View Poll Results: Who's your favorite pony?

Voters
10085. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

8 0.08%
  • Applejack

3 0.03%
  • Rainbow Dash

12 0.12%
  • Rarity

5 0.05%
  • Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie

11 0.11%
  • Fluttershy

0 0%
  • Princess Celestia

10,001 99.17%
  • Princess Luna

2 0.02%
  • Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo

8 0.08%
  • Apple Bloom

1 0.01%
  • Sweetie Belle

2 0.02%
  • Scootaloo

0 0%
  • Zecora

1 0.01%
  • Big Macintosh

1 0.01%
  • Granny Smith

0 0%
  • Cheerilee

0 0%
  • The Mayor

0 0%
  • "The Great and Powerful" Trixie

2 0.02%
  • Lyra/Heartstrings

1 0.01%
  • Doctor Whooves

3 0.03%
  • Carrot Top/Godlen Harvest

0 0%
  • Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon3

4 0.04%
  • Octavia

8 0.08%
  • Spike :P

7 0.07%
  • Other

5 0.05%
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

Quote Originally Posted by DededeMan202 View Post
    ...Why on Earth would anyone criticize you for that?
    Oh wait, I'm thinking of members of the youtube oppurtunity in this very community, BiTF is much friendlier...

Also I notice something, is it me or does Candence look an awful lot like a grown op Diamond Tiara? Maybe the Queen of the Changelings is DT's mother. Speaking of the Changlings they reminded me a lot of Dusknoir and his Sabelye in PMD2.

Also Vinyl Scratch's eyes are finally revealed, and their Magenta... Vinyl is even more awesome now... and good news from that, the war of her eye color is over but the bad new, now the war of weather it's purple, red, pink or any other shade of war has begun.
    Spoiler: Gpx an other stuff maybe 

^^ OMG JSG IS AWESOME!!!

Spoiler: An average L4D game... 

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...ighlight=Aisle my Sprite Shop.pretty good.check em out.

Hakuna Matata~

OH WAIT, all this talk about love just reminded me of something. I thought of this last night and I can't believe I didn't bring it up until now!

...Ironically, Chrysalis was defeated by the very power she and her kind feed on.

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBox View Post
    I've always been against characters having the ability to get people to love each other because, regardless if the feelings were there to begin with and they're just helping to bring them out or something, that's frickin' brainwashing. Its forcing two people to think a certain way in order to mask some happiness, the problem isn't solved, its just swept under a rug in a fresh wave of enamoredness. And that's creepy and wrong. This is also what I had against the first episode as Luna was kind of hit with the friendship cannon, but she gets a pass as to the fact that we don't really know the true nature of Nightmare Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to think her love shenanigans were creepy.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, take it easy, guys. Let's not over-analyze the situation and forget crucial points. Remember, Cadence is a very kind-hearted character, so she wouldn't just force anyone into love. The spell she casted wasn't elaborated upon, but it would most likely have a less drastic effect than a forced change of mind. Also take into account that the pony universe has a different atmosphere from reality, so their kind of love is more... what it's supposed to be. As in, quarrels are quarrels, and not total schisms in relationships.

Also, Luna wasn't forced to reunite with Celestia. The "friendship cannon" simply took away her dark powers, as Luna clearly mentions in Luna Eclipsed. She didn't just come out a loving sister again. She was nervous and guilty, and Celestia tried to relieve and comfort her. Note how it took Luna a moment to gather the courage to rejoin Celestia. This indicated that she personally made the change, and was not forced into it.

Remember, when analyzing things like these, you can't use real-world standards to evaluate them, because things are more straightforward in MLP:FiM (the way they should be).

...Ironically, Chrysalis was defeated by the very power she and her kind feed on.
    Well, it's not exactly the same. Chrysalis was feeding on Shining Armor's love for Cadence, which was being directed at her because she was disguised as Cadence. This was one-way love, because Chrysalis didn't have feelings for Shining Armor. Once the real Cadence resparked the love between her and Shining Armor, the resulting magic was based on two-way love, known as true love, which is much stronger and more fortified. Chrysalis couldn't feed off of it because she was no longer part of the connection, and the connection of true love cannot be broken or penetrated.

