Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda: A World Without A Hero

Because I love you you crazy &&&&& Forum Veteran BrandonSP's Avatar

Re: Legend of Zelda: A World Without A Hero

"All the more fun for me then," sneered Dalekius. After several of the soldiers at his side knocked back after Zhetos's attack, he realized that all the other Shiekah seemed to be occupied. Dalekius thought to himself, "So this battle will more or less be a one on one then... Fine, not like he can get through my armor anyways." As the blades of Zhetos came towards Dalekius, he readied his sword and at the same time turned his body as to avoid the swords. As soon as the sword was raised above his head, he slashed it down towards Zhetos as quickly as he could.
    Spoiler: Codes, Steam, and Internetometer 

A blade flashed towards Cryos' right side, sending him into an evasive roll as the Gerudo dropped her other arm to her side.
    Alright, she's injured. My next step should be something else non-vital, but which will slow her down.
    Experimentally, he pulled his bow and aimed it at the Gerudo's elbow. As expected, she immediately folded her blade back to protect her arm, leaving some of the rest of her body vulnerable to attack.
    Cryos swung over to her chest, and her blade moved in an instant to cover that as well.
    Hmm...
    Well, her arms have to move greater distances to defend than mine do to attack... perhaps I could use -

Cryos realized that he had let the Gerudo get too close, and now a blade was slashing towards his vulnerable left side. He leaned to the right, but still paid for his inattention in blood as the sword scraped off a considerable amount of skin.
    A dark smile crossed the Gerudo's face at the same time as the shock which crossed that of Cryos.
    My arm - gah, it'll be fine, but that might mess up my aim.
    The Gerudo's sword flashed again, this time for the waist, but Cryos was prepared and ready. He was in this fight now - before, it had seemed so surreal, but now he truly felt as though it were happening. He was afraid, and fear made him serious.
    The blade was too low to duck, so Cryos leapt, completely clearing the swinging sword, and somehow managed to kick at it in passing, setting the Gerudo off-balance for a fraction of a second.
    That second, however, was enough. Cryos leapt backwards, landing directly on top of a crate, and swung his loaded bow across the Gerudo's body. The Gerudo raised her sword to block -
    And was promptly struck by an arrow traveling under the sword, which embedded itself in her knee.
    The Gerudo stumbled, but quickly resumed a normal stance, now with a look of absolute cold fury.

Self-Styled Hero

Amelia was surprised to see Jeranna's arm drop suddenly. She could see a needle that had stricken her, and she quickly looked around while Jeranna was steadying herself. She smirked when she saw the one who'd thrown it, and she readied herself to continue fighting with some renewed vigor.

However, the outcome of her fight with a handicapped foe was not so near at hand as she thought. Before she knew what happened, she could feel herself being forcefully grabbed, and she found herself detained with a knife held to her neck. Her sword was still in her hand, but there was no practical way to turn it on her captor without putting herself at risk.

This did not frighten her. Rather, it made her angry. She could feel her rage surging up inside her, and it was very tempting to release it in a fiery burst. "Not yet," she thought to herself, struggling to keep both her feelings and her power under control. "If you blow what magical energy you have left now, it will do you no good. You would be left burned out, and it certainly wouldn't be enough to scare him away..."

She had no love for the feeling of being at someone else's mercy, which made her internal struggle that much more taxing. Hoping to relieve her anger a bit, she muttered hoping her captor would hear, "I'm not as helpless as you think I am." Her clenched fists were trembling.

"I would've killed you right now if you were helpless. People only aid those who are useful to them. A useless fighter would be ignored," Hekrion hissed into her ear.

"Either way, you're not much of a threat," he muttered.

Hm... Maybe these worms should see my true power, he thought to himself, looking at Rais, then the girl he was holding hostage. He shook his head. A later day, when they're an actual threat... Then I'll be able to use them for my... plans. But for now...

"Jeranna, I still have business with you," Hekrion said, pointing at her. With that, he simply let go of Amelia and started to work his way toward the councilors again.

