View Poll Results: should there be a limit to how many times the buster/arm cannon can be charged?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah. It's a basic weapon and such an ability makes it too strong

8 72.73%
  • No, it's fine the way it is.

3 27.27%
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1456

Thread: The Glitz Pit

Re: The Glitz Pit

Suda looked over the papers for a moment and said, "Well, I am inclined to ask about this "Mr." part, but I've accepted stranger things. Anyway, congratulations, Miss Mr. Taxi, lucky for you, the last kid that ran outta here left this for you," he said handing her a heavier than usual bag of coins. Steve the Shyguy handed her a small booklet that went over rules and regulations and whatever else a new fighter needed and then led her to the minor leagues.

"As you rank up, your accommodations will improve as well, but for know, you'll be here. Have fun."

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y H I B I K I <3 765Bro's Avatar

[[ Doesn't it cost money to make a new character? Or did you spend the money to? Either way, COOOOOOL :D I didn't want you to leave ]]

[[Edit:
    SORRY FOR THE SHORT POST MODS.]]
    Last edited by 765Bro; April 24th, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
    HAPPY HIBIKI'S BIRTHDAY DAY 2014
    LOVE YA'LL

(your first character change is free. after that you will be forced to buy the item.)

Hey look it's Pac-man! Your day is now ruined. Cerd's Avatar

Cerd was still lost on his random thoughts when Winston used Psibeam on him. The effects of the Psibeam were strong enough to make him focusing on it and what could possibly be the cause. “ARGH! What is this headache all of sudden? It must be that psychic type opponent, Winstpn. I need to do something quick to make him stop doing this with my mind!”

Then Cerd instinctively threw the Silver Spikes he had in hands at Winston right before he fired yet another distraction at him, making Cerd's random thoughts come back but this time accompanied by a headache.

"Don't mind me, I'm just here being silly..."

click on my non-existing pokemon eggs and you will gain imaginary internets!

And now for something real:Here is my steam

Winston, expecting some retaliation and maybe a real fight finally easily rolled out of the way as the spikes closed in, but jsut as he did so almost felt himself keel over. Though his overall stamina was fine, expending so much pyschic energy in such a short time span had left him a lot weaker. He got up though, unscathed but reminded himself not to overdue it. He took some deep breathes, closing his eyes and focusing on Cerd's crippled mind, scrying into it for what his next action might be. As the effect was much more passive, it didn't sap much of his energy, but didn't leave him completely vunerable while he focused and caught his breath.
    LOVE YA'LL

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

Spinda had been drinking since his battle with Will, it was a stupid move, and he was even at a lower rank! He gained a good grasp on how to use his new power, but it wasn't enough to become as dangerous as possible. He thought back to his battle with Diego, and how they won- with fire. Having lots of alchohol was bound to involve a molotov, and it spiralled from there. It was then that Spinda knew what to do.

He stumbled back to the shop, and once again climbed onto the counter face to face with the Shy Guy. "That shtuff wash good, but it washn't enough. I need shomethink to make thinks BURN!" Spinda flailed his arms as he said it, and the Shy Guy just stared. When Spinda seemed to calm down, The Shy Guy pulled up a fire flower. "I'LL TAKE 20! NO, 10!"

and then Spinda wobbled out of the shop, 100 coins lighter. He glimpsed at the rankings briefly, walked off, and then ran back to it. DRAKE LEFT?!? He quickly scanned the rankings again, and realised that quite a lot has changed, some fighters he had never even seen had been retired; but most importantly, there's a new guy in town. Mr. Taxi? I should see what he's like. Later, maybe. He stuttered to some TV screens, which covered both fights. Cerd was really being slow on his actions, he needs to work a bit harder. And Suda was taking on Will, Heh. That will end well.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Diego, being the cool guy he was, jumped over the electric scissors with the assistance of an air explosion. He happened to be moving directly at Mirr when the orbs started floating around him... hm, that couldn't be good, but did he care? No. He was too busy rapping... to a tune, surprisingly. Apparently, he had tuned his air control to a fine degree during his previous rage. It sounded like he was about to deliver both a verbal and non-verbal beatdown.

"Yo! I'm about time I get serious,
    Best sit down old man, or you're bein' delirious."

