Page 794 of 796 FirstFirst ... 294694744784790791792793794795796 LastLast
Results 19,826 to 19,850 of 19886

Thread: ~OTCD vFinal - Postgame Edition~

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: ~OTCD vFinal - Postgame Edition~

Checked here for the first time in a few weeks, and man I just find it hilarious that the only "active" places on this forum now are a random CYOA, a topic about a blog that I've literally never seen posted in by anyone other than the dude who runs the blog (pretty sure he doesn't even look in other threads, also I feel like that's probably against our advertisement rules but lol), and this topic.

Remember when this place used to be lively?
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

wow I put my life and soul into that CYOA how dare you call it "random"

Yeah, this place has been slowly dying ever since the comic ended. I think we've pretty much reached the end of the line for this forum. Pretty much every group here has moved elsewhere.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Forum Moderator

I just find it shocking we STILL get posts at this point. It's not a lot, but every time I feel like the site's dead for sure, I check back and there's something new. It's bizarre, makes me wonder if it'll even be finally done by the time 2017 comes around.

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now

Shout out to the Wayback machine Ruane's Avatar

Even if this place is dead, its still an excellent resource for finding new games to play. I've grown to trust the judgement of this small community so I've been digging through Gamer's Corner topics. That is why I gave Zero Escape a second chance and promptly changed my avatar once I completed the game's last path. And thanks SNF for the tip. I did not save in the PEC room.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkan View Post
    With how ubiquitous platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr are these days, it's no wonder why Forums in general have gone down in popularity over the years.

And it makes sense really, those platforms offer more convenient and instantly-gratifying forums of discussion in many senses, but they lack the intimacy and freedom of posting on a community message board.
    While I absolutely agreed with much of what MKAN said, this line rings especially true. Reddit has become my new board, but it's just too vast. There is no common interest for all its members. I loved how this small forum united people under a common interest of Smash/Nintendo, but then contained different boards of our other interests. For instance, I would never join a political forum, but I found the Political Ideology polls fascinating as it shows the leanings of my video gaming peers.

I can't believe I had to look up the forum coding to insert that link. Has it really been that long since the forum died?
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Rune's whole thing is shovels. So yeah, he'd be able to find a way.
    This sig has been brought to you by PokeMarioGuy.

My house was broken into again. They stole my dad's computer tower, my NES + fifteen games (all but one), my GameCube (it was found, but stolen for real this time), a spare set of Nintendo AV cords, my Sega Genesis and all four games I had for it, my tablet, my netbook, my nephew's plug and play Namco games, and my nephew's piggy bank with money in it. They trashed my room, and my blankets that were on my bed were found in the other side of the house.

What a bunch of jackasses. Two break-ins in two weeks, and THE COPS HAVE DONE NOTHING TO STOP THIS. Multiple break-ins over the past few weeks, and the area where I live seems to not care if anything bad happens to me.

I could have died in a fire two months ago, and my g*****n mother asks if the f*****g china cabinet is okay! THE FREAKING CHINA CABINET!! That's showing real concern for the well-being of your own child. I have enough emotional issues as is, and she pulls this crap.

I've been living with my mom for the past two months and I absolutely HATE it here. It's not home. I don't have my bed, or my cats with me. It's lonely because I'm always alone here! I hate it here, and I want this long nightmare to br finally over... I just want it to be over...
    Monster Hunter Generations | Name: Yami G | HR: ???

"Welcome to the only thing scarier than IRS headquarters" ~Gex
    Xbox: YamiGekusu | PSN: YamiGekusu | Nintendo Network: YamiGekusu

Sekai wa mawaru to iu kedo EmpoleTRON's Avatar

I want to die.

I'm tired, and don't want any of this anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouser
    All users go. I may soon disappear. There is no need to dawdle on in the past. Let my words enlighten anyone who reads them.

Forum Moderator

2016's about to come to a close, and from the looks of things maybe this forum finally will too. I check in every other month or so just to see if this place has finally died... but for some reason we still have people posting. It's been winding down for a long time now, but we're currently the slowest we've ever been. So here's some postmortem fun facts about the zombie that this forum currently is:

There are only three active topics as of right now, Planned All Along, OshaliteX2's CYOA of Stuff, and Brawl in the Family Plays Pokemon Red.

