Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Level 30 Psychiatry: Now with 50% more website

Psychiatrist to the Video Game Stars Guybrush20X6's Avatar

Re: Webcomic Pilot- Gardevoir: Psychiatrist to the Video Game Stars

Fair enough, It'll give me more time to study for exams and do some more writing. Trying to do a story arc right now and it is difficult to balance the humour and exposition without it dragging on. I think I know how TriforceBun felt when writing this arc.

Thanks to LightSamus on ONM for the Sig.

Level 30 Psychiatry: The Comic that takes you into the Psyche of the Video Game stars.

Since nothing has happened to this thread in a while so I'm gonna post the script for part of the story arc I'm working on. It basically revolves around two new recruits to the Hospital, White Mage and Black Mage of Final Fantasy 1 fame and their various "first day blunders". For the record, they're in their Mario Hoops 3-on-3 apearences.

Panel 1:
    {Black Mage and White Mage in an elevator}
    Black Mage: BTW WM, why are you wearing your sports dress? Trying to go for the hot nurse look?
    White Mage: Your harassment and abuse of acronyms aside...

Panel 2:
    White Mage: My long robes simply aren’t practical in this environment. There’s always the chance they’d get snagged and cause me to trip. Or worse, someone else trips over them and then we’d be sued.

Panel 3:
    {Black Mage and White Mage exit}
    Black Mage: Pfft! You’re just paranoid. I bet you wear that tiara ‘cause you think it’ll keep away cell phone radiation.

Panel 4:
    {Elevator slams shut on Black Mage’s robes}

Panel 5:
    White Mage: I knew technology was advanced but who knew it was capable of poetic justice?
    Black Mage: {Hammering on door} Shut up! Stupid pile of scrap! OPEN DAMNIT!
    Voice from off-panel: Consider yourself lucky.

Panel 6:
    {Pans to reveal Gardevoir with her “skirt” caught in a door}
    Gardevoir: At least you can remove your dress to escape.
    Black Mage: {Furious} ROBE!

Level 30 Psychiatry: The Comic that takes you into the Psyche of the Video Game stars.

FEEL MY COIN-FILLED WRATH!!! 9kirby99's Avatar

...clever. I know this was said before, but it's very clever. Although...how do we know that gardevoir's dress is part of her body? I've always wondered...

And vote for us, too! GO METACRATS!

Thanks 9kirby99 and in my opinion (and for the purpose of this comic) Gardevoir's dress is part of her. But that mean it's her skin? Better not think about it too much.

Also I've been concidering renaming the comic to something that won't get me into trademark troubles. Can't use Gardevoir's name in the title cause it's trade marked and Psychiatrist to the Video Game Stars is a bit of a mouthful. Anyone got any ideas?

Expect to see me... sometimes? Koj09's Avatar

Heh, I've been trying to find a good title for my webcomic-to-be as well. XD

How about Psychiatry for Dummies? Just a suggestion. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Koj09 View Post
    Heh, I've been trying to find a good title for my webcomic-to-be as well. XD

How about Psychiatry for Dummies? Just a suggestion. :3
    I was thinking along the lines of something more pun based. The best I've got so far is "Psychiatrist Type".

BTW what is your webcomic about? Maybe I can help you with a name.

Banned

Hi Guybrush! I've been back from vacation for a while, but I'm currently recovering my art skills. (I didn't get any practice in D.C. ) I promise to have something for you by the weekend!

In the meantime, I like the new script!

I don't really see what the problem is with copyright. Pokemon-X has been getting away with it for years! Anyway, here are a few suggestions for ya:

VGPsychiatrists (bit of a rip-off of VGCats, but it has a nice ring!)
    Black Hole Psychiatry (Gardevoir's Pokedex entries frequently mention that it can create black holes)
    Level 30 Psychiatry (Kirlia evolves into Gardevoir at Level 30)
    Dr. Sirknight, MD (Gardevoir's Japanese romanization is "Sirknight;" we could play it off as her last name. Not sure if romanizations fall under copyright, though.)

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

I really like the Level 30 Psychiatry one, its clever and its a bit of an inside joke.

I'm also making a comic too, but mine has already a name, though I know how it feels to come up with a good title.