With these lines he landed almost directly in front of Mirr, in a defensive position. As if he was gonna punch any electricity that got near him, or something. Notably, his grip on his hammer shifted so he held it higher up; he could swing faster this way, though the strikes would be slightly less effective. Slightly.

"I stop for no obstacle, pain, wound or injury!
    Prepare to be knocked back into the seventeenth century!"

At this point, Mirr would probably feel an aura of heat around Diego's body. It wasn't too much yet, but you could feel it building up pretty quickly. Other things Mirr might feel soon would be lots of fire, in the form of an upper-body sized fireball. If he didn't move really, really fast anyway. because they were pretty dang close.

((Fire's boosted up by ten percent. Beatdown activated.))

(Beatdown? What's that?)
    Mirr could feel the heat as the fireball appeared, coming at him faster than his body could move. But the mind is faster than the body and before the flame could hit him, he gathered all the orbs around him into just one big one, right between him and the fireball. The two orbs were both destroyed and with that Mirr's plan disappeared. But enough about that. If Diego stayed close to him, Mirr might start having a real problem on his hands. He would need some help for this.
    Before Diego had a chance to do something, Mirr jumped into the air and sent a jet stream of air down at him, propelling himself backwards and upwards, but mostly backwards. Soon, he had Cerd inside his field of vision and Winstpn immediately after. Well, if he wanted Cerd to help him out, Mirr would have to help Cerd out. He created two small shields in his hands, and with a blast of air, he sent them as projectiles towards Winstpn. Meanwhile, Mirr was shouting at Cerd to help him with Diego.

((Alright so the 2v2 started ten days ago and went nowhere fast :U ))

Miss Mr. Taxi sat on a bench in the minor league locker room, tapping her feet on the floor in rhythm. She just got here, but still, she was awfully bored... maybe an arena was finally open to fight? Hopping over to the wall terminal, the fighter took a glance at the list of fighters in her league. Not a lot of interesting names... And compared to the amount of names on the list, there weren't nearly as many people situated in the locker room. Was half the league a ghost town? Ranking up might be tough.

Whatever. Shrugging, Taxi plugged her name in for a fight, setting her stage choice to Final Destination. She'd also be okay with Spear Pillar, so if an opponent came by with such a suggestion, she'd hop on board.

Now to play the waiting game.

((Considering the only active minors are Mirr and Flarix I'd want to fight one of you two, perhaps Mirr considering your current fight went nowhere fast and I'd be willing to give you a real fight.))

(UHRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
    there's been what? 3 rounds of attacks? bah, to free stuff up this fight will time out tomorrow evening. I'll figure out if there's anything worth judging later.)

Hey look it's Pac-man! Your day is now ruined. Cerd's Avatar

Cerd was still trying to focus his mind after all the psychic attacks he received when Mirr came to help him and also to ask for help. “No need to worry about me, Mirr. I’m physically fine, just my mind is a little messed up, but I’ve been through worse by a simple Kadabra.” Cerd said to him.

“First, I need to make sure that Winstpn won’t try anything else funny, those shields Mirr send might be good enough to distract him while I try this.” Then Cerd put a finger on the jewel on his forehead and made a huge mental effort to disregard his headache and yelled at Winston “DISABLE!” then from his jewel a psychic wave was fired in Winston direction.

“Alright now to give a little help to Mirr.” Cerd then noticed that Diego was going into Mirr’s direction with a fiery aura while rapping. “Argh! Is he still singing? Don't he know how annoying this can be? Well, better give him a cold shower.” Then Cerd took his water bottle and used his water control to make it contents surround Diego and extinguish his fire.

"Don't mind me, I'm just here being silly..."

click on my non-existing pokemon eggs and you will gain imaginary internets!

And now for something real:Here is my steam

(The gods of random numbers have dictated that Psibeam is of no use to master Winston and his psychic shenanigans.)

As Will held on to his cauterized stump of an arm, he recalled Suda's last words.
    "Unless you can learn new tricks anytime soon," he said. Well, new tricks can be arranged.
    Will already had a plan in his mind for taking advantage of his new disability, but to do so would require quite a bit more money than he had.
    On the other hand, I do have quite a bit more cash than I'm used to, he thought with a wry smile. And last I checked, I get considerable reward money for fighting Suda.
    Will mentally counted his available money. Seven thirty-five, plus a three hundred reward - that covers it. It might strain my wallet a bit, but it'll be worth it in the long run.
    He walked over to the counter labeled "Shop" and rapped on the table to attract the attention of a sleeping Shy Guy. Once he was sure the Shy Guy was awake, he outlined his purchases.

