Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any weird habits?

heading inexarably towards the heart of the sun.

Re: Do you have any weird habits?

I reply a loud to my own thoughts sometimes, usually when I lose an argument with them or something, I will *sigh* and say "oh well" in a downbeat voice. Something I have been called out on quite a bit.

Also when I walk down the street I tend to pretend that the cracks in the pavement is lava, which I have to dodge otherwise I lose a life.

Finally I occasionally stop typing mid sentence to emphasis with my hands, in an overly dramatic fashion.
    You just want to suck me dry.

Oh hai, it's whore time.

Photobucket Smooth Operator VIP Rebel Vanguard's Avatar

Oh boy wierd habits to define ourselves. I have some of those!

-Although it's not exactly "wierd", I tend to overlevel/grind way too much in video games. Mainly because I find it fun. People often question why I do it which actually makes me want to say something like "Dude it's my game, I can do whatever I want." But I usually just ignore.
    -Sometimes when I'm in my room I wear my shirt like Cornholio from Beavis and Butt-head. I dunno why I do it. But I just do.
    -Whenever I'm concentrating I tend to pet my left eyebrow.
    -Whenever I eat a homecooked meal, I have to eat the food in certain order. Which sometimes causes my parents to believe that I don't like something. The thing is I've ALWAYS done it and for the past 15 years I've said to them "I always eat that last" but they tend to forget.
    -When I go up the stairs I tend to walk 2 steps with my left foot and 1 step with my right foot.
    -I must write a proper heading on a paper before I write something on it.
    -I make wierd faces in the mirror when nobody is looking. I also practice making new ones.

I'm sure there is a lot more, but I need to perform them to actually remember them.
    And what's this?
    Josh was here

Too ignorant to be an oil tycoon VIP Curus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Vanguard View Post
    So tempted to sigquote this.

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latiaslover97 View Post
    Are you related to Olga Orly from Apollo Justice or something? Her nervous tic was rubbing the back of her neck or was it her head?
    I was thinking about that as I wrote it, heh. Difference was, she was hit with a wine bottle. I don't think that's where my habit comes from.

... I hope.

Oh and I'm very much the opposite of Rebel's grinding habit. I never grind. Ever. I'm there for the story, darn it, everything else is just in the way. I have cheated on more than one occasion just to skip grinding all together.

And another habit... I filled an entire cardboard box with empty game boxes (I removed the disks) for no apparent reason. I figure it was because if I get rich or something I'll have a big ol' gamesroom with lines upon lines of video games, but yeah, still a little odd.

Oh and back when my hair was long I used to fiddle with it quite a lot but not anymore. I kinda miss it, heh.

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LinkElfice510 View Post
    Oh yeah, dinosaurshotgun reminded me of one. For some reason, I can't walk downstairs: I have to run down them....dunno why.
    I do this too, it's just like running down a hill.

Quote Originally Posted by the metolosophy View Post
    i cant stand still with my arms at my side.
    I tend to either pace or have my left arm at an angle with my fist loosely clenched.

Quote Originally Posted by Omo View Post
    Anybody heard about the tetris effect? Usually it only takes place after a person plays tetris/ any other game, but I always imagine boxes as tetris blocks. I love stacking stuff.
    I tend to get that with more complex games. Quite often. The most longstanding form of this that I still do is with Punch-Out!!, even though I don't really play it that often at all. I tend to think of quick opportunities to counterpunch people in everyday situations... well, that's not exactly correct... it's hard to explain, but my imagination tends to wander to Little Mac punching someone or something silly. It never manifests itself in me actually punching someone. I also sometimes think of Pokemon-related things just from seeing related numbers, or having dreams loosely related to constructing Pokemon teams (dream teams!). For Metroid Prime, I used to imagine scanning everything in sight. Another one of the biggest instances was Pokemon Trozei, where my mind kept generating combo situations and then immediately solving them when I would be trying to sleep, kind of like the opposite of what Penguin said.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I have a thing about slight grammatical or punctuation or spelling errors, too. They must be fixed. The reason I am not a mod on any of the forums I visit is 'cause I would go around correcting everyone's spelling all the time. Um. I actually do this IRL. I used to correct errors on tests in school. I'm not even sure if any of my teachers noticed...
    Really? I always thought you were more... loose... when it comes to correcting spelling =P I always feel like doing it IRL, but lately I've been restraining myself because siblings and parents have told me that I don't have any friends because of this~

