Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kapus' Kanvas

Re: Kapus' Kanvas

Why should flowers get all the attention? Mushrooms need fairies, too!

Heh, I love it! The simple color palette has a neat effect: with the white hair and pink eyes, the fairy has an albino look about it-- it fits a mushroom pretty well, I think.

Nice job!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

Haha, I didn't even have Panel De Pon on my mind when I made that! I just really like fairies. I did my best to make it resemble an actual mushroom!

Thanks anyhow!
    ~Graphically Minded~

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Was this by chance inspired by your playthrough of Super Marisa Land? The design reminds of the game...

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

This is actually a character concept I had for a roleplay universe that my brothers and I are working on. The concept has been on my mind for quite some time now, but I would say Marisa Land probably influenced the mushroom designs and shapes I used in the picture and definitely made me like the idea more.
    ~Graphically Minded~

Quote Originally Posted by Kapus View Post
    Haha, I didn't even have Panel De Pon on my mind when I made that! I just really like fairies. I did my best to make it resemble an actual mushroom!

Thanks anyhow!
    I wasn't really thinking of Panel de Pon either, to be honest-- just about fairies in general. I like them too, but unfortunately I'm not the kind of person who can get away with going around and saying that. :P

I hope you feel free to show us some of the other things inspired by you and your siblings roleplay universe-- I love seeing original work!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

I actually have showed others--That's where Jenny came from!

I haven't done anything else, though. I didn't plan to draw much based on the series unless I felt the need to visualize something.

======
    Pixel art from my DA. It's fairly old, but I'm still very fond of it. I often use it as an avatar.

~Graphically Minded~

=======

Experimental sketch.

I'm using this sketch here to experiment with different outlining and coloring styles/methods. I'm going to line and color the same image in different ways.

Here's the first one:

Tried out a "sketchy" style here with the lineart. Instead of doing all of the lines in precise, smooth, curvy strokes like my previous drawings, they are done with rough, bold, edgy strokes going back and forth. The lineart is thinner, but a lot less neat. The one on the left has darker colored outlines, while the one on the right has brighter, softer ones. Aside from that, they are virtually the same. I think the darker outlines make the left one feel a little cartoony; like a comic book. The one on the right looks a little less cartoony.

The shading was done in pretty much the same way the outlining was, just with a bigger brush. It also has a sketchy feeling to it.

More to come.
    ~Graphically Minded~

In the meantime...

The Jenny picture I made a while back was kinda bleh, so I made a new one. Here's a comparison.

The new one is going to be submitted to an art collab on Deviantart.
    Last edited by Kapus; August 9th, 2013 at 07:38 AM.
    ~Graphically Minded~

======

Buggy in full color!

Also for an art collab. Now that those two are out of the way, I can get back to that experimental sketch.
    Last edited by Kapus; August 11th, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
    ~Graphically Minded~

Well, if I may say so, I think Bugirl has never looked better, at least as far as this thread is concerned. Jenny is also looking great as well. Nice work!

I really like the way your experimental sketch turned out, too, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do with the it! I think I prefer the version with the darker lineart, just because I feel it suits the style a little more, but I do like the soft feeling of the one to the right-- it might work well for drawings that are especially light and puffy in nature.

Thanks again for your comments! The art collab was released, by the way. You can see it right here if you want.

I intended to continue the experimental sketch after I finished the art collab drawings, but it looks like I have yet another art collab to contribute to! It's due on the 31st, so I gotta get cracking!

=======

In the meantime, though, let's go back to some sprites. Buggy's base sprite has been improved again! Her head is rounder now and her hair is less stiff. Her palette has also been changed a bit.

It's going to be a pain updating all of the previous spritework and animations with this, but it'll be worth it.
    ~Graphically Minded~

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Is there a reason why this recent revision happened? I'm noticing the "bigger" head gives a bit more room for the mouth, but what's with the lighter palette?

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Readability, mostly.

From a distance, it's a bit difficult to tell some of the different shades apart, especially in regards to the shoes and the darker parts of the dress. They would blend in with the actual outlines too much.
    ~Graphically Minded~

Well, I finished that art collab piece faster than I expected. It's Kirby themed, so I drew my favorite Kirby enemy.

~Graphically Minded~

I haven't been able to do a whole lot of art lately due to classes, but I have done a little spriting here and there.

