Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Movies Thread

Re: Movies Thread

So a few days ago, my family was planning on seeing Jurrasic World, but apparently the movie was so popular, it sold out at that theater, so we just saw Inside Out, instead. And even then, the showing for that was packed. Overall, Inside Out was an absolutely great movie, taking from someone who enjoys speculation on how the human mind works. Also,
    The part where Bing Bong faded away was an absolute tear jerker, and abstract thought was my favorite scene. I know it was Pixar's trademark "Run away or die" part of the movie, but just watching Joy, Sadness, and Bing Bong de-rez into 2D shapes made me chuckle watching.

PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PowerMiner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redandgreen43 View Post
    So a few days ago, my family was planning on seeing Jurrasic World, but apparently the movie was so popular, it sold out at that theater, so we just saw Inside Out, instead. And even then, the showing for that was packed. Overall, Inside Out was an absolutely great movie, taking from someone who enjoys speculation on how the human mind works. Also,
    The part where Bing Bong faded away was an absolute tear jerker, and abstract thought was my favorite scene. I know it was Pixar's trademark "Run away or die" part of the movie, but just watching Joy, Sadness, and Bing Bong de-rez into 2D shapes made me chuckle watching.
    I saw both Jurrasic World and Inside Out, and Inside Out was way better imo
    I have no Jurrasic Park nostalgia, though, I just thought it was funny how hilariously stupid they were creating dinosaurs, but I think that's just a jurrasic park thing...

Inside Out was just much more emotional and unique and creative and funny and Jurassic World just didn't excite or interest me too much
    It was alright though
    Smash WiiU Challenges: 139/140 JUST 40 SOMETHING CUSTOM MOVES LEFT
    Smash 3DS Challenges: 133/135

Three Nintendo groups in one pic! Amazing! TriMushroomStar's Avatar
    Ha! Like I would tell you! I would have to kill you if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMiner View Post
    I saw both Jurrasic World and Inside Out, and Inside Out was way better imo
    I have no Jurrasic Park nostalgia, though, I just thought it was funny how hilariously stupid they were creating dinosaurs, but I think that's just a jurrasic park thing...

Inside Out was just much more emotional and unique and creative and funny and Jurassic World just didn't excite or interest me too much
    It was alright though
    My thoughts exactly. Jurassic World was cool, seeing how much better the animation is, but Inside Out, to me, felt like the better movie. More feeling, more depth.
    "Oh, but what's the point of tests if you don't learn anything?"
    -King Bumi (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Cute Little Poot

I finally saw World War Z off iTunes the other day, and it was horrible. Zombies are pretty "played out" at this point, and the genre didn't get any help when they released this load of steamy poo. The movie was nothing like the book... aside from the fact that zombies were present. I've said many times that WWZ could only work as a television series given the short storied nature of the novel, but of course, it was turned into a vehicle for Brad Pitt instead. Yikes.

I knew the movie would be bad as soon as I learned who Pitt's character was and that it would be featured heavily... in the first few pages of the novel, his character insists that "his own backstory would not cloud the more important story of what happened to the world at large," or something to that effect. Instead, the movie violated this rule right from the beginning, only concerning itself with Pitt's character and his family. From the beginning, those who read the novel are pretty much told to go eat a dick.

Some of what made the novel so good is that the United States knew the zombies were coming -- the virus originates in China -- and yet cannot do anything to stop it despite months of preparation. In the movie, Americans are all surprised when zombies start popping up -- a classic (and now bad) zombie cliche -- and now even more of the originality of the novel has been stripped away and shat on.

The epidemic supposedly begins with one person whose origins are unknown in the novel. The world has its chances to nip it in the bud, but fails over and over again to take the proper action. Even when it reaches a larger scale and nations get involved in putting their heads together to stop it, the bureaucracies cannot agree on how to proceed, and the epidemic just continues to get worse. There were so many brilliant jabs at our own society in the book that the film just decided to flush down the toilet.

I feel like Hollywood just told me I'm too stupid to understand a zombie film with legitimate political implications to it. Thanks.

They ruined a story with promise.

WWZ gets a big fat double , and I'd give it a snowman if that was part of the rules of the thread.

It's movies like this that make me happy we at least live in the golden age of cable television. I never have to go to the movies anymore!

Cute Little Poot

I watched The Princess Bride for the first time the other day, was not what I thought it would be at all and loved it. It was weird seeing Claire from House of Cards as a young hottie and I think it now has my all-time favourite cinema death in it
    Last edited by germany; May 30th, 2016 at 04:40 AM.

Cute Little Poot

I just know that I'm very forgetful. And I feel that the Princess Bride must spread to the four corners of the world.
    Last edited by germany; September 18th, 2016 at 03:17 PM.

Well Zootopia was certainly awesome. ^^

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

I will hopefully see that soon since it's in Redbox.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Thread Information