Oh, and yes, I do it on tests and the like as well. Typos are usually the first thing I notice on any given assignment sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Island Sausage View Post
    If my left hand is free and I'm listening to music, it starts 'dancing'. Sometimes the right joins in.

Also, I'm kind of trapped in a cycle where my wrists get stiff and I have to crack them, which no doubt just makes them more likely to get stiff later. Also, I occasionally arch backwards to crack my spine too.
    I do both of these, it often manifests itself as either a conductor's baton or an imaginary piano chord.

As for the wrists thing, I tend to roll my wrists somewhat if they need to pop, but more often I'm popping other things like my fingers or my back/neck which I have several methods of popping besides the one you just mentioned. I also pop my toes when I'm barefoot and my ankles occasionally, and my knees if they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Knit View Post
    I reply a loud to my own thoughts sometimes, usually when I lose an argument with them or something, I will *sigh* and say "oh well" in a downbeat voice. Something I have been called out on quite a bit.

Also when I walk down the street I tend to pretend that the cracks in the pavement is lava, which I have to dodge otherwise I lose a life.

Finally I occasionally stop typing mid sentence to emphasis with my hands, in an overly dramatic fashion.
    More often that's a result of me remembering something embarrassing and saying "no" repeatedly or trying to explain why I was in that situation. I tend to remember being embarrassed for about a decade or so after everyone else forgets.

I don't really think of the cracks like that, but I avoid them so I can count steps in a piece of pavement and attempt to keep the same amount of steps per piece of pavement. If the tiles are really small, I tend to move like the "knight" chess piece.

I don't do this, but I sometimes snap or rub my finger a couple of times in an attempt to remember a word while typing

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Vanguard View Post
    Oh boy wierd habits to define ourselves. I have some of those!

-Although it's not exactly "wierd", I tend to overlevel/grind way too much in video games. Mainly because I find it fun. People often question why I do it which actually makes me want to say something like "Dude it's my game, I can do whatever I want." But I usually just ignore.
    -Whenever I eat a homecooked meal, I have to eat the food in certain order. Which sometimes causes my parents to believe that I don't like something. The thing is I've ALWAYS done it and for the past 15 years I've said to them "I always eat that last" but they tend to forget.
    -When I go up the stairs I tend to walk 2 steps with my left foot and 1 step with my right foot.
    -I must write a proper heading on a paper before I write something on it.

I'm sure there is a lot more, but I need to perform them to actually remember them.
    Heh heh... "wierd", I'm sure Penguin notices your typo and is once again not a mod.
    I do the opposite, I tend to avoid as many unnecessary or unwanted battles as possible. It's more fun to fight more challenging bosses and using epic strategies (like beating Red with my team of severely underleveled Pokemon)
    When I concentrate it's more of me rubbing my forehead or, if I'm tired, just kind of mashing my entire face in an attempt to rub my eyes.
    I tend to eat food in a certain order, but I don't have a set order until I see the plate, in which my mind immediately prioritizes what to eat first.
    I alternate between your method of stairclimbing and simply going two steps for both feet. I think it has to do with how steep the stairs are.
    I write my name on my paper, and I used to obsessively put a heading on my typed papers, but ever since my high school teachers changed the heading format I've just gotten out of the habit altogether.

In conclusion, yeah I'm strange.