She was stealing Shining Armor's heart, but once it was connected to Cadence's heart, she could no longer draw from it.

Geez, you guys, don't you know your stuff?
    Last edited by Deucey Dee; April 23rd, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

Quote Originally Posted by Deucey_Dee_Brawl View Post
    Well, it's not exactly the same. Chrysalis was feeding on Shining Armor's love for Cadence, which was being directed at her because she was disguised as Cadence. This was one-way love, because Chrysalis didn't have feelings for Shining Armor. Once the real Cadence resparked the love between her and Shining Armor, the resulting magic was based on two-way love, known as true love, which is much stronger and more fortified. Chrysalis couldn't feed off of it because she was no longer part of the connection, and the connection of true love cannot be broken or penetrated.

She was stealing Shining Armor's heart, but once it was connected to Cadence's heart, she could no longer draw from it.

Geez, you guys, don't you know your stuff?
    You make it sound like it was obvious.

But yeah, that does make sense.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Whoa, whoa, whoa, take it easy, guys. Let's not over-analyze the situation and forget crucial points. Remember, Cadence is a very kind-hearted character, so she wouldn't just force anyone into love. The spell she casted wasn't elaborated upon, but it would most likely have a less drastic effect than a forced change of mind. Also take into account that the pony universe has a different atmosphere from reality, so their kind of love is more... what it's supposed to be. As in, quarrels are quarrels, and not total schisms in relationships.

Also, Luna wasn't forced to reunite with Celestia. The "friendship cannon" simply took away her dark powers, as Luna clearly mentions in Luna Eclipsed. She didn't just come out a loving sister again. She was nervous and guilty, and Celestia tried to relieve and comfort her. Note how it took Luna a moment to gather the courage to rejoin Celestia. This indicated that she personally made the change, and was not forced into it.

Remember, when analyzing things like these, you can't use real-world standards to evaluate them, because things are more straightforward in MLP:FiM (the way they should be).
    I was speaking about the kind of power to create love between two people as viewed in media as a general, but we must understand that Equestria is similar to our world, just much more lighthearted, friendly, love-filled and magical, etc.
    But the point I'm trying to make is based around several hypotheticals.
    What if the relationship wasn't meant to be, what if these are two ponies who fell in love due to the general lovey atmosphere of the place, but actually have very little chemistry. Performing a spell on these two, not knowing their situation is very uncalled for and just delays the inevitable.
    Or, if as you say it is just a minor disagreement, what has been solved? She simply moves the argument out of the couple's eyes and their love is renewed and such, what is stopping them from going home, remembering the argument and everything starting up again.
    And finally, what business is it to Cadance what couples do or how they behave with one another? If she ends up helping a couple that's great, but she is tampering in the lives of complete strangers without knowing context or consequences.
    Equestria, Sugar Bowl that it may be, is clearly not devoid of problems.
    As for the Luna bit, yeah I you're right.
    That was heavily influenced by thoughts I had upon originally watching the episodes for the first time.
    But my thoughts on Cadance still stand.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, a small tidbit that I don't think anyone posted here. Its pretty interesting and Daniel Ingram confirmed it later,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwuhlu
    There was actually a double meaning in A Day Aria. The song is in the key of Db Major (just like winter wrap up!) . That means that the root chord is a Db major chord. Usually, a Ab major chord will lead into a Db major. This is the V-I chord progression and it is also known as the Authentic Cadence (stick with me here). Now, it seems to resolve to a sadder chord at the end of the phrase. Instead of ending on Db major around 1:16, it lands on Bb minor: the relative minor of Db major. Now, when a chord progression seems to be heading to the root chord but lands on the relative minor instead, that is called a...
    Deceptive Cadence
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

What if the relationship wasn't meant to be, what if these are two ponies who fell in love due to the general lovey atmosphere of the place, but actually have very little chemistry. Performing a spell on these two, not knowing their situation is very uncalled for and just delays the inevitable.
    Well, that's the thing with the world of child-friendly media: love wouldn't happen without a reason, so these two would have chemistry between them, and the argument would be like a little bump in the road.