What Would Bayonetta Do? Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

Rais smirked: Hekrion had appeared right in front of him, saving him the trouble of having to hunt him down. "Miss, deal with this one. And be careful with the chain, it was a gift," he said to Amelia. Rais then turned his attention to Hekrion, who had resumed his hunt of the councilors. Now that he was carrying better equipment, he felt confident that he would be able to take him down. He tossed a splintering needle, two paralyzing needles, and three poison needles at his back. The splintering needle would penetrate deeply into his flesh and shatter, causing some serious internal injuries. Two paralyzing needles would incapacitate him for about twenty minutes, and three poison needles would keep him alive, but he would be in a lot of pain as the toxin wreaked havoc on his system. He grinned darkly as he tossed them and the streaks of silver sailed through the air. This time, he would have his revenge.
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

Hekrion ducked to the right, and saw the needles fly past where he had been. The needles hit several fighters of either side. "Heh, the fool. He's letting his anger take control of him," he said, with a twisted sense of delight in his voice. He wrenched one of the needles from one of the fallen targets, and threw it at Rais. He had no intention of hitting Rais, but he would make Rais fall into a trap.

The trap was simply a ring of fighting Gerudo. Too many for a stealthy fighter to handle alone. He motioned for the Gerudo to hold Rais captive, but not to kill him.

He needed use of Rais' skills. If this Shiekah was as predictable as he seemed to be, the fool would be a useful pawn.

It was bad enough that he wasted his needles. But for the traitor to toss one back at him?

The camel's back had broken. Rais was furious.

He drew both of his katanas and sprinted to catch Hekrion. "You've gone far enough! I'm going to kill you!" he screamed angrily. It wasn't until there was no escape that he had fallen into a trap. He was surrounded by Gerudo, ready to fight. If he was concerned about staying stealthy, he might have worried. But even without mastery of dual-blade fighting, he was confident that he could take them. He crouched slightly and waited for one of the women to make the first move.

hey look a tumblr

Hekrion took advantage of Rais being surrounded by the Gerudo and continued to run full-speed towards the councilors. Soon they would be dead, killed in such a horrible way that no one would have the gall to take up the position. He smirked as he at last reached the group of councilors. "Alright, time for you all to die," he said, his visible eye flashing with delight.

One of the Gerudo aimed low, planning on sweeping Rais' feet. To prevent him from escaping by jumping out of the way, a second and third Gerudo aimed above him. If he went upwards, he would meet a sword. They had the power of numbers in this fight, and they would take full advantage of it.

Rais had to laugh: did these Gerudo think that he wouldn't strike if he wasn't going to kill? Whoever told them that the Sheikah were only silent assassins was wrong. Rais knew that people thought they were heartless, and what he was about to do would further that stereotype.

He swung his first katana at the sweeping Gerudo's arm, cutting it off before her weapon could connect, then stabbed her in the chest with the other. The two that were above him met a similar fate: Rais stabbed one in both of the lungs, then cut off both of the other's arms and kicked her to the ground.

With a smirk, he stood at a ready stance in the center of the ring. Sure, he was heavily outnumbered, but they were outmatched.

hey look a tumblr

The first Gerudo fell to the ground, dead. However, two more Gerudo took their place to swamp over Rais. One planned to sacrifice herself so another would be able to disarm their dangerous opponent. It was a dangerous gambit, but in the name of their Lord Ganondorf, it was one that had to be done. Hekrion, a general chosen by Ganondorf himself, had ordered this Sheikah to be their captive, then it must serve Ganondorf's interests.

Hekrion turned to quickly look at Rais. He was fighting his victims in a cruel fashion. "Oho! He will be able to be manipulated quite easily," he said to himself. He then faced the councilors again and drew his blade. "Nothing personal, but you all have to die now."

RAINBOW CROWNED FLOWER Deucey_Dee_Brawl's Avatar

{SSBBrawler}

Hekrion was facing Loruna, Aestor, and Gorani. The rest of the councilors were scattered throughout the crowd. The three readied their weapons when Hekrion approached them. Aestor wore a pair of clawed gauntlets, Gorani had a wide battle axe, and Loruna brandished a long thing staff with a scythe-like blade on each tip.

"We've heard of you!" Aestor called out. "You're one of Ganondorf's top men!"

"And a traitor to your people, that you are willing to fight against them!" Gorani shouted.

"If we are to die by your hand, then it will not be without a fight!" Loruna blared.

