Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glitz Pit Extended

The Glitz Pit Extended

Please Go Here for all your Glitz Pit needs

This thread is specifically to allow more than one fight at a time.
    If you want to:
    RP outside of fighting
    Set up matches
    Join the RP
    or anything that doesn't directly relate to the fight
    Please do it in the other thread.

However, it's alway acceptable if you have some question about the current fight to ask it.

ANYWHO, onto the first fight!

Aroetem Vs The commander
    Neo Star

Description: The quality of the picture may not be so good, but hopefully it's obvious this planet can get pretty hot! Neo Star is covered with volcanos for the arena we'll be using. Beware of fire users, because their attacks will burn the most here. Lava is also able to be controlled by anyone who can control fire and water. Blizzards will have no effect on this boiling hot terrain.
    Stats
    Elemental: Fire - 100%; Ice - 0%; Water - 0%
    Gravity: 6
    Obstacle Rating: 3 (Pillars of rock are scattered around, but they are easily broken by earth controllers)
    Weather: Outside; clear
    Life: No

(I should mention, I think i may make pierce a melee only attack [shatter already is] but we'll see)

"BEGIN!"
    Last edited by Inx; December 13th, 2011 at 12:46 PM.

Re: The Glitz Pit Extended

The Commander felt pumped.
    He didn't even need to buy any items this was going to be so easy. He bounded into the portal, and landed on one of the rocky islands, fairly close to the bubbling volcano. He looked at his Blaster, which was glowing with energy. The Pyreflies buzzed around like they were about to explode. He got onto his knee, steadying himself and waiting for Aroetem to drop down. The second the Commander could see him, he would unleash a frenzy of fire. The 100% boost would make the shots fly faster (Though they were naturally quite speedy) and hit harder. He would also be able to shoot more than usual, before exhausting the usually limited power source. According to Aroetem's sheet, he would have Ice Control and Throwing Knives. On a colder map, maybe a threat. Here? He snorted at the thought. A bit of side-strafing and the slow Throwing Knives wouldn't even come close to hitting him. As long as he kept his distance, his much faster Blaster would easily outspeed the clumsy Throwing Knives.

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

(I bet 50 on the commander

hell, what's happened to my previous bets?)
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Doing the Hibiki thing everywhere 765Bro's Avatar

[50 coins on the Commander.]

(30 coins on the commander!)

The only thing worse than a sorrowful end is knowing that it is certain to come. Forum Veteran Meteora's Avatar
    I've decided against making a witty comment in favor of actually giving my location: I live in PA.

Aroetem dropped down into the arena and quickly lost the small bit of confidence he had in his hope that the arena would be Luigi's Mansion. Before he could even take in the fact that he was most certainly screwed, he realized that a rush of fireballs was about to consume him. Fortunately, though, Aroe had this strange...focus on the match, which quickly snapped him out of the distracting fact that he was done for. Being that he was caught off guard anyway, however, he could not avoid most of the fireballs and ended up taking a near-direct hit, which knocked him back onto another patch of earth, narrowly avoiding the sea of molten lava that surrounded him.

Slowly picking himself back up, he stared into the Commander's eyes for but a brief moment before reaching down for his...throwing knives? Yes, upon this stunning realization, Aroe figured he'd at least be able to put up a fight now. With his heightened focus, Aroe whipped 3 knives at the Commander - all at slightly different speeds - while eying his movements, trying his best to make a hit on him.

We long to remember that which we wish we could forget.

(50 on the commander as well, the battlefield makes this fight nigh impossible for Aroetem. By the way, I don't think my 25 coin bet on drake over spinda ever got counted.)
    You know, I looked at my empty signature and figured I'd try to come up with something clever.

I failed.

The Commander, quick to react, sprinted to the left. He had avoided the first two knives with ease, but the third one came dangerously close to his neck, as he felt the air whip around it. He would've cleared the onslaught with breeze, but a large patch of superhot magma crossed his path, and he was forced to lean out of the way in the nick of time. Careful not to lose his balance, he did a short hop back to a safer part of his island. Not wanting to waste any time, he rushed at Aero, shooting a few carefully placed blasts of flame.

The only thing worse than a sorrowful end is knowing that it is certain to come. Forum Veteran Meteora's Avatar
    I've decided against making a witty comment in favor of actually giving my location: I live in PA.