Custom made sprites for Call's concept designs from Mighty No. 9.
    ~Graphically Minded~

I've gone too long without drawing. Anything will do. I have to draw something.

~Graphically Minded~

Don't ask. It was a request.

(I'll get back to those experimental drawings later)
    Last edited by Kapus; October 10th, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
    ~Graphically Minded~

Heh, I absolutely love that picture of Keke, background and all. You've really managed to capture the essence of Kirby's environment with the soft, pastel look, and the character itself looks fantastic, with the nice touch of personality that you gave her. It's too bad she appears in so few games, although I don't blame her for keeping her distance from our hungry hero...

The new Bugirl drawing looks very good too-- the face strikes me as a little flatter than usual, but not by much, and I'm really liking the shading job-- her dress has a more 3 dimensional effect than in previous drawings, and it looks great.

As for that last request drawing... well, I guess everyone has to draw a mushroom cloud some time in their life...
    In all seriousness, though, it's very well done. Lip looks very well proportioned, and your shading is clear and consistant. Nice work on those shiny earrings and beads in her hair, too!

Nice sprite work as well! The latest Bugirl sprite is definitely an improvement, and the color changes, subtle as they are, definitely make the detail easier to see.

You did a great job capturing the essence of the Call concept art, too. I'm curious, did you find translating each of their looks into sprites difficult, or is it easy for you? It looks like it might be hard adjusting to the proportion change and then deciding which details warrant a pixel or two and which don't.

Anyway, I hope you've been able to draw to your satisfaction lately!

Hello again, Farbeit! Thank you again for your inspiring comments! I'm always excited to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    The new Bugirl drawing looks very good too-- the face strikes me as a little flatter than usual, but not by much, and I'm really liking the shading job-- her dress has a more 3 dimensional effect than in previous drawings, and it looks great.
    Yeah, I started experimenting with different facial styles and structures there. I gave her head a bit more of a "football" shape, kind of inspired by Peanuts, and made her eyes smaller and less detailed. I also went with a kind of water-paintish doodly style with the shading, which was very fun. Very happy with the results on that one!

You did a great job capturing the essence of the Call concept art, too. I'm curious, did you find translating each of their looks into sprites difficult, or is it easy for you? It looks like it might be hard adjusting to the proportion change and then deciding which details warrant a pixel or two and which don't.
    Kinda depends on the character design, really. For example, I found Call #2 (the one with pink hair and my personal favorite) to be fairy easy and straightforward to sprite. However, Call #4 and #5 had rather cluttered character designs, so it was really difficult to figure out what I could represent coherently on the sprite and what I couldn't. Which is kind of to be expected, really, as these characters weren't designed with NES sprites in mind.

In all seriousness, though, it's very well done. Lip looks very well proportioned, and your shading is clear and consistant. Nice work on those shiny earrings and beads in her hair, too!
    Thanks. I didn't intend to do anything special with this drawing, just doing what I was essentially asked to, but I found the gritty "action hero" parody style to be a good chance to experiment with shading techniques. Instead of just selecting darker color shades for each area on the picture, I darkened every shaded area using the outline color. I don't know if I'll have any reason to return to such a style, but it was fun and interesting (also really easy!).

As for the proportions, that's something I have greatly improved upon in recent times, thanks to my new methods, and I'm happy to see that you have acknowledged that. In my older drawings, I would draw only sketch out the clothes of the character and the parts of their body that would be visible. Now, when drawing a character, I do a light, simple skeletal sketch of their body and pose, so I know exactly how I want the character to look and feel.

I then do a simple sketch of the character's body, following along with the skeleton guideline. Then I do the clothes and other stuff. It's much more effective and appealing this way.

=======

Speaking of styles, I've been trying out quite a few lately. I used to just stick with one, simple outlining and coloring method, but now that I'm more confident in my art, I've been gleefully trying out new stuff. I have the soft, thick outline style with fuzzy outlines and soft blurry shading; the other thick outlined style that has sharper, bolder outlines and coloring (which I consider my primary); the tiny, simplistic style with light, flat coloring; the shiny, outline-less style with lots of lighting effects, directly inspired by Super Mario Galaxy; the doodly water paint like style with rounder heads; and the "gritty" style seen in that Lip picture just now. There are still plenty more ideas in my head that I want to experiment with, but do you fancy any of these styles in specific? Anything you would want me to pursue in the future drawings? Or anything in specific you want me to go into more detail about on my drawings (e.g. the sketch example from earlier)?
    ~Graphically Minded~

Hello again, Farbeit! Thank you again for your inspiring comments! I'm always excited to read them.
    Well, I'm glad you feel that way! Knowing that also inspires me to keep on commenting. Thanks!