Creative mind at rest. Animaster's Avatar

This looks promising, can't wait to see more(partially since Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon). I'd do some art myself, but I've fallen into laziness and haven't drawn anything in ages(sort of a lie, I recently started drawing up a picture for my aunt, but only time will tell if I shall finish it). That and I can't draw on a computer to save my life. I'm simply too used to drawing on paper.
    My art thread should be up and running. Be sure to stop by and comment.
    I like animals, but especially cats.  I should probably change my sig, though.  Eh, I'll do it later.
    NNID- Animaster
    My 3DS Friend Code: 3007-8121-5204
    Dream Suite: It's different now. I'll update it about a century from now.

I'm liking "Level 30 Psychiatry" but if anyone thinks thay have a better idea please speak up.

Also I've had a couple of ideas for taglines

"Because not all problems can be fixed by a rest in the Inn."
    "Scientology's #1 most hated webcomic."
    "A comic about helping others, finding yourself and lackluster cafeteria food."

I like "Because not all problems can be fixed by a rest in the inn"

Bronze trophy from the YouTube Caption Contest (courtesy of Deucey_Dee_Brawl)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi
    You may be a minority of one, but the truth is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Epesi View Post
    My best July 4th ever was the one where I had to run for my life from explosives. (A note: the fact that a guy works for NASA doesn't necessarily mean he knows which end of a rocket is up.)

Here's a name: "Psychiatry: The game."

Seems clever to ME.

I got word back from Giganerd that it'll be some more time before the art is done so to pass the time I whipped this one together

Case XX:“I just do what comes to me naturally”

Panel 1:
    {Amy Rose on the couch}
    Gardevoir: Ok Amy, let’s try Word Association. I say a word and you say what word first springs to mind.

Panel 2:
    Gardevoir: Freedom.
    Amy: Sonic.

Panel 3:
    Gardevoir: Parsley.

Panel 4:
    Gardevoir: Hydrophobic.

Panel 5:
    Gardevoir: Rejection.
    Amy: {Angrily} HAMMER!

Panel 6:
    Gardevoir: {Worried} Troubling.
    Amy: {Normal} Shadow.

Free secret reward to whoever identifies the obscure reference.
    Last edited by Guybrush20X6; April 18th, 2011 at 07:39 AM.

Hmm... is Parsley on chilidogs? Or are you refering to Hydrophobic, which means fear of water, whcih Sonic has? That comic just brightened my day.

Close with the parsley. Nothing to do with chilli dogs, here's a hint: Sonic Adventure music.

Just A Passing Through Masked Rider, Remember That! mattwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush20X6 View Post
    Since nothing has happened to this thread in a while so I'm gonna post the script for part of the story arc I'm working on. It basically revolves around two new recruits to the Hospital, White Mage and Black Mage of Final Fantasy 1 fame and their various "first day blunders". For the record, they're in their Mario Hoops 3-on-3 apearences.

Panel 1:
    {Black Mage and White Mage in an elevator}
    Black Mage: BTW WM, why are you wearing your sports dress? Trying to go for the hot nurse look?
    White Mage: Your harassment and abuse of acronyms aside...

Panel 2:
    White Mage: My long robes simply aren’t practical in this environment. There’s always the chance they’d get snagged and cause me to trip. Or worse, someone else trips over them and then we’d be sued.

Panel 3:
    {Black Mage and White Mage exit}
    Black Mage: Pfft! You’re just paranoid. I bet you wear that tiara ‘cause you think it’ll keep away cell phone radiation.

Panel 4:
    {Elevator slams shut on Black Mage’s robes}

Panel 5:
    White Mage: I knew technology was advanced but who knew it was capable of poetic justice?
    Black Mage: {Hammering on door} Shut up! Stupid pile of scrap! OPEN DAMNIT!
    Voice from off-panel: Consider yourself lucky.

Panel 6:
    {Pans to reveal Gardevoir with her “skirt” caught in a door}
    Gardevoir: At least you can remove your dress to escape.
    Black Mage: {Furious} ROBE!
    Funny sounds like something out of 8-bit theater. Aside from BM being a doctor that is. His apathy would mean he wouldn't even WANT to be one (unless it was part of a scam). I doubt he'd want to remove his robe too. Kind of a black mage law or something.

