Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirby Kirby Kirby

He's black and is on the Pokemon White's Box Art Fat_Mario's Avatar

Kirby Kirby Kirby

Wow there's not Kirby topic yet

I love all of these games which I played, pink puffball is one of my favourite characters. My first game was Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland on GBA. Great remake.

So what are your opinions about Kirby?

All of these games are incredibly well-designed and user-friendly, I have to say.
    My favourite is the Amazing Mirror. Though all of them are games that are just plain fun.

Though there hasn't been a proper new Kirby game for oh so long. ...

Wheelie Rider
    Yeah, there's been hardly anything that could match or exceed Kirby Super Star. I would mention Ultra, but it disappointed me for a remake of the best Kirby ever. =<

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar
    Although I can see why many people like Super Star, I still prefer Smash Bros Brawl.
    To be serious, my favorite Kirby games are Dreamland 1+2. But I've to say that Adventure is also a really great game. Now don't kill me, but I like Kirby 64, too, but I think that his walking speed is a bit too slow.

What? No, my opinionisrightshutupandgo away Remaining Calm's Avatar
    I've never played Dreamland 2 or 3, but I have played 62 and Super Star/Ultra. :D

And wow, this hasn't been made yet

He's black and is on the Pokemon White's Box Art Fat_Mario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ⑨iygas View Post
    Now don't kill me, but I like Kirby 64, too, but I think that his walking speed is a bit too slow.
    Man, I love this game, but I think it's too easy. Mixed of worlds' themes and power-ups are the best thing. My favourite ability is this fire sword of doom.

Hey, didn't they say Kirby Wii might be released in March 20? It's, uh, March 16. Excuse me while I go barf of anticipation.

My opinions on each and every Kirby game (I've played)

KDL - Easy, but fun. Surprised me with the fact you can't touch Whispy's trunk.

KDL 2 - Not as good as the others, but still alright. My ROM was broken, though.

KDL 3 - Still playing it, but it is really good, I like it a lot

K64 - Only beat recently, but still fantastic. Miracle Matter was definitely the best boss ever, but 02 wasn't that good. Epic music, though.

K:NID - The first Kirby game I ever played beat every single mode 100%. One of my favorites

KatAM - The best one yet, a big ol' maze was a unique twist and had me playing nonstop for a month or two to get 100%.

KCC - I disliked this one, mostly because I wasn't quite used to the DS yet, and eventually partly broke the Touch Screen trying to get Kirby to move. Very frustrating, but I eventually beat it.

KSqSq - Super easy, but still alright. Easiest one, though. The addition of Ghost Kirby and mixing was cool.

KSSU - A remake it may be, but I never played KSS. This one was super fun, probably the second best. It took me a while, but I eventually got 101% complete!

Yeah, so overall the Kirby series is very good. They had better make a Kirby for the Wii!

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudodom View Post
    Hey, didn't they say Kirby Wii might be released in March 20? It's, uh, March 16. Excuse me while I go barf of anticipation.
    I highly doubt Nintendo would release a highly-anticipated game, starring one of their mascots, with very little warning.

I do, however, think that this year is the year that a new Kirby game comes out.

Anyway, I've only played Kirby's Adventure, but it's pretty fun stuff.

My favorite is kirby's dreamland 2. I love that game so much, but i dont liek finding the rainbow drops.

I also REALLY like canvas curse. the different gameplay was interesting and fun.

Least favorite, Nightmare in dreamland; its easier than adventure[the game its a remake of], extra is saveable, they replaced the egg minigame[cant remember the name right now], my favorite mnigame., and sound test is avalible form the start and doesent have the KDL title like adventure's had.

All they gave us was meta knight which wasnt that great of an addition.

Just my opinion.

Stupid freaking everything. Torkirby's Avatar
    Kirby. Best game series ever I don't care what you think haha. I gotta lot to sayyy

To start off, I have 14 Kirby games..

Kirby's Dream Land
    Kirby's Dream Land 2
    Kirby's Dream Land 3 (VC)
    Kirby's Pinball Land
    Kirby's Adventure (VC)
    Kirby Tilt N Tumble
    Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land
    Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (VC)
    Kirby Air Ride
    Kirby's Avalanche (VC)
    Kirby Canvas Curse
    Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
    Kirby Squeak Squad
    Kirby Super Star Ultra

Kirby Tilt N Tumble was my first Kirby game. I remember finding it at Toys R Us a little while before I got Pokemon Gold..probably 10 years agoo. Kirby's Adventure is and will always be my favoritee hence why it's underlined ha. I love the game, and I think it should be the best ever ha. I really like Super Star Ultra, the Dream Land games, and Crystal Shards too. I personally prefer Kirby's powers without the hat, like Beam Kirby in my current signature. I'm a pretty retro fan =) Still waiting for Kirby Wii though..ugh it has to come out alreadyyy!!

