Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: YOUR suggestions for BitF Art Contests!

Novelist, Voice Actor, Artist Cyphir's Avatar

Re: YOUR suggestions for BitF Art Contests!

Quote Originally Posted by dfrogmatt View Post
    Cyphir- As far as a co-administer, you can count me out. I just don't feel important enough to judge a contest. I was thinking someone that's been here for a while, kind of like a "forum veteran" (i.e. T-3000, Ame-Nami, That guy with the deadpool kirby as his avatar (I forgot his name), etc.)
    As a counter-point, I myself am hardly 'important' to the forum, compared to some of the others here. It's really whether or not someone has a good, critiquing eye for art, nothing more or less.

PS: I think that's Wade Wilson, you're referring to? If memory serves right.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... yes ... T-3000's Avatar

I just don't feel important enough to judge a contest. I was thinking someone that's been here for a while, kind of like a "forum veteran" (i.e. T-3000, Ame-Nami, That guy with the deadpool kirby as his avatar (I forgot his name), etc.)
    I feel honored that you think I'm important enough to judge a Fan-Made Fan Art Contest, but I kinda wanna be in the contest as a contestant, not a judge.

And if I were to judge it, it would end up being like this:
    "Greating lovely fans of Brawl in the Family. This is the first ever BitF Fan-Made Fan Art Contest! This will be almost exactly like the one hosted by TriforcBun, but instead by me. The theme of this contest will be (theme)! So let us begin!"
    *Contest goes on*
    "And the winner is... ME! Thank you, thank you! You all tried your hardest but failed in the greatness that is me! Good luck next time!"
    XD I wouldn't really do that

So I think I'll pass on the judging if that's ok with you
    Come to my

Or be my friend here
    ... or not...

Lost in Procrastination Ame-Nami's Avatar

Cyphir- As far as a co-administer, you can count me out. I just don't feel important enough to judge a contest. I was thinking someone that's been here for a while, kind of like a "forum veteran" (i.e. T-3000, Ame-Nami, That guy with the deadpool kirby as his avatar (I forgot his name), etc.)
    More like "that-one-gal-who-draws-stuff-then-leaves" than forum veteran...
    But actually, I'm up for the idea of co-administering. I don't plan on entering contests anymore anyway, and I'm pretty sure I have a good eye for criticism and art judging.

~Check out my art thread HERE! Or my CYOA HERE!~

Consider me lurking sevenstitch's Avatar

I think this "unofficial" Art-Contest Thread seems like a good Idea. Honestly, the the main reason I myself disappeared from this forum was because of the delays (and eventual shut-down) of the art contests. I would love to see this become a real thing. "Winning" has never really been a concern for me either; I just like seeing all the neat stuff that gets drawn.

As for themes though, I'd say I enjoy the broader, more vague themes. The last few Official themes have been a little to specific or niche for my liking, the Musicals theme in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenstitch View Post
    As for themes though, I'd say I enjoy the broader, more vague themes. The last few Official themes have been a little to specific or niche for my liking, the Musicals theme in particular.
    Highly agreed on the 'broader themes' part. It gives more freedom for personal creativity. It's only a matter of finding something vague and interesting.

I'm still awaiting a response from Matthew(though it's entirely understood that he's busy!) before I take this any further, but it's great to see that there's interest in it!

And, Ame-Nami, if you really are interested, I'd be honored to have you co-administer. I already know you've got a good eye for art analysis, so you're viewpoint would definitely be insightful.

As an aside, I have a feeling this discussion might be going off-topic of the thread's purpose, constructive as it may be. Not certain where conversation could be moved, but anyone is free to send me a visitor message if they want to discuss it further/show their interest/etc.
    Last edited by Cyphir; March 5th, 2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Reworded a bit.

You hear that? That is the sound of how invalid your arguement is. dfrogmatt's Avatar
    Either chillin' in Costa Rica or dead... probably both!

