View Poll Results: Who's your favorite pony?

Voters
10085. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

8 0.08%
  • Applejack

3 0.03%
  • Rainbow Dash

12 0.12%
  • Rarity

5 0.05%
  • Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie

11 0.11%
  • Fluttershy

0 0%
  • Princess Celestia

10,001 99.17%
  • Princess Luna

2 0.02%
  • Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo

8 0.08%
  • Apple Bloom

1 0.01%
  • Sweetie Belle

2 0.02%
  • Scootaloo

0 0%
  • Zecora

1 0.01%
  • Big Macintosh

1 0.01%
  • Granny Smith

0 0%
  • Cheerilee

0 0%
  • The Mayor

0 0%
  • "The Great and Powerful" Trixie

2 0.02%
  • Lyra/Heartstrings

1 0.01%
  • Doctor Whooves

3 0.03%
  • Carrot Top/Godlen Harvest

0 0%
  • Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon3

4 0.04%
  • Octavia

8 0.08%
  • Spike :P

7 0.07%
  • Other

5 0.05%
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

Don't get so down about the official negative changes to Derpy. Here, this should cheer you all up:

Also there's an Italian version that's more like an anime theme.

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

The thing with changing Derpy is, it's not the change itself that was upsetting, it was more about how and why it took place. It would've been more negligible if they did it between episodes, and simply applied the changes to future appearances. In fact, we probably wouldn't have even minded. Instead, they went in and edited an episode that had already been seen. I think I speak for most bronies when I say that this act can be seen as a "Psyche!" to the fans. It's like giving a kid a new toy and then taking it away just because some stranger said that it promotes violence, when it really doesn't.

EDIT: Also, as I was watching Powerpuff Girls earlier today, I noticed that the episode "Girls Gone Mild" is almost a parallel to this situation. Interesting...
    Last edited by Deucey Dee; March 2nd, 2012 at 11:50 PM.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

Talk about new episode! NOW!

When I saw the brief episode description, I though Iron Will was just the concept, but then I found out that it actually referred to a buff monster minotaur giving assertiveness lessons.

As for the episode itself, I was amazed. To me, it almost felt like a legitimate fanfiction turned into a canon episode. Fluttershy as her pushover self was as always adorable, especially when she tried and failed horribly at first to step up. Seeing her turn into a snappy bully, however, was something else. It was like Discord transforming her into Flutterwry again, only in slow motion. And then when she turned on her friends... ooh, you could feel the climactic effect there!

Fluttershy really built up her personality, not only when she showed a glimpse of her dark side (which we bronies just knew she had the whole time), but then when she later realized her actions and humbled herself. In the end, Fluttershy finally found that perfect balance in assertiveness. Also, the end of the episode saw the return of... THE STARE!

The amount of darkness in this episode was noticeable, while still at an appropriated level. All in all, awesome episode!

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Iron Will confirmed for best pony.
    I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but I incredibly enjoyed how he didn't come off as some sort of villain, or corrupting power, but just as a legitimate businessman, businessminotaur, whatever, that gave advice that Fluttershy took too seriously.
    His assertiveness lessons may have been a bit over the top, but it was believable and he didn't really feel mean.
    That and any character who pities the fool is automatically awesome.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

I wasn't expecting much going in, and I didn't get much going out. It wasn't the straightforward plot, because they've done that before and it was still good...but I guess I wasn't too big a fan of the concept? The buildup seemed a bit too long, as well - yes, Fluttershy, you're a doormat. We don't need ten minutes of you saying so before we get on with it.

That being said, there were some truly great moments in there (Rabbit Season? God yes.) and it wasn't too bad an episode, just a rather forgetful one.
    Home with the milk in the morning / Singing the same old song
    ---
    ---
    ---
    It really does not matter what you are called, or where your work is placed, as long as it brings some kind of joy to some person some place.
    - Charles M. Schultz -

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

So.

Um.

Guys.

You know that I was away from the internet for a while (A week counts as an eternity, guys, no really)?

Well.

Erm.

I had to find something to find the void.

