Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lololo Mafia Planning Thread

Lololo Mafia Planning Thread

This thread will be used to list the GMs for future Lololo mafia games.

When making your reservation, make sure that you post a rough draft of your mafia game's original post. This helps us ensure that you have a decent outline of the game planned out so we don't have people who reserve games, and never wind up starting them.

List of Mafia GMs:

Luigiguy - Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia
    Elfice - Mafia Crossing
    Ruane - Mods vs Vets: BitForums Mafia 2

Helpful/Interesting Links:

Violations and Consequences

• Talking from the dead to change the outcome of the game is the most obvious offense. Unless you were given a role which lets you do so, you must stay silent about details of the game. Chatting it up with alive folk to see how they're doing is okay as long as you don't give anything away.
    • Sharing screenshots of your inbox, private messages, and whatever else you can think of is against the rules. Showing someone you know in real life these things is essentially the same as screencapping. Copying and pasting conversations, private messages, and the like are okay (as they are much easier to forge) unless the GM has made a rule against it.
    • If you discover that some users (usually the mafia) are working within a chat room, you are not allowed to attempt to bust into this room. These rooms are simply there for convenience, so please, don't make it harder on people who prefer to communicate this way.
    • If you know that someone is breaking the rules, then tell the GM. Knowing that someone is cheating but not bringing this up to the host essentially makes you an accomplice/accessory.
    • Breaking these rules will result in a godkill and a suspension from two games. Repeat offenders will be permanently banned from participating in forum mafias.
    • Other forms of rule breaking are dependent on the game, and as such, will be taken up by the GM.

Join the BitF Mafia Chat

• Go to http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/
    • In the drop-down box, select NixTrix IRC
    • Input your username into the "Nick" box
    • In the "Channel" box, put #lololomafia
    • Hit "Connect" and join the channel!
    Last edited by Ark; March 19th, 2014 at 01:41 PM.

year of the salmon Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Re: Lololo Mafia Planning Thread

I'd be fine with running the next game.

Spoiler: The Cult - a darker twist on Mafia 
    Last edited by Lenore; June 10th, 2011 at 01:56 AM.

closer and closer
    we're crashing ships in the night

What Would Bayonetta Do? Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

This'll do me good to see how mine looks on the forums.

Spoiler: The Legend of Mafia: A Zelda-themed Mafia game 

Any questions/comments/suggestions/bashings about this? Let me know!
    Last edited by Elfice; July 1st, 2011 at 05:56 AM.
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

ebooks, Horse. (horse_ebooks). “Leg Butt” 18 Nov 2011, 12:38 PM. Tweet. Forum Veteran JSG's Avatar

Darn it, Elfice is going with that kind of Mafia too! So, let me get on with my Mafia...

Spoiler: Dreamland Mafia - A Kirby Themed Mafia 

So I decided to go back to the ol' original Mafias we went to, such as the Mario Mafia and SSB Mafia. I decided not to add anything fancy, and keep this at its roots for now.

I'm also considering of eliminating one of the rules to be able to have Godfathers kill, because there seems to be way to much people that can kill already (three per night? Yikes).
    Last edited by JSG; June 11th, 2011 at 12:51 PM.

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

Wow, I've been bumped down a bit. Here's hoping I can get in before December! :P

Mafia Down Under

The outback. A never-ending pile of orange sand, Kangaroos, and the occasional rock formation. God knows what drives people to live there. Not even the passengers of the airplane flying over the landscape could figure it out. Truly, this is a lonely lifestyle.

The drone of the engines was soon masked by the sound of a staticy voice. *BZZT*We will be arriving in Mawoombawa Airport in a few minutes, we hope you have enjoyed your flight with QANTAS-*BZZT* the PA system never finishes, as the plane starts to shake. The civilians on board start to panic, the Pilots looking over the city, wondering what the hell is going on. Over the city, there seems to be this giant...dome. "What the hell is that doing there?" The co-pilot asked. "And more importantly, why are we still flying into it?"

...and so, the story begins with tragedy. Down in the city below, the blood runs through the streets, the denizens of Mawoombawa erupted into chaos for a reason not very clear. That is, until a small band of vicious fellows arise ontop of a pile of bloodied bodies.

