View Poll Results: Who's your favorite pony?

Voters
10085. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

8 0.08%
  • Applejack

3 0.03%
  • Rainbow Dash

12 0.12%
  • Rarity

5 0.05%
  • Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie

11 0.11%
  • Fluttershy

0 0%
  • Princess Celestia

10,001 99.17%
  • Princess Luna

2 0.02%
  • Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo

8 0.08%
  • Apple Bloom

1 0.01%
  • Sweetie Belle

2 0.02%
  • Scootaloo

0 0%
  • Zecora

1 0.01%
  • Big Macintosh

1 0.01%
  • Granny Smith

0 0%
  • Cheerilee

0 0%
  • The Mayor

0 0%
  • "The Great and Powerful" Trixie

2 0.02%
  • Lyra/Heartstrings

1 0.01%
  • Doctor Whooves

3 0.03%
  • Carrot Top/Godlen Harvest

0 0%
  • Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon3

4 0.04%
  • Octavia

8 0.08%
  • Spike :P

7 0.07%
  • Other

5 0.05%
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

If you see this message, I came back to see everything. I miss this forum in the old days :c Vi's Avatar

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    I'd actually say that the distinction between 'MLP: FiM fan' and 'brony' is the fanbase. For example: we don't call everyone who likes Star Trek a 'Trekkie'. We call them Trekkies when they're dressing up as Data and Worf and going to cons. I'd say that the same thing applies to bronies. If you just like the show, then you're a fan. If you're involved in the fandom, then you're a brony. And neither of these titles are inherently better or worse than the other.
    Well that's for sure I am a fan cause I like the show since it has good animation, jokes, character dev, and great story. I've seen bronies for who they are (such as: dressing up as ponies, owning mlp toys, write fan-fics, make art, etc.) and yet fans can do some of the stuff I said but it's very likely.
    Last edited by Vi; August 25th, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
    "Freeze!....Or don't, I don't care. "
    Spoiler: RAVE DANCE PARTY GO! 

A geology student on an adventure! OrangeOctopi's Avatar

I'd actually say that the distinction between 'MLP: FiM fan' and 'brony' is the fanbase. For example: we don't call everyone who likes Star Trek a 'Trekkie'. We call them Trekkies when they're dressing up as Data and Worf and going to cons. I'd say that the same thing applies to bronies. If you just like the show, then you're a fan. If you're involved in the fandom, then you're a brony. And neither of these titles are inherently better or worse than the other.

Also the poll really isn't a big deal. Like, at all.
    Thank you, that's just what I was trying to say, but not in as many words.
    Hey everybody it's not Chuggaaconroy!

Quote of the now-> Tony Stark: That man is actually playing Galga. He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did. -The Avengers

Games I love: Poke'mon Crystal, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, BanjoKazooie, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Harvest Moon 64, Paper Mario... and the list goes on.
    All Super Smash Bros. games are kind of a given.

I'm a Mormon, I'm a Christian. Mormons are Christians. Please get your facts straight.

And FYI, I'm a girl. Just so ya know.

My deviantART
    My FanFiction
    Blog of Adventure

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

But I thought that Faust disliked romances in little girl's shows, and actually thought that it was something that dragged down the genre in general? This is an interesting turnaround, to say the least.

And if this is legit then ten bucks says that 90% of fanfics after his debut (or only) episode will be focusing around murdering him for daring to get in the way of other ships.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

I found out that it was fake, so nevermind, sorry for accidentally building hype like that...

Know my power ... in art. SonicStar23750's Avatar

I'm sorry, but even though Shining Armor is my favourite male character in the series, he looks like a total goofball on the website.
    Spoiler: Picture in Question: 

artwork courtesy of Cyphir for the Cocoon Academy audio project

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

Today is the Second Anniversary of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and the thread hasn't even received any posts in the past few weeks? SHAME!

Well, here's what I have to offer for the occasion. (Link. Click.)

Also, a general release time has finally and officially been announced! Who here is as stoked as I am, if not more? Click here for more info.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

ATTENTION EVERYPONY! THE NEW YORK COMIC CON AS UNVEILED A NEW CLIP FROM THE SEASON 3 PREMIERE! BEHOLD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8hZnE3RJLM

"King Somber", huh? Nice name, I assume that he's the scary-looking pony found in one of those MLP games a while back...

Also, the crystal ponies... I like the litle whites in their eyes and how they look like crystals. They look pretty dramp, though, which probably makes sense, what with a ruler like "King Somber" and all...

