View Poll Results: Who's your favorite pony?

Voters
10085. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

8 0.08%
  • Applejack

3 0.03%
  • Rainbow Dash

12 0.12%
  • Rarity

5 0.05%
  • Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie

11 0.11%
  • Fluttershy

0 0%
  • Princess Celestia

10,001 99.17%
  • Princess Luna

2 0.02%
  • Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo

8 0.08%
  • Apple Bloom

1 0.01%
  • Sweetie Belle

2 0.02%
  • Scootaloo

0 0%
  • Zecora

1 0.01%
  • Big Macintosh

1 0.01%
  • Granny Smith

0 0%
  • Cheerilee

0 0%
  • The Mayor

0 0%
  • "The Great and Powerful" Trixie

2 0.02%
  • Lyra/Heartstrings

1 0.01%
  • Doctor Whooves

3 0.03%
  • Carrot Top/Godlen Harvest

0 0%
  • Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon3

4 0.04%
  • Octavia

8 0.08%
  • Spike :P

7 0.07%
  • Other

5 0.05%
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterM View Post
    interblag.

Also, today is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic's 3rd year anniversary! I love the image EqD posted:

Luna somehow managed to be both pretty and adorable at the same time. Celestia is more elegant then "cute".

Anyway, how did I came into pony? I came to see what "Spike with a mustache" was all about, and I stayed for the cute ponies, good animation, voice acting, and music. I... tolerated the writing on occasion.

Here's to 3 more years and beyond!

I love that episode. I need to rewatch it, considering the time of season...

BREAKING NEWS! The synopsis for the season 4 premiere has been revealed:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/1...-revealed.html

Spoiler: Image and Synopsis 

When I first read that, I thought it was awesome... then a thought occurred to me:

Spoiler: My Thoughts 

Well.

That escalated quickly.
    Spoiler: Click for full sig 

MORE PRESS REVEALS! We've got expanded synopsis's on the first two episodes, cast reveals, and a synopsis for the third episode!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/1...-expanded.html

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/1...episode-3.html

So get this, someone suggested in this MLP forum I went to that:

the castle in the Everfree Forest in the third episode will be the home of Princess Twilight's new castle.

If that were the case, I can say is...

BRILLIANT!

I mean, seriously, I can't get over how much of a clever move this is! Not only would Twilight rule in the Everfree Forest to keep it in check, but since the Everfree Forest is close to Ponyville, it gives the writers a good excuse for Twilight to stay in touch with her friends! If this is where they go, I'll applaud the writers and take back all the negative things I've said about them in the past!

Also, as you can tell from the cast reveal in the two-parter, apparently...

Discord's involved... Well, good, if it weren't for the suggestion that Twilight would rule in the Everfree Forest, this is where I'd say I'm officially intrigued and looking forward to this. See, I thought Keep Calm and Flutter On was a frustratingly average episode, and that it's average-ness would be mitigated by what they do with Discord after this. Really, that was one of the biggest questions I had about them reforming Discord: you're taking one of the most powerful enemies and turning him into a good guy; with his powers being what they are, how are you going to explain why every problem can't just be solved by going to him? Oh, and I sincerely hope they pull that "his magic isn't powerful enough/doesn't affect it" crap, I had a hard time believing that Celestia somehow managed to enchant the Elements of Harmony so Discord can't just take them, and if they try to pull that crap here... It'll be severely disappointing. After all, if he can't do whatever he wants, why did he seem so dangerous in the first place? Not to mention, why bring him to the side of good if you can't fully utilize him?

...So yeah, color me officially hyped and excited! ;D

Well, with all the wonderful fans, I doubt the writers would do that...

I wonder though, if Twilight is getting her own castle and doing "princess" things, how much will she be in the new season? I mean she's ostensibly the main character but if the show is focusing more on slice of life stories maybe Twilight won't be around as much. I mean I'd hate to see Twilight in the show less, she's my second favorite pony after all. I do think that keeping her close to Ponyville is most likely going to happen but still...I wonder...

I finally finished the third season and am waiting for the fourth. Season three finale was kind of weird to me. It felt like a TV movie pushed into 22 minutes. I still think the Gala is my favorite finale.

Season 4 episode 4 plot synopsis:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/1...episode-4.html

Part of me feels this episode will be another one of those formulaic episodes, because it feels like I've seen this premise played out before. Also, I find this premise rather interesting in light of
    being so aware that writers, in general, aren't allowed to take, read, or even look at ideas from the fans due to legal reasons. I wonder if that will be present in the show at all? Given what's come before, I feel like they're not going to do anything new or interesting and that the episode will be incredibly straight-forward, because that's usually how it goes with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. :-\

Also, I forgot about that in the comics, the author of Daring Do is none other then Twilight's mother... think the show will follow up on it?

5 days, kiddies...

HOORAY, MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC IS BACK! And the season 4 premiere?...

...I liked it. I felt really excited while watching it, and I feel like it's too soon to give a fully critical analysis about it, but at the very least, it wasn't COMPLETELY underwhelming, and there weren't any head-slappingly dumb moments like A Canterlot Wedding (which I still enjoyed, BTW). So, I'll just give some of my immediate first impressions of this two-parter.

