View Poll Results: Who's your favorite pony?

Voters
10085. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

8 0.08%
  • Applejack

3 0.03%
  • Rainbow Dash

12 0.12%
  • Rarity

5 0.05%
  • Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie

11 0.11%
  • Fluttershy

0 0%
  • Princess Celestia

10,001 99.17%
  • Princess Luna

2 0.02%
  • Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo

8 0.08%
  • Apple Bloom

1 0.01%
  • Sweetie Belle

2 0.02%
  • Scootaloo

0 0%
  • Zecora

1 0.01%
  • Big Macintosh

1 0.01%
  • Granny Smith

0 0%
  • Cheerilee

0 0%
  • The Mayor

0 0%
  • "The Great and Powerful" Trixie

2 0.02%
  • Lyra/Heartstrings

1 0.01%
  • Doctor Whooves

3 0.03%
  • Carrot Top/Godlen Harvest

0 0%
  • Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon3

4 0.04%
  • Octavia

8 0.08%
  • Spike :P

7 0.07%
  • Other

5 0.05%
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaurshotgun View Post
    I think everyone did. She's groggy.
    No, not like that. I meant the voice itself. It had a sort of variation similar to Twilight Sparkle's voice when she sounded less like Timmy Turner and more like Princess Clara, like in the beginning of Bridle Gossip. It just sounds a little different from how it usually sounds. Then again, I suppose it's the kind of thing only an OCD person like me would pay any attention to.

And now for something completely different my analysis of today's episode.

Once again, Hasbro finds a way to incorporate hardcore action and adventure in a manner that is still relevant enough to the show's central... style. I like. I also like the Indiana Jones spoof: Danger Doo, a Rainbow Dash recolor with an awesome expedition hat. Rainbow Dash finding inspiration, which she expresses via a parallel escapade in the hospital, adds a little more to her character depth: though stubborn, she can try something different and take a liking to it. Just like May the Best Pet Win. Also entertaining were the scenes in which Rainbow Dash wriggled her way out of spending time with her friends so she could continue reading without exposing herself. Though some fans are probably going to give her crap about that, it's alright with me: Loyalty means being there for your friends, not always with your friends.

Which, luckily enough for me, brings me to the "controversy" of The Mysterious Mare Do Well. The rest of the mane six were given a bad rap for "upstaging" Rainbow Dash, so allow me to explain:

The attention went to Rainbow Dash's head, and the girls came up with a way to help her realize that. Many fans complain that they "make her look bad instead of talking to her about it", but consider this: Would talking to Rainbow Dash really have had any effect? She is already generally stubbon, and with her newfound fame she's that plus arrogant. The girls knew that they couldn't talk her into swallowing her pride, something she's almost never done. They decided instead on a more effective way of getting Rainbow Dash's attention, something that would stand out and not result in anypony being hurt.

Now, the crucial part here is how Rainbow Dash reacted to the whole thing. When she realized that her friends were behind it all, she could have gotten angry, she could have told them all off, she could have said "We're not friends, anymore," and walked out on them. Did she? No. Being the Element of Loyalty, she calmly asked her friends what they were doing, and she stopped and listened. She didn't even argue when they told her how big-headed she'd been. She was actually willing to consider their message to her.

Thus concludes my analysis of not one, but two episodes. Btw, in Read it and Weep, Twilight makes "bedroom eyes" alot.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

Not like people here care, but somehow the new episode "Hearts and hooves" was released early on itunes.

If anyone wants it, I'd say go and buy it while it's still up.

I wonder who derped and put it on itunes two days early anyways? Anyways, I thank thee.

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

Thanks for the heads-up.
    So, spoilerbox tag anything related to the new episode until Saturday?

Thanks for the heads-up.
    So, spoilerbox tag anything related to the new episode until Saturday?
    Eeyup.

Well, it was put up on Youtube yesterday, if anyone wants to take an early gander. I'll comply to the spoiler rule, nonetheless, however.

Spoiler: Link 

Spoiler: My thoughts on the episode 

If you see this message, I came back to see everything. I miss this forum in the old days :c Vi's Avatar

I feel really happy that I get to watch the next episode 2!!! days before the real release on TV this is why I love the internet!!!!
    (even though it was brought by Itunes XD)
    "Freeze!....Or don't, I don't care. "
    Spoiler: RAVE DANCE PARTY GO! 

