Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any weird habits?

HOLLA @ Y'ALL 2OLLUX BOII2 Manty's Avatar

Do you have any weird habits?

You know, habits that aren't really that common, or not something like masturbating chewing your nails. Just the small ones that are kind of annoying.

I have a habit of spelling "Frame" on paper as "Phrame". I have no clue why, but I usually notice the "Ph" and erase it.

And Their Refinement of The Decline

Re: Do you have any weird habits?

I tend to crack my knuckles a lot. That's probably not good for a pianist...
    ~ Last.fm - slashty.net - Tumblr ~

~Openly Jesuist~

I don't think I hav- o wait Before I go to bed I check to make sure my doors locked about 9 times Don't know why but I do to be save

I tend to right click my mouse a lot when I'm waiting for pages to load or reading them. Dunno why.

Achtung, baby! Today, we play it my way! Forum Veteran Ark's Avatar

I am always walking. I'd count my steps while I'm walking, I must take the same amount of steps per tile on the street. I also make sure that I always step on the same spot when I walk around my kitchen island.

This may not be habit, more so an addiction, but I watch the Super Mario Bros. movie religiously. I can pretty much repeat every line in the movie.

Edit: Almost forgot, on old pokemon games I press a+b+down. On ones with the touch screen I press the screen at "the right moment".
    Last edited by Ark; September 14th, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

is trying so hard to spread the word about HarmoKnight fergzilla's Avatar

I tend to threaten inanimate objects that refuse to work to intimidate them so that they'll work.

I have little habits and "useless needs" here and there. Like keeping my jacket's hood on my left shoulder, and also always wanting to wear that jacket in public. I also tend to constantly click the BitF Forum "What's New?' button a lot hoping something comes up. I also have a habit of wanting old games and systems. I actually don't play them sometimes but still want them. I also have a habit of straightening my glasses a lot. Also keeping my hair uncurled/untangled and messing with it a lot. I have a lot more but I forget them until I do them.

Where am I? Who am I? What is this? SSBBrawler's Avatar

Well, I have this odd habit of killing people, and stuffing them in the bathroom.

Well, I don't know if this really counts, but I can't "taste" food by smelling it, thus telling whether or not I'd like it or not before I even try it.

This one probably counts: Whenever I'm waiting for something, I tend to roll my head like people roll their eyes... It's hard to explain.

The Void Dreamer Fragment of Nothing's Avatar

I have a good few habits and quirks. Something that I've retained from my youth is a tendency to randomly jerk my head forward or walk in an odd pattern. Why? To throw off snipers. ...Not rational in the slightest, but I do it.

My hands tend to trail through my hair whenever I'm at my computer.

As far as clothing goes, my choice of apparel is always suits, the pockets of which carry an extendable magnet (which I've had since I was a child) wherever I go...play with it constantly when I'm waiting for things to happen, talk with it too (by waving it around, I mean...use it to highlight points).

That's all I can think of right now.
    Last edited by Fragment of Nothing; September 14th, 2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar

When I laugh do this really weird thing for 5 or 6 seconds, my laugh get higher like stairs. So it's like this "Hah" it's a little higher than my normal laugh, then "HAh" it's lot more high than the last one and finally "HAH" Where I'm at my highest that I can get. But it doesn't have pauses like how I told you guys, it's like this ( with the caps shows how high my voice is.) " Hah HAh HAH" like a staircase.
    Last edited by Latiaslover97; September 14th, 2010 at 07:55 PM.

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    I can pretty much repeat every line in the movie.
    Monkey!

As for myself, I almost always cover my mouth when I laugh (I do it less now than I used to. I hope.), and I have a tendency to rub the back of my neck when I'm nervous. Other than that I say "ow" quite a lot, even when I'm not in pain. Like if someone lightly brushes against me. I think it's something I carried over from childhood or something.

Oh and I talk to animals like they are peoples. But honestly, most of them are more sociable than most people I've met. :P

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFellowWithTheHat View Post
    Monkey!

