Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ~BitF Fun Facts/Q&A Thread~

Administrator Forum Administrator TriforceBun's Avatar

~BitF Fun Facts/Q&A Thread~

If Brawl in the Family was a DVD set, consider this the set of Easter Eggs: cut stuff, hidden stuff, even director's commentary (of sorts)! I'll be updating this initial post with fun facts when I feel like it, and in the meantime, you can ask me whatever you want about the comic itself and I'll attempt to answer!

~NEWEST~

Just moved to the different board! To celebrate, I pose a challenge for the BitF readers--there is still a Mr. Saturn tucked away in one of the comics that no one has found yet. The only hint I'll give is that he's in a 2009 strip. First one to correctly find him gets something small! (how's that for incentive) Like a mention in a comic blog post or something. FOREVER. EDIT: AuraKnight found him! The answer's below if you wanna know...

~INTERVIEWS~

-2P Start Podcast interview!
    -An text interview I did in Feb 2010.

~MORE FUN FACTS~

-Most people are aware that BitF started on IGN and GameFAQs as random Photobucket images that I just called "Kirby Comics." The first 6 were posted, then the response was good so I continued making more up until around comic 31.

-The world's first look at BitF!

Took me awhile to come up with the name, though. Here is a list of other titles I was considering...

Cute Little Poot
    You Must Recover!
    Way of the Sakurai
    Smash Ball
    Brawl in the Family (obviously, I picked this one)
    Brawl About Nintendo
    Brawl Things Considered
    Kirb Your Enthusiasm
    Brawl-Stars
    Penguin Marshmallow
    F-Flab
    Real Men Use Items
    Stamina Mega Flower Curry Heavy Slow ANGLED Brawl

-Comic 115 contains a parody song of You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch, but since I couldn't make it 80 panels long, I had to cut some stuff for time. Here's the removed stanza:

You're a stinker, Dedede.
    You're a funky Wario Waft.
    You're as useful as the shovelware that comes from Ubi Soft
    For the Wiii-ii...

(spoken) "Imagine Babiez"? What the heck!? These games aren't for... (sung)
    Anyone over threee!

-A couple months ago, a fan actually made a video about the comic. It's pretty well-done, and the classy presentation of the first strip makes me laugh.

-Want to see me? This is a video I made for a film class over a year ago. Hopefully you get some form of amusement out of it.

-Really quick 'n sloppy animation I did

-All about A Mushroom Kingdom Carol

There are some fun facts. Got a question for me about the comic? Ask it in this thread!
    Last edited by TriforceBun; March 20th, 2010 at 12:08 AM.
    Mario Kart Wii number: 0088 - 3484 - 3729

When someone says, "What's up," don't tell 'em about your butt. Forum Veteran MooseFondue's Avatar
    Good to see this thread back. Behind the scene things are always interesting.
    HOWEVER. The whole secret Saturn thing will drive me crazy now.
    I'm assuming it's not the one behind Ike in Where's Waluigi.
    I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say 125 - Babysitting, in the light yellow stuff in the second panel.
    I looked through the 2009 comics TWICE, man.

What? No, my opinionisrightshutupandgo away Remaining Calm's Avatar
    Why didn't you chose Kirb Your Enthusiasm????????

Why did you make what he is today??

Quote Originally Posted by MooseFondue View Post
    Good to see this thread back. Behind the scene things are always interesting.
    HOWEVER. The whole secret Saturn thing will drive me crazy now.
    I'm assuming it's not the one behind Ike in Where's Waluigi.
    I'm going to have to go out on a limb and say 125 - Babysitting, in the light yellow stuff in the second panel.
    I looked through the 2009 comics TWICE, man.
    That IS one, actually! But unfortunately, it was discovered at the time of that posting. But still, good eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Remaining Calm View Post
    Why didn't you chose Kirb Your Enthusiasm????????
    Well, I'd never seen the show and I thought it made a little less sense (grammatically) than "Brawl in the Family".

Why did you make what he is today??
    I've always kinda liked ol' Waluigi and think his oddball, obnoxious nature could always be taken to new heights.

