Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime/Manga Thread

Just finished Lucky Star. Although most people tend to drop it before the middle of the series, It was rather enjoyable.
    Probably because I saw a reflection of myself with blue hair in the anime, but anyway.
    My DS is just like Kona-chan's <33

Ahem, any suggestion of what I should take next?
    No sig for you

Hey, this couchbag is posting here again! Anywho if anyone really wants to know this, which is all none of you, the only manga I bothered to read completely was the Wind Waker one. Another was The Meloncholy of blah blah that one girl, you know who, just to see what all the hubbub was about and stopped after Chapter 14 because it wasn't scanlated yet and I am a selfish shellfish. Or a cheapskate. Or a cheap ray. Oh and the only anime I ever bothered to finish was Evangelion and I was too lazy too watch any others. I don't watch or read this stuff a lot mainly becuase of laziness. Maybe I should read/watch more of this stuff. Wait, no I shouldn't. Blarf.

Yes, guys, I really am too lazy to go on a website and click on a link.

okay I watched cromartie high school and it was hilarious yet random

last episode made me laugh harder than the entire series with rule63
    [CENTER]

I'm watching naruto every week, and I just finished rereading Azumanga Daioh for the third time. Although those two have nothing in common, they are both absolutely wonderful.
    HUGS FOR ALLLLLLLLLLL (>'.')>
    Oh, and don't forget my deviantArt.

Quote Originally Posted by RedXVIII View Post
    Ahem, any suggestion of what I should take next?
    Hidamari Sketch and Hidamari Sketch x365. If you like Lucky Star, my experience shows you will likely enjoy this series as well, even though it tends to be a bit more on-topic and slightly more srs (as it actually has some plot). Note that the episodes are mostly out of chronological order; a few things make a little more sense once you realize this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudodom View Post
    Anywho if anyone really wants to know this, which is all none of you...
    ...You're posting this why?

Show me ya moves: 0877-0665-3997

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    ...You're posting this why?
    Just to let people know why I barely watch anime/manga. And maybe start a discussion about those two ones I actually finished. I was just being a pessimistic Pete is all.

Busou Renkin is awesome. The story is awesome. And there's lots of weapons.
    Monster Hunter Generations | Name: Yami G | HR: ???

"Welcome to the only thing scarier than IRS headquarters" ~Gex
    Xbox: YamiGekusu | PSN: YamiGekusu | Nintendo Network: YamiGekusu

Quote Originally Posted by YamiGekusu View Post
    Busou Renkin is awesome.
    Yes.

The story is awesome.
    Yes.

And there's lots of weapons.
    Yes.

So. I've learned never to go back to anime of yesteryear. More often than not, anything I enjoyed more than five years ago turns out to be utter &&&&é when I try to watch it again. The sole exceptions to this appear to be Pokémon: Indigo League, Sailor Moon, and to some extent Ronin Warriors. The worst case is, by far, Tenchi.

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar
    Currently i am watching bleach on youtube instead of sleeping. It's more enjoyable but my head hurts.

I'm currently on episode 235.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

I just found the first three volumes of bleach behind a stack of JRR Tolkien books in my brothers room. they were wonderful.

You know what dey say: all postahs post posts! matrik's Avatar
    I've only ever finished three animes. The first two are Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (and by finished, I of course mean "seen the latest episode."). They were/are both absolutely spectacular and I recommend them highly to anyone who hasn't seen either. The third I've finished is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. What it lacked in plot compared to the other two it made up for in music. Oh man, neither the ending theme nor God Knows will ever ever leave! Brotherhood's soundtrack was also amazing (Uso, Again, Golden Time Lover, Period, and Shunkan Sentimental are all up there with Haruhi Suzumiya's soundtrack), but God Knows's catchiness is enough to bring it to number 1. Currently, I'm watching Baccano! and am on episode 9, I think.

I tried watching Bleach at one point, but I just couldn't get through all the filler. I stopped at episode 100ish, during the Bound/Bount/Bounto/whatever arc because the story was progressing at such a sluggish pace and it seemed like Ichigo would only be able to get himself out of that situation via Deus Ex Machina. I might come back to it at some point, because I'm sure that not all of the show is that slow.

The only manga I've read is Fullmetal Alchemist. I can't wait so see the upcoming fight scenes animated in Brotherhood! Oh, and Brotherhood is better than the first anime. Just saying. (Cue argument in 3...2...1...)
    Last edited by matrik; March 17th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.
    Random question of the whenever-I-feel-like-changing-it: Why is it that Mario goes through Yoshi's Island in 4 levels in SMW but Yoshi has to trek through 48 levels in SMW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Hidamari Sketch and Hidamari Sketch x365. If you like Lucky Star, my experience shows you will likely enjoy this series as well, even though it tends to be a bit more on-topic and slightly more srs (as it actually has some plot). Note that the episodes are mostly out of chronological order; a few things make a little more sense once you realize this.
    How many episodes are in there?
    Also, chronological order is not something to worry about, got used to Haruhi.
    No sig for you

Quote Originally Posted by RedXVIII View Post
    How many episodes are in there?
    Hidamari Sketch has twelve episodes, and a separate special associated with it.
    Hidamari Sketch x 365 has twelve episodes, and a couple separate specials associated with it.
    Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ will have twelve episodes, but is still in the process of airing new episodes in Japan.

Tsubasa is very good, although toward the end it gets a bit odd. Also, I've heard that xxxholic is very good. I am reading bleach and it is incredible. I am watching naruto and eagerly await each new episode. What can I say? I have not life ^_^

Oh yes, and don't forget azumanga Daioh.