Yeah, I started experimenting with different facial styles and structures there. I gave her head a bit more of a "football" shape, kind of inspired by Peanuts, and made her eyes smaller and less detailed. I also went with a kind of water-paintish doodly style with the shading, which was very fun. Very happy with the results on that one!
    Yeah, I can see the transparency in the brush strokes, which I think is an excellent way to go about shading. It's possible to create color gradients using it, like you've done on the face and the dress. Actually, I find this shading method easier to manage than something that uses sharp contrast and fewer tones, such as what you used for the last Bugirl picture and what's necessary in your spritework. It's funny, because the latter looks so much simpler to do, but in reality I think that it requires more awareness of how light works for a convincing result than going the trial and error route with the soft gradations of many tones. Don't get me wrong, I think the sharper, less varied method looks really good when you get it right (and you do it quite well, I think), but, being one who tries both, I personally learn much more about shading when I go the gradient route, since you have more control over the shape than otherwise.

Kinda depends on the character design, really. For example, I found Call #2 (the one with pink hair and my personal favorite) to be fairy easy and straightforward to sprite. However, Call #4 and #5 had rather cluttered character designs, so it was really difficult to figure out what I could represent coherently on the sprite and what I couldn't. Which is kind of to be expected, really, as these characters weren't designed with NES sprites in mind.
    I think I agree with you in terms of my favorite, but #3 and #6 are also very well done. But yeah, I can see your point about the designs not jiving with NES convention.

Thanks. I didn't intend to do anything special with this drawing, just doing what I was essentially asked to, but I found the gritty "action hero" parody style to be a good chance to experiment with shading techniques. Instead of just selecting darker color shades for each area on the picture, I darkened every shaded area using the outline color. I don't know if I'll have any reason to return to such a style, but it was fun and interesting (also really easy!)
    Ah, yes, I can see how the change affected the look, and it looks good. In general, I think using a black or nearly black color to shade with as opposed to an alternative version of an area's color ends up giving the shading a more consistent look. Shadows in real life are really only one 'color', after all (black, or the absence of light, depending on how you want to think about it), so I believe it ends up looking more natural when you use black as a base for shading everything. for example, pulling the transparency down and putting a splotch of see-through black over a given color is a great way to find a darker shade to use for it, and I'm guessing that using the same transparency for other colors keeps it uniform somehow.

Actually, this makes me want to ask you something else: Have you ever considered creating a separate layer for shading rather than just directly altering the base colors? As complicated as it sounds, I find it worlds easier than the latter tactic, since you only have to use one color to shade (transparent black) and You don't have to worry about compromising your base colors. This works particularly well if you're using only one alternative tone to shade, but I like it so much I'm planning to see if I can get it to work for other situations as well. If it sounds like an interesting method to you, I'd highly encourage you to try it and see what you think.

As for the proportions, that's something I have greatly improved upon in recent times, thanks to my new methods, and I'm happy to see that you have acknowledged that. In my older drawings, I would draw only sketch out the clothes of the character and the parts of their body that would be visible. Now, when drawing a character, I do a light, simple skeletal sketch of their body and pose, so I know exactly how I want the character to look and feel.

I then do a simple sketch of the character's body, following along with the skeleton guideline. Then I do the clothes and other stuff. It's much more effective and appealing this way.
    Yeah, you're on to something great there. I know how tempting it can be to just wing it when a figure has voluminous clothing obscuring parts of it, but more and more I'm finding that I regret it when I do. Figures are really worth giving attention to, even when not visible, and what you're doing here is an excellent measure. The fact that you're using digital media makes more extensive planning even easier, given the canvas on which you're drawing will never wear out or stain, and what's more you can put all the planning on an alternate layer then just switch it off when you're done. That's really one of the biggest attractions things that attracted me to digital art over traditional media-- you never have to worry about ruining your work with too much planning or trial and error (and believe me, I thrive on trial and error!).