Pinkie seems even MORE out there in this clip. Not to mention, her animations and movement... the animators really worked hard on it, I bet!

There's also more information, but unfortunately, I got this information from a MLP forum and I don't really have an official source, so please feel free to check on this:

*Official soundtrack release strongly hinted
    *The New Villain that we only have a picture of his head of is going to be named King Somber
    *Discord is 100% confirmed to appear again (In what way we don't know. Could be a flashback)
    *Meghan McCarthy all but confirmed the history of Celestia and Luna will be coming up (YES!!)
    *A possible visit to the Griffin Kingdom
    *More Manehtten
    *And all Season 3 songs that were shown back at Comic-Con are in the first episode. (I Wasn't Prepared For This and Crystal Faire)
    Last edited by DededeMan202; October 12th, 2012 at 08:22 PM.

So, Entertainment Weekly provides us with some screenshots from the season premiere:

Spoiler: Hidden if you want to avoid spoilers 

Alright, Shining Armor! :D

Also, a clip (which has a few extra seconds at the beginning, but is otherwise
    the original "Failure Song" we saw earlier this year at Comic Con
    ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP5cjRmRUJs

And get this, THE SEASON PREMIERE DATE! 10 AM on Saturday, November 10! Mark your calenders!

A geology student on an adventure! OrangeOctopi's Avatar

WOOHOOO! Exactly a month after my birthday! :D
    Hey everybody it's not Chuggaaconroy!

Quote of the now-> Tony Stark: That man is actually playing Galga. He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did. -The Avengers

Games I love: Poke'mon Crystal, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, BanjoKazooie, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Harvest Moon 64, Paper Mario... and the list goes on.
    All Super Smash Bros. games are kind of a given.

I'm a Mormon, I'm a Christian. Mormons are Christians. Please get your facts straight.

And FYI, I'm a girl. Just so ya know.

My deviantART
    My FanFiction
    Blog of Adventure

8-MINUTE PREVIEW!!!!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/1...v-crystal.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=004Q5YamFk0

HOLY &&&&! Guard pony with no helmet is awesome!

Also, Meghan McCarthy's writing this episode... Not sure what to make of that at this point. Celestia asked Twilight about a test? Applejack's right, she's taking this much better than usual. Then again, I'd be paranoid, too. After all, we weren't given any context to what this "test" is or what it's for. Not to mention, Spike should know better by now, but I guess he'll never learn. [size=2pt]Seems to be a growing trend in this series...[/size]

Library being uprooted, that was funny!

A new stained window for Shining Armor and Cadence's achievement... Like, do they get a new window for EVERYTHING that happens in Canterlot? I know the Changeling invasion was big, but surely there must have been OTHER big achievements in Canterlot's history... You'd think they'd run out of window space, is all I'm saying.

Looks like they realized that Luna should have a more important role in the series. Also, SHADING! Like, I was thinking how that exchange between Celestia and Luna was unusual, and I finally realized it. How often do you see actual shading in the series. Usually it's just either light or dark with very little shadows or shade. I like!

Crystal Empire and backstory. Some people hate having new information thrown at us like this. I'm more accepting of it since, you know, TV show based on a toy franchise. I'm more forgiving, given that I feel the writers probably did their best with what Hasbro gave them.

King Sombra seems so badass... I can't WANT to see this episode and how awesome Sombra is (comparisons to the previous antagonists seem inevitable, and I look forward to that, too).

&&&&! When Celestia's eyes when all evil like King Sombra's, I was all confused! But... Wait... Shadows... And this was a thousand years ago? I wonder...

Celestia has confidence... Luna, not so much... Makes me wonder... Also, "next level of your studies"? What could THAT mean?! GEEZ, so much to get hyped over!!! But wait, why Twilight? This seems to lead back to Celestia and this sort of "destiny" that Twilight has that Celestia seems to know about... And yet, Luna offered to go, so it can't JUST be up to her, could it?

Funny how this conversation has nothing to do with a test... Or at least not the test she was expecting... Makes the lines "I wasn't prepared for this" more meaningful and clear.

So much stuff to talk about... So much to get hyped over!!!

So the season 3 premiere has come a gone... All-in-all, I have to say... I'm... slightly disappointed.

NO, DON'T GET THE WRONG IDEA, I do love the episode, it was great, probably the most solid of the two-parters in my humble opinion, or at the very least, the one in which very few things got on my nerves. In fact, just to show how much I like it, I'll talk about the good bits first:

Firstly, the animation is excellent! It really DOES feel like an improvement over last season. Smoother, more expressions, more energetic, even in the details. I mentioned this with the first 8-minute sneak peek, but I noticed that there's a lotmore shading here then there was the previous season. It all just looks great!