A few hours later, Will stepped out of the Major Leagues locker room, with a black glove draped over his apparently healed left arm. Luckily, no one had interrupted him during his modifications to his purchases, so they remained secret.
    He noticed... Kiwi, was it? - in the hallway and placed a hand on his shoulder.
    "Kiwi," he said, and waited for the elementalist to turn around. "I think I'll challenge you to a match. Does... Lake Hylia sound good?"
    Of course, Will really had little interest in the stage, but he was opening negotiations in the dominant position - a generally good place to be.

What's your favorite scary movie? Kiwi's Avatar

Kiwi turned around. "EXCELLENT! Finally, somebody challenges me! Yes, I would love to fight there... WHOEVER YOU ARE! I will call you Frank! Is that okay with you, Frank? We shall be best of friends, I just know!" He picked up Will Frank and hugs him tight. "And you will also provide for me a nice warm-up fight. It has been so long since I have had a fight, you will be a good way to wet my skills, little man. But do not think I am being condescending, I am just saying it like it is, home dawg. Fo'shizzle, and whatnot. Is that how kids today speak? Or atleast Diego? Does Diego still have no rhythm? Oh, so much I must have missed! So very much! But at least I have had time to come up with new techniques. BUT ENOUGH EXPOSITION, LET US FIGHT!... as soon as a spot opens up."

(Hi I'd like to join the RP)
    Character
    Name:Danny
    username:ultrakirby64
    Biography:Was trained by Knuckle Joe in the way of fighting has learend all his secret techniques. Is ready to fight at all costs
    Height:5,8
    Came to the Glitz Pit for glory and to prove himself to his master.
    Attribute:Strength
    Abilities:Fire control shield Shatter
    Signature Move: Force Blast(same as in the game)
    Last edited by ultrakirby64; May 1st, 2012 at 04:22 PM.

[[ There needs to be a rule, and this is speaking as someone who's nulled a fight by leaving before. If you are unable to make an appearence after a certain amount of time, you instantly die or forfeit the fight. ]]

Winston easily weaved through the two projectiles, but was caught unaware as the disable blasted him, and he staggered a bit. Man, those random number gods. They suck. He wanted to Psibeam something but he couldn't He'd done it before. In Grade 5 he Psibeamed someone once a day. Usually everyone. But he just couldn't. He swore to himself upsettedly. Psibeam was his favorite! Mind-reading was just for trolling... Psibeam? That's where the good laughs came from. Scowling he took a deep breath, using distract 6 times in succesion. It burnt up all the stamina he'd been stockpiling, and he felt faint afterwards, but he was sure Cerd was now little threat. Hopefully Diego could mop up.
    LOVE YA'LL

Well, he still had Mirr on the defensive, anyway. Still, getting up close would be ideal; that fool didn't even have a close range weapon, so he was in no extra danger if he abandoned his slow sledgehammer for his faster fists. And his fists were much faster, now... he could already feel his pacemaker enhancing his physical ability. This would be a piece of cake. And then there's the water comin' at him... well, he could deal with that. Spinning around with his left hand outstretched, the water around him turned to steam, masking his next attack. Which was certainly going to take advantage of those six Distractions, thank you very much. Completing his spin, he used the momentum to toss that sledgehammer like a javelin, directly at Cerd. It was even being propelled by a whole lotta fire, so it wasn't even CLOSE to being slow. If it hit that duck, it'd almost certainly be lethal... and since that duck was being very, very distracted, it'd probably hit.

"Trying to sic your psychic duck on me?
    I can't even take that SENTENCE seriously."

A column of flames launches Diego towards Mirr, flames enveloping his arm as he swiftly approaches.

"You should know, you can't run forever,
    It's right up there, with 'never say never'."

The air around Diego continued to get hotter, his control over fire and his physical capabilities growing further. If he got close enough, Mirr would find himself with a hole burnt into his stomach. If Cerd died now, which he probably would, there was no way that Mirr could win. They could almost certainly survive long enough to win by default, at the very least. But that wasn't exactly what Diego had in mind, here. He was thinking more along the lines of killing the both of 'em.