Creative mind at rest. Animaster's Avatar
    And don't forget Yotsuba. It's sort of the successor to Azumanga Daioh. It's hilarious and I'd recommend it if you're in a bad mood. Yotsuba really feels like an actual child.
    My art thread should be up and running. Be sure to stop by and comment.
    I like animals, but especially cats.  I should probably change my sig, though.  Eh, I'll do it later.
    NNID- Animaster
    My 3DS Friend Code: 3007-8121-5204
    Dream Suite: It's different now. I'll update it about a century from now.

Stupid freaking everything. Torkirby's Avatar

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

I'm starting to get back into anime more My favorites are:

DNAngel
    Pokemon (original)
    Azumanga Daio
    When the Seagulls Cry (only watched the first two episodes as of right now but I like it)

"....It's a Lie" GoldenGoomba900's Avatar

I love Digimon, I enjoy Case Closed, the original Pokemon, and an occasional episode of Trigun
    Edit: Oh, and Zatch Bell
    Last edited by GoldenGoomba900; April 4th, 2010 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkirby View Post
    When the Seagulls Cry (only watched the first two episodes as of right now but I like it)
    Prepare to have your mind blown. Or puzzled at the least.

So yesterday I had three hours to kill, so I watched Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan's 6 total episodes.
    So wrong, and yet so hilarious. The violence is so exaggerated that it doesn't even seem inappropriate. I really wish I could get my hands on the light novels now, since the anime was all just OVAs...

I'm currently about halfway through Elfen Lied. The violence is so exaggerated that...um...no, actually, this show is serious about it.

...I love gore.

Quote Originally Posted by Animaster View Post
    And don't forget Yotsuba. It's sort of the successor to Azumanga Daioh. It's hilarious and I'd recommend it if you're in a bad mood. Yotsuba really feels like an actual child.
    I got around to reading that a few days ago, actually. It is... perhaps the best (non-H) manga I've ever read. Maybe it's usually because I'm not into that sort of genre, but it was largely because it felt so refreshingly different from the typical...

Quote Originally Posted by Kerkec View Post
    So yesterday I had three hours to kill, so I watched Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan's 6 total episodes.
    So wrong, and yet so hilarious. The violence is so exaggerated that it doesn't even seem inappropriate. I really wish I could get my hands on the light novels now, since the anime was all just OVAs...
    The novels really aren't as good. u: But yes, the series is friggin' awesome.

Lately I've been:
    - reading Hentai Kamen
    - reading Yotsuba&
    - reading Onani Master Kurosawa
    - watching Slayers & Slayers Next
    - watching Sailor Moon R
    and enjoying it. Soyeah.

nicodoll

Animes/Japanese Cartooons I've finished/I'm watching
    Lucky Star - Enjoyable overall, MinoruMinoruMinoruMinoru
    K-on - Highschool girls playing instuments
    Hanamaru Kindergarten - HHHNNNNNNNGGGGG
    Kodomo no jikan - Jesus christ I did not expect a fantastic storyline from this, but none the less I still got it

Manga/Japanese Comics I'm planing on/reading:
    Lucky Star
    Azumanga Dioh
    Kodomo no jikan
    Yotsuba&!

Maybe add a few more when I'm done my western shows

HENSHIN A-GO-GO, BABY!! A nameless friend's Avatar

Did anyone watched the first episode of Heroman? It's a new anime series written by Stan Lee (yes, THAT Stan Lee) and animated by Bones (the guys behind Full Metal Alchemist).

It was... kind of interesting. It looks like it's going to be your regular Saturday morning cartoon, so I don't expect over-the-top mind&&&& and violence, but it IS really well animated and I think it has the potential to become an entertaining show.

Also what's up with that guy's hair?

Oh and for the hell of it:

Anime I've watched:
    Viewtiful Joe
    One Piece
    Devil May Cry
    Moomins
    The Mysterious Cities of Gold
    Rémi sans famille
    Naruto before the fillers, then I abandoned it.
    Spice and Wolf
    Bokurano

Mangas I read:
    One Piece
    Bokurano
    Monster*
    Pluto*
    20th Century Boys*
    *(yes, I know, I'm a huge Urasawa fanboy)

Manga I'm reading right now:
    Uzumaki (welcome to mindscrew town 0__0)

----

By the way, I was wondering, what are your favorite anime openings and endings?

I really like Bokurano's "Uninstall", especially this Nico Nico Douga remix and this Mother version.

If I had to chose a favorite One Piece opening, it would be the 5th, because it contains Afro Luffy and Aokiji, two of the coolest (pun intended) characters in the series.

Viewtiful Joe's opening, when not really that great artistically, is quite catchy too. And it fits really well with other shows like Kung Fu Love and One Piece
    Last edited by A nameless friend; April 6th, 2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: I don't wanna double post.

Favorite openings?
    Well, I like pretty much every opening I've seen so far, but I guess I'll just post a few.
    I like Higurashi Kai's (second season) opening, Naraku no Hana. And then there's Jigoku Shoujo's first season opening, Sakasama no Chou.
    To a lesser extent, I like Clannad's first season opening, Megumeru, though it's mainly the beginning part that I like, with all the snow and such (Even though the show itself is still my top favorite).

As for endings...well, I don't typically especially like any endings, but I usually end up liking the full versions of the songs that the endings use.
    Like Higurashi's Why, or Why Not (Although what I REALLY like is the instrumental version.

Those are just a few of the ones that came to mind first...

"....It's a Lie" GoldenGoomba900's Avatar

Openings? I personally love Digimon Frontier's opening. To this day it is the only TV show to make me cry by just showing me it's opening. Which is pretty impressive considering I cry over the most minor things.

A friend made this for me. So no it's not stealing

Speaking of crying over things, I can't believe I forgot to mention Clannad After Story's opening.
    It's not the opening itself, it's just the overall story.

Anyone who thinks Clannad is just some old high school romance story is really missing out...

Thread Information