Songs were great, even though there were only 3, 2 of which we already heard and the third being a reprise of the first one. I just love hearing the ponies sing... Oh, and the voice acting is as stellar as always!

Twilight using her wits and magic to figure out how to get the Crystal Heart was pretty brilliant! It's like the writers finally realized that "Hey, Twilight can use magic! Let's have her use it!" Not just teleporting but levitation, mimicking Celestia's dark magic to find the hidden chamber, but that gravity spell! It's just so awesome to see what Twilight can do!

I also like how Spike got his own stain-glass window, I guess he's going to go down in Equestria history now. I also like how he tried fighting off Sombra's crystals with his flames, that was badass!

Okay, so, now the stuff that... well, I didn't hate, there's nothing I really hate about this episode, just stuff that either left me wanting more or just perplexed me a bit...

First, not a bad or good thing, but I couldn't help but notice that in the Crystal Fair Anthem, they edited it so that Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy's lips down move, so it doesn't look like they're singing... Not sure why they changed that...

King Sombra... What. A. Freaking. Let-Down. Here you have a badass-looking villain, and we don't find out ANYTHING about him! You don't know who he is, where he came from, how he became king... He barely even TALKS in the two-parter. Just a few sentences then a "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" when he's defeated! He's treated more like an obstacle that needed to be overcome than an actual antagonist. Which is fine, I suppose, this is part of Twilight's test, but then again, characters are supposed to have, you know, character to them. I DID notice that when he was defeated, his horn remained and was blown away. Perhaps the writers aren't quite finished with him yet... If the tip of his horn slowly invading the Crystal Empire showed us anything is that he can survive even blown apart. Given how there's hope for a future with this series, maybe they will follow up on it. I'd rather see King Sombra return than Queen Chrysalis, honestly, because while she IS pretty cool herself, we basically found out everything we needed to know about her in her debut. With Sombra, there's just SO MUCH POTENTIAL that we didn't get out of this two-parter.

The "test" element was actually pretty crucial to this story, so it seems. At first I thought Twilight was overreacting to the idea of a "test", nor did I really think much of "in the end, it's up to you and you alone" from Celestia... turns out Twilight took BOTH those words to heart. Then again, I suppose it IS in her character to take the words of Celestia literally or misinterpret them. I was a LITTLE annoyed when Twilight assumed that the "test" was creating a research report to Shining Armor. Her giddiness was kind of funny, but it just felt dumb to me. I also thought it was weird that, even until the end, she, and even Spike and their friends, thought of the supposed "test", when I would have been more focused on, you know, an entire population being saved from this evil creature. Then again, I guess that was kind of the point, Twilight learned to put the needs of the many over her own personal problems. Also, the "next level of her studies" really intrigues me, and if the promos for this season are anything to go by, I'm guessing we'll see just what they are later on... That book Luna had intrigued me, too.

Also, was it just me, or did Rainbow Dash seem a bit too aggressive in this episode. Harassing the Crystal Ponies for information, scaring them away from the the fake crystal heart, it all just felt a little forced... Pardon the pun.

So, is Cadence to true heir to the Crystal Empire or what? I think she and Shining Armor stayed behind, I guess that's their new home from now on. That's cool, though I do feel bad we didn't get much development from either of them here. I don't know if that's a bad thing or a good thing, honestly, I love Cadence and Shining Armor, and it's not like King Sombra where we literally got nothing, but still, some people don't seem to like them for their lack of character, and I'd like to see a bit more out of them. Then again, there wasn't much else they could have done with them here...

I almost thought the slight wrinkle in the rug that Spike spotted was a chekov's gun, but I guess it was just a scene to show that Twilight didn't want Spike interfering. I guess Twilight was defaulting back on her loner instinct, mostly because she thought she had to do this by herself... Maybe this will teach her to not go in it alone, always make sure you have someone with you, just in case. Friendship and reliability are main themes in this series. Actually, that might have been another good point.

The Crystal Ponies... I honestly thought most of them were more appealing when they were depressed. When they lightened up, I didn't like how some of their manes looked. And when everybody was crystallized... Yeah, that looked pretty awesome, I suppose.