Anyway, moving on to stuff that hasn't yet happened, whether or not on schedule, looks like the fan favorites marathon thing is this Saturday. It starts at 4:00 AM in my area, which I believe is on Mountain Time. Who here plans on being there to watch it? I will most likely attend the whole thing. I'll either go to bed really early or have an all-nighter.

Interesting note: On the shows schedule on my TV, all of the marathon episodes are under the show title "Little Pny".

EDIT: Some more detail on the marathon. It starts at 4:00 AM (Mountain Time), is 9 episodes long, and will be followed by the new episode at about 8:30 AM (Mountain Time).
    Last edited by Deucey Dee; February 9th, 2012 at 08:55 PM.

Know my power ... in art. SonicStar23750's Avatar

Spoiler: The Mare-a-thon Episodes (in case you missed it) 

Well...uh...This episode was...interesting, to say the least. The CMCs may be cute and all, but whatever they do often has something bad happen as a reprecussion (first Discord, now this). The episode was cute, funny, and surprising at a few points.

Although, there was one problem I had: in that book Twilight Sparkle gave them, WHY WOULD IT INCLUDE THE RECIPE GUIDE FOR THAT LOVE POISON IF IT WAS THAT DISASTROUS!!!? That's almost as bad as letting Doofenshmirtz read how Bowser created the Galaxy Reactor step-by-step. However, I digress. This was just a logic flaw rather than something that would ruin the episode. It was still a good episode overall.

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS MATCHMAKERS, YAY!

I really liked the positive characterizations in this episode. The trio were just trying to make their teacher feel loved, and even though Cheerilee and Big Mac knew what was going on, they went along with it. Of course, that got them into the mess in the first place, but I still like how they showed some appreciation for their efforts.

Sweetie Belle has been reconfirmed as my favorite CMC.

Interestingly enough, whenever I saw Cheerilee and Big Mac drawing really close to each other, I felt like the show was kind of on the brink right then and there. On the brink of what, I can't tell, but it felt like what happened next was very important to the show's future. Luckily, Hasbro took the "safe route".

This was the second romance between characters I've seen in the show, and just like the previous one (Rarity and Spike), I... approved of this one.

Powerpuff Girls equivalent: Keen on Keane (I'm going to start doing this whenever there's a clear match)

Also, I totally sat through the whole marathon. Didn't fall asleep at all, though I kind of wavered a bit at times. I stayed up all night and morning, and I still haven't gone to sleep yet.

EDIT: Btw, Doctor Whooves running past the CMCs. Looks to me like a subtle reference or something.
    Last edited by Deucey Dee; February 11th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

The more subtle one is the Derpy scene. Kinda like with Bon Bon and Lyra, Derpy and the Doctor have been popping up a lot next to each other.

I'm not a fan of the brushables myself, but damn this is amazing. White Celestia finally, plus others such as Zecora, Trixie, and Vinyl Scratch? This is kind of amazing.

EDIT: Oh, here's Lyra too. This is just getting insane now. inb4 Bon Bon/Octy/Derpy
    Last edited by AuraKnight; February 11th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
    Home with the milk in the morning / Singing the same old song
    ---
    ---
    ---
    It really does not matter what you are called, or where your work is placed, as long as it brings some kind of joy to some person some place.
    - Charles M. Schultz -

Waddle Dee

I... I'm really surprised that this episode is an episode of this show. I don't know why, it really is pretty innocent and kids-show appropriate, but all the fanfics I've read... I dunno, I just kept thinking 'This show is for children?!'

Also, OHMYGODISTHATABRUSHABLEVINYLSCRATCHHOLYDONKEYBALLS THEYREALLYDOCAREANDASSUCHIWILLBUYSEVEN

Clicky Clicky!

That episode was great. Big Macintosh got a major speaking role. Too bad it was mushy and embarrassing.