Kirby...pretty much took over my life ha. I've been drawing and making comics about him since like 2nd gradee, and trust me, I have a &&&&load of old pictures in the basement. I have a lot of Kirby merchandise, like plushies, figures, a shirt, and of course the games. There's really not too much Kirby stuff out there so I usually just make some myself, like some sculptures and a plushie. I actually am considering painting a big Kirby on the wall of my bedroom ha.

The animeee. Ugh I hate it so much. I mean I used to like it, but I slowly backed away from it for..obvious reasons ha.

I wanna consider myself the biggest fan on the forums but that would be kinda self centered ha.
    Last edited by Torkirby; March 16th, 2010 at 05:41 PM.

Kirby wins.

Hey, I heard that Kirby Wii is still on a TBA list. What are your opinions on a Kirby Wii?

If you want a video, try searching "Kirby Wii".

Well, if were going to tell people our collection, I have:

Kirby Wii
    Kirby's Avalanche
    Kirby's Adventure
    Kirby's Canvas Curse :D
    Kirby's Squeak Squad
    Kirby's Super Star Ultra
    Kirby's Air Ride
    Kirby's Dreamland 3
    Kirby's Amazing Mirror (counterfeit)

Canvas Curse is my favorite even if it's quite unusual from the other games. Uh, I can't save in Amazing Mirror and it's basically unbeatable. I have one plush. ;_; I want to buy more, but I don't live anywhere close to a place that sells stuff like that.

When someone says, "What's up," don't tell 'em about your butt. Forum Veteran MooseFondue's Avatar
    Kirby's a fun game and I love it, but I've played a regrettably low number of Kirby games. I own Squeak Squad, Super Star Ultra, and Crystal Shards. I loved all these games. Squeak Squad was fun, but WAY too short. SSU was not my favorite, but still decent. Crystal Shards is nostalgic, having played it in hotel rooms since I was little. I think the ability combination thing should be utilized more.

Why does nobody have Kirby's Dream Course?

You should give it a try. It's very addictive.

Wheelie Rider
    I have Dream Course on the Wii's Virtual Console. It's a neat mini-golf game starring Kirby. It can be challenging too when you're trying to medal the courses. A lot of the golds in the game require perfect hits to get Kirby to the hole in 1 to a few hits.

Played all the games in GBA and DS, plus 64. Best one is Amazing Mirror, no doubt. Second, Super Star Ultra. I didn't have enough patience to play Canvas Curse, so it's the one I like less. Can't stand that footless ball ._.
    No sig for you

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar
    I've played 11 Kirby games before.

Dream Land 1
    Dream Land 3
    Adventure
    Super Star
    Nightmare in Dream Land
    Amazing Mirror
    Air Ride
    Canvas Curse
    Squeak Squad
    Super Star Ultra

Some I have, some got broken, some were played through... other means. I think that's a large amount of them. I only played Dream Land once, and I haven't beaten Dream Land 3. Other than Air Ride and Canvas Curse I've beaten the rest absolutely 100%, some multiple times (not to sound obnoxious but I've had so many 100% Amazing Mirror files I deleted them quite often for new ones). The games are all great... except for Squeak Squad. Say what you will, but that's easily my least favorite. Even still I played it a lot.

I have Kirby, Animal Kirby, Ninja Kirby, and Meta Knight plushes. The former is very cuddly but the latter 3 are by a different company and are more for display. I also have a set of tiny figures of Kirby, plus a Waddle Dee and King Dedede. And some skating Ice Kirby I got from Burger King or something.

Needless to say I really like Kirby. Nightmare in Dream Land was the first one I played though. tbh it's quite hard to be very interested in Kirby right now, since it's been a while since his last game. Even longer if you don't count KSSU which was a remake.

Kirby Wii, make it happen already! Even Kirby Cosmic Chaos (a really awesome fangame) might get done before Kirby Wii does, and the people on it aren't huge companies with loads of cash like HAL and Nintendo are. Now I'm exaggerating but really this is taking so long.