Villager is going to be Top Tier Piemaster's Avatar
    I highly doubt the hidden Mr.Saturn is on the King of Red Lions Head in the Waluigi Triloigi, because it's two obvious.
    BUT I have good experience with I Spy books. I WILL FIND HIM.
    Spoiler: Open me! :D 
    [/FONT]

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar
    "Stamina Mega Flower Curry Heavy Slow ANGLED Brawl"

Can you imagine the URL for that one? SMFCHSAB would have been quite the anagram. :P

Oh, and a question, do you plan to make any more Final Fantasy references or was the one in Ode To Minions just a one off? I would understand if you didn't, as this is focused on the properties featured in Brawl, but it would be interesting to see more FF-love.

I'm pretty sure an FF character appeared in 190-Where's WaLuigi?

That's no good... :< Hero of Winds's Avatar
    HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY LISTEN!

I THINK I found that Secret Mr. Saturn...

It's my first Mr. Saturn EVER... OH EMM GEE...

I mean... it's that Mr. Saturn in the blackboard in "150 - Comic Strip"... ISN'T IT?

Amirite or amirite?
    Last edited by Hero of Winds; March 12th, 2010 at 07:10 PM.
    Do teh Luigi... NOW!

Wow. I wasn't going to say anything, but I think Hero of Winds is right. I never had noticed it before!

As for a question: do you have any favorite webcomics, other than your own?
    Do the Kirby!

Here's a question:

What make you think those titles for this site?

TUMBLR :: BACKLOGGERY :: STEAM
    visit my acnl town! 5700-3154-2713

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar
    For the Mr. Saturn Hunt: I'm going out on a limb here, but let me take your interest to comic 187 - Exercise. Look at the pile of food in the last panel - is that indeed the face of a Mr. Saturn, made of food? If you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, tell me, and I'll make it a bit clearer.

Anyways, Question time!

In Ode to Minions, is that a Video Game track being played during "Taxes and bills to pay"?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFellowWithTheHat View Post
    Oh, and a question, do you plan to make any more Final Fantasy references or was the one in Ode To Minions just a one off? I would understand if you didn't, as this is focused on the properties featured in Brawl, but it would be interesting to see more FF-love.
    Mog showed up in comic 190 (Where's Waluigi?). FF is an odd series to me--I really like a handful of the games but I haven't really kept up on it post-PSX era. But that said, I think FF3/6 is a MASTERPIECE and my second-favorite game ever. So it's not completely out of the question, but if it's a Final Fantasy comic/reference, it'll almost certainly involve a character that's been in FF3/6 (like Mog). There's also magicite in comic 094 (Furniture).

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Winds View Post
    HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY LISTEN!

I THINK I found that Secret Mr. Saturn...

It's my first Mr. Saturn EVER... OH EMM GEE...

I mean... it's that Mr. Saturn in the blackboard in "150 - Comic Strip"... ISN'T IT?

Amirite or amirite?
    This is a hard-to-find one indeed, good eye! However, it's been noticed before, but not by many!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLord View Post
    As for a question: do you have any favorite webcomics, other than your own?
    Strangely, I don't really follow webcomics, to be honest. I like to check up on some that often have Nintendo-related jokes (like 2PStart and Awkward Zombie), but a lot of gaming webcomics nowadays often center on the latest PS3/Xbox 360 games, so I'm often a little lost when reading them. I know there's a lot more to the webcomic world than gaming ones, but I haven't quite found one that's held my attention for a long time yet. That might just be me though. I also have a lot of respect for the Penny-Arcade guys, even though I don't regularly check up on their strip, for setting a lot of precedents in the webcomic world and starting up cool things outside of their comic like PAX and the charities.

Quote Originally Posted by JSG View Post
    Here's a question:

What make you think those titles for this site?
    The comic titles themselves, or the ones in the first post? For the former, I usually aim for something simple and descriptive that doesn't give away the punchline. "Shoulders" is a weird title, but I didn't want to call it "St. Patrick's Day" or "Green" as that'd blow the joke. I often want to have the titles also give a little precursory information going in, like the most recent one ("Boss Tryouts"--after reading the title and seeing the first panel, it's clear that Dedede is judging tryouts for a boss position).

For the latter, it was mainly me brainstorming, often for puns (Way of the Sakurai, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    For the Mr. Saturn Hunt: I'm going out on a limb here, but let me take your interest to comic 187 - Exercise. Look at the pile of food in the last panel - is that indeed the face of a Mr. Saturn, made of food? If you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, tell me, and I'll make it a bit clearer.

