Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Server problems (READ BEFORE YOU POST IN THE SITE ISSUES THREAD!)

The Keenspot Admin Forum Administrator Kisai's Avatar

Re: Server problems (READ BEFORE YOU POST IN THE SITE ISSUES THREAD!)

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    This sounds more like bandwidth being eaten up more than anything. The search engine bots would just be contributing to that, so it adds up in that regard.
    Definitely not bandwidth related. The bandwidth graphs show peaks and valleys. If it was bandwidth or capacity there would be flat plateaus.

If the forum isn't meant to be searchable, just throw in robots.txt and tell them to go away (or I can forcefully block them at the web server level), if it's meant to be searchable, then the "search friendly" links should be used so the search engine bots don't get lost. There's also a sitemap XML that can be built.

But realistically, the search engine bots shouldn't be causing 500 errors unless something in the page is causing excess processing time (eg repeatedly spamming the search button... which they can't do because of the captcha) So this goes back to something that isn't part of the stock install possibly being the culprit.

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

Re: Server problems (READ BEFORE YOU POST IN THE SITE ISSUES THREAD!)

The cache issue seems to be gone now, luckily.

I'm not getting 500 errors, so the forum is working fine for me.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

Thread Information