Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: If you could change a Final Smash...

Yes, I log in exclusively to change avatars. 765Bro's Avatar

Re: If you could change a Final Smash...

I don't like the idea of Final Smashes involving calling in their nemesis to do damage. Like, if Bowser called in Mario to fight for in while he took a nap or something.

I also don't like the idea of reducing Jigglypuff to nothing but "The Pokemon that can do nothing but use Rest"
    A massive singing attack would be cool though, reflecting the anime and her moveset. Puff Up's decent though, just kinda meh. Maybe whe she deflated she blew everyone away farther.

Curse you, Gruntilda! st0pnsw0p's Avatar

Donkey Kong's is way too easy to dodge. Either just get far enough away, or if it's a small stage and you can't get far away, just dodge to the beat. Seriously, I was right next to DK once when he did his final smash, and I didn't get hit because it's so obvious when the attacks are coming that I just dodged all of them.
    Last edited by st0pnsw0p; December 6th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.

My body's falling. I think I've hit the floor. I cannot feel, anything, anymore. Homesick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st0pnsw0p View Post
    Donkey Kong's is way too easy to dodge. Either just get far enough away, or if it's a small stage and you can't get far away, just dodge to the beat. Seriously, I was right next to DK once when he did his final smash, and I didn't get hit because it's so obvious when the attacks are coming that I just dodged all of them.
    Yeah I agree. Perhaps it could be changed to him throwing down barrels at the other players. It would do more damage, and wouldn't be as easy to dodge as his current one is.

Walk away from anything or anyone who takes away from your joy. Life is too short to put up with fools.

Navi: HEY! LISTEN! Link: HEY! Shutup. Zeldafan615's Avatar

Not to mention, he would also be doomed on side scrolling stages.

This is not even my final form Zant's Avatar
    Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

Quote Originally Posted by st0pnsw0p View Post
    And if you stand a little bit farther away from him, you'll only have to dodge 6 times at most because most of DK's attacks go airborn or underground anyway...
    DK's FS is the hardest to do right, but even if it would go automatically it'd still be unimpressive. I'd say, fix it by speeding up the tempo and give the last hit after a perfect performance way more power, way more range and shoot it in all directions.

My body's falling. I think I've hit the floor. I cannot feel, anything, anymore. Homesick's Avatar

I also remember playing on the Sample Bath stage and using his final smash while on the disappearing platform, then when I realized it, I slowly sunk down and got K.O'd.

Walk away from anything or anyone who takes away from your joy. Life is too short to put up with fools.

Eh, I think Samus' Final Smash is worse. It only goes in one direction, so your opponent can jump around you and grab the cliff behind you, then get back up while you're frozen. Seriously, you can push Samus off while she's shedding, then pick up her armor and destroy her when she comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklesqueak View Post
    Eh, I think Samus' Final Smash is worse. It only goes in one direction, so your opponent can jump around you and grab the cliff behind you, then get back up while you're frozen. Seriously, you can push Samus off while she's shedding, then pick up her armor and destroy her when she comes back.
    actually you can aim Samus's final smash but it moves so slow it's hardley noticable.
    and i thought of a good final smash for Mario.Mega Mario. Basically a combination of Giga Bowser(except can't get hurt and can only run and jump for damage) and Super Sonic(except slower and doesn't last as long) where you run,jump and ram, your opponents around.
    Spoiler: Gpx an other stuff maybe 

^^ OMG JSG IS AWESOME!!!

Spoiler: An average L4D game... 

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...ighlight=Aisle my Sprite Shop.pretty good.check em out.

Hakuna Matata~

A mega mario would be cool, but it wouldn't be practical. It would take alot of work to make every platform able to be broken and reappear. If they didn't do that than Mario would get stuck on every floating platform. As far as an idea for luigi's goes, they could make it something where he says that know it is his time to shine, but then boos or bullet bill, or some other type of enemy come and Luigi runs around scared dodging them while they hit everyone else. I also don't mind if some of the FS are similar cuz we got a ton of characters. I would like to have seen Falco get an arwing (maybe like Snake's FS, but faster and weaker) and Wolf get the rest of his team shoot down.
    I just thought of a good idea for mario, he could throw a blue shell to blow up whoever is in the lead (or second if he is first)

Don't kick a man when he's down. A home run bat works better!
    http://liftchurch.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSevenband7?feature=watch

I'd rather not see a blue shell. We'd have the same first-targetting problem already occuring in Mario Kart.

Aperture Test Subject SpinHammerFire's Avatar

Let's give Samus the Power Bomb.

I can imagine Tails and Knux coming, swinging Sonic in circles, and going all over the darn place. *COUGH COUGH SONIC OVERDRIVE*
    Super Sonic could be different too, because flying around makes him almost like Pikachu and Yoshi, except he can't do cool stuff.

Impy's got nothin' on me (Avatar Week 3) Aeront's Avatar

Poor Ice Climbers could use an upgrade. The Iceberg is far too easy to job. Just a little jumping and you barely take any damage! And if you are using someone with multi jumps, you basically avoid it.