Speaking of styles, I've been trying out quite a few lately. I used to just stick with one, simple outlining and coloring method, but now that I'm more confident in my art, I've been gleefully trying out new stuff. I have the soft, thick outline style with fuzzy outlines and soft blurry shading; the other thick outlined style that has sharper, bolder outlines and coloring (which I consider my primary); the tiny, simplistic style with light, flat coloring; the shiny, outline-less style with lots of lighting effects, directly inspired by Super Mario Galaxy; the doodly water paint like style with rounder heads; and the "gritty" style seen in that Lip picture just now. There are still plenty more ideas in my head that I want to experiment with, but do you fancy any of these styles in specific? Anything you would want me to pursue in the future drawings? Or anything in specific you want me to go into more detail about on my drawings (e.g. the sketch example from earlier)?
    I certainly understand your desire to experiment with new styles, and I'm glad you're enjoying it. As long as you do, I'd encourage you to continue to try new things to your heart's content. Still, though, I'm glad you have a method that you consider your go-to, as when you're experimenting with new subject matter, it's nice to not have to worry too much about altering the style. I suppose one could explore both regions by changing one and not the other-- always use the same style when practicing drawing new objects and characters, then switch and draw the same character over and over in different styles. I'm not sure I have the patience for that second tactic myself, but I get the feeling that's essentially what you were trying with your experimental sketch.

Which one do I prefer? Hmm... I'm tempted to cheap out and just say 'I think you should go with what you like the best', but I know you want feedback.

As someone who doesn't experiment much with outlines (which isn't a good thing, I'm sure), I guess the sharp, bold outlines of the second one you listed appeal to me (although not sharp to the point of pixelated), but at the same time I like the transparent shading of the second to last style. I'm not sure the two go together quite so well, but that's the combination I often use in my own drawings. Visually, though, I have to say I'm really fond of your SM Galaxy inspired picture, which forgoes outlines altogether, and as a result has a more natural feel to it. Still, working without outlines is intimidating, at least for me, but that's beside the point.

But really, I don't feel right telling you what you should try when you're having so much fun experimenting. I'd say let yourself work on you own agenda a little while longer, then once you feel compelled to narrow it down you can let yourself listen to other opinions. I guess that's a cheap answer after all, but it's honestly how I feel.

Thanks for consulting me, and feel free to continue doing so, if you want. I'm on a similar journey as you, I think, and interchange is always welcome.

Keep having fun!

Wow, this is a lot to reply to! I'm so happy!

I personally learn much more about shading when I go the gradient route, since you have more control over the shape than otherwise.
    That's actually quite true! When I go with the other style, I (usually) only use a single color darker shade for my shading, so there's not a whole lot of fancy options for displaying varying levels of depth. When you're going the other route with the gradient stroking, you have a lot more control over the shade visibility, and you can be much more dynamic with the depth perception of your drawing. It can really compliment your lineart as well, especially when dealing with clothing and hair. I actually used this type of shading style with the "experimental drawing" from earlier (which I really need to get back to). I'm definitely going to pursue this type of shading, although maybe a little less doodly next time.

Ah, yes, I can see how the change affected the look, and it looks good. In general, I think using a black or nearly black color to shade with as opposed to an alternative version of an area's color ends up giving the shading a more consistent look. Shadows in real life are really only one 'color', after all (black, or the absence of light, depending on how you want to think about it), so I believe it ends up looking more natural when you use black as a base for shading everything. for example, pulling the transparency down and putting a splotch of see-through black over a given color is a great way to find a darker shade to use for it, and I'm guessing that using the same transparency for other colors keeps it uniform somehow.
    Actually, while that sounds pretty good on paper, when shading different colors, you want a level of contrast between the different shades. You usually want the colors to drift a little through the spectrum. For example, when shading something with a yellowish/orange color, I usually make the darker shades lean closer and closer towards red, instead of just using a darker yellow color.

Here's an example using some of my sprites. The one on the right is simply using darker shades of the primary color, while the one on the left has its darker shades drift along the spectrum a bit more, creating a bit of contrast. I know sprites aren't always directly comparable to big drawings, but it still applies.