Disheartened by the knives missing but fully expecting them to anyway, Aroe began to ponder his next move. Looking up, though, he could see the Commander closing in on him, and upon seeing the blasts of flame that were shot ahead of him, Aroe did his best to dodge them as best as possible.

The shots were placed in such a way that they couldn't be fully dodged given his position, though, so one ended up making an impact, knocking him back a bit.

Quickly, Aroe pulled out two more throwing knives and whipped them at the Commander - who was almost upon him - and readied two more knives in his hands, planning on quickly slashing at his opponent just as he reached him.

My body's falling. I think I've hit the floor. I cannot feel, anything, anymore. Homesick's Avatar

Is it too late to vote?

5 coins on Aroe :P

Walk away from anything or anyone who takes away from your joy. Life is too short to put up with fools.

At the close range, the Commander only nearly sidestepped one, walking into another that sliced past him. His heavy Resistance armor took some of the edge off, but the sharp edge still cut deep and hurt. Carrying on, the Commander holstered his blaster and did a kick for Aerotem's leg, right at the joint so as to crumple him close to the lava. He noticed Areotem pull out the knives, and prepared himself to counter them when Areo got back up, focusing for a Quick Strike

Aroe was surprised that he actually got a hit on the Commander, but that novelty soon wore off as he was met with a hard kick to the back of the knee, causing him to lose his balance and fall dangerously close to the lava.

Figuring the Commander was fully expecting him to attempt a melee attack with his knives, Aroe began to pick himself back up, only just before he was fully upright, he whipped one of the knives he had in hand at the Commander's leg, hoping he would be caught off guard so that he could return the favor to him.

The Commander fell onto one leg in pain. The knife had wrenched through the side of his leg and his armor had only marginally protected him. Now kneeling, the Commander snorted and whipped up his blaster. Figuring that in Aroe's awkward half-standing half-throwing state he'd be an easy target, the pigmask unleashed his entire load of ammo, A flurry of a blaze. It was a little risky, but the Commander holstered his blaster to let it recharge and turned on his Shield Device for a little insurance incase he would miss.

Aroe wasn't prepared to defend against such a quick retaliatory move, so there was nigh he could do but take a direct hit from the blaster.

Falling back, he hit the ground hard, dropping the knife he had in hand in the process. He couldn't pick himself back up, but even if he could, there was nothing more he could really do to defend against the Commander's next move.

The Commander had one, unsurprisingly enough, but Aroe was just glad that he could fend him off for as long as he did.

[[If that was meant to be a surrender, disregard this post.]]
    The Commander picked himself up, leaning heavily on his uninjured leg and dragged himself over to Aroetem, satisfied that he had disarmed his foe. Leaning down, he scooped Aroetem up, and hefted him above his head, masked face peering blankly into the lava. He heaved back, and tossed Aroetem in. The fight hadn't been a particular challenge, but with the map playing him a huge advantage, he didn't really expect it to be. If he ever fought Aroetem again however, he'd be careful not to underestimate his speed and accuracy with his knives. For now, he was just glad to be moving up the rankings, nearing the Major League.

(Coolio, another battle complete, Though I don't know if I should count this as a surrender or kill >.>

Either way, next fight!)

Suda walked out and stopped the fight before Commander threw Aroe into the lava. "I don't feel like fixing something that complicated, so you can stop now." and healed them both fully.

"Then next fight, I believe is between Darren and Diego at the Glitz Pit. You kiddies can begin"

The Glitz Pit
    Description: A default type of arena, the Glitz Pit is mostly neutral towards all elements. It is the place Mario must fight in for the third crystal star in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. In the game, there is always an audience, but for this thread, the only audience will be other fighters who want to watch.
    Stats
    Elemental: Electric: 75%; Ice - 0%; Light - 75%; Water - 0%
    Gravity: 4
    Obstacle Rating: 0
    Weather: Inside; None.
    Life: No

Diego tapped his foot on the ground a number of times, meanwhile carefully making a small puddle on the ground with his water bottle. Once he'd poured about a third of it on the ground, he created a fire underneath it, causing it to sizzle. After a moment or so of that, he lifted his hammer over his head...

BOOM

then shattered a portion of the ground.

"You've challenged me to this battle of wits,
    in the most balanced arena, the pit of glitz.
    At least the crowd'll see that when I put on the mits,
    you shouldn't be surprised when I tear you to bits."