As for myself, I almost always cover my mouth when I laugh (I do it less now than I used to. I hope.), and I have a tendency to rub the back of my neck when I'm nervous.
    Are you related to Olga Orly from Apollo Justice or something? Her nervous tic was rubbing the back of her neck or was it her head?

bury me in fried pickles and mozzarella sticks Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar

I'm cleaning my glasses like...every 10 minutes. And half the time, it makes it worse. You'd think I'd learn by now.
    Spoiler: Notable quotes that I enjoy :o 

Banned

Whenever I try to cuss in English, it always comes out in Spanish for some reason...

the only good habit of mine is sneezing and coughing in my elbow socket to reduce the likelihood of disease
    i usually climb up my steps really fast like an animal, or i hop up them. i also run really fast down them
    i also have a habit of sitting on the computer like i'm going on the internet when i forget what i came down for.
    i also open the fridge door alot assuming that's the reason why i'm on the kitchen a lot when i could be in there for something else
    and i tend to have a routine playlist of music in my head when im in the shower or brushing my teeth...sorta strange O.o
    I'm hip with an art thread to now!
    Go ahead and visit, You'll be glad you came

is trying so hard to spread the word about HarmoKnight fergzilla's Avatar

Speaking of weird habits in games:

I try to get something like 999,999 on any game with a high score counter, also known as reaching the score cap. Also, I tend to hate games WITHOUT a score counter, such as the post-MM1 Mega Man games. I currently done it on three games so far: Cosmic Gate on NORMAL mode of the Nintendo DS game Retro Game Challenge (I kinda figured the pattern of the stages and abused warping on Stage 64, which is the last stage), Super Mario World, Continental Circus (Taito Legends rerelease), and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Also, I'm currently working on getting them points on Super Air Zonk via an exploit involving unlimited enemies. It might take a while, but good thing I can suspend save on the Wii Virtual Console version whenever I exit to the Wii Menu.

Also, for the latter three games I DID cap the points on, I used strategies banned by Twin Galaxies (which means if you use the banned strategies, your score won't be on their leaderboard). But I don't care, because part of my weird habit is to get the points in any way I can, even if I have to exploit something in a game that the testing team did NOT catch or a cheat code that the creators SORT OF intended.

I even have pictures of my score, too. Sorry people, no Super Mario World/Continental Circus score pictures today!!
    Cosmic Gate (part of Retro Game Challenge)

Strangely, my score stops at 9999999. What's even MORE strange about it is that all scoring in Cosmic Gate is done in multiples of 10, and 9999999 is obviously not divisible by 10.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Yeah, I cheated. But Sega admitted to KNOWING about this in the hints of Sonic Mega Collection Plus.
    At least the game KNOWS that all scoring in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is done in multiples of 10, so that it does its cap RIGHT!
    And the life counter has a big 9 on the first digit. That means I have 197 lives, not 97.

Yeah, those are pictures of my weird habit in action.

I also try to do it on independent PC games, such as shmups.
    Last edited by fergzilla; September 14th, 2010 at 08:29 PM.

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

Too many to count. Or even remember. I'll mention a few. But a lot of them have been mentioned already, stepping a certain amount of times on tiles, popping my knuckles (and every other bone in my body), climbing stairs quickly, opening the fridge for little reason, paranoid habits (never tried throwing off snipers, but I've been pretty well-prepared for an ambush or armed robbery, says my imagination), coughing into my arm to avoid spreading disease... add to that, biting the skin off of the ends of my fingers, smelling my wrists then chewing on the hair covering them (just with my lips, not like teeth chewing... yeah I dunno), taking deep breaths when bored or tired to avoid yawning in class when I feel it coming... can't think of anything right now.

bury me in fried pickles and mozzarella sticks Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar

Oh yeah, dinosaurshotgun reminded me of one. For some reason, I can't walk downstairs: I have to run down them....dunno why.
    Spoiler: Notable quotes that I enjoy :o 

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

I don't really see how coughing into your elbow is that much of a weird habit... I thought that was normal?

I think I already posted the most interesting things about me in the idiosyncrasies thread, but let's see anyways. I always try to have symmetrical touch; as in, after putting my left hand to my head, I would put my right hand to my head too. And if I don't do this I just have some unsatisfied and odd feeling, but I don't really know how to describe it.

