Thread: "Okay, that was pretty sweet."

"Okay, that was pretty sweet."

Are often the comments made after a relatively cool/fun/wtfery moments. What are your moments of awesome.

Mario Kart: DS

I used to play this game at work with my colleagues and to be frank, I sucked. So one time we were playing I was ahead I saw someone had a blue shell so I stopped and my supervisor passed me, just as the Blue shell was launched, hitting him. And he was right near the finish line so it allowed me to *finally* get first place

Assassin Creed 1 or 2

Anytime you can get a perfect stealth kill, and evade the guards perfectly. Of course in number 2, I had the habit of doing a Batman impression when dealing with rooftop guards.

Kingdom Hearts 2

The battle of Hollow Bastion and the subsequent fight vs 10000 heartless. That was so much fun.

Wheelie Rider

Re: "Okay, that was pretty sweet."

I liked the part in God of War III where it managed to seemlessly turn into a rythm game and then back without breaking flow.

Spoiler: MAJOR TWEWY spoilers 
    Last edited by jryanm; April 2nd, 2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: We have spoiler tags for a reason. Use them.

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

The subspace gunship scene
    in Brawl. You can not see that scene without saying it was awesome.
    Last edited by AuraKnight; April 2nd, 2010 at 07:57 AM.

Administrator Forum Administrator jryanm's Avatar

Just popping in here to say...

If you're gonna post major plot spoilers, we have spoiler tags for a reason. Anyone who doesn't spoilertag their spoilers from here on out gets a warning.

Carry on.
    Spoiler: Unimportant Things 

Wheelie Rider

Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    As someone who's played MGS4, God of War III, and Uncharted 2, yes, I can.

"....It's a Lie" GoldenGoomba900's Avatar

The flood in Raw Danger sending a Tsunami the size of the empire state building at you. Pity that game isn't more well known.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    just like with so many other things in brawl they had a nice premise

then it got ruined by some deus ex machina, not to go into further details

anyway, most of my stuff is on the competitive end of things. if we want to bring up smash, an obvious first most would think up is sacred combo or wombo combo, but eh, let's cut that out. those are too overused.

my pick?
    yes, once again, this is competitive, and it is going to be melee, so if you're going to hate go bring it somewhere else.
    Spoiler: Super Smash Brothers Melee Tournament - "Genesis" - 07/12/09, Grand Finals 

That's really the prime moment that comes to mind right now, aside from random VATS kills in Fallout 3(but that's easy to get, lol "raider head crippled") or no damage kills in RPG boss battles if you want to come up with single player things. Single player experiences are one thing, I'll grant that - but they can only last for so long, and once you've encountered them once, it'll stay consistent no matter what(unless the developers spend time to make branching paths, but even then those branching paths will suffer from the same set parameters).

A multiplayer experience is a whole different story since you're interacting with live people that aren't as static. Since their actions/conditions are more dynamic, things become more exciting when comebacks occur or such.

I'd put up a video of a successful starcraft "4 pool rush" in one of the top Starcraft events in Korea, but I have this strange feeling that even less people will pay attention to it.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Lost Levels C-3 >:(=( jdaster64's Avatar

MW2 tends to lend itself to this type of moment often, and that Melee finals excerpt is a prime example of SSB-series competitive play at its best.

I'd have to say that one of my favorite personal SSB experiences was on the Mushroom Kingdom stage in SSB64 (yes, people still play that game). I was playing as Ness and going for the POW Block, so my friend tried to hit it and me at the same time with a Falcon Punch. Thus, I fired a PK Thunder at the block to save myself, and both the PK Thunder and Falcon Punch connected at the same time, freezing the game. That and the time that a Green Shell somehow managed to do 164% after being reflected by Fox and picked up again...

Check out my piano arrangements of video game music here!
    3DS Friend Code: 4141-3026-8303 ("Lucas" in Pokémon X, FS: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Drifblim)

Banned
    Reason: Multiple Rule Violations

Ho-ohs appearance in HGSS.

Not much else to be said.

Unexpect the unexpected Nintendo_Fan128's Avatar

Well, so me and my friends were playing L4D via system link, we were on that level on Dead Air that is ridiculously large, where you have to light up a pile of junk to clear the way near the start of the level (the game was on expert). OK, we were finished with the crescendo but one of our teammates was dead and the team wasn't exactly in the best situation ever, everyone had low health. Eventually, other 2 died and only one was left, who was black and white.

Now the unbelievable part starts. Since he was alone and with low health, he waited for us in the closet near the path you clear with fire. A boomer came and vomited on him, so a horde came... He freaking survived it. That and he was lucky no other special infected came with the horde.

We still hadn't appeared in the closet, so he waited a bit more. He decided to move on to the next closet, when he left the room, another horde came (he had about 23 health or something like that), so he went to a corner, fought the whole horde, didn't get hit by a boomer that was coming and killed a hunter. At this point we couldn't believe he was still alive.

Since his health was decreasing state, he was really slow, and when he reached the corner with the ammo, he got pulled by a smoker, but he managed to kill it before he could get damaged.

He reached the closet and... saved us o_o Too bad we didn't last much long, but what he did, we'll never forget.

When you finish Twilight Princess

You'll eat 'til you're full! Then you'll eat 'til you burst! Then you'll eat some more! Gun's Avatar

Tapping the fusion pin on TWEWY just as Twister (or any of it's remixes) says THE POWER IS YET UNKNOWN

i died

digital style Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

I got knocked off of FD as Wolf by a Ness. Intending to recover and nothing more, I used the Wolf Flash to get back. The Ness however had come after me for the KO, so I smashed him with the Flash and spiked him to his death. I managed to recover as well.
    That was pretty sweet

Awesome McAwesome Spriter vaporchu's Avatar

One time in SSB64 my brother sent a computer flying with a home-run bat and I timed Captain Falcon's dair PERFECTLY, meaning I landed the spike above the pit. He was ticked off, to say the least, because it was going to be his kill...

Imma launchin' my blue shell! OH NO! Mushroom time! *avoids blue shell, gets first place*
    SUCK IT BYOTCH.

Three Nintendo groups in one pic! Amazing! TriMushroomStar's Avatar
    Ha! Like I would tell you! I would have to kill you if I did.

Whenever I play SMG/SMG2, and I just triple jump instead of just walking up the steps, or using the mini launch star, I feel like the Mario Master.
    "Oh, but what's the point of tests if you don't learn anything?"
    -King Bumi (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

Every time I get a jackpot in the Lucky House in Super Mario 3D World. Which, so far, is a total of 3 times. And 2 of those times were IN A ROW, so double awesomeness there. The first time it happened, I giddily half-screamed, and my sister came in from the kitchen wondering what was going on.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

Thread Information