View Poll Results: Who's your favorite pony?

Voters
10085. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

8 0.08%
  • Applejack

3 0.03%
  • Rainbow Dash

12 0.12%
  • Rarity

5 0.05%
  • Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie

11 0.11%
  • Fluttershy

0 0%
  • Princess Celestia

10,001 99.17%
  • Princess Luna

2 0.02%
  • Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo

8 0.08%
  • Apple Bloom

1 0.01%
  • Sweetie Belle

2 0.02%
  • Scootaloo

0 0%
  • Zecora

1 0.01%
  • Big Macintosh

1 0.01%
  • Granny Smith

0 0%
  • Cheerilee

0 0%
  • The Mayor

0 0%
  • "The Great and Powerful" Trixie

2 0.02%
  • Lyra/Heartstrings

1 0.01%
  • Doctor Whooves

3 0.03%
  • Carrot Top/Godlen Harvest

0 0%
  • Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon3

4 0.04%
  • Octavia

8 0.08%
  • Spike :P

7 0.07%
  • Other

5 0.05%
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

Saving Nippon, one Guardian Sapling at a time. ~Starlight13~'s Avatar

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
    over 9,000 votes princess celestia I think somebody hacked the poll.
    One of the mods did before retiring, yes.
    Me when I rage (pretend that the stick figure is playing MC/TF2):
    Me:
    Placeholder sig until I make a better one.

I'm here to CLEAN YOUR CLOCK! Kingsonnn Dededoo's Avatar

I see the correct pony is winning the poll. This is a very classy thread.

*sigh* Even taking out the MASSIVE amount of Celestia votes, AJ still gets no love.

I love Appejack, she is way I'm a brony well Rarejack is.

I really don't get the Rarejack pairing. Not trying to dump on anyone's opinion, but it just doesn't work for me. I mean I get the idea of opposites attract and all but they're just too different. hen they've tried to live in the other's world, so to speak, it never works. AJ tried to live in the fancy big city as a kid and she never felt right until she went back to the farm. When Rarity is playing with Sweetie Belle you see she hates the dirt and is just doing it for her sister. They're both totally out of their element in the other's element. I just don't see them being able to get over that.

Now Pinkie Dash. THAT'S an OTP ha ha.

I'm not agent any companion of the mane six, I currently support Flutterpie and Rainbow Sparkle but might I jump to Rainbow Pie. Apple Pie is the best name for a paring ever.

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

Hey, hey, hey, everypony! I'm back once again to offer my two bits (minus the shave and a haircut) on the show, and given how long I've been gone from this thread, and the forum in general, I have quite a bit of ground to cover. I figured I'll just start with a wrap-up of Season 3, and then move on to a review of the movie. Believe it or not, the movie is actually the reason for me coming here today to post.

Spoiler: Season 3 Wrap-Up 

Spoiler: Equestria Girls Review 

In conclusion, we had a good run with Season 3, and the movie more than made up for the season finale, which is actually pretty decent if you watch it more than once. But one thing's for sure: you gotta watch the movie! Put the stereotypes aside, fellow bronies! After all, that's how we came to be in the first place! Equestria Girls is an awesome movie, and watching it is a memorable experience worth getting in on!

A more detailed review of aspects of the movie may be provided later on, but I've spent enough time typing for now. I apologize if any or all of this post is... crappy. I didn't type this up in my "usual settings", meaning I'm in another state right now. Also, it's the 4th of July, so this was somewhat rushed.

EDIT: I almost forgot! If you do decide to watch the movie, stay during the credits. There's something so cool that I can't even give it away!
    Last edited by Deucey Dee; July 4th, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

Well, Deucey, thanks to Tvtropes, I know what that "suprise" is. Also, even though I saw it on youtube, it was, indeed, magical. Its not just for teenage girls, as people expected it to be. It was awesome, and I say that proudly.

