Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glitz Pit Extended

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

Re: The Glitz Pit Extended

Seeing the projectile coming his way, Darren stepped back in order to avoid the bomb, escaping the full force of the explosion... however the debris resulting from the explosion reached him and cut him too.

and yet, Diego did not attack him directly...

"Time to end this" thought Darren to himself as he took his spear and rushed towards the leftover smoke from the explosion, hiding in it in order to surprise-attack Diego.

Setting fire to the tip of his spear, Darren dashed in and closed on to Diego from the left, ready to stab...

Of course, Diego was paying attention to the dust cloud, and prepared to deal with anyone - or thing - bursting out of it. As he quickly approached, he let out a couple sick rhymes.

"You don't even matter.
    Just another rung on a ladder,
    for me to beat and batter.
    You think you're better,
    just makes it sadder."

He ducks as Darren's just about to reach him, using a splash from the water bottle to douse the tip of his spear -

"Don't care, though. Enjoy the shatter."

and swings his hammer at the half-dragon's legs.

((Shatter was activated, of course.))

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

Realizing the ruse, Darren tried to jump back but it was too late, his legs were struck full force by the blow of Shatter.

"Damn you...! B-but I'm not done...!"

Thinking quick, Darren flapped his wings furiously in order to propulse him forward towards Diego.

Now that they were so close... Darren activated Shatter on his spear as he fell towards Diego...

Doing the Hibiki thing everywhere 765Bro's Avatar

[[You better win this Mr. Dragony guy! I don't like to lose bets! ]]

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

(Go Diego Go, You can win this I know!
    He can fly but he ain't as fly as you, though,
    your smash to his knees made him slow,
    but if you beat him i'll be rolling in mad loot, yo!

Insert more cheering here)
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Eyes narrowing as Darren fell towards him (though thanks to his sunglasses you couldn't tell), Diego leaped backwards; from his crouching position, this propelled him forwards a good deal. However, the half-dragon was falling pretty fast, and his right leg's ankle was struck by the spear's tip, breaking bone. Pain shot through his entire body, but he pressed on - the entire battle was building up to this, after all. He rolled a good deal way from the crippled half-dragon, then stood up, using his hammer as a crutch. An ever smug smile passed his lips, and he... well, began to rap.

"We've fought, we've fought, we've fought...
    but now you've let yourself get caught.
    I'm not letting you take my spot.
    And now that my wrath you've wrought,
    there won't be a corpse left to rot."

He raises his free hand into the air dramatically...

"Because it's time to Drop It Like It's Hot."

and a gigantic fireball appears above Darren. No, seriously. Like, twice the size of an elephant. It's that big. An almost sadistic smile goes across his face, eerily illuminated by the red flames of the fire. He snaps his fingers, and it begins to fall rather quickly. While dodging it might be easy normally, if the opponent had both his legs shattered it would be nigh impossible. This was, of course, why he hadn't been using his fire abilities for almost the entire fight; he had been charging this.
    Last edited by War P. Anda; December 20th, 2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: added a missing quotation mark

(Quick note time! charging attacks is an active process [i.e. you have to say something along the lines of "he was collecting energy" and it's not like you have separate energy bars for different powers. it all saps on the same stamina] and you should mention that an attack this large would expend a majority of Diego's energy and leave him exhausted afterwards. That is all. )

[[Yeah, these fights don't seem to remember that stamina and energy are things that exist...]]

(Indeed. You people are bad at getting tired. I should really start penalizing people for that. But not now, as I've been way too busy with personal things. Once my winter break begins I'll get on top of this stuff. Though to be fair, fatigue doesn't usualy come into play until the later half of a fight. or if people start going all out in nonsense.)

Quote Originally Posted by Inxplotch View Post
    (Quick note time! charging attacks is an active process [i.e. you have to say something along the lines of "he was collecting energy" and it's not like you have separate energy bars for different powers. it all saps on the same stamina] and you should mention that an attack this large would expend a majority of Diego's energy and leave him exhausted afterwards. That is all. )
    ((In pretty much all my posts after my second one I said that he was concentrating on something. Hum, I think that works???