So... Yeah, that's pretty much all that's on my mind about the episode. Lot's of good stuff, no real downsides, just a little disappointed with the villain, or lack thereof. Of to a good start, if the promos didn't get me more excited as it is! Seriously, the mane 6 turning into fillies, those two horses with Celestia that actually look like real horses, and I swear I saw one where Pinkie turned herself into a G3 pony! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *excitementgasm*

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DededeMan202 View Post
    Of to a good start, if the promos didn't get me more excited as it is! Seriously, the mane 6 turning into fillies, those two horses with Celestia that actually look like real horses, and I swear I saw one where Pinkie turned herself into a G3 pony! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *excitementgasm*
    I know what you mean! And when I saw Pinkie Pie turn into a previous generation, my only thought was, "Pinkie Pie has just broken another dimensional barrier."

I, too, was a little let down by the lack of characterization for King Sombra. Although, of course, given that Twilight and her task were really the major focus of the episodes, King Sombra doing a villainous side-show would've detracted from that, so his dullness is at least justified. But I agree with you that there's a lot of potential, and I'm with you on hoping we see more of him later on.

Also, I think I see where they're going with this whole "test" and "higher level studies" thing. On Equestria Daily, I've caught wind of a rumor that the episodes in this season, as well as being fewer, will be connected into some general story arc. I believe that, if this rumor is true, then the story arc would most likely be
    Twilight's progression through these "higher level studies", and possibly
    her gradual coming to the fulfillment of an all-important prophecy that will eventually be revealed. Basically, I was thinking that maybe they were going the same direction as with Kids Next Door.
    [Heyyyyy, a spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler. Pretty cool, huh?]

Other than that, the pilot was great, though not as good as Season 2, and it was wonderful seeing everyone in character again.

Also, did anyone else feel wierd watching the pilot? I don't mean because of how it was, but just because of the fact that, after all this time, all this waiting, you were finally watching new episodes of FiM. It just felt so strange. Somehow, the closer and closer the time came to when the episodes began, the less and less I believed it. I don't know why, but I just felt like Season 3 would always be upcoming, like it would always be "around the corner", without ever really arriving. Time makes nuts of us all, I guess.

Also also, did anyone else stick around for the pilot of the Littlest Pet Shop show? My little sister owned LPS toys, plus it has some of MLP:FiM's makers, so we watched it. Below is a quick summary of my first thoughts (warning, very extreme):

Spoiler: Read if you Dare 

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

I had to work today, so I had to wait until after I got home to watch it. Luckily, my TV is set to record any episode of MLP that airs... or at the very least, the new ones.

Anyway, Too Many Pinkie Pies; it was a good episode. Nothing I really have to say that's bad about it.

I have to say, what I was most nervous about this episode was the idea that Pinkie Pie would come off as too obnoxious. And while it IS true that the main conflict of the episode is the fact that all those Pinkie Pies will get on everypony's nerves, it actually works. They made it clear that the Pinkie Pie clones aren't the same Pinkie Pie. Not only do they not have the same memories as the original Pinkie Pie, but they also don't have the same kind of restraints or attachments the original Pinkie Pie has. The Pinkie clones are all about fun, usually at the expense of everypony else. They can be pretty thoughtless, whereas the real Pinkie Pie realizes what a mess she's gotten herself into. In fact, it's funny to see that the original Pinkie Pie is the one that's mopey and concerned for everypony else. I like that, it's kind of a redemption for how she acted in A Friend in Deed... Or maybe it's because of A Friend in Deed that she's more considerate.

I also have to admit, when it comes to the "which is the real one" scenarios, I'm always nervous, since the show might throw a twist that the real one was actually destroyed with most of the copies. Hell, I'm still not entirely sure that the one left afterward is the real one, for all we know it could be one of the clones smart enough or patient enough to not fall for Rainbow Dash's balloon animal trap. But then again, the episode went to pretty great lengths to show that the real Pinkie Pie cares more about her friends then having fun, and that the rest of the Pinkie Pie clones literally don't have any self control whatsoever. Still, I always find myself second-guessing...

That book Spike found... That HAS to be important. I'm not saying that as a guess or a theory, I'm outright telling the writers this. You can't have something that's hidden away like that just as a throw-away thing to help Twilight out in this one episode. Not to mention, did they really need to make it so that Twilight didn't know anything about the Mirror Pond? If the book isn't going to be important, then why even bother having it hidden and making it so that Twilight was clueless in the first place? I also don't like how the book looks utterly generic, like you can look like any other book. I expect a book hidden away like that to have SOMETHING distinguishing about it.

