Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in SSB4 (besides characters)?

Re: What would you like to see in SSB4 (besides characters)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerlord View Post
    I was thinking and... I really miss Pikachu's cowboy hat.
    Me too, but the Emerald headband was a nice replacement IMO.

Regarding All-Star Mode, I hope in the case of a Game Over, the player will be allowed to pick up where they left off instead of having to start all over. Agree? Disagree? Feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by King Wario View Post
    Me too, but the Emerald headband was a nice replacement IMO.

Regarding All-Star Mode, I hope in the case of a Game Over, the player will be allowed to pick up where they left off instead of having to start all over. Agree? Disagree? Feedback?
    I like the challenge and reward of completing it with knowing I can't restart in the middle of it. I think that adding a drop off makes it all too easy, and defeats the purpose of harder settings.
    A Moment of Change

Assist Trophy

Didn't think this would fit in the character board, so here we go: One idea I've had for a while is a way to make sense of clones and provide a broad cast of characters while keeping the roster size believable. All characters have alternate colors, of course, but the concept here would be that nearly every(not necessarily all) character would have one alternate character as an outfit.

A good example of this is Peach and Daisy. Peach already has a Daisy color scheme, but what if the model of the character was actually Daisy? And not just visually; different voice lines, effects(daises instead of hearts, for example), stats, etc. She'd be a clone, to be sure, but would also be a unique character on her own.

It'd clean up the roster of clones, provide iconic characters without expending too much effort, and also help make sure single-player doesn't become unwieldy(you'd only ever fight Daisy or Peach in an All-Star match).

So, here's the list I whipped up. Any asterisks by the character's names means that I'm not familiar with the series that well, so forgive any horrid suggestions and the like. Questions marks simply mean I couldn't think of a suitable replacement(open to debate!).

Spoiler: Characters 

Now, 'couple of disclaimers:
    • This isn't to say that some of these can't be unique characters on their own(Wolf, Toon Link, Lucas, etc.), but that there's only oh-so-much room in the roster, and if past trends hold, some of these characters are better off as 'costumes.'
    • Some would require more drastic changes than others(visually, technically, and audio-wise). As an example, Dr. Mario to Mario as compared to Lucario to Mewtwo. Leeway for different animations, and by a very small extent, different moves could be granted.
    • I'm definitely out of the loop with some of these characters, and others I may have just not thought of well. So, debate is open and encouraged.

I've also got another idea that's been brewing in my head, but I'll save that for later; this one is long enough.
    Last edited by Cyphir; February 26th, 2012 at 02:38 PM.

Still talking about costumes, huh?

I still think each character should get at least one costume, but up to 3 or so, and costumes should have some effects on character mechanics, sort of like the clone characters in Melee.
    So I'm mostly with Cyphir, up there.

Since I want the costumes to play like clones anyway, I'm fine with characters having a costume that is a different, but pretty similar, character.

Spoiler: Costumes 

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    ^^Somehow, I don't think that they'll be able to get away with that one.
    I don't see anything wrong with armorless Fusion Samus (for lack of a better term). The ratings won't change. Smash will still be rated T for Teen like it has been since Melee.
    Last edited by Giga Man; February 27th, 2012 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Man View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with armorless Fusion Samus (for lack of a better term). The ratings won't change. Smash will still be rated T for Teen like it has been since Melee.
    Except those ratings were for Comic Mischief, Cartoon Violence, and only got Crude Humor because of Wario. Something tells me that adding Suggestive Themes to the list won't go well with the parents that care about the ratings.
    I hate people who generalize. They're all idiots.

My VGM Arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by Nap1400 View Post
    Except those ratings were for Comic Mischief, Cartoon Violence, and only got Crude Humor because of Wario. Something tells me that adding Suggestive Themes to the list won't go well with the parents that care about the ratings.
    And it would still be rated T for Teen. Just look at every other fighting game on the market that has a T rating. I bet those parents will still buy those games because if they knew anything about Nintendo, they are the brand to trust. Just say Mario, and it's done.

There's nothing wrong with showing a little skin. She looks like a fitness model anyway.

Hell, there are even E10+ rated games with "suggestive themes" written in. I'm telling you, it's not a big deal.
    Last edited by Giga Man; February 27th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nap1400 View Post
    Neither Super Mario Strikers or Mario Strikers Charged, infamous for having Peach & Daisy bare their midriffs, were classified under "Suggestive Themes". I'm sure Samus would be more than okay.

