Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirby Kirby Kirby

Awesome McAwesome Spriter vaporchu's Avatar

Re: Kirby Kirby Kirby

Ya know, as much as I prefer 2D platformers, I really want to see a 3D Kirby game on the Wii, just as long as it retains some aspects of 2D platformers like in some levels of SMG2 or even the Bowser levels in SM64. Good lord, it could be the greatest Kirby game ever if done right.

Remember the awesome Butter Building levels in Adventure, where you circled the tower? Imagine that, but with awesome camera angles. Plus, the copy abilities could offer far more diversity in gameplay in a 3D environment. For example, with Laser, you could point at an enemy using the Wiimote and lock-on, then fire the laser beam. With Sword, you could change the angle of your sword swings depending on how you swung the Wiimote. You could make Cutter work like an actual boomerang. This is the kind of depth that Kirby games have been lacking ever since Nightmare in Dreamland, and a 3D game would be a perfect way to bring it back in.

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

Hey Guys, there's still hope (albeit little)...Scroll down to page 8.

Admittably, it's not much hope. But being put in the excact same time bracket as Zelda Wii is hopefully a good thing, right?

right?
    Home with the milk in the morning / Singing the same old song
    ---
    ---
    ---
    It really does not matter what you are called, or where your work is placed, as long as it brings some kind of joy to some person some place.
    - Charles M. Schultz -

that really is very good. sucks that its TBA, in japan
    wasnt alot of earthbound/mother games in japan foreverbefore they made their way to america?
    I was going to put something useful and worthwhile here but.......I got lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    wasnt alot of earthbound/mother games in japan foreverbefore they made their way to america?
    Unless I'm mistaken, Mother 2 was the only one which made its way to America.

But Mother =/= Kirby. Seriously. Even if two games series are developed by the same company, that lends little to none to how marketable they are in foreign countries. That is to say, it should be obvious how much more popular and translatable Kirby is outside of Japan, when compared to Mother.

Show me ya moves: 0877-0665-3997

No not really. The only Mother game that came out in America didn't come out too long after the Japanese release.

EDIT: Posted simultaneously! A simulpost! Ignore me, Guy said stuff.

Back from a long, long journey That Freaking Charmander's Avatar

Well I'm just happy that there still working on it.
    On the bright side, GOLDEN SUN DS!

Stupid freaking everything. Torkirby's Avatar

I like how that's the same pdf file I posted before...

A week til E3, guys. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

guys this is about kirby, i thought, not mother or golden sun or whatever.

After all, I thought we have our own respective topics about this?

keep it on topic

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

It's not that easy bein' green mamthew42's Avatar

Re: Kirby Games

I love Kirby. I am not a fan of many series, but Kirby is the video game series I can safely say that I'm a fan of. I've played all the games a couple of times (not all of them by...legitimate...means), except for Tilt and Tumble which I put down pretty quickly due to it not really being a Kirby game.

My favorite Kirby game is KSS/U, with KDL3 in a close second. Least favorite platformers are SqSq (obviously), KAM (also relatively obvious) and K64. Best spinoffs are KAR, KCC and KKnK

I was actually introduced to the series (and video gaming in general) by a really good friend who's been a Kirby fan since he was four, though I really didn't become too huge a fan of the games myself until I played through all the games to help do research for that friend's Kirby fangame. Since then I've become a pretty vocal and active fan who just really loves these great games.
    thanks for the sig, scaarfii
    Proud staff member of Kirby Cosmic Chaos

I really don't understand what's so bad about Squeak Squad.

I mean, sure, it was nothing compared to some of the other games, but I still enjoyed it.

Amazing Mirror just confused me.

3DS FC: 3437-3070-4575

I like Super Star Ultra, I say it's one of the best in the series.

Click----------->Art Thread<-----------Click

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

sup

yeah

I think I've said most of my thoughts in the other topic but you could call me a Kirby fan. It's pretty much what really got me into gaming and Nintendo, so I have to thank Nightmare in Dreamland for that. I really like all the games I've played.

except Squeak Squad yeah

I wrote an essay of sorts on that, it's floating around somewhere here.

Quote Originally Posted by mamthew42 View Post
    Least favorite platformers are SqSq (obviously), KAM (also relatively obvious) and K64. B
    Please tell me how Amazing Mirror is bad. It's my favourite.