And with that, the three councilors sprung into action. Aestor leapt into the sky and flew behind Hekrion, preparing a dive. Gorani curled up into a ball and rolled at him, axe at the ready, while Loruna followed with her weapon.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    {BrandonSP}

Zhetos blocked Dalekius's incoming strike with both of his swords, and pushed back with them in an attempt to knock him off balance. Then he clanged them together, and they glowed a bright orange. Zhetos whirled them around with remarkable speed and aimed a few slashes at Dalekius's armor.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    {Meta-Mind}

[At this point, I say finish that fight on your own, and then I'll throw something your way.]
    Last edited by Deucey_Dee_Brawl; March 15th, 2012 at 07:35 PM.

The Gerudo soldier advanced, dragging her useless limbs behind her as she half limped, half sprinted towards Cyros. The Hylian reached for his quiver and felt his eyes grow wide. He had only three arrows left, and the Gerudo was advancing too quickly to wait to get in an accurate shot.
    An arrow flew, but the soldier swung her sword in an arc, hitting the arrow point-on and causing it to snap in half.
    Cryos reached for his penultimate arrow -
    Wait, Cryos thought. If I try to jump and dodge a sword swing, I can get behind her and possibly hit a vital.
    But that would mean letting her get close enough to finish me off.
    He sighed. I have no other choice.
    The Gerudo advanced rapidly, holding her blade aloft. She neared Cryos, and feinted to the left before swinging her sword in a vertical arc.
    Cryos, however, was already moving. He leapt to the side, landing cleanly off the wooden crate as the Gerudo barely missed. He aimed his bow, already loaded with an arrow, at her back - no time to aim now - and released.

The arrow sped towards the Gerudo, and her eyes grew wide as she saw Cryos let go. She let go of her sword and turned to face him - which was what saved Cryos's life.
    Due to the gash on Cryos's arm, the arrow was aimed towards the Gerudo's side, so a half-turn brought the arrow's path directly into her chest. She sank to the ground, clutching her wound, and breathed her last.
    Cryos was given little to no time to think as Gerudo reinforcements rushed in his direction. His duel had brought him closer to the "front lines," and the Gerudo had just broken the rebel defenses directly in front of him.
    Cryos turned to run -

The push from Zhetos's swords was harder than he had expected. It knocked him back a bit, but thankfully didn't knock him down. The fight surely would be over if he got knocked down.

"Hmph, I've simply underestimated my opponent then. I guess I'll just have to put a bit more effort into this fight." Right at that moment, the swords came and knocked a small chunk of his armor off.

WHAT! That fool actually got a piece of my armor off? Hm, no matter... it was only a small chunk. Meanwhile the lack of weight, even one so tiny, should improve my chances greatly.

Seeing an opening after Zhetos's attack, Dalekius decided to attempt a shield bash. He thrust his shield with great force towards Zhetos's head.

((Am I allowed to win?))

Hekrion smirked, "Traitor? I do not mind your simple standards that you hold so dear. I merely seek power. Just like everyone else. If you, somehow, survive this battle, I would recommend keeping an eye on that Rais boy. By your standards, he is more of a dastard than I."

He then blocked the incoming axe with surprising strength using the blade of his knife. He quickly leapt over the swinging handle of the scythe, landing deftly on the other side. Using the opportunity of the slow-moving weapon, Hekrion used a lunge both to avoid the claws, as well as launch an offensive against Loruna.

{Meta-Mind}

Cryos found himself face to face with the Gerudo captain. The malicious gleam in her eyes seemed beyond a normal Gerudo. "You fight well, it seems," she stated, with an unnatural tinge to her voice, "Let's see how you do against a master of warfare!" She quickly lifted her large sword and swung it at Cryos.
    {BrandonSP}

Zhetos was able to raise his arms in time to prevent the shield bash from reaching his head, but the force of it still drove him back. After recovering, which took him a second, he ran at Dalekius again, and swung both his swords in a cross-chop.
    {SSBBrawler}
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBBrawler View Post
    ((Am I allowed to win?))
    [We'll see. Also, if by "slow-moving" you're referring to Loruna's weapon, it's actually pretty quick. Did you see the description?]

Loruna twirled her weapon, blocking Hekrion's sword, then swung it around so that one of the blades went for his shoulder. Gorani stopped his roll a ways away from the two of them, uncurled, and headed back towards the fight. Aestor, still in mid-dive, redirected himself, approaching Hekrion on his left side.
    {TheMightyBox}

An Aeralfos up above noticed Rokal, and dove at him, its sword set in a stabbing position.
    Last edited by Deucey_Dee_Brawl; March 15th, 2012 at 09:43 PM.