Animation good as always, Pinkie Pie was extra cute in this episode... I liked the part where Fluttershy helped Pinkie Pie calm down with her butterflies! X3

Some other highlights:

-Those two other apple family members trying to raise the barn... I'm sure they were mentioned in the first episode, but could someone say who they were? Maybe they're early for the family reunion...
    -Fancy Pants cameo. Wonder what he's doing in Ponyville... and with that hat.
    -G3 Pinkie face... Would have been more awesome if the Hub didn't already spoil that in the ads for this episode... Also, they edited it for the commercial; she was doing in to Fluttershy and Rarity in the commercial, but to another Pinkie Pie in the episode proper.
    -Orange Frog... I wonder if that's going to be like Blinky, the three-eyed fish from The Simpsons, and we're just going to randomly see it every now and again.
    -Paint drying... Surprisingly intense. Reminds me of that one episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, where Billy was watching paint dry...
    -Big Mac, Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Winona all gathering the Pinkie Pies, it was awesome.
    -The Pinkie Pies themselves were cute, the way they bounce around, dancing, saying "Fun" all the time! :P
    -Pinkie clone growing fingers... That's some *bleep* I'd expect from HotDiggedyDemon, yet here it is, in an actual episode of the show. If people though G3 Pinkie face was creepy, THIS... I don't even know where to begin!
    -Dave Polsky wrote this episode... The guy who wrote Over a Barrel, which I really did NOT like, and Feeling Pinkie Keen, the worst episode of the FiM series EVER, wrote an episode that I actually kind of enjoyed. Life's fully of surprises.

Maybe it's because I can fast-foward through the credits, but I found this episode surprisingly short, and with little to talk about. I like it, in that I don't have anything negative to say about it, but I don't know, I can't see myself adoring this episode either... Maybe I'll give it some time, let it see if it grows on me.

Well, I watched this show and... I actually like it. Why? Well, I had help in the form of many YouTube videos and friends. The animation looks great compared to other shows today, and I find it rather funny. But then there are some points in the show that I remember I'm watching a shows for little girls. I feel quite awkward now
    "I won't give up now!"~ Phoenix Wright (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3)

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sonics View Post
    Well, I watched this show and... I actually like it. Why? Well, I had help in the form of many YouTube videos and friends. The animation looks great compared to other shows today, and I find it rather funny. But then there are some points in the show that I remember I'm watching a shows for little girls. I feel quite awkward now
    Ah, don't be, we all love ponies here for one reason or another. It might not be perfect, but it's filled with so much goodness.

Hey look it's Pac-man! Your day is now ruined. Cerd's Avatar

The season finale of the third season premiered today.
    The episode was... good. A little bit too rushed, and I can't help but feeling that it would be better for series finale instead of just the season finale.

Anyway, a lot of stuff has been happening with the franchise lately such as the announcement of a movie with humanized version of the characters and the cancellation of Fighting is Magic because of Hasbro, what is your opinion about all of that?

"Don't mind me, I'm just here being silly..."

click on my non-existing pokemon eggs and you will gain imaginary internets!

And now for something real:Here is my steam

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

actually, given that Fighting is Magic might still be being made with original characters designed by Faust, I'm pretty excited to see it continue.

I think it's pretty cool that Faust found a way to make it up to the group who worked so hard on a labor of love.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd View Post
    The episode was... good. A little bit too rushed, and I can't help but feeling that it would be better for series finale instead of just the season finale.

Anyway, a lot of stuff has been happening with the franchise lately such as the announcement of a movie with humanized version of the characters.
    Woah, how did I not hear about this? Upon just hearing it I assumed it would just be a fanimation but I seems it is a legitimate article. Interesting! I don't understand fans automatically denouncing it, they seem to be awfully sensitive if the season finale was any indication. But I look forward to seeing how they deal with it, along with if there will be a change in setting given the name Ponyville obviously doesn't fit.
    Spoiler: Geno's Codes and Things

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

actually, given that Fighting is Magic might still be being made with original characters designed by Faust, I'm pretty excited to see it continue.

I think it's pretty cool that Faust found a way to make it up to the group who worked so hard on a labor of love.
    Problem is that there's been a lot of shuffling around in the positions at Mane 6 - I've heard a few people quit, and thus they're disorganised as it is. It's not /quite/ as simple as changing the arts and animation - especially since that takes a lot of time and effort to change.
    Home with the milk in the morning / Singing the same old song
    ---
    ---
    ---
    It really does not matter what you are called, or where your work is placed, as long as it brings some kind of joy to some person some place.
    - Charles M. Schultz -

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd View Post
    I have no idea why people keep saying this. The episode was a letdown already. As a season finale, it was merely a really lackluster episode, a series low point. If it were the series finale, though, it would have been beyond disappointing, especially because of how good this episode could have been if it weren't so obviously rushed.