Anyway, I love love love me some Kirby. My first one was on the Wii's Virtual Console, Kirby's Adventure. Second one was Squeak Squad (Mouse Attack, whatever) and was thrilled at how it was pretty much more of the same. The sweet, lovely same.

Kirby games are always very well-made, I have to say. Even if they're easy and not too deep as games go, they're very solid products.

People think that Kirby games are for kids, but Kirby has some really dark and violent stuff. It's just because of how he looks.

KAM isn't close to bad; it's just one of the worst. It feels off, in terms of the music and the style, and a lot of the puzzles are the same thing over and over again. It's a great idea for a Kirby game pulled off relatively poorly.

For some reason, every time I play Super Star Ultra it erases my data... I just started my third file today.

And tomorrow I'm gonna start Meta Kightmare Ultra. But it'll be harder because of NO COPY.

Meta Knightmare Ultra's not hard, really. Like...at all. Any time you're close to dying, you can heal without a problem, and if you ever need it, you've got Crash right there.

Quote Originally Posted by mamthew42 View Post
    Meta Knightmare Ultra's not hard, really. Like...at all. Any time you're close to dying, you can heal without a problem, and if you ever need it, you've got Crash right there.
    Quite. Meta Knightmare Ultra is the entire game on easy mode and hyperspeed-adrenaline-rush mode simultaneously. I can only hope we'll see such awesome and manly unlockables in future Kirby games/remakes.

Show me ya moves: 0877-0665-3997

i thought kirby amazing mirror was friekin' sweet. if its the 'not knowing where this door will take me' problem, then consult your map. if you dont have the map: sucks for you. do some blink explorin'.
    meta knightmare ultra is really friekin' easy. but galacta knight with kirby, no healing, usually no helpers, or abilities.....*shudder*
    unless you just get an ability, oh, say.....fighter or sword?
    not hard, then.
    I was going to put something useful and worthwhile here but.......I got lazy.

Awesome McAwesome Spriter vaporchu's Avatar

Man, I wish there was a way to record my DS without resorting to a camera. I want to put up some vids of me charging through one of the Arena modes. Speaking of which, what are your best times in them?

Arena: 7:13:12(not that great...)
    True Arena: IDK, my best run I was playing around with the AR and used a code to get the Paint ability constantly. Probably somewhere around the 6-7 minute mark, maybe 5 and a half?
    Helper to Hero: 4:55:10(with Bonkers). Best time with Bio Spark is 6:47:95. That's the only helper that I've come close to beating one of Bonker's 3 times.

if its the 'not knowing where this door will take me' problem, then consult your map. if you dont have the map: sucks for you. do some blink explorin'.
    No, my opinion of the game has nothing to do with being lost in it. I've beaten it four or five times. It's just that Flagship really never figured out how to make a Kirby game, and it shows.

Though KAM is the better of the two Flagship games, so people who haven't played Kirby games before KNiDL or sometimes K64 usually think it's one of the best ones.

My favourite traditional Kirby game is Kirby Super Star (Ultra), with Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards closely behind. SS just throws so much at you and puts Kirby in a wide variety of situations and settings. The diversity of the objectives for the various worlds is cool, too. As for Kirby games that deviate from the norm, Kirby Canvas Curse takes the cake, followed closely by Kirby Air Ride. Canvas Curse is actually my favourite Kirby game because of the higher difficulty (in comparison to most other Kirby titles) and the genius of the stylus control. I would absolutely love to see a Canvas Curse 2, but I don't think CC1 sold all too well....

I really want Kirby's Epic Yarn. It's probably gonna be the best one yet. I really like Kirby: Air Ride.

I think Canvas Curse sold quite well. It sold a lot better than most recent Kirby games, that's for sure. I'm pretty much positive that if they do a sequel to a spinoff game, it'll be that one. Unless Yarn Game does well enough; then it might get a sequel first.

YOU CAN'T GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF SLIFY'S TITLE Slify's Avatar

I love Kirby and Dedede and stuff...but I'll tell the truth
    I don't really like-like any Kirby game that didn't have "Super Star" in its title
    Only losers use punctuation.

Thread Information