"ATTENTION THE CITY OF TAWOOMBA! WE, THE REBELS, HAVE DECIDED THAT WE'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS BORING LIFESTYLE, AND SO WE ARE REBELLING! JOIN OUR CAUSE OR DIE! WE MAY BE A SMALL BAND, BUT WE HAVE NUMBERS IN THE CROWD, SO YOU HAVE NO HOPE! YOU MUST SURRENDER!"

The townsfolk looked around. Some of them were Rebels? This couldn't be so! One of them stood up to argue.

"HEY, YOU RATBAGS! YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONES SICK OF THIS LIFESTYLE! I REPRESENT THE MADMEN, AND WE ALSO WANT TO KILL YOU ALL! YEAH! AND WE HAVE PEOPLE HIDING! YEAH! SO YOU CAN ALL DIE NOW! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The townsfolk were really scared. Sure, most of their numbers consisted of famous people and things from the famous people and things convention that was happening, but still...perhaps some of them were Rebels and Madmen?
    Alright, excuse plot out of the way, here's the rules:

Spoiler: MAFIA DOWN UNDER RULES 

Also I will not post roles unless someone can tell me a good reason. I can assure you that I'm currently balancing them, though, if that's any reassuring. However, they're currently all pretty much set in stone, I just can't write the PMs until the game starts. I can also assure you that everyone will have a role.
    Home with the milk in the morning / Singing the same old song
    ---
    ---
    ---
    It really does not matter what you are called, or where your work is placed, as long as it brings some kind of joy to some person some place.
    - Charles M. Schultz -

So I've updated the list since Lenore's game is over (good job town!). That means that Elfice's Legend of Mafia is gonna start up next, so good luck to everyone participating. Also...

Spoiler: :I 

New Nintendo 3D: Now we're talking ... to your toys Ruane's Avatar

I was thinking of hosting another game. After doing a theme mafia and a mafia with a twist, I've decided to try a vanilla mafia.

Spoiler: Castle Lololo Mafia Version 10.0 
    Last edited by Ruane; August 28th, 2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: updated
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Rune's whole thing is shovels. So yeah, he'd be able to find a way.
    This sig has been brought to you by PokeMarioGuy.

I decided that I want to try hosting a Mafia game, so...

Spoiler: Lololo Mafia v.11 
    Last edited by SSBBrawler; September 11th, 2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Adding some more roles

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

Hey guys, applying for assistance here.

I've modified my mafia after the run of 1vs2 becoming somewhat...constant, and going for a new format of 2 equal teams, each being in a partnership with someone else. However I'm having balancing issues, so that's where you come in.

If you have no interest in playing my mafia, then I would like your assistance to balancing things out. There are a few requirements, though:

1) You MUST have played at least one game of mafia before
    2) You MUST give me a reason why I should pick you (only picking one because I currently have 25 shoes to fill)
    3) If you help me out here I may give you hosting powers with me if I can't update as I'm away all September, but if you take up this YOU CANNOT PLAY IN THE GAME. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Cant have someone having an overwhelming advantage and all, considering I'm not releasing a full list of the roles.

So yeah, sorry if this is the wrong place but I'm kinda needing some help here and it'd be most appreciated! :D

Also I'll update with the revised rule, gimmick's still the same but it's just a different format of mafia.

EDIT: Wow, that was fast. Got my help, thanks very much! :D
    Last edited by AuraKnight; July 13th, 2011 at 11:33 PM.
    ---
    ---
    ---
    It really does not matter what you are called, or where your work is placed, as long as it brings some kind of joy to some person some place.
    - Charles M. Schultz -

HEy guys! i came up ith an idea!

How about a Psychic. Someone who can talk to dead people during the night phase, (right after the new death body is defined) and let them say their last words.

The dead user would aid him like telling who is the principal suspect for him, or either if he was a detective or a cop, the information he had during the game.
    In case of mafia dead bodies, they will say hidden messages, because who mafia wants his mafia dead? They will not be forced of givving a punctual fact, but they must give a clue for who a mafia is.