EDIT: Also, yay! Its back up again!
    Spoiler: Click for full sig 

Uh, because there are already camera leaks flooding YouTube already, I decided to give Equestria Girls a shot. I'm not going to go in-depth about this, because honestly, I don't have much to say about the movie. I'm no movie analyzer or critic or anything, but I'll still go ahead and write about some thoughts.

Spoiler: spoilers obvs 

Still looking forward to season 4, whenever it comes out.

Hey so apologies for double posting, but we've got some big news emerging from SDCC2013!

Look! Some teaser animatics of some upcoming season 4 episodes!

First of all: whoa

Here's a quick break down of what we see here:

Spoiler: obviously spoilers 

In all, I am very much excited for what season 4 has in store. I can already tell this will be one hell of a different season, especially with the newly-inducted Princess Twi.

Hopefully things won't seem as rushed or half-baked this time around.
    ~Graphically Minded~

So here are my thoughts on the video:

Spoiler: Season 4 Animatics 

Also, here's a summary of what went down at the MLP panel, according to Equestria Daily:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/0...ain-panel.html

Here's also a summary from "The Round Stable", which has a little more detail:

http://www.roundstable.com/2013/07/2...feature-panel/

My thoughts:

Spoiler: Equestria Girls 

Spoiler: Season 4 

Spoiler: Q&A Section 

Spoiler: Brony Questions 

Well, those are all my thoughts... If anyone bothered reading all of them, thanks for that.

Well.

Spoiler: Clearly Spoilers 

PRETTY sure they're superheroes and not specifically Power Rangers.

Yeah, but still...

So has anyone seen this video? It's two guys, Anthony C and BronyCurious going over the two-part season 2 finale, A Canterlot Wedding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao9teQKuEo8

They just made a follow-up to it, showing how mos of the problems could have been resolved with one fix. And DigiBrony's here to help out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LwNNVaUko

Gosh, that song annoyed me with the auto-tune effect being so obvious. The analysis though, is all awesome!

I SERIOUSLY hope Meghan McCarthy watches these videos. I feel like a LITTLE more thought would make her writing so much better.

Sorry for the double post (it's not on page one, so I feel a little justified in bumping it), but there's a story I just had to share: Today, I was sharing TV Guide's "Top 60 Greatest Cartoons of All Time", and I got into the subject of He-Man. See, I casually mentioned how He-Man was kind of a stupid show in retrospect, and one guy took issue with that. I tried to explain that the show could still be entertaining, but that you have to acknowledge it's rather silly or absurd moments, but he was having none of that, and took every single comment I said as an insult... when not as an insult, really, the guy likes to "bust my chops" as it were, and whenever we "disagree" on something, it's typically just him thinking something's awesome and accepting no substitutes and me just being "eh, oh well" about it...

Then the subject of Friendship is Magic got brought up. And I have to admit, I did the entire fandom a disservice (if the fans didn't already do themselves an internal disservice, if you know what I mean... Don't play dumb, you know, EXACTLY what I'm talking about!). Basically, my friend was still upset about me apparently bashing He-Man, but I took issue with him because he thought I was exclusively talking about the old My Little Pony, comparing it to Rainbow Brite and whatnot. I tried to explain it to him, but he wouldn't let me get what I wanted to say out, and let me tell you guy, I may hate arguing and debating online, but I am even WORSE in real life! I was talking over him, losing my patience, and at one point, I even SHOUTED at him, and that was the point where he realized he had gone to far and backed off. I had also realized I had gone too far, and apologized repeatedly for losing my cool. He said he'd check out the new My Little Pony (I made sure to let him know I was SPECIFICALLY referring to Friendship is Magic), so long as I checked out the new He-Man (I didn't even know there was a new He-Man...).

Moments later, some of my other friends, who managed to overhear what went down, though I was upset with him and that he was being mean to me, though before I could explain what happened, he actually invited me away from them, to tell me that he actually saw the song sequence of "A True, True Friend", and actually LIKED it (to quote him, it "didn't bother [him] at all"); he loved the message of the song, and thought the song was really good, too. He especially liked Rarity's part.

