Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172
Results 1,776 to 1,789 of 1789

Thread: Anime/Manga Thread

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Re: Anime/Manga Thread

update: ore monogatari is &&&&ing adorable

the main pairing is set up really well and i can actually get behind it, which is more than i can say for a bunch of other shows, and sunakawa is already a literally perfect third wheel and plays off the main pair incredibly well
    i kinda just sat there and giggled the whole time cause it's so so good, which says a lot
    definitely something i plan to keep up with
    Last edited by Lenore; April 11th, 2015 at 07:26 AM.

MORE IMPRESSIONS

UBW is pretty good now. Episodes 2 and 3 fleshed Caster and Ilya's backstories out with some original content, and though I don't care much for Caster, both were still interesting. BUT ESPECIALLY ILYA'S STUFF THOUGH. I wish she could've gotten more screentime, but I'm really happy that she was focused on at least this once.
    Shout out to: whoever wrote Sella and Leysritt's dialogue, and managed to give them a ton of personality with just a handful of lines

Yuki-chan is so cute and fluffy aaaaaaaaa. I love seeing Nagato and Kyon being so awkward around each other. I wonder how this dynamic will change now that Haruhi & co. are all here as well, though.
    Shout out to: Asakura interrupting the perfect moment and IMMEDIATELY realizing that she RUINED EVERYTHING

The Kyoani Gods listened to our prayers, toned down the effects, and now Euphonium is just incredibly solid! It's probably the most difficult for me to parse, since the craft at work here is so high-level and subtle, but I can still tell that it's good stuff. I'm particularly impressed by the characters, who all manage to come across as real people, with even the band members with minimum screentime being memorable. Reminds me of Shirobako a little.
    Shout out to: Good direction [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20]

Plastic Memories is frustrating. The latest episode had a fantastic ending, featuring a quiet, personal moment between the two leads... after a whole episode of dumb cliche Anime Jokes. Yeah, I get it, misunderstandings are funny. Can we go back to the good writing now?
    Shout out to: writers who think they need to shoehorn this bull&&&& into their work... note: you don't

Ore Monogatari is still the best and I JUST WANT TO SEE YAMATO AND TAKEO TOGETHER
    Shout out to: Yamato. EVEN HER TEXTS ARE ADORABLE

Oh yeah I forgot about Jojo again. The last few episodes were probably the most ridiculous in a while, though unfortunately I didn't like it as much as the D'Arby episodes. Oh well.
    Shout out to: don't ask me, I'm a dog

Ninja Slayer what
    Shout out to: Yeeart!
    Last edited by Chiffon; April 22nd, 2015 at 10:09 AM.

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

three episodes in and ore monogatari will be the real actual death of me
    yamato is the absolute cutest and i'm still horrendously weak to her
    but i think sunakawa's still my favourite, what a &&&&ing nerd (and i hope we get a meaty subplot or two about him later on because it feels like there'd be a lot of scope for it)
    Last edited by Lenore; April 23rd, 2015 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenore View Post

three episodes in and ore monogatari will be the real actual death of me
    yamato is the absolute cutest and i'm still horrendously weak to her
    but i think sunakawa's still my favourite, what a &&&&ing nerd (and i hope we get a meaty subplot or two about him later on because it feels like there'd be a lot of scope for it)
    Just, can every romance anime have a Suna please

I also caught up on Blood Blockade Battlefront, and WHOA it's REALLY GOOD you guys. Three episodes in and it's like, a fantasy mix of Baccano and Bebop in all the right ways. Also SICK animation (minor spoilers for the end of ep. 1)

So yeah definitely check it out. Erue I'm lookin at YOU

EDIT: btw BBB also has the best OP this season, no contest (it has the best ED too but it has more competition on that side, from Ore Monogatari and Yuki-chan)
    Last edited by Chiffon; April 25th, 2015 at 02:30 AM.

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Oh.

Well, I guess I'll be checking that out then. But is the manga still going or no?

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

thank god.

i'm so glad that the good parts of the animated jojos are gettin dubs
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Caught up to Assassin Classroom and now I kinda regret binge reading the translated chapters. Not because it's bad, but because I picked such a bad time, it stopped right in the middle of an ongoing arc.

Definitely have to check the anime adaption out and see how good that one is.

I recently started watching Inazuma Eleven since both Roselia and Jelly recommended it. I'm only 11 episodes in but I'm really enjoying it. :D

WIIIIIIIIIITCHCRAAAAAAAAA AAAAAFT Kage's Avatar

I'm watching Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold (that new Saint Seiya anime they've started producing) and wow, it's really good. While the more recent Saint Seiya stuff failed to grab my attention (coffcoffOMEGAcoffcoff), I really, really love this show. The portrayal of certain characters from the original has improved A LOT. I mean, I never thought ANY Saint Seiya adaptation could make me like Cancer Deathmask, but this one made him my new favorite saint. Plus, the new antagonists are just amazing. As with Deathmask, I never thought any Saint Seiya could make me like the God Warriors of Asgard, but this one pulls it off. Also
    I can't believe that Camus has joined the God Warriors. I never expected him to turn, and them attack Scorpio Milo of all people. Plus, his backstory with Eikpyrnir Surt is wonderful.

In short: waiting breathlessly for the next episode to be aired on the Saturday after next.
    *smiles evilly as only I can*

Acta est fabula, plaudite! Twisted Roselia's Avatar

Some twitter friends recommended that I watch Show By Rock!! and so far I've watched 6 episodes and I really love it! It's so lighthearted and silly and never takes itself seriously with absolutely ridiculous furry idols and talking guitars and alien sheep... But apart from all of that, the interactions between characters are so heartwarming and the plot is actually pretty good if a little... out-there. And the CGI sequences are really cute-looking and surprisingly they don't feel out of place at all. The songs are catchy too!

Tumblr | Art and plushies thread! | YouTube
    3DS: 4785 - 5293 - 6706

Three Nintendo groups in one pic! Amazing! TriMushroomStar's Avatar
    Ha! Like I would tell you! I would have to kill you if I did.

Has anyone else read the Pokemon Adventures manga? I think they're really good, but I can't seem to find anyone else who has read them.
    "Oh, but what's the point of tests if you don't learn anything?"
    -King Bumi (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Quote Originally Posted by TriMushroomStar View Post
    Has anyone else read the Pokemon Adventures manga? I think they're really good, but I can't seem to find anyone else who has read them.
    I haven't read all of one series, but I read the first few chapters of BW and a couple out of order DPP chapters too. It's pretty good!

Anyway I'm almost done with Inazuma Eleven. I have 27 episodes left or so. I'm also considering watching Magi: The Kingdom of Magic again, but the dub this time.

PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PowerMiner's Avatar

I like the Pokemon Adventures manga as well, even if it's not the most interesting thing, I like the adaptions of the protagonist characters.
    I've read the Red arc through the Ruby and Sapphire arc, and the Heartgold and Soulsilver books, and the DPP and BW arcs. I just need to get around to reading the emerald arc and wait for them to translate the BW2 and XY and ORAS arcs.
    Smash WiiU Challenges: 139/140 JUST 40 SOMETHING CUSTOM MOVES LEFT
    Smash 3DS Challenges: 133/135

Thread Information