Well resuming it would be that.
    Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
    Behold, the Melt-inator 6-5000! It has a melting capacity... of 7! That's on a scale from 1 to 5, so that's a big number.
    I promise to hurt you the right way, with cartoonish physical violence and elaboarte traps made out of strange things I bought over the internet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler: *Hola* 

when we decline from the confines of our mind

Quote Originally Posted by pablosk8 View Post
    HEy guys! i came up ith an idea!

How about a Psychic. Someone who can talk to dead people during the night phase, (right after the new death body is defined) and let them say their last words.

The dead user would aid him like telling who is the principal suspect for him, or either if he was a detective or a cop, the information he had during the game.
    In case of mafia dead bodies, they will say hidden messages, because who mafia wants his mafia dead? They will not be forced of givving a punctual fact, but they must give a clue for who a mafia is.

Well resuming it would be that.
    Well, that sort of defeats the purpose of being dead, right?
    Death means you can't participate any more.
    If you know all the mafia members but have been keeping it secret in order to avoid death and you die, then you can release that list with no fear and the town wins immediately.
    Also applies to the mafia, as they can blurt out all the town roles they know.
    It makes it rather unfair either way.
    And from what you said, there'd be no way for the Psychic to release those words, unless you're going for a sort of Announcer-type deal.

Good thought, at least, but I can't see it happening.

Oh and to be on-topic, I'm planning a themed mafia, but I'm nowhere near done, so expect me in a while~
    Spoiler: How Unorganized 

Well i was actually thinking at not explicit texts... you knnow liike psychics say

"something is coming, i see an X or maybe a Y, what should this mean?"

It's just that dying randomly is kinda bothering, since a normal mafia game is done in 15 minutes, but these are done in not less that week and a half.
    The idea is that dead people gets his/her last words so they can participate, not directly, but like a little hint to get the game!
    Maybe to balance the game it could be a psychic and a witch, each one working at each side of the game.
    Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
    Behold, the Melt-inator 6-5000! It has a melting capacity... of 7! That's on a scale from 1 to 5, so that's a big number.
    I promise to hurt you the right way, with cartoonish physical violence and elaboarte traps made out of strange things I bought over the internet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler: *Hola* 

year of the salmon Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

I'm not really sold on the psychic either - people are usually killed off so that they can't say what they know, and the psychic seems to defeat that.

Anyway, I've been tossing around ideas for an uber-experimental game, but I can't guarantee anything. It's perhaps a little too out there to run. I'd like to try GMing something again, but I'd only be able to do it in December; summer's the only period of the year when I have that kind of time on my hands. (Lesson learned). Quite a while down the track, but possibly still worth a mention.

closer and closer
    we're crashing ships in the night

NICE GANK, DARKNER VIP Tigerman's Avatar

Whoever it was that did the Pokemafia, I am interested in doing another one of those. I don't know who else would be, but I want another pokemafia!
    ~Nothing to see here~

Too ignorant to be an oil tycoon VIP Curus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerman View Post
    Whoever it was that did the Pokemafia, I am interested in doing another one of those. I don't know who else would be, but I want another pokemafia!
    It was Dinosaurshotgun, and I too would be interested in one.
    Especially one where things don't go to &&&& at rapid pace.

Thirding this, putting my hand up for helping if Davy wants it because he totally beat me to the idea
    ---
    ---
    ---
    - Charles M. Schultz -

Self-Styled Hero

I've been working on a Halloween themed mafia game lately. I still need to do some work and fine-tuning with the roles, but I do have all the roles and rules in mind, so I can post it here.

(I'd like to play this game as close to Halloween as possible--say, starting about a week before October 31st?--so if others have a game ready before then, you're free to go before me. If one gets started and hasn't finished when I want to start mine, it's fine--I'll start it as soon as that one is done.)

This game will be quite a bit different (and more complex) than a standard mafia game because everyone gets a role and there will be a lot of one-time use night actions. Furthermore, rather than a standard "mafia dies = town wins, mafia outnumbers town = mafia wins" set up, every role has a set of win conditions based on a point system. Completing your objectives earns you points, and whoever has sufficient points at the end wins.

I'm hoping to get about 25 to 30 players when this goes up. If we end up with more, I might be able to expand on the roles so everyone gets to play (I'll be working on this in advance in case it's needed).

