View Poll Results: Who's your favorite pony?

Voters
10107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twilight Sparkle

8 0.08%
  • Applejack

3 0.03%
  • Rainbow Dash

12 0.12%
  • Rarity

5 0.05%
  • Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie

11 0.11%
  • Fluttershy

25 0.25%
  • Princess Celestia

10,001 98.95%
  • Princess Luna

2 0.02%
  • Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo

8 0.08%
  • Apple Bloom

1 0.01%
  • Sweetie Belle

2 0.02%
  • Scootaloo

0 0%
  • Zecora

1 0.01%
  • Big Macintosh

1 0.01%
  • Granny Smith

0 0%
  • Cheerilee

0 0%
  • The Mayor

0 0%
  • "The Great and Powerful" Trixie

2 0.02%
  • Lyra/Heartstrings

1 0.01%
  • Doctor Whooves

3 0.03%
  • Carrot Top/Godlen Harvest

0 0%
  • Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon3

3 0.03%
  • Octavia

8 0.08%
  • Spike :P

6 0.06%
  • Other

4 0.04%
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

It's a shotgun opera and the fat lady is singing tonight Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (part the second)

inb4 massive overuse of Twi's bedroom eyes in this episode.

I rather liked the little genre homages that Pinkie utilized. Also Doughnut Joe is really a spy in my headcanon.

I'm kind of ticked that Spike wasn't in this episode, though. I would have liked to see how he reacted to
    Rarity's fake eyelashes.

It's been a looong time... How have you been? Deucey_Dee_Brawl's Avatar

Oh, almost forgot to comment on this episode! Heh heh...

This isn't the first time Pinkie Pie has done investigation work, and like last time, this was a blast! I, too, enjoyed the old-fashioned film styles. So, Pinkie Pie can think in not only felt, but silent films, James Bond movies, and kung-fu movies, as well!

Personally, I liked Rarity's new look (in terms of her mane). It reminded me of the typical "foxy" character in spy/detective stories.

Princess Celestia in the end was funny. I guess that Gabby Gums column on her wasn't entirely made-up after all.

Also... um... oh, yeah. The hats were awesome. I can't tell which pony looks better in which hat, but they looked great any way.

I wonder what Fluttershy was doing taking over the conductor's shift? Probably being the Element of Kindness, that little angel of a pony.

And... I think that's it. No big philosophical splurge, just little comments here and there. A great laidback episode all in all, and another successful attempt from the team at trying something a little different.

I want to write a Detective Pinkie Pie fanfic now.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention:
    SEASON ONE IS ON NETFLIX FOR INSTANT WATCH!
    Last edited by Deucey_Dee_Brawl; April 7th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

It appears your creation has life. Shall I cue "Putting on the Ritz"? Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Up until Twilight deduced everything at the end, I was genuinely convinced it was Pinkie who ate everything. I'd figured she had eaten the Cakes' cake due to a sheer lack of self-control, and that would explain her accusing everybody else and how she reacted to Twilight mentioning she was near the cake all night. The only thing missing was that she wasn't a butler. 'Course, I also expected an immediate scene cut after she said she'd stay up all night to her sleeping by the cake, so this episode subverted a lot of my expectations. Incidentally, I also though that the exact same thing about the Mare-Do-Well (her being Pinkie, not the scene cut), too, and
    they both turned out pretty much the same way in the end.

*Twilight Zone theme plays*

Spoiler: CRAZY THEORIZATION AHEAD 
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

It's a shotgun opera and the fat lady is singing tonight Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar

So it looks like Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon-3 will be in the finale.

Which is cool. I wonder if we'll be seeing Octavia as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    I'm kind of ticked that Spike wasn't in this episode, though. I would have liked to see how he reacted to
    Rarity's fake eyelashes.
    Well, actually, he should already be aware that Rarity's eyelashes are fake. In The Best Night Ever, when the girls are getting ready while Spike is talking to them, we see Rarity putting on false eyelashes.

Also, hooray, someone else voted for Fluttershy.

Last edited by Deucey_Dee_Brawl; April 10th, 2012 at 12:40 PM.