Now I was actually a little touched by this, because not only did he immediately take the time to look up the show, but he apparently was convinced that I wasn't kidding that the show was good through my favorite song from the show! I apologized again for getting so antsy, but he also apologized because he only meant to poke at me, whereas he felt like what he did was punch me. We made up with a "man hug", and we're basically still cool now.

It's a story like the kind you'd hear a lot on the Internet, and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Oh, and that this post has relevant to the topic info, season 4 is set to premiere November 23. Mark your calenders... if anyone on this forum still cares.

I care... but no one else does.

I do not exist as you know it. I am words on a page. AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dang, this topic is inactive. Where I come from (on the Blockland forums), our pony topic is actually the longest topic on the forum. We tend to have maybe five active bronies at a time. Although to be honest I think we have fifty pages of douches trying to flame or troll us and getting banned for it.
    So yeah, I care.
    I actually have an anxiety disorder that prevents me from actually watching much of the show. I have a panic attack if I try to watch any sort of suspenseful fiction on TV or movies. I can take small snippets at a time, though, so that's what I settle for. Also the smile song on my ipod.
    A lot of our posting is also people posting their favorite artists too.

Specifically, our forum is a forum for a game. The pony topic has 167914 posts and 1919983 views. This is in addition to the older pony thread, which reached 999 pages before the original poster locked it to troll everyone and wound up banned on that account (for an unrelated offense) before he could unlock it.
    The real kicker is that the ENTIRE HELP SECTION only has 145358 posts. That's fewer posts in the entire help section than in the pony topic alone.
    It's hilarious.
    Last edited by YourBuddyBill; September 30th, 2013 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDX777
    I didn't give you permission to sig that.

I care too. I keep forgetting about this topic. Oddly enough I (a 27 year old male) don't have many friends into MLP. It's nice to see like minded bronies. Not ones who are dangerously obsessed with the darker corners of the fandom but people who genuinely just enjoy the show.

I'll have to hang around here more frequently.

Also Nov 23rd eh? I gotta finish season 3!

In the downtime in between seasons 3 and 4, I've been keeping up with the official comics by IDW, and they're definitely worth a read. They really expand upon the MLP universe and explore many adventures and character interactions that otherwise wouldn't be able to fit in a 22 minute time slot, even with a two-parter. I'm actually pretty excited to see the Equestria Girls comic that IDW is planning to do, which will explore some backstory about the mane 5 and possibly Sunset Shimmer and Flash Sentry, hopefully filling in the large plotholes the actual movie had.

So yeah, there's that.

Probably going to watch Season 4 when it arrives to see how it goes.
    ~Graphically Minded~

How ironic that despite MLP:FiM being literally THE biggest thing to ever change my life (besides being born, obviously), I have yet to say much of anything in any MLP threads!

...what should I say?

...uh...

...can't wait for season 4?
    |With sword in hand|
    |And courage in my heart|
    |I am...|

Quote Originally Posted by RLYoshi View Post
    How ironic that despite MLP:FiM being literally THE biggest thing to ever change my life (besides being born, obviously), I have yet to say much of anything in any MLP threads!

...what should I say?

...uh...

...can't wait for season 4?
    Its OK. We all felt awkward the first time we interacted with other bronies on the interblag.
    (Props if you get the reference)

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

As for me, I've just been inactive in general, what with things being somewhat hectic in the real world. I've only just recently begun posting again. Plus, not much has happened officially with the franchise since Equestria Girls, which I had already addressed in my last post in this thread.

That said, I am very anxious about the upcoming Season 4, and I wish it could come a lot sooner than 2 months, because I'm not sure if I'll be able to last that long.

In the meantime, I have a week to come up with a masterpiece to commemorate the 3rd anniversary of the show. For those of you who missed it, here's the one I did last year.

Aside from that, not much else, except maybe that I GOT A PICTURE WITH TARA STRONG! ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Oh, and 3 of the 8 memes I had posted in one day made it to the front page of My Little Brony, so that makes me feel accomplished.

How's everyone else been doing?

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

Thread Information