Anyway, a lot of stuff has been happening with the franchise lately such as the announcement of a movie with humanized version of the characters and the cancellation of Fighting is Magic because of Hasbro, what is your opinion about all of that?
    Equestira Girls... ugh. I'm not going to say it couldn't be done well, but there's so many factors that could completely destroy any chance it has at being good. Namely, if this is what the actual show will look like:

I can't even stand to look at this, much less watch 22 minutes of it! No matter how good the writing is, with "art" like this, Equestria Girls will get nowhere. All that said, though, we have literally no information on the show, not even that it exists yet (there's been no confirmation from Hasbro, and there's fairly substantial evidence that the magazine that reported it was faked), so the only answer is to wait and see.
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

I'[ll be honest, I didn't like this new episode too much, It felt rushed, There were a bit too many songs, everyone was out of character for half the episode (I know they have opposite cutie marks, but it irked me, Only Rarity seemed the same) and then the thing I disliked the most was how they made Twilight an alicorn. Really? Twilight was already extremely powerful but now she might as well be god! And that means there are technically SIXTEEN royalties in Equestria! (Twilight, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor, Chrysalis, Sombra, Blueblood, Discord, Twilight's parents and the other elements of harmony) How many rulers do they need? Bottom line, this is my least favorite episode of the season, there was so much missed potential. Also Twilight is a princess now, wasn't she already royalty due to being Shining Armor's sister?

Also I did here about the humanized (Anthro to be more specific) pony show, It doesn't catch my interest, fortunately it's just a spin off, not part of the main series, I'll probably watch an episode for curiosities sake, and see if I like it or not. Although I REALLY hope they don't resort to using only the mane six and princesses, I would like to see old faces return such as The Flim Flam Brothers, Iron Will, Prince Blueblood, Fancy Pants, and others. Also since it is based around high school supposedly I'm interested to see how they take regular high school situations (Parties, Romance, Cliques, Bullies, and the not likely drugs and alcohol) I'm not sure what to think yet.
    Spoiler: Gpx an other stuff maybe 

^^ OMG JSG IS AWESOME!!!

Spoiler: An average L4D game... 

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...ighlight=Aisle my Sprite Shop.pretty good.check em out.

Hakuna Matata~

Hey look it's Pac-man! Your day is now ruined. Cerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snickerway View Post
    I have no idea why people keep saying this. The episode was a letdown already. As a season finale, it was merely a really lackluster episode, a series low point. If it were the series finale, though, it would have been beyond disappointing, especially because of how good this episode could have been if it weren't so obviously rushed.
    Okay, I will admit the episode had lots of problems that could be solved by simply being a two-parter. There is also the fact that the episode clearly is different halfway through it, so maybe it was supposed to be a two-parter but it was forced to be only one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Snickerway View Post
    Equestira Girls... ugh. I'm not going to say it couldn't be done well, but there's so many factors that could completely destroy any chance it has at being good. Namely, if this is what the actual show will look like:
    Spoiler:  

I can't even stand to look at this, much less watch 22 minutes of it! No matter how good the writing is, with "art" like this, Equestria Girls will get nowhere. All that said, though, we have literally no information on the show, not even that it exists yet (there's been no confirmation from Hasbro, and there's fairly substantial evidence that the magazine that reported it was faked), so the only answer is to wait and see.
    It's not going to be a series, it's going to be a direct to TV movie that, depending on how it goes, might lead to a series. What bothers me the most is that they have the same skin color of the pony counterparts, but if they make it right, that can be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chomp View Post
    And that means there are technically SIXTEEN royalties in Equestria! (Twilight, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor, Chrysalis, Sombra, Blueblood, Discord, Twilight's parents and the other elements of harmony) How many rulers do they need? Bottom line, this is my least favorite episode of the season, there was so much missed potential. Also Twilight is a princess now, wasn't she already royalty due to being Shining Armor's sister?
    I might not be very knowledge about how royalty works, but let's go ahead and analyze what you've just said. Celestia and Luna rules over the entire Equestria, what os like an entire continent. Cadance and Shining Armor rules over the Crystal Empire what is actually more like a city-state inside of Equestria. Chrysalis is the ruler of the changelings and not actually from Equestria. King Sombra is DEAD. Blueblood is a distant relative from Celestia and therefore connected with her royal family. Discord was the ruler of Equestria but deposed by Celestia and Luna. And I have no idea how Twilight's parents and the others elements of harmony could be considered a royalty

"Don't mind me, I'm just here being silly..."

click on my non-existing pokemon eggs and you will gain imaginary internets!