Self-proclaimed Seer of Hope. Nix's Avatar

Whenever I get the chance, I try to pop almost every joint in my body. Fingers, wrists, toes, ankles, spine, knee, and neck.

I have to have everything perfect, I count my steps, always trying to stop at an even number, and I try to only touch a single square on a sidewalk once, even jumping to make it happen.

I tend to skip when I want to go fast but not look like I'm in a rush.

When I'm wearing a hat, every time something that doesn't quite make sense to me, or makes me somewhat frustrated, I grab my hat, and sort of "fling" it off my head, but not letting go.

I tend to overlevel 2 or 3 characters in an RPG, while the rest are practically just deadweight. In Fire Emblem, however, it's certain classes. Swordmasters, Halberdiers, and the main character/s of the game.

That's really all I can think of, without actually doing them, but I know I have tons more..

League of Legends: SilverEphraim
    Recently playing a lot of ADC.

Any and all artwork credited to the original artist.

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

I tend to twirl the nunchuck around when playing a Wii game during loading times as if it were a lasso. I do this with hangers and hats as well.

is trying so hard to spread the word about HarmoKnight fergzilla's Avatar

Also, one more thing: I tend to hate games (that HAVE A SCORING SYSTEM) that aren't ENDLESS (that don't go on forever in an infinite loop until I die for the last time). Unless if there's an easy scoring exploit (that the creators may or MAY NOT have intended) that leads me to the score cap easier.

Rebel Edit: You really didn't have to quote your own gigantic post, it makes the page load slower for some people so please be considerate.
    Last edited by Rebel Vanguard; September 15th, 2010 at 03:13 PM.

-I always spin the Game Boy cartridge before I put it in the Game Boy. Sometimes, I spin the DS game cards.
    -I walk up a step or curb with one of my feet turned sideways.
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate | Name: Yami G | HR: 44+

"Welcome to the only thing scarier than IRS headquarters" ~Gex
    HEY GUYS, I'M ON VGBOXART!!!

is trying so hard to spread the word about HarmoKnight fergzilla's Avatar

OK, here's MORE of my weird habit in action:

In the NES classic The Guardian Legend, I wonder what you get if you enter this password...

NOTHING!!!!

Just kidding, just kidding...

THIS is what happens if you enter in the password...

Notice the score?
    (the number next to the letter C in the bottom (it's supposed to be SC, but the S got cut off for unknown reasons))
    Anyway...
    9,999,990, baby!!!!

Yeah, apparently, my habit of reaching the score cap in any way possible in any game is so weird/big, that I'm even willing to get it just by PUNCHING IN A 32-DIGIT PASSWORD and nothing else (one more thing: I don't want to get the maximum score using a third-party cheat device separate from/not officialy affiliated or endorsed by the game/console I'm playing).

So... yeah.

BTW, this password is DANGEROUS to your game. The first enemy you defeat after getting max score causes the game to freeze!!!! But it's worth it for getting the points.
    Last edited by fergzilla; September 16th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.

Are you sure you can handle the Elite? Raptor's Avatar

If I'm thinking or nervous I twist my hair and I've done this since I was a BABY

ebooks, Horse. (horse_ebooks). “Leg Butt” 18 Nov 2011, 12:38 PM. Tweet. Forum Veteran JSG's Avatar

-I feel all quirky and shaky and all when I hear paper being rubbed against 2 fingers.
    -I hate touching paper lol.
    -When I walk, I usually try to even out the times I stepped on a crack with a foot.
    -I tend to move around while sleeping alot.
    -I can't stop saying "ssszz" no matter wha-ssszz.
    -I watch TV without looking.
    -I hate rubbing my eye with my hand, oddly.
    -I use my clothes to rub my hand.
    -I love washing my hand with soap.
    -I spell awsome wrong all the time. Its actually "awesome".