So, I watched the first fifteen or so episodes of MLP.

Um...

Basically, what I'm trying to say here is...

Fluttershy is the best pony.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    YEAH! (holds up fist for brohoof)

Also, the newest episode...well, let's just say it provided that awkward moment where your favourite character temporarily becomes your least-favourite. Other than that, it was a good episode.
    |With sword in hand|
    |And courage in my heart|
    |I am...|

What happened to Rarity's voice in the newest episode?

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moncole View Post
    What happened to Rarity's voice in the newest episode?
    I keep seeing mentions of this, but I didn't actually hear anything particularly wrong with her voice. It wasn't completely off to my knowledge, but if someone could elaborate.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

So.

Um.

Guys.

You know that I was away from the internet for a while (A week counts as an eternity, guys, no really)?

Well.

Erm.

I had to find something to find the void.

So, I watched the first fifteen or so episodes of MLP.

Um...

Basically, what I'm trying to say here is...

I feel like eventually every member of the forums will come in here to say something like this.

New episode was great because of Iron Will (and goats), but apart from that, it was pretty run-of-the-mill. There were some good gags in it though. And...it's pretty hard to dislike an episode with Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie.

When I watch my niece I can watch My Little Pony with her :D

New episode was great. Time-related concepts always catch my interest. Yet another episode where Twilight goes ballistic from OCD, but this time she doesn't go all pedofilly-like. This time, she pursued the unforgivable, but it's all cool. Madame Pinkie was wonderful, yet another awestume for Pinkie Pie. The ode to Greek Mythology was surprising, not because there was a three-headed dog in Ponyville, but because Tartarus was mentioned, as well. It was the extent, you see. Also, hardcore future Twilight FTW.

Other than that, not much else to say about it.
    Last edited by Deucey Dee; March 18th, 2012 at 07:06 PM.

If you see this message, I came back to see everything. I miss this forum in the old days :c Vi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moncole View Post
    I saw these a wanted to share them.
    http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...04-d4r5rd6.png

Kirby never been cuter

I( would have made them all pictures but would have took to much of the page
    lol Pinkie Pie looks like Kirby but he ate Pinkie and gained her power XD
    "Freeze!....Or don't, I don't care. "
    Spoiler: RAVE DANCE PARTY GO! 

I missed the airing of this week's episode on television! Something about Daylight Savings probably had to do with the episode showing an hour earlier than I expected! So, I had to watch it on Youtube, which means I had to wait for it to be uploaded onto Youtube. That's now, what? THREE that I've missed on TV? Oh, I feel so ashamed of myself! I need to be more careful!

So, anyway, the episode was awesome. It was great seeing different varieties of dragons, as well as the two from Season 1. I wonder what would've happened if they saw the ponies again. Dun dun dun. The phoenixes were awesome, as should be expected. The wierd-looking dragon that was associated with the girls' disguise was a nice gag, I really liked that.

This episode was good in terms of character. Rarity seemed to develop an almost motherly attitude towards Spike. Seems like a show of continuity to me. I liked Rainbow Dash's determination to help Spike; you could tell from this episode that she was the Element of Loyalty. Also, Twilight's understanding in the beginning was very touching. And let's not forget about Spike's character development. He had a simple "do what it takes" attitude in trying prove himself to the other dragons. He was willing enough to participate in little contests that weren't immediately harmful to others, but when it came to a bad point, he refused to give in to peer pressure.

It was a good episode, and it had a very important lesson behind it. Although, it was a shame to see the group running from the dragons in the end, when they could have easily whupped some dragon hide. I mean, two spellcasters and an aerial ace? How could you lose with that, when pitted against three dragons that are lesser than ones you've gone up against before?

But, of course, the big question in this episode is: What was Princess Celestia's letter to Spike about? That should be worth a few nights of sleep for the ponderers.

Oh, grog, dose phoenixes (poenii?). I've always loved their design, and seeing them again was cool as all hell.

Also, Rarity's 'I WILL TEAR YOU APART' line towards the end there has now entered my top ten quotes list for MLP (or it will when I get bored enough to write it up).