WE HAVE A WINNER

You got it! Congrats! (for the confused, it's right below the "rotten eclair" of Mother 3 fame. The egg is one eye, the grape is the other)

For your reward, you get to request a smiley expression! Just name a Nintendo/BitF character and what kind of expression you want him/her to have, and I'll get to drawing it for the boards!

In Ode to Minions, is that a Video Game track being played during "Taxes and bills to pay"?
    Nope, although the synth string part there is actually a nod to another song I wrote (for the Phoenix Wright Musical). The game music in Ode to Minions is as follows:

-right after "news about their son" (Super Mario Bros. theme)
    -"...that you're sorry for the Mets you fried just to grab an extra screw" (Wily Castle 1 in Mega Man 2 played by marimba)
    -right after "imps you killed for EXP" (first five notes of Terra's Theme from Final Fantasy 3/6)

Cute Little Poot
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Look at the pile of food in the last panel - is that indeed the face of a Mr. Saturn, made of food?
    I don't see it. Help me out a little?

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    (it's right below the "rotten eclair" of Mother 3 fame. The egg is one eye, the grape is the other)
    Couldn't have said it any better myself.

waitaminute...

*goes off to plan smiley*

is trying so hard to spread the word about HarmoKnight fergzilla's Avatar
    Where did come from?
    Last edited by fergzilla; March 22nd, 2010 at 10:46 AM.

Lost Levels C-3 >:(=( jdaster64's Avatar
    Comic 151: WitF, only viewable in its full here on the old site. (Specifically, 0000005)

is trying so hard to spread the word about HarmoKnight fergzilla's Avatar
    I mean, where did the idea for came from?

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Waluigi has said "Waluigi Time!" in a whole bunch of video games he's been in, it's a direct quote. The "Too bad" part just kinda helped add to a few WitF jokes
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Cute Little Poot thespacephantom's Avatar
    From the guest comic, how does a FALCOLN PWANCH make Waluigi crazy? I know the FALCOLN PWANCH is strong, but...

Quote Originally Posted by thespacephantom View Post
    From the guest comic, how does a FALCOLN PWANCH make Waluigi crazy? I know the FALCOLN PWANCH is strong, but...
    It's considered non-canon. So you don't have to think about the answer to that. Besides in canon, the Falcon Punch would knock Waluigi out of the universe, down three universes, and a right at the Acapulco universe. =P

there's math and there's dealers and players and killers and me Dragon's Avatar

Re: ~BitF Fun Facts/Q&A Thread~

Here's a question for both of you. What's your top three brawl characters? And when you brawl, who usually wins?
    Last edited by Dragon; May 2nd, 2010 at 10:09 AM.

Cute Little Poot

Great thread, I've been wondering about some of these.
    So, my questions: Were there any cut lyrics for Ode to Minions like there were for HTKSC? And this might have been asked before, but what program do you use to arrange the music for these songs?

Lost Levels C-3 >:(=( jdaster64's Avatar

Just a question, how does Dedede expect to make any money taking bets on whether the sun or moon will win in Comic 82-5? If he pays 2:1 on the sun and 3:1 on the moon, he'll likely end up losing 1/6 of the money invested!
    Last edited by jdaster64; April 5th, 2010 at 02:55 PM.

Check out my piano arrangements of video game music here!
    3DS Friend Code: 4141-3026-8303 ("Lucas" in Pokémon X, FS: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Drifblim)

Currently Obsessed with Primary Colors JKLM's Avatar

I think I've asked this question before, but i was wondering, Do you have chord listings for Ode to minions? Just wonderin.
    PUT THE BUNNY BACK IN THE FREAKING BOX

Look at the cuteness!!!!! Blazingstar's Avatar
    In a house, in a room, cleaning it with a broom!!!

I had a question for you TB since i saw the character pannels..... when the new pannels are filled up will there be more characters to add after the five now?
    A better galaxy game.....
    Help me hatch the eggs and raise the dragons here:http://dragcave.net/user/Magical_star
    Help my pokemon grow! http://my.gpxpl.us/Blazingpichus

Thread Information