Or, if as you say it is just a minor disagreement, what has been solved? She simply moves the argument out of the couple's eyes and their love is renewed and such, what is stopping them from going home, remembering the argument and everything starting up again.
    Well, perhaps it is solved after she brings them back together. Oftentimes, in a conflict between two people, when both sides change over to a positive mood, they ease up and manage to reach at the least a suitable compromise, thus ending the conflict.

And finally, what business is it to Cadance what couples do or how they behave with one another? If she ends up helping a couple that's great, but she is tampering in the lives of complete strangers without knowing context or consequences.
    Equestria, Sugar Bowl that it may be, is clearly not devoid of problems.
    While you do have a valid point, you need to remember a few things, the first of which being that Cadence was with a young filly at the moment. She was just setting a good example to young Twilight in spreading happiness to others (Twilight was too young to have interpreted it as reckless meddling). Even if no world is without problems, that's not what you should emphasize to children of a young age. Imprinting cynicism on an underdeveloped mind can not be good for their psychological growth.

Also, you shouldn't give Cadence such a hard time about it. Even if she was interfering in others' relationships, she was doing it for a good cause. People often incorporate themselves into situations in which they are not concerned for the sake of making them better. It's not an uncommon thing, even in our world. Besides, given the age proportion, Cadence herself was fairly young at that time, perhaps young enough for the knack for trying to help even when it isn't her place.

Now, I feel I should address what is perhaps the main point of your argument.

I was speaking about the kind of power to create love between two people as viewed in media as a general
    I agree with you that generating love is questionable, but, in the first place, that is not what Cadence is doing. She is not adding anything, she is simply shining some more light on something that is already there; a little nudge, if you will. Though the visual effect would say different, it can be considered that the heart was a way of indicating the general nature of Cadence's spell, not particularly what she was doing specifically.

The actual instances of forced love are clearly identified, and are not advocated. I'm referring to the love poison from Hearts and Hooves Day and Queen Chrysalis's enchantments. As a matter of fact, the love poison case happens to follow up with your "hypotheticals", so it can be concluded that Cadence's actions are a little different. Hence, I don't see what the problem is.

If you're still not convinced, here are some alternate arguments:

1. The show still reaches out to a younger audience, so they don't worry about having to appeal to the gruelingly severe nature of adult ethics. You always have to consider the child's simplistic way of looking at things. If something is bad by that standard, then it's most likely bad, but this isn't.

2. The scene's sole purpose was to fortify Cadence's good-hearted character, and perhaps, in its straightforwardness, it creates a loophole that, while noticeable, is still trivial and causes no real trouble.

3. In the words of the MST3K theme song, "It's just a show, you should really just relax."

That's all I have to say for now.

Hey everypony!

There's this guy on YouTube who, every month, complies the "Top Ten Pony Videos" of that month, as voted by the community. The voting for the month of April just started:

To vote, simply post a comment on the above video listing your favorite pony-related videos released in April. You can have a minimum of 5 videos in your vote, and a maximum of 10. You can only vote ONCE, and be sure to use the EXACT title of the video. If you want to change your vote, simply delete your old comment and re-post a new one. PMVs, trailers, abridged, etc. ANYTHING goes with this.

VOTING ENDS 11:59 May 6!

