Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lololo Mafia Planning Thread

Re: Lololo Mafia Planning Thread

Okay, by being Gamzee i would only kill those who were voted to be killed, AKA he does the lynching. that one should have been worded better. The only reason i'm choosing to be gamzee is because I can't think of a good role for him, and I didn't want to use Doc Scratch. The thing I posted was more of a proof of concept.
    Vriska forces whoever she targets to use their night action on someone else. If she uses this on Tavros, he will kill in the night.
    Dave's timeclones are one time use powers that are investigate, kill, block night and block day. He can also choose to instead of using those make another time clone.
    The disguisers give a disguise to the target. Depending on who gives the disguise is which investigator gets a false reading.
    The whole neutral thing is switched around now.
    I'm also removing the roles of Feferi, Terezi, Nepeta, Midnight crew, and Sollux.
    Sollux will actually become dream sollux and be twins, where the other trolls will be vanilla. Alignment will be mafia for Terezi, and town for the other two.
    Equius will become mafia, he's more like a bodyguard.
    Terezi I can't think of a good role for... investigator seems like it would be useless for the mafia... hooker maybe?
    The only reason the trolls are split is because... I can't really think of one other than just for balance.
    Bleh, just PM or VM me for other suggestions.
    I'm back, baby.

Forum Veteran Forum Veteran Sonic's Avatar

I decided to put together a game and post it here just for the heck of it. I kinda attempted construct it to counteract some of the stuff I saw in the last game that kinda swung the balance in favor of the town (mainly by adding more unpredictable elements), though mostly I just tried to add roles that I liked and to not make it too confusing (though I'm not sure how well I did there). It's pretty simplistic compared to some of the other plans that have been posted here, but hopefully it's still somewhat interesting.

Also, depending on when this game ends up starting or whatever and how busy I am at that time, I might have someone help me with hosting the game. I'd give them the important information (roles, what the Inventor's devices do, and whether or not there's a Mafia Mason) and have them help me with sending out results of night actions and such. Hopefully it doesn't have to come to that, but if it does, I'd get someone to help before starting the game, obviously.

And uh, I don't really have any story-related stuff (at this point anyway). Hopefully that's not too much of a problem.

Spoiler: General Rules: Shamelessly stolen from Elfice and slightly edited for personal preferences 

Spoiler: Town Roles: 

Spoiler: Neutral Roles: 

Spoiler: Mafia Roles: 

So yeah, questions/comments/etc. would be good o:

tumblr | last.fm | steam
    Skype: UWHuskies178 | 3DS FC: 2363-6130-2269 | Nintendo Network ID: Sawnik

And it starts to snow in the streets of Mexico Piemaster's Avatar

How are you determining whether there will be a Mafia Mason or not? by pure random or what?

Also Paranoid Gun Owner is such an awesome sounding role.
    I'm still around, friends. Just not here. Contact me okay?

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/4td0/
    Discord : 4td0#8859
    Email: jmh_4td0@hotmail.com
    Twitter: 4td0
    Youtube: The4td0

Shout out to the Wayback machine Ruane's Avatar

Iíve been thinking of ways for the organized mafia to better manipulate the town aside from the usual silencers, persuaders, and moles. Thus, Iíve created the mortician role. Let the mafia manipulate the information released to the town when someone dies. The town is not completely lost in the lies as the coroner role can reveal the truth. To round out this game is a neutral kidnapper that can interrogate, kill, or release captives.

Spoiler: Castle Lololo Mafia *Version number after Sonicís mafia* 
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Rune's whole thing is shovels. So yeah, he'd be able to find a way.
    This sig has been brought to you by PokeMarioGuy.

NICE GANK, DARKNER VIP Tigerman's Avatar

It's been a while since I have GM'd, so I think I shall begin working out some plans for a new mafia game. If anyone has ideas that they would like to get into one then let me know, I'll probably take a couple weeks to get one set up and going. After all I have a basic IDEA of what I want to do.
    ~Nothing to see here~

What Would Bayonetta Do? Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

Placeholder for another Mafia game! This one shall be Professor Layton themed :o Just finished Last Specter and I realized how well the series lends itself to a themed Mafia. In fact, I'm a little surprised it hasn't been done already but oh well, works for me!