"I was a passing through Masked Rider before you, Remember that!"

As the most handsome and experienced-in-the-ways-of-art person in the room, I must say.
    This gets my approval.

good job.

I thought of one:
    Vegeta: Some people mock me for choosing the life of a good guy. Say that my "warrior's pride" is now non-existent because I settled down with bulma. Always asking what the scouter says EVEN THOUGH I DON'T USE ONE ANYMORE.
    Gardevoir: I see. How do you normally respond to such words?
    Vegeta: I....er....kinda.....kill them
    Gardevoir: *taking notes* So for your lack of a proper comeback you resort to violence? Have you tried asking what they would do if THEY were one of the last of their kind? Ask what they would do in your shoes: Stay evil and let a low class warrior be the last of your kind, or reproduce?
    Vegeta: You know, you're right!

Later:

Skutank and team skull come crashing through several walls and land conveniently in Gardevoir's office. Dead.
    Vegeta: You know what? I think I prefer *eyes narrow before he puts on sunglasses* killing them!
    Off-screen: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm.. not sure where the joke is going with that one mattwo. Besides from the CSI sunglasses meme. And besides when I deal with injuries and death I prefer to stick to the character's original series. For example Pokemon don't die or bleed they just faint, Megaman characters can take silly amounts of damage and be fine until they hit 0 health and explode. And characters who die horribly comical deaths, still do so. As this early comic demonstrates.

Case 3 Witch [Left 4 Dead]

Panel 1:
    Witch: *sob* I donít remember the last time anyone was willing to listen to me. *sniff*

Gardevoir: Thatís what Iím here for.

Panel 2:
    Witch: Well it started with this outbreak of rabies or something and then everyone starts going crazy and attacking each other. Soon everyone I ever knew is either dead or bats insane. I ran off to find somewhere quiet to hide *sob* then I look at my hands and I realise Iíve become one of the monsters. *sob* Then to make things worse four loons with shotguns show up and one tries to blow my head off. So I start shredding him with my bare hands and then-

Panel 3:
    SFX: Creak.
    {The witch screams}
    Left 4 Dead HUD: Roger has startled the Witch!
    Gardevoir: Please calm down. Itís only Mr. Wilco the ja...

Panel 4:
    {The witch dives off-screen and blood splatters behind her}
    Gardevoir: {Horrified} ...nit...or...

Panel 5:
    Space Quest Textbox: Wow. Who wouldíve thought that opening a door with a big sign saying ďDO NOT OPENĒ in big red letters would lead to your death? Try and learn from your mistakes next time Roger.

Panel 6:
    Gardevoir: The worst part is that, when Roger comes back to life, heíll have to mop up his own shredded remains.

And in the first comic Gardevoir mentions having a stash of 1-up mushrooms in case something goes wrong. Though quite how they let Mario come back after plunging into a lava pool I'll never know.

NIIIIIICE. Though, I think Gardevoir should help someone that happens to have anger issues next...*cough*Knuckles*Cough*

Umm.. not sure where the joke is going with that one mattwo. Besides from the CSI sunglasses meme. And besides when I deal with injuries and death I prefer to stick to the character's original series. For example Pokemon don't die or bleed they just faint, Megaman characters can take silly amounts of damage and be fine until they hit 0 health and explode. And characters who die horribly comical deaths, still do so. As this early comic demonstrates.
    Ummm....

And in the first comic Gardevoir mentions having a stash of 1-up mushrooms in case something goes wrong. Though quite how they let Mario come back after plunging into a lava pool I'll never know.
    I wasn't canonicly killing em anyway. I was gonna say they weren't really dead or something but you kind of did that for me...

Team skull were never really known for being kind, and I needed some one that would pick on Vegita for emphasis on the point he didn't change....at all. (Actual Canon aside that is)

Quote Originally Posted by 9kirby99 View Post
    NIIIIIICE. Though, I think Gardevoir should help someone that happens to have anger issues next...*cough*Knuckles*Cough*
    Thanks for the inspiration 9kirby99 but rather than his anger (Kratos has that covered) I decided to take a swipe at his other problem, Gulibility.