There are only three active members right now, iamabrawler (topic creator of Planned All Along), OshaliteX2 (topic creator of OshaliteX2's CYOA of Stuff), and Sable-Xeno (topic creator of Brawl in the Family Plays Pokemon Red).

In all three of these topics, the only posts are those by the topic creator. There is no interaction, no crossover, nothing. Just whoever made the topic repeatedly posting in the topic.

And so I ask, why? Why are you guys even posting here? You're not talking with anyone. You're not interacting with anyone. Your CYOAs are not active here, and your blog posts are not being commented on here. Each of your topics are about as fruitful as if I made a private twitter, never allowed anyone to follow me, and used it to advertise some big project I'm working on. You're talking to yourself. This is especially bizarre considering that two of these topics are CYOAs... nobody is choosing an adventure here, so why are you updating here? Also I gotta call BS (edit: oh, right. I forgot we had a filter) on that Pokemon Red one. Kartana, the Gen 7 pokemon? Touhou, MLP, Steven Universe? The hell kind of Pokemon Red is this? But on a serious note: aren't both of these topics actually occurring over on #KUN? Why are you two updating here? Nobody who cares or participates in the CYOA will view it here. Stop it.

Going further down the rabbit hole... Planned All Along has had 340 posts as of right now, and only 15 of them were not by iamabrawler. This accounts for 56% of his posting history here. Dude, look, I suppose there's something admirable about your dedication here, but at this point this site isn't giving you any traffic, there's absolutely no point in continuing to post your blog's updates here. Considering how many of your posts in your blog topic are your own, it doesn't look like you ever got that much traffic from this site in the first place. So again I ask, why? I get it, you want your blog to get some attention, but at this rate you're wasting your time posting it here. Find somewhere else to advertise it, nobody's going to buy your stuff if you exclusively hang up fliers in a ghost town.

I get it, it can be hard to move on. But seriously, the three of you who are still posting really should move on. Just, come on already. Let this place die. You all have your own outlets, the CYOAs are on Keeby's site and iamabrawler's blog is its own website. Keep your posts there and let this place become the relic that it already is.

digital style Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

it has to be emphasised that only 6 non-sticky threads in off-topic have had posts in them for the entire year
    and one of them is iamabrawlers thread

Forum Moderator

Not only that: there have been 12 posts across 5 of those threads. In the sixth... Iamabrawler has posted 72 times in his blog thread. That's 86% of the activity in the Off-Topic board's nonsticked threads.

For further comparison, there were 37 (now 38) posts in this thread in 2016. That means that 60% of the activity on this entire board was Iamabrawler's blog thread. Roughly 30% of the forum's activity all year.

And we still have CYOAs being updated here despite not being active here. CYOAs are making up for around 60 to 65% of the forum's activity this year.

Okay, I'll be honest- the reason I still post the CYOA on here is so that it can be viewed in its entirety here when it finally reaches completion, like looking through a book, so to speak. Separating it onto two different forums, in my eyes, felt a little wrong, even though it was a necessary process, but if you really feel like I should stop posting here, I will.

Also, I will fite you on that 'nobody will read it here' point. I know for a fact Asphoxia, around only as much as a week ago (I think) was re-reading the story in its entirety here, as I was a while before that to look up information. The big reason behind this is because the story isn't exactly preserved like that on #Kun. It just has a recap to help newcomers follow along with what's happened. That said...posting more here would only make it confusing if the posts here stopped, and continued elsewhere, except it's actually several posts behind. So, if you so feel it necessary, I'll delete all unresponded-to posts and leave the simple message of it being continued elsewhere...and then link the rest there.

And since it was brought up, it's the kind of Pokemon Red you get when you give slightly more than free creativity to the responders in said CYOA, as well as the desire for references. This somehow gets a significant plot reason later on.

On an unrelated note, three people are nominating on the discord that I recap the entire CYOA to you. Lucky you!
    Last edited by Sable-Xeno; December 28th, 2016 at 05:06 PM.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

digital style Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sable-Xeno View Post
    On an unrelated note, three people are nominating on the discord that I recap the entire CYOA to you. Lucky you!

reciting your tl;dr &&&& thread to him will actually be a pretty decent form of torture for the poor &&&&&&&
    you should do it

...I will take that as a compliment. to be perfectly blunt, it'd probably be more torturous on my end

Four people!
    Last edited by Sable-Xeno; December 28th, 2016 at 07:04 PM.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

Forum Moderator

A quick note: "wtf kind of pokemon red is this" was a joke. Hence "but seriously" afterwards, I know how CYOAs go, especially historically on this site. &&&& gets crazy very quickly.