Leader of the SilverFist Legion. TheSilverFist's Avatar

i was almost convinced that Applejack ate the cake, then my friend told me that she couldn't have done it because it would be obvious, as she is a terrible liar.

Okay, I'm back, after a long time of not bothering to post anything (mostly because I don't get e-mail replies for whatever reason; probably keep filing them under spam).

So, anyway, ponies! Awesome to see my favorite pony getting top votes! :D

Next week's the season 2 finale, and considering how much Hasbro's been hyping it, they must think it's pretty awesome. We'll see if their gambit pays off...

I hope this thread doesn't get locked like the last one, I like ponies and I don't want this to end up like the last one.

Well, so long as we stay on-topic, we should be fine.

That said, I'm kinda hungry for a little discussion beyond 'oh the episode', so here's a thought:

What pony would you most like to have an episode that hasn't had one yet?

I want a Scootaloo one, myself.

That's the one Bronies and Pegasisters keep complaining about... Yeah, they were complaining about a lack of Applejack early on in season 2, then Fluttershy, and now Scootaloo. I'm sure once she DOES get her own episode, people will start complaining about... oh I don't know, Celestia not getting her own episode. Or Zecora or somepony. Because fans like to complain more about what they don't have then compliment what they do have.

All joking aside, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing an episode centering around Celestia. A Scootaloo episode would also be nice.

It appears your creation has life. Shall I cue "Putting on the Ritz"? Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Quote Originally Posted by DededeMan202 View Post
    All joking aside, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing an episode centering around Celestia.
    That would be nice, but who would write the letter at the end?
    Though I can definitely see Celestia writing and saying "Dear me..."
    Or alternatively it could be a Celestia/Luna combo episode.
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

Quote Originally Posted by DededeMan202 View Post
    All joking aside, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing an episode centering around Celestia.
    Y'know what? Yeah. They should totally go for an episode that completely focuses on one or more of the Princesses. Luna deserves more than a "guest-star" role, and Celestia could use some time in the limelight. With Celestia, the letter at the end could say, "My faithful student Twilight," which would be really interesting due to being a unique case of teacher reporting to student. With Luna, it could be "My dearest sister Celestia," with Luna having found out something so precious that she has to share it. I would also like to see Luna's castle, and her side of the kingdom. :P
    Last edited by Deucey_Dee_Brawl; April 16th, 2012 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spedd View Post
    That would be nice, but who would write the letter at the end?
    Though I can definitely see Celestia writing and saying "Dear me..."
    Or alternatively it could be a Celestia/Luna combo episode.
    If Hearth's Warming Eve, Family Appreciation Day, and Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 showed us anything, it's that not every episode needs to end with a moral.

That, or the episode would include Celestia going crazy (complete with screwy night/day cycles), and one of the things that she does at the climax of her breakdown is to try and write letters to herself.

Oh, and a Zecora episode would be totes awesome, just sayin'.

It would be a nightmare for the scriptwriters, though.

Pinkie Pie's theme from Fighting is Magic:

I have to say, I love this 100x more than I did Rarity's theme, made by the same composer.

Actually, y'know what they should do? Another "duo-centered" episode. Y'know, the kind of episode where not one, but two of the Mane Cast are in the big spotlight. So far we've had:
    -Applejack and Rarity (Look Before You Sleep)
    -Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash (Griffon the Brush-Off)
    -Applejack and Rainbow Dash (Fall Weather Friends)
    -Twilight and Pinkie Pie (Feeling Pinkie Keen)
    -Rarity and Fluttershy (Green Isn't Your Color)
    -Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash (Hurricane Fluttershy)

Considering there are about 15 possible duos, and 6 have already been shown, that leaves a good 9 combinations left. Tell me, which of these pairs would you like to see co-dominating an episode?
    -Twilight and Rainbow Dash
    -Twilight and Applejack
    -Twilight and Rarity
    -Twilight and Fluttershy
    -Rainbow Dash and Rarity
    -Pinkie Pie and Applejack
    -Pinkie Pie and Rarity
    -Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy
    -Applejack and Fluttershy

Note that I only included episodes which focused more on the actual duo, so Applebuck Season, A Bird in the Hoof, and others technically don't count. Also, when figuring out the remaining pairings, I noticed that so far, Rainbow Dash has been in the most pairings, whereas Twilight has been in the fewest so far (poor girl).