And now for something real:Here is my steam

Well geez... I'm glad to see people have finally started posting on this thread again... I don't want to be caught double posting, but especially don't want to be posting if I'm the only one talking.

So a LOT of stuff has happened with me and MLP, a lot of headaches, a lot of insightful introspection, a lot of analysis... but I don't really want to talk about all that in the face of the finale... Like, seriously, I didn't think I'd get this far... I'd like to look at this episode as if it were the last in the series, even though I know season 4 is on the way. I've actually got goosebumps in watching it... It's almost too intimidating to just sit down and watch... but here it goes... And I'm typing as I watch, so pardon me if this comes off as really long.

A musical number! And it all looks so pretty and gorgeous... production value for this episode is already high! It's times like this where I can't understand why anyone would hate Daniel Ingram's music, this is just so good!

And God DAMN I just love Twilight's singing voice. Rebecca Shoichet, I freaking love you for this song!

I like the callback to the Sofa & Quills shop. :P

You know, I WOULD talk about how nopony seems to mind Twilight getting up on a table and dancing... But she's talking about how everything's going swell in Ponyville and how everything's so pleasant, and that she thinks nothing bad can happen. Well... I dunno, how many times has Ponyville been devastated/destroyed by this point?

Not to mention, this song just seems so bittersweet... with the knowledge of what's going to happen to Twilight in my head.

So, at first, I thought it was weird that the only thing different about the mane 6 is that their cutie marks are different... But apparently, they have no memories of their lives prior to swapping cutie marks. Now THIS makes a whole lot more sense then them simply doing "what their cutie mark is telling them". SPEAKING OF WHICH!

Man, songs back-to-back. I get the feeling the lack of songs this season was just to build up to this one episode!

Wait, what's Gummy doing with Rainbow Dash? Perhaps... Pinkie Pie never got him as a pet, because of this cutie mark-swap?! Weird... Makes me wonder, if their "destinies" were swapped, how come everything is still relatively the same? Outside of, you know, everything becoming a disaster this very day.

Vinyl Scratch is at the party! Weird to see her not DJing it up.

lol, I like how Pinkie now has a Southern accept... And in case no one heard me before, I love the return of the Pinkamena hair. Not just because I, for some reason, like seeing her straight-haired, but also because it makes perfect sense, given her cutie mark story.

I also have to say, seeing the cutie marks on the different ponies... It feels so strange. Like, it doesn't look right at all. The sooner this is fixed, the better.

Rarity's singing voice is weird here... Like Kazumi Evans is a good singer and all, but it just doesn't sound like Rarity. :/

...Wow, Twilight sure figured out what the problem was pretty quickly... Not to mention, why did she assume today was going to be fine when she was still concerned about that unfinished Starswirl the Bearded spell? Not to mention, Twilight's as rude as ever to the postmen of Ponyville, constantly slamming doors in their faces.

ANOTHER song! I have to say, I like this new musical style, where it's back-to-back songs! This one is also pretty good! Like, it doesn't even sound like it's from MLP! It's like something you'd hear on... I dunno, the radio, or in the credits of a Disney movie or something! It's awesome! And depressing... Their new destinies is only causing nothing but trouble, not just to them personally, but to all of Ponyville...

So apparently... Just like the "spark" used to activate the elements of harmony when Twilight realized the mane 5 were her friends, and like those letters she's been writing reminded her of what that friendship meant to her... Now she knows what to do? Because she knows all this stuff about friendship, and thus can fix this... Right? I dunno, looking at that picture of her friends, it somehow came to her.

Wow, looks like Twilight caught Fluttershy just in time! But wait, why is she renting a balloon? Can't she just fly there? Is that small bag really too heavy for her to just carry there?

Oh wait, now I get it! Even though their "destinies" have been switched around, their personalities are still the same, so Fluttershy still knows what Rainbow Dash is like, and thus is willing to help her!

Oh WOW! Twilight really has impeccably timing! Like, Rainbow Dash was about to get eaten?! Geez, I shudder to think how things would go if Twilight was delayed in her realization!

I can't get over that that gigantic bear is just sitting there with the rest of those animals.

I like how Fluttershy was the first to be turned back to normal... I don't know why, I just love Fluttershy so much!

