Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Bad Translator

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

Re: Bad Translator

Okay, this one's pretty silly.

Spoiler: Long Version 

Spoiler: Short Version 

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

For as little sense as the original text makes in context (and it barely makes sense IN context, too), the translator makes it make even LESS sense, if that was even possible.

Spoiler: WARNING: SILLY WALL OF TEXT. 

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

The Villager of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Sable-Xeno View Post
    For as little sense as the original text makes in context (and it barely makes sense IN context, too), the translator makes it make even LESS sense, if that was even possible.

Spoiler: WARNING: SILLY WALL OF TEXT. 
    Tax facts sounds like some sort of PSA on taxes xD

Now, I imagine Popplio balancing an Oshawott's Scalchop on his nose... gamer2332's Avatar
    Let's just say Lively Town and get on with it... (Though for real, Georgia)

Translated "You Will Know Our Names!" (A song from Xenoblade) 43 times, and it says...
    "I know his name!"
    Apparently, Seviper evolves into Arbok, and WATER TYPES are weak against FIRE TYPES! (Guess that means I can't have Fennekin as a partner...)

DAMMIT, 4KIDS, YOU HAD ONE JOB!

I'll take all the chances I can get to make "subtle" jabs against Ash Ketch Jack S***!

To vex the world rather than divert it. Villerar's Avatar

Original text: "i can't wait to bomb some dodongos"
    Yandex (43, random order): "I was hoping to dodongos "

Original text: "my hovercraft is full of eels"
    Yandex (43, random order): "Air, I traveled all over the world "

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

"Hail hydra"

...43 translations later, Yandex gives us:

"Good luck on the water."

SO THAT'S WHAT THEY REALLY MEANT THIS WHOLE TIME

EDIT: So I put in my current user title.

"RAINBOW CROWNED FLOWER"

"Responsible for the flowers."

I'm trying to decide if I should make that my new user title...
    Last edited by Deucey Dee; March 8th, 2015 at 04:42 AM.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

To vex the world rather than divert it. Villerar's Avatar

Original text: "Goodbye Lenin" (The name of a German movie.)
    Yandex (43): "This will change soon."

Original text: "Uhhh_III is a brainless bot."
    Yandex (43): "Uhhh_III shoes" (I guess Uhhh_III took it over.)

Original text: "Uhhh_III is a brainless bot."
    Yandex (43, random order): "Uhhh_III the brain of the robot."

Original text: "But I, unlike other Robin Hoods, do not dance with wolves."
    Yandex (43, random order): "But I don't know how Robin hood serigala shop ???,no,no,no."

Original text: "But I, unlike other Robin Hoods, enjoy wearing tights."
    Yandex (43, random order): "But Robin GUDY not want them to f&&&ing."

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Original: "Your face feels shiny.
    You wonder why BUG was in all caps, but then kick yourself for breaking the fourth wall."
    (an excerpt from my CYOA)

Yandex (43, Random): "As someone else. Unfortunately, this is not fashion savvy people, I don't know why he had to destroy four walls."

What?
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

String output=Yandex("Stop badgering me, I'm doing it this way anyways", 43);
    System.out.print(output)

Results

No seriously, that was the output. Just "Results." which is kinda really funny.
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

Now, I imagine Popplio balancing an Oshawott's Scalchop on his nose... gamer2332's Avatar
    Let's just say Lively Town and get on with it... (Though for real, Georgia)

Call my tinker! Call my tailor! Call the candlestick maker! (This is a line from a Hamtaro episode, for reference)

And this (exluding the parenned section) was translated to...

I! You should read size! The title of the work in the office!

Yeah, that just happened!
    Apparently, Seviper evolves into Arbok, and WATER TYPES are weak against FIRE TYPES! (Guess that means I can't have Fennekin as a partner...)

DAMMIT, 4KIDS, YOU HAD ONE JOB!

I'll take all the chances I can get to make "subtle" jabs against Ash Ketch Jack S***!

Cute Little Poot

original text : ''never gonna give you up never gonna let you down never gonna run around and desert you'' 43 translations later... ''I will leave you in the wilderness''
    Last edited by germany; September 16th, 2015 at 02:26 PM.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Okay, so I ended up trying three translations.