WARNING! My spoiler tag contents LOTS OF TEXT! Don't bother opening it if you're not going to read (or at least skim) all of it! And don't bother complaining about it either, they're my thoughts and I wanted to get them out there. So yeah, you've been warned. Also, apologizes for any bad grammar and spelling errors, that seems to be a minor recurring thing with my long posts...

Spoiler: My Extensive First Impressions on Princess Twilight Sparkle 

Yeah, despite all I just said, I enjoyed this two-parter. It felt good, and really gave me hope for what's to come! Hopefully, others will feel the same...

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

The only thing I really didn't like about the story was the fact that there wasn't a new villain causing all of it. It just ended up being all
    Discord's
    fault.
    However, I think the locked box is going to be an interesting addition to the series (even though there have been multiple other TV shows with something like it). Im assuming each key will be found by a different main pony or something.

EDIT: I don't know if people have already seen this and I'm just late to the party but I found the name and a short plot preview of the next episode online.

Castle-Mania

While in Luna and Celestia's old castle, the ponies are convinced it is haunted by the Pony of Shadows.
    Last edited by Planetbox; November 23rd, 2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: So I didn't double post
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Quote Originally Posted by Planetbox View Post
    The only thing I really didn't like about the story was the fact that there wasn't a new villain causing all of it. It just ended up being all
    Discord's
    fault.
    However, I think the locked box is going to be an interesting addition to the series (even though there have been multiple other TV shows with something like it). Im assuming each key will be found by a different main pony or something.

EDIT: I don't know if people have already seen this and I'm just late to the party but I found the name and a short plot preview of the next episode online.

Castle-Mania

While in Luna and Celestia's old castle, the ponies are convinced it is haunted by the Pony of Shadows.
    People keep complaining about the lack of a villain. Honestly, I think this is great. It's better to have no villain then a poorly defined villain and not do anything with it, like with King Sombra.

And yeah,
    Castle Mane-ia... brilliant title, that!

I haven't seen that episode yet, but everyone seems to hate King Sombra. Weird.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

I haven't seen that episode yet, but everyone seems to hate King Sombra. Weird.
    I like King Sombra. I hate how we got almost nothing about him. We see him in the past, he's apparently a really powerful unicorn somehow, he comes back, says VERY few lines, and even then they might qualify as "Hulk Speak", and that's it... We also get nothing on his personality other then "he's evil".

I see. I'm still watching episodes in Season Two, but I'm almost to Season Three.
    Does anybody have any theories about what's in that box with six keyholes?
    OH MY GOODNESS!

I see. I'm still watching episodes in Season Two, but I'm almost to Season Three.
    Does anybody have any theories about what's in that box with six keyholes?
    I'd rather wait an be surprised... Because it really could be anything! I will say this: I'm HIGHLY intrigued to see where they go with this angle.

Same here. I'm wondering if they'll have each key be found by a different pony. I at least think there will be a reason that there are an equal number of keys as elements.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Same here. I'm wondering if they'll have each key be found by a different pony. I at least think there will be a reason that there are an equal number of keys as elements.
    I was just on another forum, and some guy smugly went "Let me guess: a key is going to show up whenever one of the mane 6 goes through character development?" That's a really cynical way of looking at it. And honestly, I wouldn't mind if that turned out to be the case.

As long as it's not like "OOO Yay I won the big apple harvesting contest and learned a valuable lesson!" POOF *Key*
    I'd prefer if they actually found them somewhere instead of it just popping up.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Weird, though... the chest just came out of a tree, do you think there's already keys that exist to unlock it? ...That'd be interesting if that was the case, it'd be like a big treasure hunt, which I can get down with, too!

That's what I figured would happen. Anyway here is the title and summary for Episode 3.

Daring Don't

Rainbow Dash and friends offer to help their favorite author finish her latest book.

Sounds like we get to meet the author of the
    Daring Do
    books.
    Last edited by Planetbox; November 24th, 2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: I messed up the spoiler tags
    OH MY GOODNESS!

I knew about the synopsis, AND I saw a screenshot from it, as well as clips from various promos, plus the cast for the episode.

I saw what the author looks like. It's funny, most people assumed it would be Twilight's mother, but take a good look at her... the eyes, the mane, the color of her coat... that is, her body color, not what she's wearing. Looks familiar, right? The episode might not go in the direction I was thinking but if it does... season 4 is the best thing ever!

I just saw the season 4 pilot. And all I can say is...

and at least they gave us a break with the musical numbers, I mean, sheesh

Finally saw the season 4 premiere. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Although Dededeman, I disagree
    I don't think Discord meant to forget who Fluttershy was. I think he was doing that to deliberately mess with the heads of the other mane 6. I really do see Discord and Fluttershy as friends and I think Fluttershy knows Discord likes to pull these sorts of stunts. He really is the MLP Loki but Fluttershy KNOWS he can be trusted. That's why at the end when she threatens their friendship he does help. I think, as Spike said, he just likes to get under people's skin. He loves chaos after all

All in all I really enjoyed it. Really liked the action scenes. As an AJ fan I was super pleased to see her kick some serious butt this time around.

Thread Information