Here's what I voted for:

Spoiler: Epic Wub Time: Musicians of Ponyville (nomorethan9) 

Spoiler: MAGIC.MOV (HotDiggedyDemon) 

Spoiler: EAT YOUR PEA, PINKIE PIE (MysteryBen27) 

Spoiler: Cadence's origin (WhitehawkePAUNCH) 

Spoiler: Flutterlicious - BlackGryph0n (christkids) 

Spoiler: MLP Fighting is? Magic Pinkie Pie theme (WhitetailMusic) 

Spoiler: Dubstep Dishwasher (TheLivingTombstone) 

Spoiler: Two Best Sisters Play Portal 2 (2Snacks) 

Spoiler: New Ponyville (mirrorimage98) 

Spoiler: Queen Chrysalis Foiled by the Power of Love (Kid15X) 

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

The extended version of Love is in Bloom has been released. Granted, I wasn't particularly fond of this song, but hey, thought that I'd bring it up.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

After thinking about the two-parter for almost a week, I've come up with one genuine piece of criticism for it. It's not really the fault of the writers, since it's a two-episode two-parter, making it's constrained to about 44 minutes, but I feel that, while I do like Shining Armor and Princess Cadence,
    we never really see their relationship, how they got together or why they decided to get married. All we really know is that they both have connections to Twilight Sparkle and that they both deeply love each other, and that love is strong enough to drive off the Changelings from Canterlot... but we never really see them spend that much time together, and we don't get any insight about their relationship. This is bad, because it kind of loses our investment in seeing them get together in the end, even though we DO get to know them through Twilight's memories of them and seeing how they act on-screen. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that they intended to show what they were like together, but couldn't find any place in the two-parter to demonstrate that.

This is why I hope we see them again in season 3, maybe we can see their honeymoon, or even AFTER their honeymoon and seeing what their lives after which.

So um, in a few months, I'm going up to a huge wedding for my cousin.

And suddenly, I got an idea. I might phone in a few other cousins who are good at singing to sing Love is in Bloom (the official extended one, of course). But as of now, I'm having trouble looking for an instrumental/karaoke one of it. If things go smooth, I want it to be a wedding my cousin will never forgot. If anyone has any links found, please don't hesitate to ask.

I'll help look, but I won't guarantee anything.

After thinking about the two-parter for almost a week, I've come up with one genuine piece of criticism for it. It's not really the fault of the writers, since it's a two-episode two-parter, making it's constrained to about 44 minutes, but I feel that, while I do like Shining Armor and Princess Cadence,
    we never really see their relationship, how they got together or why they decided to get married. All we really know is that they both have connections to Twilight Sparkle and that they both deeply love each other, and that love is strong enough to drive off the Changelings from Canterlot... but we never really see them spend that much time together, and we don't get any insight about their relationship. This is bad, because it kind of loses our investment in seeing them get together in the end, even though we DO get to know them through Twilight's memories of them and seeing how they act on-screen. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that they intended to show what they were like together, but couldn't find any place in the two-parter to demonstrate that.
    That's a very good point, and though time constraints were likely the reason for the lack of background, there is a redeeming quality for it. It kept Cadence and Shining Armor's relationship vague and out-of-the-blue, as Twilight found it. After that, we pretty much follow Twilight through her observance of their relationship, as when Cadence reveals during the song in part 2 that she truly loves Shining Armor. Everything she knows and finds out, we find out. Other than that, they delved only as deep as was needed at the time, in my opinion.

It was very interesting that you pointed that out, but it's not much of a flaw since it pretty much works out one way or another.

That's a very good point, and though time constraints were likely the reason for the lack of background, there is a redeeming quality for it. It kept Cadence and Shining Armor's relationship vague and out-of-the-blue, as Twilight found it. After that, we pretty much follow Twilight through her observance of their relationship, as when Cadence reveals during the song in part 2 that she truly loves Shining Armor. Everything she knows and finds out, we find out. Other than that, they delved only as deep as was needed at the time, in my opinion.

It was very interesting that you pointed that out, but it's not much of a flaw since it pretty much works out one way or another.
    That's true, and it's not like said "flaw" really bothered me at all, since everything else about the two-parter was so good.

Here's something cool that some people found out earlier:

Go here, and enter the Konami code.
    Up up down down left right left right B A start if you're not a total nerd

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

So apparently it's Pinkie Pie's birthday today, if A Friend in Deed is to be believed. I thought April 29 was her birthday, that's when "Party of One" premiered, but whatever.

