Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies Thread

Re: Movies Thread

I watched Kung Pow yesterday, and even the second time, it's still as funny as ever. And having all the voices
    dubbed with the main character
    is just hilarious.
    A Moment of Change

It may seem so that I can't see, but the darkness provides the light for me Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

I saw A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) last night with the lights off.
    I slept like a log. Oh.
    It was still a great film, I loved Englund's performance. I hope he can do Freddy's voice naturally.

ded

Watching The Onion Movie on G4.

HOW COULD THIS BE DIRECT-TO-VIDEO? It's like, the funniest movie ever!
    i'm pretty much dead here...pm me if any of y'all wanna talk B^)

The only thing worse than a sorrowful end is knowing that it is certain to come. Forum Veteran Meteora's Avatar
    I've decided against making a witty comment in favor of actually giving my location: I live in PA.

I saw that Max Payne was on TV a couple of nights ago and randomly decided to watch it, hoping that it wasn't as bad as many thought.

In the end, it was. Sure, it had some pretty nice action scenes, but the whole plot seemed rushed, and the ending was pretty "meh" to me. Eh, at least it kept me entertained. Kind of.

Oh, and reading about Minority Report makes me really want to see it, as I've never seen it before.

We long to remember that which we wish we could forget.

Aspiring Prinny Guitarist icbmdood's Avatar

Just watched Fight Club. What the F***?!
    Adonai Yeshua
    Proud Supporter of Invisible Children
    Go Nihon Falcom!

It's a shotgun opera and the fat lady is singing tonight Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Just watched The Guardians of Ga'hoole on a whim today. It has all of my guilty pleasures in one movie:

1) Talking Animals
    2) Youth Fantasy
    3) Uber-dramatic bullet-timey battle scenes
    4) Owl City

It was actually surprisingly good, and is quite possibly the first movie based on a youth fantasy novel (outside of Harry Potter) to actually be enjoyable for me in a non-snarky way. I can actually enjoy most movies by making fun of them, especially with my dad, but this one was fairly good, if a little hokey at the end.

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar

So I just saw Thor, and it was good!

Finally a superhero movie that accepts the fact it's a little silly but still rolls with it.

Plus it looks very nice, and the action scenes are exciting, and it is genuinely quite funny at parts.

The 3D was really subtle too but I don't really have a problem with that.

So yeah a superhero movie that has fun and leaves you feeling happy after it. Sure seriousness is good and all but I was getting bored of it honestly.

It may seem so that I can't see, but the darkness provides the light for me Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

I recently saw The Fast and the Furious 5.
    It was ridiculous, over the top, and the laws of physics didn't apply to it.
    I thought it was great.

I watched Forest Gump last night...It sort of changed my perspective on life , and I really enjoyed that movie.
    A Moment of Change

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar

so after watching X-Men First Class a couple of days ago I decided to watch the rest of the X-Men movies since I never got around to it.

I just watched 1 and... Hmm. It was odd. I dunno it didn't seem to take itself seriously very much, even though I've heard a few people say it took itself too seriously.
    I mean one of the bad guys is a guy with a super sticky tongue called "Toad" and Mystique now has the ability to transform into the statue of Liberty for some reason.

But I can't begrudge it too much, Solid Snake wrote the screenplay!

Anyhoo, First Class was brilliant, X-Men 1 was... Okay. Maybe it's because I watched them in the wrong order. Hmm.

The only thing worse than a sorrowful end is knowing that it is certain to come. Forum Veteran Meteora's Avatar
    I've decided against making a witty comment in favor of actually giving my location: I live in PA.

Just watched Gran Torino last night, and although it was somewhat predictable and had some understandably bad acting in it, it had several powerful scenes and taught a good lesson.

Overall, it was a pretty decent movie.