-And promptly ran right into a Gerudo captain.
    "Master of Warfare..."
    Cryos rolled to the side, barely evading the lightning-fast blow, and yet for some reason, his mouth was suddenly dry, and he felt an irrational terror stealing over him.
    When he made it to his feet, he managed to get a look at the Gerudo's eyes. They were certainly not normal, instead glowing with an odd tint of red.
    That's... no Gerudo.
    Cryos reached for his quiver on reflex, but found only his one arrow.
    He swore and began to back away from the "Gerudo," putting away his bow and preparing himself for full-on hand-to-hand combat. His hands began to glow slightly, a light shade of blue reflecting the ice spell he was using.
    I doubt I can survive this, but at least I'll give that thing a hard time.
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; March 16th, 2012 at 02:51 PM.

((A scythe, even a dual-sided one, is still a large weapon. It'd be hard to stop a swing with the momentum it would gain from being swung. It would also take a long time to make it turn around and swing in the opposite direction. But seeing as she's a councilor member, it's plausible. :P))

Hekrion barely had time to move out of the scythe's path as it skimmed past his elbow. He had to jump back a relatively long distance to avoid the other two attacks. Blast! It's impossible to fight three at one time... They cover each other perfectly! Should I use it? No... Not yet... It's not dire enough, he thought, calculating his plans.

He took out two Deku Nuts and swung them between the three councilors. Taking advantage of the blinding light, he swung six needles at where Gorani had been standing when the light flashed. He then quickly lunged to the left, then threw several more needles towards Loruna. I'm running low on needles. Blast... This is not my kind of fight... I need to lure them away... Somewhere more advantageous for my skills...

Rais grimaced: if he were more experienced with two swords, he might have been able to handle his situation better. Every time he struck down one Gerudo, two more advanced in place of their fallen sister. It was time to fight this battle differently.

He threw down three Deku nuts, resulting in a flash large enough to blind all of the Gerudo not facing the complete opposite direction for almost 30 seconds. Rais spent about five of those seconds contemplating how he would proceed: slaughter as many as he could before they could see again, or hide and use his needles, particularly the normal, poison, and splintering, to pick them off.

However, in that instant, he chose neither of those options. Before he proceeded, he wanted his chain. He sprinted over to where Jeranna was still lying on the ground, bound by his chain, and hit her over the head with the hilt of one of his blades. "Sorry, but I need this back," he said to Amelia.

((I did that because neither Nix nor Agent Gold have posted since, so I'm assuming they haven't done anything at this point in time.))

Running back to the little ring, he detached the two bolas and instead placed the cat of nine tails at an end. Each tip has a very small hook, so whoever got hit would not only be whipped intensely, but given a scratch wound that would take months to heal, even though it would be shallow. He put his spare katana away, allowing him to use both the chain and his father's blade at the same time.

His thirty seconds almost up, he jumped over the heads of the Gerudo and landed back in the same spot, then lashed out at the two newest Gerudo who had popped up in place of the first one he had killed. If he had been using his swords, he could have easily disarmed the first, but then the other one would have a clear shot at him.

hey look a tumblr

Right as soon as he shield bashed, Dalekius was already coming up with his next attack.

"That shield bash should keep him stunned for at least a second, and I'm sure he'll try to counterattack right afterwards. I think I'll go straight for the stab on this one. That'll at least break any armor he has on the front of his body."

Using the one second that Zhetos took to attack again, Dalekius had already put himself into a defensive position with his sword behind him. He prepared himself for the inevitable attack. His armor was able to take the cross chop, and seeing Zhetos open after the failed attack, quickly stabbed forward with a powerful dashing strike.

Self-Styled Hero

Amelia wanted to stay serious when she saw that Jeranna was down, but she couldn't help smirking at her foe's fate. Either way, she felt she had no time to celebrate, so she put her sword away and turned around. She set her sights on the first target she could think of--the man who'd captured her moments ago.

She could see the man fighting where the counselors had been, and she started running to get closer. "If he doesn't know I'm coming, I should be able to take the advantage," she thought. When she felt she was close enough, she stood straight and clapped her hands together in front of her.