Original text:
    "Translator on the web, tell me, who is the best Smash Bro of them all?"

...43 translations later:
    "Translation of page still plus the best for the Day, who's going to tell me? "

...okay....

Original text:
    "One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them"

"The power of the ring, together,one ring to find chain ring black "

Last, but not least.

Original text:
    "Who would win, Doctor Eggman or Doctor Wily?"

"Our last cat doctor service;"
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Cute Little Poot

"This is impossible to translate because it's impossible to translate the impossible, hence it being impossible. I'd like to see bad translator translate this without messing it up terribly. Here goes nothing..."

...56 translations later we get:

"Not available outside the uk. Disorder on the screen it, the bad guy here .... ... ... ... ... ... ..."

what?
    Last edited by germany; September 16th, 2015 at 02:26 PM.

Wow. XD

Lets try a line from the error banner while we have it.

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Becomes

"Warningreg_replace()/e is preg_replace_callback ..../includes/class_bbcode.php you should use line 2958 "

...okay... I like the emote.

Also, I think I might start translating some quotes from the CYOAs.

Praile: "NAY! It is to fight with honor! To reclaim for us that wich has been wrought out of our hands! For as long as Xano continues to RP as Mewtwo, the very fact of whether or not this is a CyOA is brought into question! For he does not want US to choose our adventure! Instead, he'd rather choose our adventure for us! And that adventure is DEATH! No, we must fight! Fight for the right to choose our own paths! Our own destinies! Together, we can choose our OWN adventure!"
    43 Translations later...

"Three! two! Self. war and faith! We, once again,not everything is in our hands!!!don't have to! I don't know, you should consider if you want to save the problem, if the pokemon Cyoa!!! It's not dangerous to us, there are a lot of choices, on the other hand,you want to grab this opportunity! And it's not alive, but we must fight! Choose his own path. however,you need to select the text."

Yup, definitely going to translate stuff from CYOAs now.

I tried having it translate the lyrics to She's an Angel by The Queenstons.

Original text:

"I'm glad you're by my side, exchanging patterns of breath in the cold. I'm here to teach you to fly. I'll drop you when you're ready to soar and break the mold."

"I'm glad that I was back and forth, at first glance, the shower, I am calm. I will teach you to fly. If you are looking to go, when to go, and fungi."

...Nailed it.
    Spoiler: [SEIZURE WARNING?] ==> 

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzle044 View Post
    "Three! two! Self. war and faith! We, once again,not everything is in our hands!!!don't have to! I don't know, you should consider if you want to save the problem, if the pokemon Cyoa!!! It's not dangerous to us, there are a lot of choices, on the other hand,you want to grab this opportunity! And it's not alive, but we must fight! Choose his own path. however,you need to select the text."
    "...Huh."

Okay, since Puzzler's going to do it...how's about I do some CYOA translations, myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Von Karma
    "DO YOU REALIZE JUST HOW MANY LAWS YOU'VE BEEN BREAKING WITH YOUR MERE PRESCENCE ALONE?!? DISREGARDING ALL LAWS OF TIME TRAVEL, INTER-DIMENTIONAL REGULATIONS, ISAAC ASIMOV'S THREE LAWS OF ROBOTICS...AND DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME YOU DON'T COUNT AS A ROBOT! NOT TO MENTION ALL THE FORUM RULES YOU NO DOUBT BENT WHEN HACKING INTO ANOTHER PERSON'S PROFILE, AND THE UNSPOKEN RULE OF NOT COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHER PEOPLE'S OCS! I APPROXIMATE YOUR PREVIOUS STATEMENT OF BEING UNBEATABLE COULD WARRANT LAWSUITS FROM AT LEAST 4 OTHER RPERS, TOPS! IN FACT, YOU'RE VERY STATEMENT THAT THE POSSIBLE DEATH OF YOUR RPER, XENO, WOULDN'T STOP YOU IS PURELY FLAWED! NOT TO MENTION YOUR PROCLAMATION OF BEING THE NET! THAT STATEMENT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! NO ONE PERSON CAN BE THE NET, MUCH LESS INHERIT IT! TRUST ME, I'VE TRIED! WHY, I COULD GET IN TROUBLE FOR TAKING UP SO MUCH SPACE ON THIS PAGE WITH COMPLETELY OVERSIZED TEXT, BUT EVEN THE REAL DAMAGE I MIGHT CAUSE COMES NOTHING CLOSE TO THE FICTIONAL DAMAGE YOU'VE DONE, WHICH COULD BORDERLINE TEAR THE FABRIC OF THE VERY MULTIVERSE ITSELF! FURTHERMORE-"
    43 translations later...