Leader of the SilverFist Legion. TheSilverFist's Avatar

So apparently it's Pinkie Pie's birthday today, if A Friend in Deed is to be believed. I thought April 29 was her birthday, that's when "Party of One" premiered, but whatever.
    well, if you do remember, Party of One spanned a few days. maybe the episode went into the future and then had Pinkie's birthday

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

If you're going by episode air dates, then Autumn is in late January, and Winter's snow lasts for less than a week...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverFist View Post
    well, if you do remember, Party of One spanned a few days. maybe the episode went into the future and then had Pinkie's birthday
    Oh wait, now that I think about it, the day that aired would be GUMMY'S birthday, Pinkie's was the day after... or at least SOME day afterward...

So, I don't know if you guys are interested in Fan Fiction (I'm not generally too into it, but whenever I come across something interesting or good, it gets me reading), but recently I finished reading Sweetie's Mansion, a crossover story based off of Luigi's Mansion. While it may seem like a crazy crossover element to begin with, let me tell ya, it works out pretty well.

As for the story itself, I couldn't put it down (or in this case, turn it off) -- the plot may be similar to the original Luigi's Mansion, but it still works in a way for ponies. And that's what I love about it. It is full of plot twists, adventure, mystery, and many scenes that will definitely send a chill down your spine (even with accompanied music here and there within the chapters).

Brief information:

When a mansion appears out of nowhere in the outskirts of town, The Mane 6, are all invited to a housewarming by Specter Yield, the owner of the strange mansion. Hours after they leave to attend the party, the Cutie Mark Crusaders find themselves in this mansion. Eventually, Sweetie Belle finds herself alone in this massive mansion, trying to save her friends, and discovering the truth behind this haunted mansion. Will she be able to rescue her friends... and possibly all of Equestria from the ghostly presence?
    Right now it has been up to Chapter 20, and it is still going.
    This story also made me love Sweetie Belle a lot more.

Check out this sweet promo!

I mentioned a few weeks ago that there was this video being made for the top 10 pony videos of April, well here it is!

Interesting choices, the community has good tastes. :P

Damn, I? COMPLETELY forgot about Derpy Hooves Makes Muffins! I freaking LOVED that!

Check out this sweet promo!

[Video]
    WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THAT VIDEO ON THE HUB???

Well, I didn't tune in last week, maybe that was it. Now I only watch it if they're rerunning the episodes I really like (I like them all, but I'm particular towards some). Because their won't be any new episodes until the end of the summer. To that, I say-

Curses*

*I was going to post an image of Mojo Jojo's epic "Curses" pose from Powerpuff Girls Rule, but, due to a curse on my life that turns every trivial search into an impossible quest, I couldn't get the image. So I'll just have to settle for the text version, seeing as the universe won't cut me some slack for once. And to that, also, I say-

Curses

Pony Fantasy VI got released today.

For those not in the know, PFVI is basically a FFVI mod that completely resprites the game. Might be interesting to look at.

I've been downloading a lot of Brony music (The Living Tombstone, Wooden Toaster, Alex S., the works), since it FINALLY occurred to me that I can listen to these awesome jams on the go! Plus maybe I can get my parents and sister to listen to them and show how genuinely talented this show's fans are...

Although, most of it is kind of of dubstep, techno, video game-y, etc., which they're not to keen on anyway...

I've been downloading a lot of Brony music (The Living Tombstone, Wooden Toaster, Alex S., the works), since it FINALLY occurred to me that I can listen to these awesome jams on the go! Plus maybe I can get my parents and sister to listen to them and show how genuinely talented this show's fans are...

Although, most of it is kind of of dubstep, techno, video game-y, etc., which they're not to keen on anyway...
    This reminds me of when I found the podcasts "The BronyVill LineUp Hour" I was so happy I could ndlessly listen to pony music on the go, Now to show my brony friends.
    Spoiler: Gpx an other stuff maybe 

^^ OMG JSG IS AWESOME!!!

Spoiler: An average L4D game... 

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...ighlight=Aisle my Sprite Shop.pretty good.check em out.

Hakuna Matata~

Thread Information