Also, I was planning on mentioning lots o' fatigue in the next post; he's running mostly on adrenalin just standing right now, and doesn't even realize he's tired.))

(I think my lack of fatigue has been justified, as Abel hasn't yet taken serious damage in a fight, and firing his arm cannon/planting holograms aren't exactly huge energy drainers. By the way, how would trying to tweak and upgrade current abilities over time work? For example, what if Abel wanted to use some miniaturized speakers as a distraction to complement his holograms?)
    You know, I looked at my empty signature and figured I'd try to come up with something clever.

I failed.

(Umm, I don't care? You've essentially nerfed the illusion ability to begin with, and as long as it stays within the parameters of the ability, go wild. I'll just chalk it up as creative applications of an ability. Now, this means you can't "upgrade" you blaster to be stronger [though I guess you could call any additional abilities you pick up "upgrades].

And as for the charging thing, You usually have to say that you are explicitly charging a power, but you can add that the opponent is unlikely to notice [under certain circumstances]. But in this case it doesn't really matter. You're just expending a lot of energy all at once for a finisher.
    The reason your post has to reveal this information is so that we as players know what's going on, even if the characters do not. )

Suda walked in and stopped Diego from obliterating his opponent. "Well, we know where this is going, so We can end it here. Besides, your time is up. Congrats diego, you win money. So do the people that bet on you....

But wait, what's this, I have things to point out.
    (1) When both opponents share an elemental type, it should be noted that it is more difficult to control an element that was originally manipulated by your opponent. This is so you can't go negating everything all willy nilly. in the case of this fight, when diego caught the fireball, it was fine, as it was just a simple attack. But complicated, or large attacks are exponentially more difficult to overcome through such methods.
    2) Not cool breaking my floor :<
    3) when taking a hit, you should mention where you get hit. It's important as it gives a more concrete idea of the wear and tear you've been taking.

Otherwise, good fight. nothing too amazing.)

ONTO THE CHAMP BATTLE!

The Glitz Pit
    Description: A default type of arena, the Glitz Pit is mostly neutral towards all elements. It is the place Mario must fight in for the third crystal star in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. In the game, there is always an audience, but for this thread, the only audience will be other fighters who want to watch.
    Stats
    Elemental: Electric: 75%; Ice - 0%; Light - 75%; Water - 0%
    Gravity: 4
    Obstacle Rating: 0
    Weather: Inside; None.

ABEL VS KIWIIIIIIIIIII. BEGIN!.
    (And I'll let this fight run a couple of days past christmas, so yeah.)

(Also, I'll update stuff LATER. Supa busy taim naow.)

[[GOOD GOING DRAGON BOY GOG I HATE YOU FOREVER UGH.]] [[Good fight.]]
    [[ALL THE MONEY ON ABEL. 50.]]

Abel walked onto the stage, a confident smile on his face.

Quick review: Kiwi's an avid user of earth manipulation, though he's also capable of using air manipulation and making a temporary shield. He's very singleminded, and can take a lot of punishment. I'd better keep these bombs in reserve in case I get caught, they'll likely make a good last line of defense. I checked with the cashier though, he bought a mirror shield. That could be trouble if I go all-in before he's used it, so I'll want to bait it if possible. Anyway, quick hologram check:

Normal - check
    Slightly buried - check
    Muddy - check

That should be enough for starters. All right, time to start this.

"Come on Kiwi, are you ready to be broken? I know you want to break me, but first you have to catch me."

To start off the battle, Abel fired off some shots at Kiwi whilst backing away, careful to keep out of his range.

I'll let him make the first major move, it's often easier to trick the opponent if they're already somewhat distracted.
    You know, I looked at my empty signature and figured I'd try to come up with something clever.

I failed.