What follows is a rough draft of the opening post:
    ----------------------------------------------

New to mafia? This link gives you the basic rules! (Normally instead of a Cop, games have a Detective who can learn another player's specific role. Also, talking during the Night Phase is normally allowed.)

Spoiler: Specific Rules and Notes to This Game 

When the game begins, you will receive a PM with information about your role. Everyone gets a Role PM. The roles are listed below with a brief description of who they are and what they do. The specific abilities and win conditions will only be revealed in the Role PM. However, some of the roles listed here are red herrings and will not appear in the game. So beware. (NOTE: Depending on the number of players in this game, some of the roles not used may be removed from this list, but some red herrings will be left no matter what.)

Spoiler: Town Roles 

Spoiler: Mafia Roles 

Spoiler: Neutral Roles 

Spoiler: Winning The Game 

I think that due to the mafia game right now dieing off we should start a new one.
    1 - to skip current mafia

when we decline from the confines of our mind

Quote Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
    I think that due to the mafia game right now dieing off we should start a new one.
    1 - to skip current mafia
    I don't think it's died off. I still think there's PM problems. I feel like Aura would have told us otherwise.
    From what I've heard, Aura's worked quite hard on this, and if he wants to pass now and let it start later, that should be his decision, not ours.
    Spoiler: How Unorganized 

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

07:40 AuraPaladin[TF2] if there's another mafia let it go now, baseline

So yeah, if anyone else is ready then they can start up a mafia.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

Self-Styled Hero

I have about one day's worth of work to do just polishing up a few details with my game, so (while it will be a little late), I'll get the Halloween mafia game up soon. Expect it sometime this weekend.

Mafia Down Under isn't dead, but schoolwork's put it in suspended animation for a bit. People who already joined get preference when I re-start, and you'll keep the characters that I've given you (mainly because I'm not writing all those PMs and not using any of them lol). Maybe after Halloween Mafia who knows, I'll effectively re-submit it once schoolwork dies down.
    ---
    ---
    ---
    - Charles M. Schultz -

Woah, no new mafia ideas yet?
    I have a homestuck mafia idea.
    I'll post the rest of it when I get there, but here's what I got so far.

Spoiler: Mafiastuck 

I do believe this is good enough for a possibility now.
    Last edited by Ario; February 5th, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
    I'm back, baby.

New Nintendo 3D: Now we're talking ... to your toys Ruane's Avatar

I've had this game set up for a while now. Perhaps I'll just post it now.

Spoiler: Dawn of a new Mafia 

I also was working on a PokeMafia sequel involving the weather trio, but the game is difficult to set up and worse to balance. It might just be a dud. If I somehow complete it, I'll substitute in place of the vanilla game.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Rune's whole thing is shovels. So yeah, he'd be able to find a way.
    This sig has been brought to you by PokeMarioGuy.

Gonna hop in and say that Ruane's mafia is up next unless he wants to pass. If you're confused at why he's going before Ario, this is because Ario edited his post, which originally only contained the most basic ideas of how his mafia would work, at a later date.

Anyway, Ario, take a look at your mafia and ask yourself if that game actually seems like it's balanced. There are so many things wrong, and the first thing that comes to mind is the fact that in a game where there are two "even" sides, only one side has the power to kill, and that's the mafia with Karkat. The next thing that comes to mind, and correct me if I'm wrong here since your post is difficult to actually interpret, is the fact that the town actually starts off with one less person than the mafia since the Felt don't join until the Midnight Crew is out of the way. I can go on, but I really don't want this to come off as blatantly bashing your mafia since I'm sure you put thought into it.

Also, I really suggest not going for a game that has two sides which are equal in number. Mafia, at its core, is a game where one uninformed majority has to eliminate the informed minority. When both sides are "balanced", the game ultimately ends with the side that loses a member first losing the whole game. It also easily leads to stalemates in votes. Mafia Down Under is our example right here.

Just a tip, but I say that you should start smaller. One town made up of basic townies and two roles (detective and doctor), a mafia made up of about 4-5 people depending on how many people join, and a neutral vigilante who can join either side. Those are the basics, so just add on from there.
    Last edited by Ark; February 4th, 2012 at 07:21 PM.

Thread Information