I walk on my toes a lot and I just overall walk strange most of the time, with leg crosses and skips and whatnot. I think the latter part has gone down a bit but I still walk on my toes often. Overall I can't really just stand or even sit normally though. And I sometimes spread my arms to my sides a little when I walk. Uh. Think ^ shape. Or any angle really, that's just kind of the most normal position.

And another, basically having my face like :D except with a smaller mouth and closed eyes during pretty much any situation. Sometimes followed by "Ah!" and sharing of some random stupid epiphany with whoever is around... wow, that sounds kind of like Osaka actually.

BRB Pac-Man's scared of something YamiGekusu's Avatar

-I click my mechanical pencils four times- no more, no less.
    -I always do throws on the Link stage in SSB in one player mode.
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate | Name: Yami G | HR: 6+

"Welcome to the only thing scarier than IRS headquarters" ~Gex
    HEY GUYS, I'M ON VGBOXART!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynawing View Post
    I don't really see how coughing into your elbow is that much of a weird habit... I thought that was normal?
    I dunno about normal, but it's certainly polite. There are worse habits to have.

i always check my room EVERY night- flip my blankets, check my pillows, scan the walls- for ladybugs and other insects...im an entomophobic (i should say Coccinellidaephobia.)
    i also make sure there isnt anything on the chair im about to sit on if there's anything- bugs, food..etc- on it.
    i always also pronounce success 'SUKKSHESS' which i donno why.
    when coloring, i throw away a drawing if i go even a little outside the lines.
    i put my feet up on my desk in school, pratically every end-of-class im almost sitting on my desk.
    i cant stand still with my arms at my side.
    i cant walk with both feet facing forward, my left is always tilted, and i roll my step like in marching band naturally- its not really a habit but more of a result of many joint problems...
    i punch objects- printers, vending machines, tvs- if they dont work properly, which usually works for me
    i get annoying when people spell axe as 'ax'...and when people pronounce diabetes like an old person (my mom and little brother do GRR)
    i will talk about myself A LOT if i get the chance.

WOOT im wacked out xD imma write a book: Whats Wrong with Meto?
    Last edited by the metolosophy; September 15th, 2010 at 03:53 AM.
    Smile, it makes people wonder what you are thinking.
    Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. James 5:13

Anybody heard about the tetris effect? Usually it only takes place after a person plays tetris/ any other game, but I always imagine boxes as tetris blocks. I love stacking stuff.

Visit my Sprite shop! We're having a 100% discount sale forever! We sell infernos, recolors, fusions, inverts, revamps, devamps, and much more!
    Click now, now, NOW!
    deviantART: http://omo94.deviantart.com/

Oh the Tetris effect. XD I get that with Dr Mario, Voltorb Flip, and Sudoku puzzles, too. My mind's finangly that way, but it actually helps me fall asleep.

Oh, hey--

A recent Oxford study (2009) suggests Tetris-like video games may help prevent the development of traumatic memories. If the video game treatment is played soon after the traumatic event, the preoccupation with Tetris shapes is enough to prevent the mental recitation of traumatic images, thereby decreasing the accuracy, intensity, and frequency of traumatic reminders.
    Not in the interest of derailing the thread, but VIDEO GAMES ARE GOOD FOR YOUR MENTAL HEALTH GUYS~

I have a thing about slight grammatical or punctuation or spelling errors, too. They must be fixed. The reason I am not a mod on any of the forums I visit is 'cause I would go around correcting everyone's spelling all the time. Um. I actually do this IRL. I used to correct errors on tests in school. I'm not even sure if any of my teachers noticed...

Too ignorant to be an oil tycoon VIP Curus's Avatar

If my left hand is free and I'm listening to music, it starts 'dancing'. Sometimes the right joins in.

Also, I'm kind of trapped in a cycle where my wrists get stiff and I have to crack them, which no doubt just makes them more likely to get stiff later. Also, I occasionally arch backwards to crack my spine too.

Thread Information