Honestly I don't mind the anime much. I'd rather it was in the same universe as the games though, thus no annoying anime only characters.

... it seems like I can't hold a candle to Torkirby just yet. Ah well. I used to make a ton of hand-drawn Kirby comics and stuff but it's all really old and awful.

To be completley honest: I used to be the just about as big as a Kirby fan as Torkirby was, but I don't seem to care about the series so much as of due to lack of a new installment (Like Dynawing already mentioned) and how many other games seem to catch my attention in it's favor.

So far my favorite Kirby game is Nightmare in Dreamland, but I have yet to play the original Adventure and Amazing Mirror looks worth checking out as well.
    If any new Kirby comes out, I'd like to see an Air Ride sequel that improves on most of the problems the first one had. I doubt it will happen though.
    Maybe just once.

Wheelie Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudodom View Post
    Thats not quite how videogame releases work.

Forum Veteran Forum Veteran Sonic's Avatar
    The only Kirby games I have played are Super Star Ultra and Kirby's Adventure. Both good games, but I haven't been motivated much to play any others.

Out of those two, I found KSSU to be much better, mostly due to the larger amount of content and the variety in the different "games" within it. I also found it to be a fair bit more difficult, strangely (the True Arena especially). The only really tough part I remember from Adventure was the sun/moon bosses.

Thinking about trying Kirby's Dreamland next (since that is the original game), or possibly getting Kirby 64 off the VC. If the Kirby Wii game ever comes out, I might get that as well.

tumblr | last.fm | steam
    Skype: UWHuskies178 | 3DS FC: 2363-6130-2269 | Nintendo Network ID: Sawnik

Quote Originally Posted by Fat_Mario View Post
    Man, I love this game, but I think it's too easy. Mixed of worlds' themes and power-ups are the best thing. My favourite ability is this fire sword of doom.
    That applies to most of them though, with the exception of secret modes (Boss Battles, Arena, Dream Land Debug, etc.).

Kirby Super Star Ultra is competing with Brawl for the position of my favorite game I have ever had the privilege of playing. In terms of Kirby games, KSSU is followed of course by the regular Super Star, then by Air Ride('s City Trial). Overall, Kirby is probably my third favorite ongoing game series, treading closely behind Smash Bros. and Pokémon.

Since we're listing our collections or whatnot:
    - Dream Land (GB)
    - Adventure (NES)
    - Dream Land 2 (ROM)
    - Dream Course (SNES)
    - Avalanche (SNES) - if one's counting it as a Kirby game
    - Super Star (SNES/ROM)
    - Dream Land 3 (SNES/ROM)
    - Crystal Shards (N64/VC)
    - Tilt 'n' Tumble (GBC)
    - Nightmare in Dream Land (GBA)
    - Air Ride (GCN)
    - Amazing Mirror (GBA)
    - Canvas Curse (DS)
    - Squeak Squad (DS)
    - Super Star Ultra (DS)
    The games featuring Kirby I have yet to play are Pinball Land, Block Ball, Star Stacker, and Toy Box, the last of which will probably be forever out of my reach because of Satellaview. It seems almost odd excluding Dream Land 2, though, since I've only emulated it and never got more than halfway through the game... With most of the others, I've gotten to 100% completion at least once.

If Kirby Wii is not released within this year, someone's going to have to go up to HAL Laboratories, trip them, and then inform them that they are "too slow."
    Last edited by Guy; March 17th, 2010 at 04:58 AM.

Show me ya moves: 0877-0665-3997

Wheelie Rider
    Every Japanese studio of note is having slowdowns and delays right now (the current leader, no question, is Polyphony Digital and their obsessive perfectionism). Only one I can think of without is Nippon Ichi.

Am I the only one who didnt like Amazing Mirror. Its a giant maze where I never made it through the second level. I have no freaking Idea where to go. (And Ive gotten Metroid games 100%...)

My favorite Kirby games are Nightmare in Dreamland/Adventure and Kirby Super Star (Best kirby ever IMO).

I have literally played EVERY Kirby except Air Ride. I wanna play Air Ride so bad.

The first thing I thought when I saw the title was "that's a name you should know, Kirby Kirby Kirby he's the star of the show" etc. I loved that cartoon. Anyway, to be honest, the only one I've played is Canvas Curse (which was addictive but soon died off), but I'm totally gonna get Kirby Wii when it comes out.

If this doesn't tell you who my favourite character is, nothing will.

Thread Information