On a side note, I'd also like to see an episode in which we see Fluttershy's relationship to each of her friends, and the others eventually realize how much of a good friend she is overall (sorta like a Fluttershy equivalent of Applebuck Season).
    Last edited by Deucey_Dee_Brawl; April 18th, 2012 at 12:28 AM.

I think a Rainbow Dash and Rarity or a Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy would be good.

Now onto the Fighting is Magic game, I really liked the Pinkie Pie theme, it's now my second favorite song of the game losing only to the Applejack's theme. Funny thing is that I think this is one of the games I'm more hyped about it right now.

"Don't mind me, I'm just here being silly..."

click on my non-existing pokemon eggs and you will gain imaginary internets!

And now for something real:Here is my steam

Quote Originally Posted by Deucey_Dee_Brawl View Post
    Actually, y'know what they should do? Another "duo-centered" episode. Y'know, the kind of episode where not one, but two of the Mane Cast are in the big spotlight. So far we've had:
    -Applejack and Rarity (Look Before You Sleep)
    -Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash (Griffon the Brush-Off)
    -Applejack and Rainbow Dash (Fall Weather Friends)
    -Twilight and Pinkie Pie (Feeling Pinkie Keen)
    -Rarity and Fluttershy (Green Isn't Your Color)
    -Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash (Hurricane Fluttershy)

Considering there are about 15 possible duos, and 6 have already been shown, that leaves a good 9 combinations left. Tell me, which of these pairs would you like to see co-dominating an episode?
    -Twilight and Rainbow Dash
    -Twilight and Applejack
    -Twilight and Rarity
    -Twilight and Fluttershy
    -Rainbow Dash and Rarity
    -Pinkie Pie and Applejack
    -Pinkie Pie and Rarity
    -Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy
    -Applejack and Fluttershy

Note that I only included episodes which focused more on the actual duo, so Applebuck Season, A Bird in the Hoof, and others technically don't count. Also, when figuring out the remaining pairings, I noticed that so far, Rainbow Dash has been in the most pairings, whereas Twilight has been in the fewest so far (poor girl).

On a side note, I'd also like to see an episode in which we see Fluttershy's relationship to each of her friends, and the others eventually realize how much of a good friend she is overall (sorta like a Fluttershy equivalent of Applebuck Season).
    Duo episodes, heck yes! Actually, I'd like to see some duos with Spike, too. He's a main character as well, and I think after Rainbow Dash was involved with Dragon Quest, I think they should dedicate some episodes to characters who don't spend as much time with each other. Develop them further, you know?

Also, more FLuttershy is ALWAYS a good thing!

So, I finished watching the Season 2 finale.

I... am really at a lost for words. Catchy, nice songs. A very twist-inducing plot. And overall, just wonderful.
    The manliest of tears were shed. I'm very impressed how well they outdid themselves with the series for far. Nobody ever expected it to end up like this.

I'm not going to post much about my reaction to X, I really don't want to. You just need to see it for yourself.
    <[CG] Rake> teenagers defy all laws of physics and reality

TUMBLR BACKLOGGERY STEAM
    visit my acnl town! 5700-3154-2713

Well, it's official, folks. Season 2 has ended. And man, oh man, did it go out with a bang! More like an ultimate supernova that engulfed the entire universe in the resulting black hole! But before I go into detail about the Royal Wedding, I would like to start by looking back on the entire season as a wonderful whole.

Spoiler: Season 2 In Review 

And now, for the Season 2 finale. It was a spectacle from beginning to end, so I won't go into too much detail.

Let me just say that is was truly a milestone event, one that made tracks of its own while still going down the path the show had created. The theme was an example of going beyond: Whereas the show's main focus was Friendship, the finale was centered around Love, a theme normally averted in childrens' shows.