Generic User Title. Cheezperson's Avatar

Just watched Donnie Darko the other day. While I can see how some people might not like it, I found it to have very engaging writing and cinematography, and Jake Gyllenhall did a really great job. Great movie, I just hope the rumors of a sequel aren't true.
    Shameless Self-promotion.
    Spoiler: FC's 

Just saw Hangover pt.II. Definitely not as funny as the first (obviously) but way more disturbing.
    Adonai Yeshua
    Go Nihon Falcom!

year of the salmon Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezperson View Post
    Just watched Donnie Darko the other day. While I can see how some people might not like it, I found it to have very engaging writing and cinematography, and Jake Gyllenhall did a really great job. Great movie, I just hope the rumors of a sequel aren't true.
    There is a sequel, which came out in 2009. It looks terrible - its IMDB score is 3.8/10. It also went straight to video, eep.

closer and closer
    we're crashing ships in the night

It's a shotgun opera and the fat lady is singing tonight Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar

Watched Tangled last night, and honestly I was pretty skeptical, given that it was going to be yet another Disney Princess movie. However, I was just flat-out impressed by how well-written and well-animated it was. The dialogue was much funnier than I had anticipated, and the ending was just plain touching.

Scones and tea are delicious Luna_Kat's Avatar

I recently watched Guardians of Ga'Hoole, and was actually surprised how good it was! People said it was horrible, but I watched it anyway and thought it was great. I had to look up what a gizzard was though. :P I also watched Scott Pilgrim vs. the World again for the third time, great, GREAT movie btw.
    Hey I'm Grump! I'm not so Grump!

Banned

I saw spaceballs in gm class due to the heat wave. Funny movie for the most part.

"I'm surrounded by A&@)#@s!

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    Watched Tangled last night, and honestly I was pretty skeptical, given that it was going to be yet another Disney Princess movie. However, I was just flat-out impressed by how well-written and well-animated it was. The dialogue was much funnier than I had anticipated, and the ending was just plain touching.
    Same here.

Anyway, I watched Taken for the second time last night, and wow, it's basically nonstop action - perhaps too much for its own good. I felt as if the movie skipped ahead too much. That, along with the fact that there were some loose ends that were never really tied up made it feel like a rushed movie, to a degree. It was a powerful movie, yes, but I think it'd be for the better if it just slowed down a bit.

It was decent, overall, but it traveled way too fast for its own good.

I watched Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Teador and I was in utter dismay at the lack of story, and cheesy effects. I lost most respect for the creators of the movie series. The movie gave the impression that they hurried the entire movie, and they didn't give details to the islands. They skipped around too much for anyone too really understand what happened, unless you read or heard the book, then you might have a idea with what happened.
    A Moment of Change

year of the salmon Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

So, I finally watched V for Vendetta the other night. Background: I've wanted to see it for ages and ages, and I finally watched it because we're studying it in English class. I have to say that I was honestly a little underwhelmed. Sure,
    V's final fight scene
    was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in any movie ever, but, well, the rest of it wasn't that impressive. I guess that was really a byproduct of me mentally hyping it up for years. Still, kinda disappointed...

closer and closer
    we're crashing ships in the night

Just finished watching Slumdog Millionaire, and I really enjoyed it.

The cinematography was fantastic, and the storyline was engrossing. When you get right down to it, the plot is very basic-it's about a boy searching for the girl he loves-but it's told in such an original way that it almost feels new. And that's what I love about it.

I just watched The Secret of Kells.

Wow.

Just... wow.

The animation work alone made me want to shed a tear. Seriously, I have never seen such beautiful 2-D - no, just any animation style whatsover, that wowed me so much. The story and characters were all so wonderfully done that when the dark part of the story kicks in, it just feels like a punch to the gut.

Watch this movie. Watch it. Watch it.

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

Wow.

Just... wow.

The animation work alone made me want to shed a tear. Seriously, I have never seen such beautiful 2-D - no, just any animation style whatsover, that wowed me so much. The story and characters were all so wonderfully done that when the dark part of the story kicks in, it just feels like a punch to the gut.

I've seen part of that movie, but not much of it. I can confirm that the animation is very creative.

Banned

Oh my goodness Poper's Penguins is so horrible, I hate it, do not see it.

Wow.

Just... wow.

I watched that a while ago. That is an amazing movie. I definitely agree with you on all points.
    Adonai Yeshua
    Go Nihon Falcom!

Thread Information