Funny episode, but it felt like, in the end, nothing changed. Seems to be a problem lately with several Season 2 episodes. I miss the feel of Season 1 where it felt like all the characters were being built up more and more, a subtle kind of continuity that feels really genuine. I hope we can get back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deucey_Dee_Brawl View Post
    Interestingly enough, whenever I saw Cheerilee and Big Mac drawing really close to each other, I felt like the show was kind of on the brink right then and there. On the brink of what, I can't tell, but it felt like what happened next was very important to the show's future. Luckily, Hasbro took the "safe route".
    I had a similar feeling when that scene came up. I also had the presentiment that there was going to be a biiiiiiig let down for the CMC when I considered the show's discretion. I wasn't too flummoxed by the ingenuity of the producers managing to bring it back to a "child-friendly" level of entertainment.
    Powerpuff Girls equivalent: Keen on Keane (I'm going to start doing this whenever there's a clear match)
    Coming from someone who has been watching copious amounts of PPG over the last month or two, I can say this episode didn't parallel Keen on Keane by too many points. If you want me to explain, that can be done.
    Yeah, I'm on the edge about getting more ponies. I'm surely getting Applejack and Nightmare Moon (Nightmare Moon looks superb), but not much else for that. Maybe shirts and whatnot, but after the two thereof, I'd guess my pony-figure desires will be sufficed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawfulcopter View Post
    I... I'm really surprised that this episode is an episode of this show. I don't know why, it really is pretty innocent and kids-show appropriate, but all the fanfics I've read... I dunno, I just kept thinking 'This show is for children?!'
    Whether or not the show is for children digresses from anything fan made.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogerGeiger View Post
    That episode was great. Big Macintosh got a major speaking role. Too bad it was mushy and embarrassing.
    Not much more was made lucid about Bic Macintosh this episode, so I wouldn't take much from it about him. In fact, if you take away the scenes of impelled infatuation from the poison, he did not say anything aside from "Eeyup" and "Nope", to what I can recollect.
    Funny episode, but it felt like, in the end, nothing changed. Seems to be a problem lately with several Season 2 episodes. I miss the feel of Season 1 where it felt like all the characters were being built up more and more, a subtle kind of continuity that feels really genuine. I hope we can get back to that.
    This just wasn't one of the episodes you were looking for. Taking a peek at the synopsis for future episodes seems to hold a bit of hope for further extention of character profiles.

4Chan now has a /mlp/ section, as of yesterday night.
    Last edited by Zatch.; February 17th, 2012 at 07:42 AM.

Know my power ... in art. SonicStar23750's Avatar

Pinkie Pie, you have officially become the greatest songmaker in Equestria! Seriously, the 'Smile' song is just so cute, so uplifting, so ... so ... (to quote NCS) SO HAPPY! It made me smile; that's for sure.

What's this about no posts about the latest episode? Shame! I was ninja'd. Good, good.

I really liked it. Danger Doo was totally awesome, and I thought Rarity in a kimonoesque robe looked really- owait, wrong episode. *ahem*

This morning, Pinkie Pie once again took the spotlight, and rode on it like a rodeo champion. It was a nice touch shedding some light on Pinkie Pie's outgoing, "friends-with-everypony" demeanor. The song was catchy, and very uplifting; I could've been seething with anger and I'd still be smiling on the inside by the end of it. Who could hate such a pony? Of course, that's where Cranky Doodle Donkey comes in. Once Pinkie Pie bumps into him, the episode takes on the classic "meddling in other people's affairs" format (something practically exhausted by Spongebob Squarepants), with an also classic make-up-for-it ending. All in all, another great venture.

Now added to Pinkie Pie's arsenal: Welcome Wagon (Artillery Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Zatch. View Post
    Coming from someone who has been watching copious amounts of PPG over the last month or two, I can say this episode didn't parallel Keen on Keane by too many points. If you want me to explain, that can be done.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've been doing that since November of last year (coincidentally enough, starting on the 18th, the day that the show first debuted), and I watched Keen on Keane again just last night, and I there are some very notable similarities. Allow me to explain:

-The main characters of the episode are the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who just so happen to be the MLP:FiM incarnations of the three Powerpuff Girls
    -In the episode, the CMCs try to hook up their teacher with a similar-age male who's related to at least one of them in some way, and they do so by setting them up for a secret date
    -At first, the two see right through their plan, but, something happens, and they fall heavily for each other
    -Once in love, the two do a lot of mushy loveydove talk (Although, thankfully, Big Mac doesn't call Cheerilee cheesy quesadilla)
    -Their exaggerated relationship poses a problem for the three main characters, who brought them together in the first place
    -The two stop being lovey-dovey towards each other in the end

Sure, the details are different, but that's why Hearts and Hooves is not just a parody of Keen on Keane.

(I hope I'm using this right.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zatch. View Post
    4Chan now has a /mlp/ section, as of yesterday night.
    You mean it didn't have one all this time? Sounds likes typical political problem-solving to me.