The plot kept me guessing for a while, which I liked. The villain was absolutely fantastic. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it looks like Discord actually has some competition in the realm of MLP villains. I mean, to cast off Celestia like that is truly an achievement. The episode added some new things, like the first ever MLP:FiM villain song, but still stayed true to the old, for example keeping everypony perfectly in character.

All in all, a great ending to a great season. When it finished, my dad and sister, who watched it with me, both absolutely loved it, and so did I. They really went all-out to make sure that Season 2 would be done justice in the end, and with such unforgettable results! The Royal Wedding special was simply another example of the people behind MLP:FiM outdoing themselves and raising the bar. I would say that there's no way they can top this off, but who knows? Maybe they will. Here's to another great season, and the hopes of more greatness to come!

So how's about that finale, eh?

Spoiler: My Thoughts 

So cool.

Also, Queen Chrysalis/Discord OTP.

So my plans for this weekend didn't go as planned. (Not Sakurai's fault, but sums up my feelings perfectly)

See, I was going to this convention (I got a MLP:FiM poster, commissioned a picture with Fluttershy in it, and went to a MLP panel where BroNY Con people attended, Hell, the VIP relations guy even WENT to the college the convention took place, RIT in Rochester, NY! But, um, anyway, I was at this convention) and I planned to go home and watch the season 2 finale premiere as it aired, so that my viewing will count towards the ratings and such, but this FREAKING LINE for this one signing session I wanted to attend was so long that I was there for an hour an STILL didn't get in! And by that point, it was far too late to watch the actual premiere...

So I just finished watching it with my mom and...
    Spoiler: What for it... 
    And now... a whole summer with no new ponies...

I have to say something about the finale of season 2, and I don't care if I lose manly points for saying it, This episode was beautiful... and i almost cryed tears of joy torwards the end(Not spoiling it... Nope) Critisize me all you want... I don't care, for me this episode was Original, Dramatic, Emotional, Beautifal and still had the humor.

Although it did have two things that bugged me... the first is during the Wedding the Cutie Mark Crusaders are flowere girls... How did THEY get their? they weren't on the train with the Mane Six. Also after Celestia's fall, Why didn't Luna do anything? Sure she might not have as much power as Celestia but she could at least Try. Oh well, the fact that she got an appearence makees me happy, she needs more love.)

Those aside I did love the humour and songs in this (I noticed Derpy and Doctor Whooves a few time, Pinkie and Rarity were humorous, loved the brief return of the Party Cannon.) as for the songs, they weren't to long and were in touch, it almost felt a bit like a Disney movie to me. The plot and villain (Who I say is one of the best villains, if not the best, in the series) were realistic and frankly I just loved this episode. All around this is by far my favorite episode of Friendship is Magic in either season, even beating out Luna Eclipsed, Party of One, Boast Busters, Best Night Ever, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Lesson Zero, The Last Round Up and Ponyville Confidential.
    Last edited by Chain Chomp; April 22nd, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Spoiler: Gpx an other stuff maybe 

^^ OMG JSG IS AWESOME!!!

Spoiler: An average L4D game... 

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...ighlight=Aisle my Sprite Shop.pretty good.check em out.

Hakuna Matata~

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chomp View Post
    I have to say something about the finale of season 2, and I don't care if I lose manly points for saying it, This episode was beautiful... and i almost cryed tears of joy torwards the end(Not spoiling it... Nope) Critisize me all you want... I don't care, for me this episode was Original, Dramatic, Emotional, Beautifal and still had the humor.
    ...Why on Earth would anyone criticize you for that?

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

These episodes, it certainly was a good way to end on a bang, I absolutely loved the episode, I loved the fight scenes, I loved the jokes, I loved the big twist at the end of part 1, and I was honestly starting to believe Twilight was wrong there as well. All in all, two really great episodes.
    But I do have a few criticisms if I may.
    Spoiler: CRITICISMS! 
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to think her love shenanigans were creepy.

I'm just waiting to see some ObamaPosters floating around with Cadence and the word 'LOVE'.

Thread Information