Case XX Knuckles

Panel 1:
    Gardevoir: Contrary to what your doctor told you Knuckles, I think the problem isn’t anger issues, its trust.
    Knuckles: Trust?

Panel 2:
    Gardevoir: You’ve lived alone most of your life, tasked by your ancestors to guard a giant gem of great power from those who’d abuse its power or sell it on eBay so when other sentient beings finally came to the island you didn’t know who to trust or how to tell lies from fact.

Panel 3:
    Gardevoir: Because of this certain people kept deceiving you and you were slow to learn from experience. This naturally leads to anger so the best thing might be to think twice about what people say.

Panel 4:
    Gardevoir: And on a similar topic, I checked the medication your doctor prescribed for your anger against the registry and it turns out there is no such drug. You’ve been given a placebo.
    Knuckles: {Holding a pill bottle} What!? I guess that explains why they were so minty.

Panel 5:
    Gardevoir: {Holding and looking in the bottle} These are breath mints in a pill bottle. Just who is the doctor who prescribed these?
    Knuckles: {Cracks knuckles} I’ll be seeing him this afternoon.

Panel 6:
    {Cut to Knuckles pounding the living snot out of Eggman in Eggman’s base}
    Knuckles: I should’ve known your doctorate wasn’t in medicine.
    Eggman: You may have defeated me but you still have to forever live with the shame of paying $400 for Tic-Tacs. It looks like evil is still victorious this day.
    Knuckles: Then allow me to give me your prize, a free moustache removal.

And a little bonus

Panel 1:
    Gardevoir: {Holding the fake pills} What am I supposed to do with these?

Panel 2:
    {Louis enters; grab the “pills”; leaves}
    Louis: Pills here!

Panel 3:
    Gardevoir: {Shrugs} Oh well, can’t look a gift Rapidash in the mouth.

Banned

Thanks for the inspiration 9kirby99 but rather than his anger (Kratos has that covered) I decided to take a swipe at his other problem, Gulibility.

Case XX Knuckles

Panel 1:
    Gardevoir: Contrary to what your doctor told you Knuckles, I think the problem isn’t anger issues, its trust.
    Knuckles: Trust?

Panel 2:
    Gardevoir: You’ve lived alone most of your life, tasked by your ancestors to guard a giant gem of great power from those who’d abuse its power or sell it on eBay so when other sentient beings finally came to the island you didn’t know who to trust or how to tell lies from fact.

Panel 3:
    Gardevoir: Because of this certain people kept deceiving you and you were slow to learn from experience. This naturally leads to anger so the best thing might be to think twice about what people say.

Panel 4:
    Gardevoir: And on a similar topic, I checked the medication your doctor prescribed for your anger against the registry and it turns out there is no such drug. You’ve been given a placebo.
    Knuckles: {Holding a pill bottle} What!? I guess that explains why they were so minty.

Panel 5:
    Gardevoir: {Holding and looking in the bottle} These are breath mints in a pill bottle. Just who is the doctor who prescribed these?
    Knuckles: {Cracks knuckles} I’ll be seeing him this afternoon.

Panel 6:
    {Cut to Knuckles pounding the living snot out of Eggman in Eggman’s base}
    Knuckles: I should’ve known your doctorate wasn’t in medicine.
    Eggman: You may have defeated me but you still have to forever live with the shame of paying $400 for Tic-Tacs. It looks like evil is still victorious this day.
    Knuckles: Then allow me to give me your prize, a free moustache removal.

And a little bonus

Panel 1:
    Gardevoir: {Holding the fake pills} What am I supposed to do with these?

Panel 2:
    {Louis enters; grab the “pills”; leaves}
    Louis: Pills here!

Panel 3:
    Gardevoir: {Shrugs} Oh well, can’t look a gift Rapidash in the mouth.

This one sounds interesting, and I'm having trouble drawing Link. I think I'll start on this one first!

I WILL HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU THIS WEEK.

YESH! I FORESAW THE COMIC! *fist pump*

Now I foresee...the tables turned! Gardevoir on the couch! But who is the psyciatrist?

Eh I never got the "pills here" thing. I don't really plan on playing L4D2 or whatever game he came from to find out either...

I've actually heard it before in a couple of GMod TF2 machinimas tho.

Thread Information