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

My opinions, wrapped up nicely:

Favourite part: Rarity's "TEAR YOU APART" line near the end.
    Least favourite part: Spike crying, twice.
    Question: Anyone else notice how the scene with the dragons waking up after gorging themselves on gemstones is very similar to that of a group of drunks waking up after a party?
    Final opinion: Best Spike episode yet, and that's saying something.
    |With sword in hand|
    |And courage in my heart|
    |I am...|

Hurricane Fluttershy in a nutshell:
    Win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win, win
    WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Detailed Review

The awesomeness in this episode is simply staggering. My mind exploded... and then exploded again! Being the mane character of the episode, Fluttershy was superb, but Rainbow Dash was also great. Once again, Fluttershy found herself struggling with an inner crisis, and this time, she was exemplary. I also noticed Angel's redeeming behavior. It looks like Fluttershy managed to straighten him out. He wasn't a bad bunny, he was just undisciplined. Maybe he'll go back to the way he was in Season 1: the critter that kept Fluttershy on track.

So, I loved the flashback, I loved Twilight's adorkableness and Spike's ability to translate her geek speak to the other ponies, I loved Derpy maintaining her wall-eyedness, I loved the new pegasus ponies added, especially the enthusiastic one, and I loved the concept of the pegasus tornado. I also loved everything else about the episode, even the pony-related stuff on the Hub outside the episode: Advertising next week's episode and the "Coming Up Next" thing. You had to be there, man. I am glad I did not miss this one.

Also:
    FLUTTERSHY WAS A TREE!!!

Know my power ... in art. SonicStar23750's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deucey_Dee_Brawl View Post
    My mind exploded... and then exploded again!
    Can that happen? Is...Is it p-p-posible for a mind to explode...TWICE???
    (Bridle Gossip reference, LOL)

Anyways, this episode definitely goes up there with "A Friend in Deed" and "Sweet and Elite", maybe even surpassing them (by what degree, I have no clue). I laughed, I cried, I was left in awe, and I felt as if this episode didn't disappoint.

Personally, I really like how the writers played off the Element of Loyalty for Rainbow Dash, and this was prevalent throughout the entire episode. It's really good when each of the mane six show their respective Elements of Harmony through their actions, while keeping it subtle, and it makes the episode that much more excellent.

artwork courtesy of Cyphir for the Cocoon Academy audio project

First of all: Fluttershy is a tree. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Second of all: Holy crap, Angel isn't a total &&&&&! So that's why Fluttershy lets him stay around.

Third of all: Rainbow Dash is a tree!

Fourth: Roidpony is best pony. Seriously though, the background pony designs in this episode are some of my favorites.

Fifth: Why on earth was Spitfire just standing there as Twilight was screaming about 'we need just a little more!'?

Sixth: I really like how Fluttershy didn't go and turn into the next Rainbow Dash because of her training. She got moderately better, but she still remains a weak flier. I feel that that really helped to keep her contribution realistic and encouraging, as well.

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

This episode was pretty darn good, but the ending somewhat soiled it for me. The way it was presented made it feel like Fluttershy could only be accepted if she (felt like she) could perform well. I think if she didn't zoom past everypony in the end, but that her contribution was important, it would've ended better. Also, cut out the "Fluttershy can really fly" part with something like a few pegasuses coming up to her and saying something like "thanks, we couldn't have done it without you".

Still one of the better episodes of Season 2, though I put Return of Harmony: Part 2, Secret of My Excess, Dragon Quest, Sisterhooves Social, Luna Eclipsed, and Family Appreciation Day higher.

Fifth: Why on earth was Spitfire just standing there as Twilight was screaming about 'we need just a little more!'?
    Well, she was there as a supervisor, to see if they were going to break the record. You can't help someone break a record if you're there to watch them break it. If they had failed the second time, then I'm pretty sure she would've pitched in to help them just get the job done, at the least.