EDIT: Alright, I have something awesome to show you guys. So, there I was, eating some large Sweethearts candies from Valentine's Day (aka Hearts and Hooves Day), and I noticed a very... interesting-looking one. When I realized what it looked like, I decided not to eat it, but take a picture of it, so it could last longer, FOREVERRRRR, in fact.

Tell me that doesn't remind you of somepony you know. Remember, this is a regular-brand Sweetheart candy.
    Last edited by Deucey Dee; February 18th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.

If you see this message, I came back to see everything. I miss this forum in the old days :c Vi's Avatar

This episode is now my favorite episode in season 2!!!
    it's just great, the song is at it's best, Pinkie has done it again, and THE POWER OF LOVE STAYS STRONG!!!!

And Derpy has magical teleporting and shrinking powers

WARNING: This post contains deep thoughts, insights, and philosophical analysis.

I think the best thing about the song "Smile, Smile, Smile" (Or whatever the title is) is that it's more than just another musical moment: It's Pinkie Pie baring her soul and showing us exactly who she is.

If you think about it, Pinkie Pie has come and gone farther than all of the other ponies in terms of character. She used to be an unfortunate, miserable young filly living in a dull environment. Then, one day, a big burst of color surged through the skies. One look at the Sonic Rainboom, and Pinkie Pie brightened up. She had discovered happiness, and after that, her first thoughts were, "I want to share this feeling with everypony! Everypony deserves to have something as wonderful as this!" So she started with her dear family, getting them to smile, and then moved on to spread joy in the world. This journey took her to Ponyville, where she made friends with everypony possible. Along came Twilight Sparkle, a studious socialite, and Pinkie Pie helped her to realize the Magic of Friendship. She also assisted in banishing the darkness that was Nightmare Moon, and bring warmth to Luna's heart. After that, she kept going, doing her best to cheer up even the most dismal of characters: an ignorant dragon, a cruel griffon, stuck-up ponies at a formal party, and now, a heartless mule. She's softened up the tenseness of a fierce competition between friends (Fall Weather Friends), tried her best to unite warring groups (Over A Barrel), made a believer out of Twilight (Feeling Pinkie Keen), and even solved huge problems by herself (Swarm of the Century).

Pinkie Pie, like the My Little Pony franchise as a whole, has come a long way, and has changed for the better. Sure, she has her moments when she is less than happy (excluding when she was forcibly transformed by Discord), but it is these moments that provide extra depth and help to glorify her as a character. Pinkie Pie is a perfect role model for all, and, personally, I think she is the crown jewel of Friendship is Magic.

Now, I don't want to cause trouble of any sort, but I do have a perspective that kind of relates to religion. I'm going to put it in a spoilerbox, so you don't have to read it if you don't want to. However, if you choose to read it, just keep in mind that it does kind of criticize religion a bit. I'm warning you now to keep this thread from going up in smoke with flame wars and debates arguing against what I'm going to say. This is just an analysis that I want to share with those who are willing to listen; I am not trying to "put down religion" or "start a Pinkie Pie-based religion" or anything like that, so please don't accuse me of malicious intent.

Spoiler: Pinkie Pie on a Religious Level 

Whew. Yet another essay from deep within.

WARNING: This post contains deep thoughts, insights, and philosophical analysis.

I think the best thing about the song "Smile, Smile, Smile" (Or whatever the title is) is that it's more than just another musical moment: It's Pinkie Pie baring her soul and showing us exactly who she is.

If you think about it, Pinkie Pie has come and gone farther than all of the other ponies in terms of character. She used to be an unfortunate, miserable young filly living in a dull environment. Then, one day, a big burst of color surged through the skies. One look at the Sonic Rainboom, and Pinkie Pie brightened up. She had discovered happiness, and after that, her first thoughts were, "I want to share this feeling with everypony! Everypony deserves to have something as wonderful as this!" So she started with her dear family, getting them to smile, and then moved on to spread joy in the world. This journey took her to Ponyville, where she made friends with everypony possible. Along came Twilight Sparkle, a studious socialite, and Pinkie Pie helped her to realize the Magic of Friendship. She also assisted in banishing the darkness that was Nightmare Moon, and bring warmth to Luna's heart. After that, she kept going, doing her best to cheer up even the most dismal of characters: an ignorant dragon, a cruel griffon, stuck-up ponies at a formal party, and now, a heartless mule. She's softened up the tenseness of a fierce competition between friends (Fall Weather Friends), tried her best to unite warring groups (Over A Barrel), made a believer out of Twilight (Feeling Pinkie Keen), and even solved huge problems by herself (Swarm of the Century).