Second, you could always move all the stuff onto KUN too? That's where it's active and really, truly exists... wouldn't that feel better than posting on a dead site? Hell, that'd probably ultimately be a better format considering you could just dump post after post in quick succession without anything breaking it up. Also: four people participate in it and read it... congrats, you're making a point against a generalization with a not exactly impressive statistic. The way the internet is, it really wouldn't be especially difficult to just post a link to the continuation of the thread. It'd be the equivalent of going from one page to the next.

As for the recap... okay? You can spend your efforts on that if you'd like, but I don't really care about some random CYOA on the internet and I won't be reading it. No offense intended, you have your fun, I'm just saying if you go for it I'm probably not gonna pay much attention, if any at all.

The point of this, mind, isn't a NEED to stop posting here. The point of this is that it's a tiny bit insane that this site has been effectively dead for almost two years now, and we've still got people posting here. No interactions, just a zombie that people won't let go of. You don't NEED to but, seriously, I say just let go. Let the site die peacefully. It's just weird that it's getting posted in by people talking to themselves.

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    Also: four people participate in it and read it... congrats, you're making a point against a generalization with a not exactly impressive statistic. The way the internet is, it really wouldn't be especially difficult to just post a link to the continuation of the thread. It'd be the equivalent of going from one page to the next.
    I'm not exactly certain, but I don't think that is what Sable-Xeno was trying to say. I think he meant four people supported the recap, not four people still read the CYOA. The latter number is at least a little higher than that.

That aside, I too agree that the CYOA might as well just stay on #kun forums. Besides, the entire thing is saved on the Wayback Machine already, so no one even needs to specifically go to this site to see it. The way I see it, a minor break when it's transferred shouldn't really make a huge difference regarding the story being in one place, especially since you'd be missing the actions, which constitutes about half of what a CYOA is.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Moving it to #Kun, while it was an idea I had before just putting the recap there, was an idea I had for a while...sadly, a few things would prevent me from just putting every post on there. One, some image links break over time, which means I'd have to go over every single post I've made to see which ones are there. Two, while it would be nice to have the entire story on another forum, copy-pasting every single post would take me a long while, and that's even without editing them. I did put everything up on Wayback, though, as Planet said, so I do still have it presentable somewhere else in some form.

Everyone who responds to this CYOA, or ever did, does respond to the #Kun one, though, so I agree it's best left on there. I'll be deleting all the extra posts on here and leaving a formal ling for users to use, and I'm told from the Discord that Oshalite will be doing something smilar for his own CYOA.

Which leaves just iamabrawler and his blog

~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

Forum Moderator

let's be honest, planned all along will never die. Like two years from now it'll still be getting updates posted here.

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Well... the reason I used to post here was because I preferred the way BitForums let me type up CYOA updates. However, I can live without it since I should REALLY PROBABLY be moving out of here, considering its deadness and all. I'm currently in the process of copy-pasting all the updates onto a separate doc, once I finish that I'll kiss BitForums goodbye.
    Or maybe I could just use the Wayback Machine. Hmmm...
    Oh well sorry for lingering so long, I'll be gone as soon as I can!
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

woah, was there an actual conversation here?? crazy.

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by War P. Anda View Post
    woah, was there an actual conversation here?? crazy.
    gotta kinda love how an actual conversation sparked out of "jesus christ why are there so many posts and so little conversations going on here"

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

It's done. I've finally fully moved my CYOA (as well as ALL 173 UPDATES that were only here) to a new, better home. Now... I feel it's finally time to say goodbye to BitForums for good. (SAPPINESS INCOMING)
    BitForums was my first forum ever, and I'm sure others could say the same. When I first joined, I admit that I was a bit of a brat. No excuses. But from Castle Lololo to the Comic Discussion, I had a great time here. I couldn't have asked for a better first forum, full of some of the best mods, people, layout, smilies, and overall everything! I'll never forget this place, and will continue to follow BitF itself for as long as possible.
    Take care, everyone.