Fourth: Roidpony is best pony. Seriously though, the background pony designs in this episode are some of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaurshotgun View Post
    This episode was pretty darn good, but the ending somewhat soiled it for me. The way it was presented made it feel like Fluttershy could only be accepted if she (felt like she) could perform well.
    That's exactly what Fluttershy was thinking. The other ponies weren't pressuring her at all; the worst that happened was a couple of them giggled, and they didn't mean to belittle her. It was all in Fluttershy's head. In the end, she overcame her insecurity and realized that, instead of worrying about meeting others' expectations, she should be simply doing her best. With this in mind, she became more confident in her own abilities, allowing her to put in more effort and determination, which allowed her to excel. She had unused potential, and her self-consciousness is what got in the way of her making use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicStar23750 View Post
    Can that happen? Is...Is it p-p-posible for a mind to explode...TWICE???
    (Bridle Gossip reference, LOL)
    Wrong episode. It was from Feeling Pinkie Keen.
    Last edited by Deucey Dee; March 31st, 2012 at 01:26 AM.

Spoiler: Bill Amend is a brony. This is the best thing. 

That aside, I liked today's episode. I liked Trixie's 'cameo', but then I was a little cheesed when I realized that 'oh, so this is where Trixie is in this season. Rip-off'.

Oh, and Celestia eating cake was a great thing.

My favorite bits of the episode were either Big Mac and AJ switching speech styles or I'LL DESTROY HER, personally.

For great street justice! bluesoul's Avatar
    In an icy cave in the middle of Antarctica.

So, I think I found the only other brony/MLP fan in my school. She was some senior walking down the halls with a zipped up hoodie. I was certain I saw a chunk of rainbow dash on the shirt.

Now, as for the episode, wow this was a different one. The story arc had good progression (although it did get slow at the Rarity/gossip points. You like gossip, we get it.) and the jokes were alright. The only problem I had with the episode was the ending.
    They were about to get fired and what do they do? They don't write an article saying how demanding Tiara was. Instead, they write an apology.....
    it just seemed like the easy way of an ending. Still,it was good overall.

4 stars out of 5
    Last edited by bluesoul; April 1st, 2012 at 01:43 AM.

I loved it. I'm pretty sure the writers had fun coming up with the articles the CMC a.k.a. "Gabby Gums" wrote. Mention of The Great and Powerful Trixie was a nice touch, in my opinion. It's not much, but it's good to see them keeping episode-specific ponies in the loop.

In terms of the story, I'd say it was pretty effective. The subjects of dealing with bossy people and taking advantage of others are very relatable, and the way they showed it was great; starting at a kid level and going large scale. I also liked how it progressed (I tried not to copy bluesoul, but I couldn't think of another word); they began exploiting others as a last resort, and then they decided to keep going, eventually going out of control. What really made it was that most of the other ponies didn't care about the potential harm until they became targets, as well. I think it really strengthens the concept they were getting across. When the CMC's were walking around town and discovering the consequences, the negative atmosphere was just right. And then the ending was perfect, I don't think it could've ended any better.

Awesome things in this episode: Twilight's force field spell, Angel, Rainbow Dash raining on the CMC's (literally), the article headings and pictures

It'a a shame that Mayor Mare's mane color isn't natural. Also, I expect that somewhere on the Internet is an image with the Cutie Mark Crusaders on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    The only problem I had with the episode was the ending.
    They were about to get fired and what do they do? They don't write an article saying how demanding Tiara was. Instead, they write an apology.....
    it just seemed like the easy way of an ending.
    I admit that, at first, I was expecting them to do just that, but I think it's better that they did what they did. They decided to be honest about their actions. Even if Diamond Tiara kept demanding gossip articles, it was still really them who chose what exactly to give her. If they blamed her, that wouldn't really have helped. Not only would everypony think that it was just more gossip, but the three wouldn't have learned their lesson. Their humility still caught Cheerilee's attention and prompted her to get to the bottom of things, so everything turned out right in the end.

Change of subject: Are there any bronies that live in the Los Angeles area (at the farthest a few hours' drive away, which would include Chula Vista), or will be there during the summer?

Thread Information