I'm so weir-ssszzz,

It may seem so that I can't see, but the darkness provides the light for me Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

Drippy taps. I can't stand drippy taps. If I ever see a drippy tap, I always turn the knob so it stops dripping. Something about taps that are dripping water just infuriates me. Maybe it's down to wanting to conserve water or something?
    I used to bite my nails, and in effect I sorta still do, but I don't really tear at my nails overzealously, more just nibble them every now and then. It's odd.

i spell something with out the 'e' alot
    I'm hip with an art thread to now!
    Go ahead and visit, You'll be glad you came

Whenever I'm watching TV I ALWAYS flip the remote in the air before changing the channel or adjusting the volume.
    The same goes for when I'm gaming with a wireless controller and I do something awesome, I'll flick the controller in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramazubg View Post
    Whenever I'm watching TV I ALWAYS flip the remote in the air before changing the channel or adjusting the volume.
    The same goes for when I'm gaming with a wireless controller and I do something awesome, I'll flick the controller in the air.
    ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! usually when i die though. i do it out of frustration
    I'm hip with an art thread to now!
    Go ahead and visit, You'll be glad you came

Are you sure you can handle the Elite? Raptor's Avatar

When I play my game
    Example:Halo:Reach
    When I die multi times I begin start to cuss out the enemys and when I kill them I smack talk them

I tend to insult inanimate objects when they don't want to work.
    I like to rock back and forth when sitting down and enjoying a game.
    I get really nervous and shy when I talk to anyone.
    I tend to push my bangs to the right when I'm at home and keep them in the middle at school, I don't know why.
    I sometimes subconsciously make the face of a character I'm drawing, same with when I type in a smiley on the internet.
    I have a habit of criticizing shows for stuff that doesn't matter. Like how people can't float around in Spongebob since they are in water.
    I don't like to take old papers out of my binder "in case I need them". People think I have an extremely messy binder for it but I know where my stuff is at.

I don't chew my nails, I chew on the excess skin surrounding my nails. Tastes much better than nails, but tends to cause pain much more often.

Kirby's reaction:

Self-Styled Hero

When talking to people, I (almost) never address them by name. This ranges from my closest friends to the acquaintances I talk to every now and then. There are people I talk to every week whose names I do not know. (If someone else mentions them by name, I know who they're talking about, but I still couldn't come up with the name on my own for the life of me.)

Banned

I USED TO suck on my comforter when i was little.

I sometimes do it now

Gassy but sometimes weird

The Good Wario

The Amazing, not The Modest 0.o's Avatar

I tend to rub my thumb on the side of my pointer finger (hand in form of fist) when I'm in deep thought,
    I also usually Pace more then 25% of each day.

When someone says, "What's up," don't tell 'em about your butt. Forum Veteran MooseFondue's Avatar

If I'm trying to place something down that keeps falling over, I'll often position it, then hold my palms towards it as if trying to tell it to stay put. This is partially my own free will, and partially habit now.

As many others have mentioned, I tend to crack my knuckles and back a bit too often. And now I've started cracking my neck and toes too.

I often run my fingernails across my lips, because I'm cool like that.

Fear the Eevee revolution PacoTheTaco's Avatar

I sing... constately. Doesn't matter if I know the all the lyrics to the song
    I 'll just keep reapeting the ones I know over and over again in an endless loop till I figure out what the rest of the lyrics are
    then I start singing another song.
    Beware of MedusaShe double dips!
    Brawl: 1333 0512 4150 name JOHN

Once you pop... Pringles and Rockets's Avatar

I have way too many weird habits to list. One of my weirdest is that I can't stop moving my hands no matter what. They're always moving in some way unless I'm sleeping. Another one is that I always notice everything that is going on around me and analyze it. If someone on the other side of the room is talking, I'll hear it and keep asking questions like "What are you saying?", "Why are you talking?" among many others. I'd post the rest, but I don't want to spend an hour posting this.
    Brawl FC: 1075-2795-4724
    3DS FC: 1375-7265-7665

Thread Information