Besides, Smash Bros. already has Peach & Zelda upskirts, plus Snake's creepy codec conversation of ZSS, and Brawl got away without "Suggestive Themes". I bet we could even get away with adding in Shantae at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by GigaNerd17 View Post
    Neither Super Mario Strikers or Mario Strikers Charged, infamous for having Peach & Daisy bare their midriffs, were classified under "Suggestive Themes". I'm sure Samus would be more than okay.

Besides, Smash Bros. already has Peach & Zelda upskirts, plus Snake's creepy codec conversation of ZSS, and Brawl got away without "Suggestive Themes". I bet we could even get away with adding in Shantae at this point!
    Exactly.

Shoutouts to Shantae, though. :D

Oh yeah, forgot about Shantae. Guess I'm a bit of a traitor to my own cause if I want her in, huh? :S

But I'm still not quite sure. Maybe they could make it a DLC costume or something and label it with Suggestive Themes before buying it or something. I don't know.

My VGM Arrangements.

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaNerd17 View Post
    I don't know... That might have qualified as sports clothing, plus there wasn't a lot of focus on it(and you couldn't focus on it unlike everything in SSB) and Daisy and Peach aren't realistic, sexy women like Samus. While I do not know what qualifies for a suggestive theme, a whipping woman wearing nothing but a sport bra and hotpants with the voice she had in Brawl sounds like something that might get hit by that.

Even if they can get away with it, a half naked lady who whips the crap out of everyone sounds a bit 'worse' then those, and it would remind me of Ivy a bit too much. That alone would be reason enough for me to slap suggestive themes on her arm. But then again, might be just me.
    But who's Shantae?

Here's Shantae. She has an even skimpier outfit than Fusion Samus, but she probably wouldn't have a voice as sexy as Samus' is. From the way I see the series, anyway.

My VGM Arrangements.

I don't know her, but her looks reminds me a lot of the pixies in Rayman Origins. And since those didn't drag the rating to T, I suspect the rating system really does not mind skimpy outfits if the character they're put on look like this.

No wait, wrong pic. BUT as you can see, that game is extremely cartoony and that's also a point of mine. Those pixies have suggestive outfits, suggestive music and some very suggestive jiggling. But since they're cute cartoons and don't get too much screentime, it's all fine and good.
    I can't say I fully understand it, but it really seems like you can easily get away with suggestive themes and/or the T rating this way. SSB Samus in that outfit? I fear that won't fly.

It also doesn't really fit her 'I wanna be a strong independent woman dammit!' personality in my opinion.
    Last edited by Zant; February 28th, 2012 at 07:33 PM.

Joke's on you, I'm not wearing any pants! Spazboy225's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Zant View Post
    It also doesn't really fit her 'I wanna be a strong independent woman dammit!' personality in my opinion.
    Uh, not to get off topic with this, but where exactly is this stated? Not in any of the Metroid games I've played, that's for certain.

And just so you know, brave warrior =/= femminist.
    ~Tumblr for Spazboy225~

~Come see Spazboy225's Deviant Art Page!~

(I also take requests and do commisions! I need the money!)

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8022-3397

This would not
    COULD NOT
    change the rating from a T for Teen to an M for Mature.

Want proof?

^ ^ ^

Just a heads up: You may want to steer clear of Other M.
    Last edited by Eltrotraw; February 29th, 2012 at 12:43 AM. Reason: images too big

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Cheeseman, I'm gonna ask if you could not do that again. Try and make the images smaller, because those are rather large and I don't want to the topic flooded with images. I've edited them into links regardless.

However, just because the art's more revealing doesn't prevent the character from getting in. Do keep in mind that the character can dress more modestly, or be covered up in the proper areas(Lyn, for instance), and don't forget that characters can also get redesigns or modifications to their appearance. See Peach, Pit, or Captain Falcon for instance - though there's no drastic change to make them more modest, the point is that Smash has and can change the appearance of characters to fit the game better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazboy225 View Post
    Uh, not to get off topic with this, but where exactly is this stated? Not in any of the Metroid games I've played, that's for certain.

The closest thing to proving this prior to Other M is shown through Samus' actions.

