least)

Quote Originally Posted by Inxplotch View Post
    ( I [very sadly] have to call shenanigans. Taking a direct hit from a bomb (remember, missiles are bombs) is pretty damn deadly. Now if you had resistance, I'd say "meh, it should have done a little more damage" but you don't. You are not explosion proof. A hit like that should leave you in a "severely crippled" state at the very least)
    ((Okay, I'll edit my post.))

Edit: Alright, ignore this one, I'll get an updated response up in a bit.
    Last edited by Nicholas1024; December 21st, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

I failed.

((Edited my post))

Seeing Kiwi in pain there on the ground, obviously wounded, Abel gave a small shrug... and fired another missile.

"Enjoy the explosion. Sometimes it doesn't matter whether you refuse to quit, it's just game over."

Should Kiwi get the lightning off, Abel dodges as best he can, but fires anyway. ((I figured Kiwi's very unlikely to have time to get the bomb off. Or dodge the missile for that matter.))
    Last edited by Nicholas1024; December 21st, 2011 at 03:33 PM.

I failed.

((BUT YOU FORGET))

Kiwi pulled out his mirror shield and reflected the missile. "I am no idiot, friend." He used some of his remaining energy to make spikes come up directly under Abel, hoping to trap him.

As Kiwi reflected the missile, Abel simply rolled a few feet to the side, too quickly for the spikes the exhausted Kiwi had summoned to do anything.

That's kind of annoying... all right, one more missile to end this.

Fitting the action to the thought, Abel fired one last missile at his opponent to hopefully finish things.
    Last edited by Nicholas1024; December 21st, 2011 at 05:11 PM.

I failed.

(BUT YOU FORGET, mirror shield can reflect ANY projectile [this includes physical projectiles like knives and shuriken). You make no mention of them exploding on proximity[so I presume they explode on contact], so it acts as though it just bounced off. you should dodge. and then put an end to this fight. seriously. the man took a missile to the knee back.

To clarify: mirror shield bounces things without triggering them. [so if you throw a fireball that would normally explode on contact, it would bounce off and keep going as if it had hit nothing at all]

I AM A LYING LIAR WHO LIES FAR TOO MUCH ABOUT THE PROPERTIES OF ITEMS. (aka, YA, Kiwi is gonna asplode.)

... and yeah, that's about it.)
    Last edited by Inx; December 21st, 2011 at 05:22 PM.

(Ah, okay, I thought the description meant it couldn't reflect explosive projectiles. Alright, I'll fix that real quick.)

I failed.

((@inx: buuut the Mirror Shield description says it deflects explosives (not just explosions in full combustive glory). Which would imply that bombs/missiles can't be deflected, regardless of when they'll detonate because they are undoubtedly explosives.))

Doing the Hibiki thing everywhere 765Bro's Avatar

[[Kiwi can tank anything. He tanked three lightning bolts and an onslaught of Psibeams.
    TROLLING.
    I am excited to see who wins!!! :O]]

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos Wilder View Post
    ((@inx: buuut the Mirror Shield description says it deflects explosives (not just explosions in full combustive glory). Which would imply that bombs/missiles can't be deflected, regardless of when they'll detonate because they are undoubtedly explosives.))

(... WAT....
    Oh, totally missed that part, LOL. Ok, yeah, no, Kiwi is screwed.)

Kiwi, now exhausted beyond reason, fell to his knees. "Hehe... you win... friend..." Kiwi then collapsed, and could not fight anymore. "I concede, Champion." And with that, he surrendered.

((But for serious. Give me extra coins >:U))

(Yeah, you get like, 15 extra coins for sheer awesomeness.)

Suda shows up and says "Coo~ Gaiz. Abel Totally defended his position as Glitz Pit champ, and thus gets 100 coins. and Kiwi gets 40 because he busted out the best line to grace my ears in a fight, ever. I'll do payouts, soon"

(So yeah, this'll totally be a regular thing now. If a fighter does something cool [preferably a cool tactic or attack. but just being awesome at RPing works too] I will throw a few coins his or her way. maybe even in spars, as well. )

(What did I say about issuing challenges? Only in the main thread :<)

Thread Information