Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visual Novels

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Re: Visual Novels

Steins;Gate is gonna be released in America.

Y'all heard me right.

Visual novels in america.

excitedly dances
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post

Y'all heard me right.

excitedly dances
    I was momentarily returning just to talk about this, but since Erue already did that, I'll just add that Cartagra and Kara no Shoujo 2 are also getting english releases.

Visual novels IN AMERICA

Shuckle is friend. Best friend. Forum Veteran bghvgjdh's Avatar

&&&& yeah, 'merica

I mean uhhh

That's fantastic though, I wanted to read Steins;Gate so I guess I'll wait for this release then.

Frauds are people too... people who just can't win. Forum Veteran Deathfish64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post

Y'all heard me right.

excitedly dances
    Oh wow I completely missed this while I was away for a week. This is super exciting news! I love the anime, so this is going to be an awesome opportunity to read the VN and show support by actually buying things! I just hope it isn't super ridiculously expensive, but I'd be willing to pay a fair amount to get my hands on something like this.

"I'm not in-sane. In fact I'm so far out of sane that you appear as only a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity."

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Speaking of Steins;Gate, I've been interested in Steins;Gate, Robotics;Note and Chaos;Head, but I know next to nothing about them. Where would you guys recommend to start and are they even somehow connected? Because if that's the case, I don't wanna start in the middle.

they can all be watched/read independently but they have a lot of little nods to each other. the chronological order is chaos;head > steins;gate > robotics;notes, but that's only necessary if you REALLY REALLY REALLY need to get all of the little nods to each other (robotics;notes especially has a lot)

I can't speak for the novels (...yet) but steins;gate is easily the strongest, and chaos;head is the weakest, at least in anime format, mainly because it tried way too hard to fit everything it could into thirteen episodes.

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

I see, thanks. I guess I'll follow the chronological order. Even if it's just little nods, I don't like watching, reading or playing things out of order.

Reviving this thread because IT'S HERE FOLKS, THE HOLLOW ATARAXIA PATCH IS FINISHED

Oh by the way, this year has actually been really good for VNs, what with Sekai Project localizing a ton of them, including Narcissu and Clannad, which is on Kickstarter right now! (there's also Grisaia, whose KS will come later)

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

i'm so excited about hollow ataraxia that i'm looking into buying it legally
    probably won't be anywhere near as good as the original but i need my character fluff

episode one of higurashi slated for a steam release in the near future
    has anyone played it? i'm terrible with horror but i hear it and umineko are both really good, so i'll probably have to give it a shot regardless

i've never played it, but i've played umineko and i'm telling you right now that ryushiki07's writing is &&&&ing baller. definitely looking forward to this.

please god umineko release

I got Higurashi at the uh, lower price? I mean 60 cents isn't that bad. I'm hoping to garner more interest in the series with my friends. The remastered visuals really help my case as well. Open your wallets!

Thread Information