Take Super Metroid, for instance.

She acts on her own.
    She seeks out bounties and missions herself.
    She's capable of facing her fears despite her (now canon) troubled past.

Now take this to the Metroid topic if you want to carry this topic further.
    Last edited by Eltrotraw; February 29th, 2012 at 12:46 AM.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazboy225 View Post

Oh, that's just the impression she gives me, being a loner who destroys entire planets for a living. But that's indeed more suitable for the Metroid topic then this one, so I'll drop this.

What else to talk about...
    Oh, how about scantly clad men*shot*

I'll try to think of something else to discuss.

Edit: So, according to some random trivia I happened to come across, back in Melee Mushrooms and Poison Mushrooms turned into unidentifiable question marks upon pausing the game. I don't remember that happening but that's a very nice idea.
    Last edited by Zant; March 1st, 2012 at 07:41 AM.

Don't know why I didn't think of this before. Zero Suit Samus alternate costume:

Mainly because I love that costume.
    Best thing that came out of Other M, I think

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Oh, that's just the impression she gives me, being a loner who destroys entire planets for a living. But that's indeed more suitable for the Metroid topic then this one, so I'll drop this.

What else to talk about...
    Oh, how about scantly clad men*shot*

I'll try to think of something else to discuss.

Edit: So, according to some random trivia I happened to come across, back in Melee Mushrooms and Poison Mushrooms turned into unidentifiable question marks upon pausing the game. I don't remember that happening but that's a very nice idea.
    Same thing happened with trophies, it was most likely put in so that one couldn't just pause the game, zoom in, and see what kind of mushroom it was, as that would defeat the purpose of having them look so similar.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

A thing that would like to see in SSB4 is individual victory fanfares for each character.
    This was planned for Brawl as there are left over files for songs labeled with the names of the characters under the victory fanfares folder.

Seeing how Meta-Knight had his own theme, I don't see why not.
    Last edited by Doofenshmirtz; April 11th, 2012 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doofenshmirtz View Post
    its
    Pfffft.

The individual fanfares would be a good idea. I can see (or rather, hear) Dedede's being a remix of the Kirby Super Star boss theme, for example.

Saving Nippon, one Guardian Sapling at a time. ~Starlight13~'s Avatar

4th SSB

Make It Happen, Nintendo!
    What would you like to see added in a new SSB, here's my wishlist:
    Players:
    Zoroark
    Waluigi (he needs more attention )
    Pokemon Trainer (Jhoto,Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova).
    Assist trophies:
    Toadsworth
    Marx
    Maglor
    Blade/Sword knight

Pokemon:
    Lugia/Ho-oH
    Dugtrio
    pidgeot
    Raticate
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mewtwo (Or could return as a playable Character)
    Tell me what you think a new Smash Bros. should have!
    Me when I rage (pretend that the stick figure is playing MC/TF2):
    Me:
    Placeholder sig until I make a better one.

Kid Icarus. Lots and lots of Kid Icarus. No new characters, exactly, as Pit dominates the story enough and no other character really joins in the fighting for any more than four chapters, I believe, but Assist Trophies (Magnus) and items (Pit could throw a lot of them) aplenty.

ebooks, Horse. (horse_ebooks). “Leg Butt” 18 Nov 2011, 12:38 PM. Tweet. Forum Veteran JSG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklesqueak View Post
    Kid Icarus. Lots and lots of Kid Icarus. No new characters, exactly, as Pit dominates the story enough and no other character really joins in the fighting for any more than four chapters, I believe, but Assist Trophies (Magnus) and items (Pit could throw a lot of them) aplenty.
    Definitely agreeing with this post. There is now a lot more opportunity to add with Pit's new elements and aspects. For one, he could utilize rotating weapons, from staffs, blades, orbitars, arms, etc. Alongside that, a completely changed moveset (there better be some ranged shots added, along with dash shots, and charged shots), powers (some of the zodiacs could be useful for either items, final smashes, or abilities), and the items could be acutal items here (X-Bomb, back shield, Centurian, etc.).

Really, the possibilities are endless with the reboot of pit.

I still think they should let Pit keep his moveset and give the other stuff to Dark Pit to avoid any confusion from past games. But that's just my opinion.

My VGM Arrangements.

Thread Information