Then she hesitated.

"If I do this now," she thought, "I'll be completely worn out. I would have to be absolutely certain I was going to hit him... And even if he doesn't deliberately dodge, what if I happen to miss? I don't want to hit the wrong person by mistake..."

She stood pondering her action for a few moments, then she realized the obvious. She drew her bow once more, readied an arrow, and took careful aim at him. "Even if I miss with this," she thought, "it won't be nearly as destructive."

Holding her bow as steady as she could, she let the arrow fly and began to draw another.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Rokal, stopped swinging and looked around for more foes.
    He was not looking particularly hard, but he had to at least look like he was Mordecai at all times. Of course, soon he didn't have to look very hard as a large flying lizard was descending upon him. He shaded his eyes to get a better look at them and sighed. He gripped his sword once more, and swung knocking the lizard's blade away and sending the lizard himself off course. He landed a few yards away, snarled, and took back to the skies.
    Rokal planted his sword, and shot off two arrows, the creature maneuvering them nimbly enough, but of course Rokal wasn't trying to hit it, necessarily.
    As Rokal expected, the creature swooped again, but this time it kept it's sword back, having learned the first time.
    Rokal prepared himself and stabbed the shield, digging his sword several inches into t he wood.
    He then swung down, crashing the creature into the dirt, and stomped on its chest.
    He swung his sword one one more time, and beheaded the creature, watching as it faded to dust.
    "Sorry."
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

{Meta-Mind}

When the captain noticed, her eyes lit up deviously. "So, you're well-learned in the art of magic," she remarked, "This will be interesting." She looked around, spotted a shield laying on the ground, and picked it up. With full force, she flung it like a discus at Cryos.
    {SSBBrawler}
    [Well, it's not actually a scythe. It has scythe-like blades, but for the most part it's more like a kind of baton.]

Gorani noticed the needles coming towards him, and raised his axe in defense in time to block most of them. However, he wasn't quick enough to block them all, and two of them pierced his left wrist. He stepped back and tried to pull them out as quick as he could.

Loruna, meanwhile, ducked and swung her weapon at the same time to avoid the needles coming her way. She either dodged or blocked all of them, and one needle very narrowly missed her neck. Rising, she lowered her weapon in front of her in a defensive stance, with the blade closer to her pointed outward.

Aestor found this chance to advance on Hekrion. He flew right up to him and began slashing with his clawed gauntlets, using them like swords.

[Reminder: Agent Gold fired an arrow at you, so you'll need to take that into account, too.]
    {BrandonSP}

Zhetos quickly moved to try and redirect the stab away from him. He managed to off center it, but the blade proceeded, piercing his side. At that moment, Zhetos tried his best to hold back a pained grunt. After that, he slashed his sword into Dalekius's sword arm, then kicked his chestplate area to get the blade out of him. He stumbled back a bit, then readied his swords in a defensive stance. A faint red spot appeared where he had been wounded.
    {TheMightyBox}

Rokal had time to notice Dalekius fighting Zhetos, before two particularly large Moblins with spiked clubs stepped in front of him. They swung at him in unison, their attacks unifying into one that would be a little difficult to dodge.

Hekrion nimbly ducked around Aestor's claws. The claws narrowly missed his back. Now behind Aestor, Hekrion could see there was an arrow flying towards them. Taking advantage of the human meat shield, Hekrion grabbed Aestor so that the arrow would pierce Aestor's neck.

More and more Gerudo warriors started to swamp Rais. One of the Gerudo took out a burlap sack, filled with sands of the Gerudo desert. Taking out a handful, she rushed towards Rais. She knew she would perish, but she would be able to make the sand go into Rais' eyes. He would be blinded.

{SSBBrawler}

Aestor caught the arrow in his beak just before it hit him. After snapping it in two, he then thrashed his claws around in a blind attempt to scratch Hekrion. Taking the opportunity of the arrow distracting Hekrion, Loruna advanced from behind, and attempted a horizontal slice. Gorani had just pulled the needles out of his wrist, and was beginning to focus his attention back on the ongoing fight.
    Last edited by Deucey_Dee_Brawl; March 17th, 2012 at 05:11 PM.

((Hold it. He's been held with his arms behind his back. It'd be pretty hard to be able to block that arrow like that.))

Thread Information