Actually, this makes me want to ask you something else: Have you ever considered creating a separate layer for shading rather than just directly altering the base colors? As complicated as it sounds, I find it worlds easier than the latter tactic, since you only have to use one color to shade (transparent black) and You don't have to worry about compromising your base colors. This works particularly well if you're using only one alternative tone to shade, but I like it so much I'm planning to see if I can get it to work for other situations as well. If it sounds like an interesting method to you, I'd highly encourage you to try it and see what you think.
    I do! I use several different layers for my drawings in general. Sketches, lineart, shading...even the flat, base colors for the drawing have separate layers! I'd go crazy if I had to do shading without all those layers. Thanks anyhow!

That's really one of the biggest attractions things that attracted me to digital art over traditional media-- you never have to worry about ruining your work with too much planning or trial and error (and believe me, I thrive on trial and error!).
    Yes, that is definitely why I prefer digital art over hand drawn. That's not necessarily a good thing, though--I'm being spoiled here! I rely so much on the fancy image manipulation and back-pedaling that I feel a little intimidated by hand drawn art.

Visually, though, I have to say I'm really fond of your SM Galaxy inspired picture, which forgoes outlines altogether, and as a result has a more natural feel to it. Still, working without outlines is intimidating, at least for me, but that's beside the point.
    The Galaxy picture was really compicated and time consuming to do. It was a little difficult to mimic the shiny artstyle the models were given in Super Mario Galaxy, and while I think I might have an easier time with it with my newer skills and experience, I'm not sure if I want to pursue that style too often. I've been considering doing a remake or slight alteration of the picture, though.

But really, I don't feel right telling you what you should try when you're having so much fun experimenting. I'd say let yourself work on you own agenda a little while longer, then once you feel compelled to narrow it down you can let yourself listen to other opinions. I guess that's a cheap answer after all, but it's honestly how I feel.
    That's okay! Thank you for your input, anyways. More than anything, I want to approach the gradient styled shading I tried in the recent Bugirl (her name's Sue in case I haven't mentioned that) drawing and the experimental sketch from earlier. The newer style ideas come first, though!

======

I have another big drawing I'm working on now. I had a ton of fun making the Panel De Pon tribute earlier this year, so I'm drawing the characters again for the game's anniversary--this time with more context. I feel more confident drawing the different characters now, so I feel like I could do more interesting things with the characters. Once I'm done that, though, I'm forcing myself to finish that experimental drawing set. It's been far too long!
    ~Graphically Minded~

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Actually, while that sounds pretty good on paper, when shading different colors, you want a level of contrast between the different shades. You usually want the colors to drift a little through the spectrum. For example, when shading something with a yellowish/orange color, I usually make the darker shades lean closer and closer towards red, instead of just using a darker yellow color.

Here's an example using some of my sprites. The one on the right is simply using darker shades of the primary color, while the one on the left has its darker shades drift along the spectrum a bit more, creating a bit of contrast. I know sprites aren't always directly comparable to big drawings, but it still applies.

I do! I use several different layers for my drawings in general. Sketches, lineart, shading...even the flat, base colors for the drawing have separate layers! I'd go crazy if I had to do shading without all those layers. Thanks anyhow!
    No, thank you for saying so. I'm sorry I imagined any less-- it's clear to me now that I should be the one listening.

I definitely see your point about selecting darker tones-- The picture of sprite of Sue on the left looks much better, as you say. Saying that all shadows are black was a gross overstatement, at the least. Considering how light can be any color, it logically follows that shadow would be highly influenced by such differences. A little more thought on my part was called for, I'm afraid.

That gets me curious about your method for shading in such cases, though. Do you create different layers for shading different colors, then, changing the base color to what looks best? Or do you keep it all on one layer? I have a feeling those are things I'm going to be trying to figure out myself before too long.

Yes, that is definitely why I prefer digital art over hand drawn. That's not necessarily a good thing, though--I'm being spoiled here! I rely so much on the fancy image manipulation and back-pedaling that I feel a little intimidated by hand drawn art.
    I can definitely relate there! I don't think there's anything wrong with making use of more user-friendly media, though. I know for someone like me, a more forgiving canvas can help with the learning process. Nevertheless, I think going back to pencil and paper more frequently would be wise practice for anyone.

The Galaxy picture was really complicated and time consuming to do. It was a little difficult to mimic the shiny artstyle the models were given in Super Mario Galaxy, and while I think I might have an easier time with it with my newer skills and experience, I'm not sure if I want to pursue that style too often. I've been considering doing a remake or slight alteration of the picture, though.
    Yeah, I realize that the style you used there is kind of a specialized one. I think the thing that impressed me most about it aside from the lack of outlines was the extensive highlights, something I haven't really made use of yet. Please don't feel like I'm expecting more, though, it was just an admiring comment.