"You know what your rights are violated, and unity? Don't worry, it's the law and have the opportunity to travel all over the country, by Isaac Asimov the three laws of mechanics, I have to say, taking into account the rules here, of course, in the bag, on the other hand, almost can't tell, but for me, the rest, I think we're good! Actually, at least 4 others in having a competition, most people where I can't convince them that this is a copy of the show, I'll probably die. 'It's just quality. I don't like ??????? do not forget that this report be deleted!!! It's a little, oh, no, it doesn't make sense, I know, believe me I've tried, I don't know! X-strange,cold, warm, I don't feel the text and in this part of the world can cause damage to destroy a large part this organization! Application In "

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

Nice. XD

Here's a quote from Marcus Von Crimson.
    ""First off, I have to happily decline your offer, for I already AM a member of Team Rocket. Second of all, you have no right to be manipulating these innocent civilians to your own wicked ends! Don't deny that you've done so! I'm part Marcus! Part of me makes it his JOB to needlessly spy on everyone and everything, to know all that can be done to manipulate others to my ends. But mind you, I don't ACT on those means...at least, not on innocents like these! Sure, I may be a minor, but I only acted as such against myself in a case of part self-defence, parttrying to extcract valuable information! You are a very, VERY trashy man, and you should be ashamed of yourself! I will beat down trashy man like you! For when I become the most powerful Pokemantorney in the world, you shall FEAR and RESPECT Volcano Bakemeat!""
    43 translations later...

"And don't even have the ability to choose what is more important, and I accept your offer, I'm in a group fire. we must understand him a little better!!! I don't deny that, but it's not happening! t. I! Of course!!! He wanted to be a part of the action of the wind when you know the information that has to decide who all members ??????? and if not, then I guess it doesn't mean I don't want to, at least I know why he's so childish. clearly x is better, but it's important to protect information, there is no need to earn them a party! People like You, not jifta?ar!!! The strongest Pokemon in the world tour, volcano Bakemeat with respect and fear!"

Volcano Bakemeat remains flawless.

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

"SO I guess translating quotes from our CYOAs is a thing now..."
    ~later~
    "I think this is the translation,but CYOAs Internet..."

"Yeah, the Snow Guardian's are powerful creatures that can manipulate ice however they please. They are very intelligent, observing a group before stealing their suspected valuables and making them follow it so it can kill and eat them in its lair."
    ~later~
    "Thus, the protection of snow, very strong and led control, but this did not happen, monkeys, and, most importantly, tracking and classification of the first question of his grave, kill and eat."

Monkeys?
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

Peregrine City, in a tall tower. Because why not?

Waddlesail has given us:
    Fi??? FI????????

"Master, your wii remote is low on batteries because you are too lazy to walk over and get new ones."
    Lessee what we get after 43 in Yandex...

"?? Faith;???????Online? At the same time, because it isn't a game you lazy control."
    Wow.

Spoiler: Quotes, May 2015 (The Splatoon testfire's first hour in a nutshell) 

Three Nintendo groups in one pic! Amazing! TriMushroomStar's Avatar
    Ha! Like I would tell you! I would have to kill you if I did.

That was anticlimactic. I typed, "Do you guys play Pokemon?" 33 Yandex translations later, I get: "Pokemon.;" I don't know why the semi-colon is there. Then I typed, "I'm eating a 100% organic free range black bean vegan burrito." 33 later, "I eat 100% organic degrees of freedom, black beans, vegetables and bread." I do love some degrees of freedom. 33 translations of that, and I get: "100% degrees of freedom, vegetables, vegetables, vegetables, bread." A whole lot of vegetables. 33 translations of that, and I got:
    "100% degrees of freedom, vegetables, fruits, vegetables, bread." Fruit?!? Where did fruit come from?!?
    "Oh, but what's the point of tests if you don't learn anything?"
    -King Bumi (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Thread Information