This is not even my final form Zant's Avatar
    Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

What I found most annoying about the Iceberg is how the Ice Climbers can't climb the ice. That's a fair bit against their character.
    I think if they were capable of actually climbing that thing it could prove more devastating on smaller stages, especially if the IC player is pretty good. Add in that pterodactyl thing to annoy the double jumpers, and I'd say it would be a pretty decent FS. It gives IC the edge, but it'll still require a bit of skill to make truly effective. Kinda fits them, seeing how they take some skill to use properly as well.

"I'm not in the mood." itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Hell. Oops, did I say Hell? I meant Iowa. Hard to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by One-X View Post
    Perhaps it could be changed to him throwing down barrels at the other players.
    What's funny is that that's his FS in SSF2.

I agree on the Power Bomb suggestion. But only if it has Other M's zoom in thingy. Another one they could change is Pit's. I'm sure someone already mentioned it should be the Three Sacred Treausures, or the Great Sacred Treasure, so I second/third/twelfth it.

SUCKY ART THREAD HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas
    The X-Blade is a part of your heart too, idiot.

it was the only thing I could think of I'm sorry Meta-Mind's Avatar

Give Meta Knight anything canon that fits.

Like a giant MT projectile as in KSSU.

Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    What's funny is that that's his FS in SSF2.
    What's that?

I would change Mario's to Fire Mario. His fireballs would be larger and do more damage and knockback. He could use fire punches, his Super Jump Punch could be firey, The cape could be on fire, and the F.L.U.D.D. could shoot lava!

Quote Originally Posted by Seal357 View Post
    What's that?

I would change Mario's to Fire Mario. His fireballs would be larger and do more damage and knockback. He could use fire punches, his Super Jump Punch could be firey, The cape could be on fire, and the F.L.U.D.D. could shoot lava!
    What's funny... is that that's pretty much his FS in SSF2.

And you don't even know what that is.

Creepy...

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

What's that?
    That's "Super Smash Flash 2". Leave further discussion of the game out of this.

There's a lot of potential for final smashes for Mario to take, aside from buffing the Mario Finale so it's not so much of a joke. There're options like giving Mario the Tanooki or Hammer Brothers Suit, Giant Mario, Star Mario, or perhaps combining several of these aspects at once.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    There's a lot of potential for final smashes for Mario to take, aside from buffing the Mario Finale so it's not so much of a joke. There're options like giving Mario the Tanooki or Hammer Brothers Suit, Giant Mario, Star Mario, or perhaps combining several of these aspects at once.
    There really are a lot of different choices as to what it may be, so definitely a hard choice to make.
    I had the idea of them being able to shorten it between three choices for his final smash, say they choose a Tanooki suit FS, Giant Mario FS, and Star Mario FS, it would be Toad with three chests there, the user chooses one of them, and one of those three he could get from the box he chooses, and that would be the final smash Mario uses.

The big problem I see is that the amount of time it would take for the user to actually begin his FS (mainly if it's a human, not a COM).

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by One-X View Post
    There really are a lot of different choices as to what it may be, so definitely a hard choice to make.
    I had the idea of them being able to shorten it between three choices for his final smash, say they choose a Tanooki suit FS, Giant Mario FS, and Star Mario FS, it would be Toad with three chests there, the user chooses one of them, and one of those three he could get from the box he chooses, and that would be the final smash Mario uses.

The big problem I see is that the amount of time it would take for the user to actually begin his FS (mainly if it's a human, not a COM).
    I mentioned "combining several aspects of these" for a reason, though, because of things like that.

I bring up Yoshi's FS to give a better idea of what I mean. This combined the Red Shell and Blue Shell effect that Yoshi got in Super Mario World. You could very easily have a giant star hammer bros suit Mario that hurts people with both the gigantic hammers he throws and from touching opponents.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Mind View Post
    What's funny... is that that's pretty much his FS in SSF2.

And you don't even know what that is.

Creepy...
    Really?
    I must play this game NOW.

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Mind View Post
    Give Meta Knight anything canon that fits.

Like a giant MT projectile as in KSSU.
    Meta Knight's current final smash is actually awesome and fitting (for his character), and is good from a game-mechanics side as well. It doesn't have to be identical to moves we've seen in his games. Smash takes a lot of creative liberties, Meta Knight isn't a special case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaurshotgun View Post
    Meta Knight's current final smash is actually awesome and fitting (for his character), and is good from a game-mechanics side as well. It doesn't have to be identical to moves we've seen in his games. Smash takes a lot of creative liberties, Meta Knight isn't a special case.
    I object to several of those "creative liberties" in the first place, primarily when they could just reskin them and make them match something the character has actually done. In Meta's case, though, I'd prefer not using the randomdarkcape (though admittedly I would love to see him using a cape attack as actual canon) unless it's actually something that, well, the character has done (or at least based off something they have done, such as the whole Triforce Slash whatever).
    And note that I did state something "that fits." I have no intention of butchering his FS just for the sake of canon. If Galaxia Darkness is the most fitting option, then the other options can remain unused, but if there's a better option to be found in actual canon (I might bring up the gigantic tornado stab from Super Star), then I would say to use it.

I think Pit's Final Smash should be changed to using the
    Great Sacred Treasure
    from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Not sure about everyone else.

Thread Information