Pinkie Pie, like the My Little Pony franchise as a whole, has come a long way, and has changed for the better. Sure, she has her moments when she is less than happy (excluding when she was forcibly transformed by Discord), but it is these moments that provide extra depth and help to glorify her as a character. Pinkie Pie is a perfect role model for all, and, personally, I think she is the crown jewel of Friendship is Magic.

Now, I don't want to cause trouble of any sort, but I do have a perspective that kind of relates to religion. I'm going to put it in a spoilerbox, so you don't have to read it if you don't want to. However, if you choose to read it, just keep in mind that it does kind of criticize religion a bit. I'm warning you now to keep this thread from going up in smoke with flame wars and debates arguing against what I'm going to say. This is just an analysis that I want to share with those who are willing to listen; I am not trying to "put down religion" or "start a Pinkie Pie-based religion" or anything like that, so please don't accuse me of malicious intent.

Spoiler: Pinkie Pie on a Religious Level 

Whew. Yet another essay from deep within.
    Wow Deucey, that was beautiful
    PINKIE PIE IS FOR WORLD PEACE....And friendship <3

BRONY FRIENDS! We must now use this as the new welcome to the herd
    Last edited by Vi; February 21st, 2012 at 07:42 PM.

This episode felt like it was written by Pinkie, not just starring her. Quite hyperactive.

Also, was anyone else reminded of the flannelgraph scene from King George and the Duckie?

It's just like the first time! Mariorulez14's Avatar

I'm coming out of my BitF coma to say...Huzzah we have a pony thread! I'm sad I wasn't alerted sooner.
    Story time: I was actually a bit hesitant to watch the show because hiveminds within friend groups that either thought that ponies were awesome or "the worst kind of people" (as one of my anti-pony friends said). But I did and I'm glad I did.Seen all the episodes so far, never been to /ponychan/ (although /mlp/ is pretty much the same thing), and I love me some emotional/sad art/stories (baww thread on /mlp/ for the best sad feels).
    And remember, no matter how you spell the others...it's never how you spell Pinkie Pie.

Frost Cavern, drowning in Vanillite hordes

Wait, have I not commented on A Friend In Deed yet? ASDF

Awesome episode. Awesome song. AWESOME EVERYTHING.

Smile Smile Smile is easily my favorite song now. Winter Wrap Up was good and used to be my favorite, but Smile Smile Smile really captures the essence of Pinkie's character so perfectly. I'm not exactly the most excited person in the world, and even I can't help but smile while listening to this song.
    I'll get a sig later

Quote Originally Posted by Mariorulez14 View Post
    I'm coming out of my BitF coma to say...Huzzah we have a pony thread! I'm sad I wasn't alerted sooner.
    Story time: I was actually a bit hesitant to watch the show because hiveminds within friend groups that either thought that ponies were awesome or "the worst kind of people" (as one of my anti-pony friends said). But I did and I'm glad I did.Seen all the episodes so far, never been to /ponychan/ (although /mlp/ is pretty much the same thing), and I love me some emotional/sad art/stories (baww thread on /mlp/ for the best sad feels).
    And remember, no matter how you spell the others...it's never how you spell Pinkie Pie.
    http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...dship-is-Magic this was actually the first thread, so we've had one for a while now. It was locked because, while the topic started off great, it quickly developed into chaos.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... yes ... T-3000's Avatar

Why would they do that to Derpy!? No! Just, no!

New voice, no derp in her eyes, no longer called Derpy...

Last edited by T-3000; February 25th, 2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Reworded it so it didn't sound like trolling
    Come to my

Or be my friend here
    ... or not...

It's just like the first time! Mariorulez14's Avatar

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...dship-is-Magic this was actually the first thread, so we've had one for a while now. It was locked because, while the topic started off great, it quickly developed into chaos.
    I really wish I had a "Discord Seal of Approval" picture, looks like he ravaged that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by T-3000 View Post
    Why would they do that to Derpy!? No! Just, no!

New voice, no derp in her eyes, no longer called Derpy...
    This happened because moms that have no knowledge of internet culture think that "derp" is a derogatory term for a mentally handicapped person. As much as I dislike the way that Hasbro handled it by "adjusting" Derpy in every possible way they could, the fans handled it a lot worse...death threats and all-around aggressiveness shouldn't be shown towards the people who make the show we love.

Thread Information