Diego gives a slight pause, remembering what he'd read in the file.

"Whether you're human or a Manakete,
    there's no way you'll better my beat.
    I got no clue why they let you compete,
    you're like a fly trying to fight the elite.
    Are you taking notes here? Get a seat,
    this is a test which you can't cheat.
    So will your fight my standards meet,
    or are you gonna sit down and accept defeat?"

He's mostly pleased with this one, actually. He'd keep going, but the half-dragon deserved a chance.

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

(OH MY GOD

JUST TAKE MY MONEY

by that I mean 25 on Diego)
    Spoiler: Quotes 

(I bet 20 on Diego!)

Doing the Hibiki thing everywhere 765Bro's Avatar

[25 on Darren
    go get 'em dragon guy!
    No seriously don't lose. ]

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

"...Oh yeah..! W-well, your rhymes stink, and you are a disgrace to... lyricists all around the world... yeah..." said Darren, who was completely taken aback by the eccentricity of his opponent.

"Lesseee... what did I get into now... with who am I messing around this time...." said Darren as he produced the fact sheet of his opponent.

Would you look at that... they were almost similar in abilities, the only differences being Lullaby/Heal and their weapon of choice.

"Interesting"...

Deciding to not waste any more time, Darren readied his spear and spat back at Diego: "Hope you don't mind I warm things up first?"

Forming a fireball in his free hand, Darren threw it, full force, in Diego's direction.

(Just a note, the fight times out tomorrow evening. if there aren't enough posts by then it ends in a draw)

Diego was, shockingly enough, not too phased by the flaming projectile going in his general direction (well, really more directly at him but you get the point).

However, his opponent's... 'rap', if you could call it that, was considerably befuddling to him. Had he accidentally signed up for the kiddie tournament? Were all the other universes terrible at rap? Was it just to lower his guard - ohrighthefireball. Reaching out a hand just in time, the ball of flame stopper directly in front of it. With a quick flick of the wrist, it flew to his left and into the ground. His response was immediate.

"If that's really the best you have to offer,
    I may as well put you out of your misery.
    Your rhymes don't exist, your timing's awful.
    Your rap's so bad it makes pop stars dizzy.
    Overall, my verdict's that your existing's unlawful.
    Shut up and I'll make your career's death ungrizzly."

Diego pauses, appearing to be concentrating on something. Nobody but him really knows what.

"Attacking me will be the last mistake,
    you'll ever have the ability to make.
    My flames could make fires bake,
    your puny sparks couldn't 'rare' a steak.
    So, whether you're human or drake,
    in the end it'll be your ashes they rake.
    Your being a Major makes all logic break,
    gives me a real splitting hell of a headache.
    But either way, this win I'll take,
    'cause my raps could make the multiverse shake."

He pauses for a good while now, concentrating even harder. He's obviously putting most of his energy into... whatever he's doing. Probably a good time for his opponent to intervene, but he doubts they have the skill to do much.

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

"This is not a rap contest, you court jester!" Darren shouted, while he saw Diego just stand there, making silly rhymes instead of attacking.

He seems to be asking for an attack, but... is he really defenseless...? Smells like a trap, yes...should I move and strike, or will do I leave him be and prepare to dodge his attack...?

"Guess the next attack will be a gambit..." Darren said as he raised his fist and, with the power of Shatter, punched the ground in order to loosen some tiles.

"This will do... " thought Darren as he picked up some of the tiles. Next he enveloped them on fire an he threw them at Diego, advancing towards him while throwing them.

He had just realized what Darren had said - "This is not a rap contest, you court jester!" when he was forced to dodge more projectiles, these ones not as redirect-able as the previous fireball, seeing as they were simply enveloped in fire. His hammer instinctively whacked the first one out of the way, and he went with the momentum of the swing to sidestep two more. He ducked a fourth, but the fifth managed to slice his side, though it wasn't too much damage. Holding back a string of obscenities, he quickly dashed to the side, where he let lose a quick rap -

"I get the general notion,
    you'll keep this hostile motion."

He reaches down, lighting the fuse of his purchased Bomb on the fallen derbies of a stray tile.

"So burn in the fiery ocean,
    of a rather lethal explosion."

And then he lobs it at the ground in front of Darren.

He still seems to be concentrating on something else, though... hm.

Thread Information