Just thought I'd try to talk you guys up a bit... And yes Wade Wilson was his name.
    I'm a goofy goober YEAH
    Kirby Dance! <("<) <( " )> (>")>

Don't be afraid to give me any comments, feedback, or chocolate milkshakes... Mmm... yes.

Say? Do YOU like hilarious videos? Of course you do. Why don't you just go ahead and click on this link: http://dashingfrog.tumblr.com See what I did there? Dashing Frog --> dfrog + my name is Matt= dfrogmatt!

"The secret to enjoying life is to hold onto the kid inside of you." Detective Ema Skye's Avatar

Looking back at the first BiTF Art Contest (Kirby and Dedede's relationship) why don't we delve a bit further into relationships between characters? Like, Kirby and Adeleine's relationship, Captain Falcon and Samus's relationship, or Ganondorf and the Triforce's relationship
    There's no use worrying,

well, there are times like that, but tomorrow will be different!

If people want a broader contest, why don't we just do something like "You're Favorite Game?" Like you represent your most favorite Nintendo game in the best way you can possibly thing of.
    Spoiler: Extended Sig! 

You don't like it?

Check out Cocoon Academy Voiced and follow us on our project of voicing BitF's longest comic!
    And visit my Art Thread, Daisy's Doodle Garden!

"I'm not in the mood." itsameluigi1290's Avatar

How about something Sonic related? I barely see him in anything, and it would be cool to have something like a Mario and Sonic rivalry theme... Anyone else think that bitf daisy's more attractive than the nintendo one? Ignore that, but what do you think of that theme?

SUCKY ART THREAD HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas
    The X-Blade is a part of your heart too, idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    How about something Sonic related? I barely see him in anything, and it would be cool to have something like a Mario and Sonic rivalry theme... Anyone else think that bitf daisy's more attractive than the nintendo one? Ignore that, but what do you think of that theme?
    Haha...Daisy...
    I'm a big Mario vs. Sonic fan, so I think that would be fun!
    And I love how Brawl in the Family actually takes the time to develop Daisy into a main character instead of leaving her as some lame side. That's why BitF rules!

You don't like it?

Check out Cocoon Academy Voiced and follow us on our project of voicing BitF's longest comic!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi I'm Daisy! View Post
    Haha...Daisy...
    I'm a big Mario vs. Sonic fan, so I think that would be fun!
    And I love how Brawl in the Family actually takes the time to develop Daisy into a main character instead of leaving her as some lame side. That's why BitF rules!
    Yeah, I just wish some other characters were in it (Shadow, Zelda).

BACK ON TOPIC! (Since I derailed it in the first place) Yep, I won't be joining mainly because my awesome art is to much for people to handle...... ALRIGHT FINE I CAN'T SHADE. But Mario vs Sonic is still what I want. Or, maybe Nintendo Olympics?

SUCKY ART THREAD HERE.

You should do movies or... plays, like Willie Wonka (I am going to go see that play for my sisters school spring musical )
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your signature and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... yes ... T-3000's Avatar

Doppelgangers - We all create doppelgangers for BitF characters. We don't use all ready existing ones, we make our own.

And I know this has been said already but I would really like Television Show and Music to be done.
    Come to my

Or be my friend here
    ... or not...

"The secret to enjoying life is to hold onto the kid inside of you." Detective Ema Skye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyHugger8D View Post
    You should do movies or... plays, like Willie Wonka (I am going to go see that play for my sisters school spring musical )
    Both have been done. Moreso making BiTF into various movies than making movie parodies, but there was a full-out theater contest.

How about something like, (insert character here)'s bad day? How would a character react to having a really bad day? Would Adeleine not let it bring her down, would Kirby completely be oblivious to the bad things happening to him, would Dedede take it out on poor Waddle Dee?

Or maybe (character) wins the lottery. Meh, I'm running out of ideas.
    There's no use worrying,

well, there are times like that, but tomorrow will be different!