- OshaliteX2
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

Gonna say some last goodbyes to this place, too.

I met some really awesome people here. Sadly, some of them I've lost touch with, but others...Asphoxia (and by extension, Dimitri), Koopario, Planetbox, Xano, Puzzle, Spindow, Monarch, Oshalite...you guys have had a huge impact on the way I've socialized over the years. I'm glad I took the initiative to come here, and broaden my creative horizons.

Thank you.

~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

This was my first forum as well. Well, unless you count some messing around on GameFaqs.

I was kind of a troublemaker since I had little social skills and a general lack of knowledge on how you should act on a forum, and TBH I think about those times and have trouble sleeping (I guess because of guilt or whatever), and it got to the point where I would get panicked if I saw I had a PM in my inbox. And I was dealing with some... Personal issues as well that I never told anyone about. Having some, um, self-destructive thoughts, I guess. Thank goodness THAT'S in the past.

Well anyway I made some good friends here. I still talk to Yoshistar and Twisted Rosalia often. And I guess I learned from my mistakes here as I haven't received so much as a warning on any other forum I was active on, so that's cool.

Well, anyways. I have a couple good memories here. I'll miss the place a little. See you all on the flipside.

It's been five months since the fire. I'm still not home. My mother drives me f*****g insane and I can't stand it.

I feel like I've gone nowhere in life. I still don't have a job (applied to about six+ jobs in the past two weeks or so, and most of them rejected me already...), I still don't know how to drive and it's embarrassing. I'm conatantly compared to my sisters because I'm behind in life by my mother. I have little to no confidence in myself, even though things might get better soon...

I've been looking for a job for nearly nine years now and it's really wearing me out...
    Monster Hunter Generations | Name: Yami G | HR: ???

"Welcome to the only thing scarier than IRS headquarters" ~Gex
    Xbox: YamiGekusu | PSN: YamiGekusu | Nintendo Network: YamiGekusu

I can't think of a description. Sven's Avatar

So I happened on this place for old memories' sake and saw there's still like ten people here

Can this be like the wild west and everyone's a moderator? That'd be tight
    "Nice meme!"

If you see this message, I came back to see everything. I miss this forum in the old days :c Vi's Avatar

My God this place has dust and cobwebs all over it.

Yeahh... this was my first Forum as well. Hitting the highlight of being, I think, 13 or 14 years old and making an account on here. Met some hella cool people and the mods were awesome all around (congrats mods, you did your job well. As an old member, I am super proud of you if you see this post).

I went through 2 name changes. One to removed a smiley face off my original user name, and then go from Weegee to Vi. Thanks League of Legends, you killed the og name...
    God I still remember some parts of the old days. Back when the forum had the halloween event where we got to change our names to whoever we wanted and roleplay for days on end. Or the big rp event that was like the Oregon Trail (died within the first few posts lmao. I sucked). I remember the whole MLP RP that Giga started and I was just getting into the show at that point (good I jumped off after S3. Started to get meh after awhile). Bro got me into Idolm@ster (Miss you man. Never got to tell you that I finally finished the series recently).

Looking back, I forgot I had an old stream account for Twitch. Still got the terribad mic and emulator game usage. My new stream is better, but life gets rough when you're in college lol. Also Speedrunning became a thing in my life so cool hobbies for days.

All and all, it feels nice to see this old place again. I missed the old days where after I got done with school, I'd pop open facebook, youtube, and the forums on Firefox and casually enjoy the time spent here, whether it was the comic discussion, an rp contribution, talking bout games, or just spilling life into this thread. BitForums was a great place to really just open my social life. I've gotten some good life lessons from here that I never expected. Thanks guys. It's been a fun ride while it lasted. And I know I may be late to this sort of deal, but it's better than never am I right?

Welp. If any of you oldies see this post and think "I want to talk to that old Weegee guy again" You may have my steam still, idk. I am currently residing at the Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Forums. Though I don't post often anymore due to life just dragging me by the legs. If you need me, you'll find me by searching "LuckPercentSRL". This is my tag these days.

Seeya BitForums
    "Freeze!....Or don't, I don't care. "
    Spoiler: RAVE DANCE PARTY GO! 

Thread Information