Professor Layton and the Sinister Alliance
    okay the name is stupid but i'm not good with names shut up :<

Four years after the events of Unwound Future, Luke Triton feels that he has learned everything he can from the Professor, and returns to his home in Misthallery. Reconstruction was almost complete, save a few streets, but for the most part, everything had returned to normal.

That is, until the killings began.

At first glance, they seemed to be unrelated. But when Scotland Yard was called in, Inspector Chelmey found the tiny details that the Mithallery police force had overlooked. The people had hope once again.

It seemed as though the case would close quickly. But then, disaster struck in the form of Chelmey's corpse. With nobody left to turn to, young Luke sent a desperate letter to his old mentor, Professor Hershel Layton.

Dear Professor,

It has been many months since our last correspondence, and for that I apologize. As I imagine, you have heard about the Misthallery killings, and not informing you about my status is one of the cruelest things I could have done. But I, as well as my dear friends and family, are safe. For now.

You'll hear about this in the papers soon, but the same group responsible for the Misthallery killings has murdered Inspector Chelmey as he was hot on their trail. Chief James is hopeless, as you know. And with Chelmey gone, you are the only one that can stop these deaths. It would be comforting to know that the man who would solve this puzzle is none other than the greatest mind of our age.

I hope to see you soon.

Luke Triton
    Luke spent most of his time by the Twin Bridges, hoping that the Laytonmobile would speed into view. Four days after he sent his letter, his patience was rewarded. Running to the road, he was relieved to see that familiar silk top hat step out of the small red car.

"Hello, Luke. I hear you have a puzzle for me?"

Spoiler: Totally Original Rules That Weren't Stolen From Sonic At All 

Spoiler: Roles 

I believe that's everything...if I'm missing something let me know.
    Last edited by Elfice; May 3rd, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

there's math and there's dealers and players and killers and me Dragon's Avatar

I'm considering designing an anonymous game on another forum if I get enough support, but this would be for very advanced players. I think it would be really fun but I don't know how many people would be able to participate with it still working. Anyways, if you are in support of this please let me know. If you are interested in cohosting when the time arrives let me know as well, but you would have to be very commited and an exceptional mafia player.

Er... If an anonymous game is too big of a deal I could just cohost a regular game with anyone who's interested. It will be Smogon-style, meaning everyone will have a role, but they will be kept secret from each other barring an alliance.This would make it more fun to play and possibly cut down on idling. There would also be a wolf role that aims to be the last man standing, but this would be given to an advances player. This would again probably be a bigger game but not nearly on anonymous-levels of involvement. If anybody would be interested in cohosting please VM me.

Are you talking about making a game on this forum for smogon style? That's what the main purpose of this thread is.

If you are wanting to do a smogon style mafia game on this forum, then I would be in.
    Secondly, what do you mean by "anonymous game?" Where no one knows who is playing?
    ~Nothing to see here~

An anonymous game can best be described by this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45796
    tl;dr: I make a completely different forum on breuleux or something similar, create a bunch of new accounts, assign each player one, and the game begins from there. Lynches are posted in a main thread, whereas the mafia would have their own private thread to talk in or their own IRC channel or whatever. This is obviously a big setup and again, I'd probably need a cohost, but I think it would be really fun.

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

This isn't the place to advertise your mafia games on other forums. This is where people plan mafia games for this forum.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

It's not for another forum. I would post a sign-up thread in this forum and then create the game in an alternate forums where the people from here would play.

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

Oh, I see.

What's the point of not holding it here, though?
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

Well, it would have to be on another forum for it to be anonymous. I would PM the players their account info on this forum, then the game would play out anonymously on the other forum. Of course, there's going to be some sort of secret communication form for the mafia, but it would be a fun and challenging game.

Yeah, I get what you're saying.

We can't host that sort of game here because that would require everyone playing to be getting new accounts to remain anonymous. It's much easier to do so on another forum so we don't make a bunch of accounts that become pointless after the game ends. I'd be down for that.

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Yeah, I get what you're saying.

We can't host that sort of game here because that would require everyone playing to be getting new accounts to remain anonymous. It's much easier to do so on another forum so we don't make a bunch of accounts that become pointless after the game ends. I'd be down for that.
    The best real way to play an anonymous game would be to make re-useable accounts like Anon. That way, they could be re-used for more anonymous games.