Oh good, another song! Good thing, too... Wait, are we just going to skim over the rest of the mane 6 through this song? Well, this makes it even BETTER that Twilight came to Fluttershy first!

I'm so glad everypony gets a chance to sing. I love it when the ponies sing!

Although, part of me has to wonder... Isn't Rainbow Dash's special talent flying and going fast? I guess it's a good thing she did so while fixing the weather... And isn't Rarity's special talent gem-related? Well, I guess fashion is her passion... in addition to diamonds. It's also weird that the Apple Family apparently had no problems with Applejack leaving the farm to pursue her "destiny" which she isn't good at at all...

You know, this episode is a lot better when you don't think about it that hard. Not that it's bad when you overthink it, but it's complicated...

The Pinkie Pie portion of the song feels reminiscent of the Smile song from A Friend in Deed... come to think of it, the song itself is reminiscent of the title of that episode.

The end of the song makes it feel like it belongs at the end of the episode... But we're not done yet!

Oh, another spark... You know, if this WAS the very last episode of the series, I'd say this would be a very fitting end.

Oh... dang... this weird dimension thing... This is NOT something I would have EVER expected to see out of this show. Such a strange feeling... a feeling deep inside. A feeling I can't hide...

Oh no.

OH YEAH, Celestia! I like what she said about Starswirl the Bearded. Even though we haven't seen him, he DOES strike me as the type who wouldn't understand friendship...

Celestia singing... Wow... That's all I can really say.

God DAMN, this should have been the series finale! This is just too perfect an ending for there to be a continuation! DX

I like this clip-show... mostly because I just love watching this show in general, mostly for the visuals. In fact, seeing this ending makes me feel bad about ever bad-mouthing this series.

I think it's awesome to hear alicorn mentioned in-universe by the ponies. Yeah, there was the amulet, but this feels more official.

Oh... &&&&... Celestia... BOWING to TWILIGHT?! Jumping Jiminy, even though I knew the princess thing was coming, I didn't think she'd actually do this! And look at that, the other mane 6 are also bowing. Like I said, she's going to be treated differently from now on... Talk about awkward.

Somehow, I get the feeling they're going to divulge into that aspect, as well as the whole "will see permanently leave Ponyville, how will this effect her friendship, etc." with season 4... I'm looking forward to that!

Oh... Geez, that crown looks a little goofy on Celestia. Luna also looks kind of weird (but pretty) dressed like that.

I love the mane 6's outfits. And their hats! XD

Oh, Twilight's parents... Somehow, I feel like they should be more ecstatic than this... Like they should be going "SWEET CELESTIA, HOLY COW, OUR DAUGHTER'S A PRINCESS, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!" Kind of underplayed here...

Oh, and she even gets her own entry song. Man, if this was me, I don't think I'd be able to handle all this! Hell, I'm still now sure I'm able to handle all this happening to Twilight!

...Also, I can't help but still wonder... What does being a princess entail? Again, looks like we're going to have to wait until season 4 to hear for sure... Dang it!

Wait, what the Hell? Cadance's hair was all dolled up like it was in the previous episode just a short while ago, and now it's back to normal? I was also wondering when Shining Armor was going to show up.

There's the final song... Okay, now everypony in Equestria HAS to know who Twilight is by this point. And hopefully her friends. I don't know why I'm still annoyed by that aspect, I feel like I should be happy! This ending is just so grand, it makes me feel so happy, I just don't know how it could get any bet-

OH MY GOD, IT'S DERPY AND SHE'S CROSS-EYED!!! It took me a few re-watches, because I was distracted by that adorable skip the mane 6 did, but holy cow, that's just... I don't even...

I also see Lyra hopping up and down in the crowd! Glad the animators took notice of that and threw it in here! And she's next to Bon-Bon, too!

"Everything is just fine." Somehow, I doubt that... Damn my cynicism, but after all, if there's going to be a season 4, there's going to be new threats and encounters...

Speaking of encounters, if this really WERE the last episode of the series, I'd have to say that this makes Discord's reformation even more pointless, since he wasn't in this episode. I just couldn't help but notice that... In fact, there are so many things that I want the series to address in season 4, but now I'll have to wait...

GAH, way to have a season finale completely rock my mood and make me feel weird emotions! :'(

Well, its been 4 months since anyone posted here so may as well post these...

Wow. Just... Wow.

Double wow.

Holy crap, these are just... EPIC.
    Spoiler: Click for full sig 

over 9,000 votes princess celestia I think somebody hacked the poll.

Thread Information