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

(50 coins on Abel)
    Home with the milk in the morning / Singing the same old song
    ---
    ---
    ---
    It really does not matter what you are called, or where your work is placed, as long as it brings some kind of joy to some person some place.
    - Charles M. Schultz -

(Auraknight, that hurts my confidence)

Kiwi entered the stage and looked straight at Abel. He uses holographic projections to distract his opponents while he strikes, using his invisibility. LUCKILY I HAVE THOUGHT OF STRATEGY TO COUNTERACT HIS TRICKERY. He bowed to Abel, out of respect to the champion. Then came the shots from Abel. Kiwi saw that coming, and swiftly dodged to the left.

"Good starting move, Champion! But I wish to set the record straight. I am not going to break you. I have no reason to. I have too much respect for you as Champion! I WILL, INSTEAD, HOPE TO WIN!" Kiwi fired some medium sized rocks from the floor at Abel. He did not want to make the first big move. He knew of Abel's trickery, and figured that if he made the first strike he would get distracted enough for him to set up a hologram or something.

"BUT DO NOT TAKE THAT AS A SIGN THAT I DO NOT EXPECT TO DEFEAT YOU! IN FACT, YOU ARE SUPERIOR IN ONLY ONE RESPECT! DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAT IS, CHAMPION?!" He pulled out his staff and set up a Captain America style shield.

Somewhat amused, Abel dodged the rock projectiles and then continued firing off blasts from his arm cannon. Activating the homing capabilities on the blasts, he started to reply

"Let me guess, it's my current ranking of champion? My invisibility? My holograms and their adaptability to almost any circumstance? Or is it simply my pure skill as a fighter?"

Until he makes an actual serious move, I don't particularly need to activate holograms or invisibility. It'd be a good idea to tire him out a bit before going to my usual tactics.

I failed.

"ACTUALLY THE SUPERIORITY IS SIMPLE," Kiwi shouted, blocking the shots with his shield. "YOU ARE BETTER AT DYING!" Kiwi made a spike shoot out from the ground in front of Abel, and attempted to impale him. He then created two more stone spikes on either side of Abel, as secondary attacks. He then put his staff away and covered his fists in stone. Following this, he destroyed the shield he was holding and created a smaller Captain America style shields on both of his hands. He prepared for combat.

(There is no need to continue, Kiwi wins for the best line ever.
    No I'm kidding. Proceed.)

(But the line. It is the best line ever. I should at least get extra coins for it or something.)

I've got to hand it to him, that was a pretty good comeback. Now to get down to business.

Seeing the attack coming, Abel turned invisible, before jumping high and away, effectively avoiding all three spikes. Now a good distance from Kiwi and near the edge stage, he put down his hologram projector.

Let's see... what to do first. How about some mind games? Fortunately this is a quick program... done!

A prone, damaged version of Abel appeared with one of the stone spikes piercing through it, before Abel's mocking voice broke the silence.

"Indeed! In fact, you can kill me as many times as you want and I'll still find a way to win. Much like that commander fellow a couple days ago, my holograms are still complaining about the vicious wounds they received."

A second later, the joke hologram disappeared, and four copies of Abel appeared to surround Kiwi (Each a decent distance away, making a rough square around Kiwi), with the real one standing off to the side of the spikes, all firing away with their arm cannons towards Kiwi.

[[Just FYI, since no tracer has been used as of yet, this means that the spot they're firing at is fixed, if Kiwi moves then Abel has to reprogram them.]]

I failed.

Kiwi blocked the shots, and looked around. Four? I know how he fights. Odds are none of these are real. He shot small pebbles through each one. "HOLOGRAMS? WHY NOT FIGHT LIKE A MAN!" He then made the spikes break into many, sharp pieces and fire in every direction, hoping to hit Abel. "I CANNOT SEE YOU, BUT I CAN STILL SHOOT YOU!" He then made a ring of earth float around him, and he compacted it into ten very, very dense orbs of solid stone. He made them rapidly increase in speed with the help of his air control. "THIS IS NOT A GAME! THIS IS COMBAT!"

[How rude
    Haha, 50 coins on Abel. Always bet on the other Duke.]

My body's falling. I think I've hit the floor. I cannot feel, anything, anymore. Homesick's Avatar

Hm...50 coins on Kiwi, come on man..

Walk away from anything or anyone who takes away from your joy. Life is too short to put up with fools.

Thread Information