And of course you want to be anonymous, Ark. Heh.

Meta's suggestion would not work because we'd need multiple Anon accounts, which would massively clog up the forums, which would mean more work for the mods, which means
    But yeah, if anyone's intersted in cohosting please VM me ASAP if you can handle it.

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragon777 View Post
    Meta's suggestion would not work because we'd need multiple Anon accounts, which would massively clog up the forums, which would mean more work for the mods, which means
    But yeah, if anyone's intersted in cohosting please VM me ASAP if you can handle it.
    It would work, in theory. It could work.

And about, say, fifteen accounts shouldn't be too much work if they were re-used often.

Everyone who would play would need an account, and we average about twenty people per mafia game at the least. That's at least twenty accounts that some loser can end up abusing and ruin everyone's fun. Sure, Anon hasn't been abused yet, but the threat is still there.

There's nothing wrong with holding it on another forum. It's safer and saves the mods from a couple headaches.

I'd be up for this Anon game, would be quite interesting, and quite challenging if you can learn to mask your posting style.

In another note, I'm working on Pokemafia 2.0 still. The hardest part for me right now is figuring out what pokemon to use for the mafia(s) without them being known as a mafia group. An example of this is if I was to use Team Rocket and have a Meowth in the game. Instantly everyone will go to the fact that Meowth is Rocket, so take them out. So to counteract this I am trying to just find team names that would not elude to certain pokemon, or would elude to certain ones but not mean they are the big threats. I don't know. As for team names, right now I am 50/50 on if I want to use actual pokemon game bad guy teams or if I want to just make up new ones.

Mechanics for the game are somewhat there and being finalized. Currently the biggest problem I saw was the way you unlock your move pools back in PokeMafia 1. So to fix this, I have it set so that you have PP for all moves. Very small PP pool for BIG moves, and extremely large for the SMALL moves. Then to go along with that, certain moves will require certain NIGHT Phases to be able to be used. Within your move pool, the nights you can use those moves will be listed.

Example:
    Pokemon: Quilava
    Moves:
    • Lava Plume Ė During the night, choose a user to burn and take 10-damage. All users that target or come near the one you selected, will also get burned and take 5-damage. 2/2 PP
    • Scratch Ė During the night, choose a user to attack with your claws. This deals 2-damage. 12/15 PP

This is just a small example, of what I have so far. Actual numbers and PP will probably change, and actually choosing what moves to give each pokemon will be tough....let alone WHAT pokemon to use. My current idea is just to RNG 30 pokemon numbers (maybe excluding legendary) and go from there. Sure 30 is a LOT, but it gives room to have for "extras" or what not.

Of what I have so far, see anything or have any ideas on how I can go from here?
    ~Nothing to see here~

Tiger: I like the idea of a PokeMafia, I'll definitely get into that since I missed the first one.

Anyways, the forum I'm using will probably be provided by forumotion or something similar, and if it's alright with you guys I'd like to post the sign up thread now so that I can create roles for everyone. I'll give everyone 5 days to sign up. Do I need approval for this or can I just go ahead? In addition, there will probably be some sort of theme to the village and mafia faction in their role PMs.
    The reason I can't give an initial post is because I would like everyone who signs up to have a role, no matter how insignificant. Therefore, the roles will be unknown to everyone. I'll probably post the general rules in a bit.

By the way, I still need someone who would be interested in cohosting. I don't want to have to draft Seal and I'd like another experienced player's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Mind View Post
    It would work, in theory. It could work.

And about, say, fifteen accounts shouldn't be too much work if they were re-used often.
    I notice you never addressed this.

I think it would just be inconvenient, I see no reason why we should NOT put extra weight on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon777 View Post
    I think it would just be inconvenient, I see no reason why we should NOT put extra weight on the forum.
    Twenty more users. This makes how much of a difference in two thousand?

I also don't see why we should not outsource the extra weight to another forum. I understand that 20 isn't very much but it would still be inconvenient.
    Meta, unless you can persuade me otherwise we'll be doing it on another forum, which I see no problem with.

Thread Information