It's quiet... Too quiet
    ---
    What about...
    Arts and Crafts - We make the BitF characters out of anything but Pencil and Paper or Computer (has that been already said?)
    Desktops - We make a BitF Desktop
    Come to my

Or be my friend here
    ... or not...

What about...
    Arts and Crafts - We make the BitF characters out of anything but Pencil and Paper or Computer (has that been already said?)

Once again from experience, that's a blast! I made a pot on the potters wheel for art class and painted it Super Mario, so you can basically go anywhere with clay, pipe cleaners, wood, anything!

You don't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi I'm Daisy! View Post
    What about...

Once again from experience, that's a blast! I made a pot on the potters wheel for art class and painted it Super Mario, so you can basically go anywhere with clay, pipe cleaners, wood, anything!
    I take it that you were quoting what had previously been said?

Anyway, how would we submit them? Take a photo and post it on the thread? Or mail them to Mr. TriforceBun, which would be nice... (but I don't think he would want to give his address away to peoples he doesn't know...)
    [CENTER]My Chandelure is following you... (O++O)

Quote Originally Posted by Sioli View Post
    I take it that you were quoting what had previously been said?
    Oops...yeah I accidentally erased the quote...bracket...things...

Quote Originally Posted by Sioli View Post
    Anyway, how would we submit them? Take a photo and post it on the thread? Or mail them to Mr. TriforceBun, which would be nice... (but I don't think he would want to give his address away to peoples he doesn't know...)
    Depending on the size of what we would be doing, I would assume that it would be pictures. If (and only if) there were any discrepancies, then we MAYBE would send them in. But then again, some shipping would be expensive, so pictures would probably be the best in this situation.

You don't like it?

You hear that? That is the sound of how invalid your arguement is. dfrogmatt's Avatar

Along with shipping, who knows how long it would take. Our submissions might not get there within the time bracket. And what's Matthew gonna do with all of our crafts? Mail them back? That seems kind of useless, so I say take pictures. It is a great idea and would be super fun!
    I'm a goofy goober YEAH

Don't be afraid to give me any comments, feedback, or chocolate milkshakes... Mmm... yes.

Say? Do YOU like hilarious videos? Of course you do. Why don't you just go ahead and click on this link: http://dashingfrog.tumblr.com See what I did there? Dashing Frog --> dfrog + my name is Matt= dfrogmatt!

And what's Matthew gonna do with all of our crafts?
    Hang it up on the refrigerator? XD
    Come to my

Or be my friend here
    ... or not...

Quote Originally Posted by T-3000 View Post
    Hang it up on the refrigerator? XD
    He's gonna need a huge refridgerator
    I'm a goofy goober YEAH

HEY YOU'RE ALL GETTING OFF TOPIC!!!

I just hope that when Mr. Matthew gets better, that he'll start a new contest. No matter what it is!

You don't like it?

Consider me lurking sevenstitch's Avatar

Speeking of contests, I don't mean to seem antsy, but has there been any headway on this "Unofficial" Art contest thing? It's been about 2 weeks now since it was mentioned in this thread. Has anyone contacted a mod to see if this could be a thing yet?

What about a beach day thing or something? And what happened to the other contest? Oh, is it because matt's sick? Why am I asking so many questions? GAH. That's better.

SUCKY ART THREAD HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenstitch View Post
    Speeking of contests, I don't mean to seem antsy, but has there been any headway on this "Unofficial" Art contest thing? It's been about 2 weeks now since it was mentioned in this thread. Has anyone contacted a mod to see if this could be a thing yet?
    I sent a message to Matthew, but haven't received a response. However, given his situation, that's entirely understandable. I'm certain the mods would be fine with it; my only concern was if Matthew was okay with others taking over his idea. Perhaps that's an unheeded worry, but still. In any case, I had thought it'd be best to start it April 1st, hence a relative lack of discussion on my end.

Thread Information