((Fire's up 20% now. Also, that water evaporation was pretty easy because according to the chart fire is equal to water.))
    Last edited by War P. Anda; May 1st, 2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: derp I thought we were in the Glitz Pit for some reason

Diego started rapping again, but since Mirr didn't feel drowsy, he didn't bother to mute it this time. Although, come to think of it, the air around him seemed hotter, the light was distorted and things looked blurry around him. Maybe he should have tried to mute it after all. But now was no time to be thinking about it. Cerd was most likely dead and Mirr had no intention of loosing. He'd have to kill them both soon. Winston shouldn't be a problem, but Diego was still stong enough to resist most of his attacks. Without the hammer, he could be knocked back more easily, which would give Mirr just enough time to make sure Winston couldn't interfere. He pointed his finger just to the side of Diego and once more a beam erupted from it. He twirled it around in progressively smaller loops until they had Diego surounded from all sides but his back. Then Mirr sent a short, more concentrated beam right towards Diego.
    And now for Winston. No doubt he was still a threat, with his distraction and psybeam, even if he'd lost one of them with disable. But there was still no reason to waste any more energy with him. Instead, Mirr shot him with his crossbow. Strong, simple and too fast for someone who was so clearly fatigued.

Will strained to breathe for a moment before the eccentric Kiwi set him down.
    "It's Will, not Frank," he half-muttered as he regained his breath. A moment later, he refilled his lungs and tried again.
    "I think you're not the only one who's learned new tricks, Kiwi," he stated calmly as he turned. "And I think that I'm going to be just a bit too large a bite for you to whet your skills on."
    He mentally chuckled at his joke, then straightened his glove and walked off.

What's your favorite scary movie? Kiwi's Avatar

He shouted back, "Ahahahahahaha! Ha! Ha ha! Ha! You are a funny little man, Frank, I shall remember that as I pummel you into the ground and break every single bone in your body as you gasp for breath and beg for me to end your life!" ...Okay, wow. Kiwi's humor has gotten dark while he was gone. And he only meant it as a joke, honestly. He was not that much of a big fat jerkface... right? Who know. Anyway, he was ready. He was so flipping ready. Finally, he'd get back into combat, which he had been absent from for so long! Finally! "This will be fun!" He said to himself, cracking his knuckles. He knew that Will Frank would be a challenge for him, but he did not want to say it aloud. That would let his opponent know he was worried. And showing no fear whatsoever is a good intimidation tactic, to Kiwi. Although you'd think the fact that he's a hulking psychotic manchild who is able to punch people so hard they die (long story, it happened back home) would be enough to intimidate most people.

(I know this is probably a bad time but I would still like to know if I could join or not?)

Quote Originally Posted by ultrakirby64 View Post
    (I know this is probably a bad time but I would still like to know if I could join or not?)
    (I PM'd you about your character. I think I asked about your signature move [how it works] and if you wanted a weapon. If you do not take the weapon, you can have the signature move as is.

Otherwise approved. I'll be updating the front page with your, as well as another new fighter's profile, and update some other nice things too.)

Mirr had planned that well. Winston was too slow and tired to shield himself from the arrow, which pierced through his gut quite well. Gripping the wound, Winston cursed at how open he had left himself to retaliation, but did take pride in the fact that despite the wound, it would only be a matter of time before Mirr fell. As the blood pumped out steadily, he found it a little difficult to keep his balance, but focused as hard as he could. Another distraction could be risky right now, even knocking him unconcious with the energy expended, but it might be just what Diego needs to put him over the top and finish this... He considered using Telepathy to ask him, but decided that in the heat of the moment he'd have to act swiftly. He risked it, blasting Mirr with a final distraction to lower his guard and any pre-meditated plan. With that, he felt himself collapse, but not unconcious he strugged back up, pushing himself back up with all his might, sending a message to Diego to inform him he had to take advantage of the moment.
    LOVE YA'LL

A Suda approaches. "Sorry kiddies, fight ends here," he said as he healed all the fighters and threw them back into their rooms. "I'll see if I can judge something from this. And I might adda rule for those fighters that seemed to drag their feet.

Now, do we have another fight to set up?"

Spoiler: SUDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 

((Inx... please let this be canon. please. why must you ninja))

Thread Information