That's okay! Thank you for your input, anyways. More than anything, I want to approach the gradient styled shading I tried in the recent Bugirl (her name's Sue in case I haven't mentioned that) drawing and the experimental sketch from earlier. The newer style ideas come first, though!
    My pleasure! I apologize for sounding so presumptuous about your methods, I'm afraid I may have unfairly projected my own experience on to yours. I should be the one thanking you, then, as you gave me plenty of food for thought. So thank you!

I have another big drawing I'm working on now. I had a ton of fun making the Panel De Pon tribute earlier this year, so I'm drawing the characters again for the game's anniversary--this time with more context. I feel more confident drawing the different characters now, so I feel like I could do more interesting things with the characters. Once I'm done that, though, I'm forcing myself to finish that experimental drawing set. It's been far too long!
    Looking forward to it! Have fun!

No, thank you for saying so. I'm sorry I imagined any less-- it's clear to me now that I should be the one listening.

I definitely see your point about selecting darker tones-- The picture of sprite of Sue on the left looks much better, as you say. Saying that all shadows are black was a gross overstatement, at the least. Considering how light can be any color, it logically follows that shadow would be highly influenced by such differences. A little more thought on my part was called for, I'm afraid.
    It's perfectly fine! No need to apologize. You weren't that far off, and I greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions.

That gets me curious about your method for shading in such cases, though. Do you create different layers for shading different colors, then, changing the base color to what looks best? Or do you keep it all on one layer? I have a feeling those are things I'm going to be trying to figure out myself before too long.
    I usually use different layers, yes. It's easier to manage the colors when they're organized like that. However, if I'm shading something very small or simple, I'll usually just stick to one layer. Having a ton of layers at once can make me feel overwhelmed!

Actually, if you have skype or something, I could show you my general procedures live. I lead much better by example.

Yeah, I realize that the style you used there is kind of a specialized one. I think the thing that impressed me most about it aside from the lack of outlines was the extensive highlights, something I haven't really made use of yet. Please don't feel like I'm expecting more, though, it was just an admiring comment.
    Yeah, it's definitely a noteworthy piece of mine. It's one of the most unique things I have drawn to this day, and while I consider "Panel De Pon" do be my best work due to its sheer magnitude and ambition, this Galaxy drawing was the best by far when I had made it. I consider it to be a pretty important milestone as far as my art goes, as it was one of the only times I had truly impressed myself.

Thank you for the kind words! Don't feel bad about telling me what you'd like to see, though; I'm happy having some input, and that style was fun to experiment with despite its difficulty. One reason I forgot to mention for not approaching that style a bit more is that the style isn't exactly..."mine", I guess you would say. The other artstyles I have going are things that I have come up with over time through experimenting, but this one is taken directly from Super Mario Galaxy. Which isn't really bad, considering that the entire image was a homage to the game, but I guess I just want to develop my own style a bit more.

Then again, even when drawing in that style in mind, the way the characters are drawn are still pretty unique to me, I guess. Rosalina in that picture has a round head, no neck, big, shiny eyes and is pretty much super-deformed. Much like the characters I draw when approaching other styles. I guess I, myself, have a general "style" that follows me around pretty much everywhere.

My pleasure! I apologize for sounding so presumptuous about your methods, I'm afraid I may have unfairly projected my own experience on to yours. I should be the one thanking you, then, as you gave me plenty of food for thought. So thank you!
    It's okay, really! You didn't come off as presumptuous at all. I'm still learning, so I enjoy having a good conversation about art styles and potential drawing methods. But if you feel the need to thank me for any reason, then I say you are plenty welcome!

Oh, and if you don't have a skype account, you could throw me a PM and I might be able to set something up.
    ~Graphically Minded~

==========

An old mspaint doodle. My persona certainly looked a little different a few years ago!

Mostly due to cruddy drawing skills!
    ~Graphically Minded~

i am embarassed by my actions

It's like comparing the New Gen Scooby Doo cast to the Old Gen Scooby Doo cast. You start with full black eyes and darker colors, to further detailed eyes and brighter colors + extra detail.
    Last edited by Cerikeno Drananoki; October 22nd, 2013 at 10:00 AM.

Thread Information