Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: You know whats bullcrap... (Venting thread, READ FIRST POST!)

Re: You know whats bullcrap... (Venting thread, READ FIRST POST!)

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoQueen View Post
    Ok what pisses me off is that I try to be nice to people. I'm nothing but friendly to them, and what do they do? They effing ignore me! I walk into the daycare today, and I say hi to the two girls who were working before me (they leave when I come in). And what do I get from them? Absolutely NOTHING. No smile, no friendly greeting. They leave without saying a damn word to me, as if I'm nothing.

People ignoring me is one of my biggest pet peeves. And I effing hate rude people. I don't know what their problem is with me, but I didn't do anything wrong! When I'm mad, I don't take it out on innocent bystanders!

Ok, I am glad I let that off my chest...Whew.
    Welcome to my school. I have to say something five billion times for them to listen. The only time they acknowledge my existence is when I screwed up or something. It sucks Dragon Balls.
    "I won't give up now!"~ Phoenix Wright (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3)

Wheelie Rider

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sonics View Post
    Welcome to my school. I have to say something five billion times for them to listen. The only time they acknowledge my existence is when I screwed up or something. It sucks Dragon Balls.

Can I get an Amen?!
    And if I do say something like "Are you mad at me?" or "Are you upset with me?", they freakin' shrug it off and act like I'm the dumb one...so ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoQueen View Post
    Ok what pisses me off is that I try to be nice to people. I'm nothing but friendly to them, and what do they do? They effing ignore me! I walk into the daycare today, and I say hi to the two girls who were working before me (they leave when I come in). And what do I get from them? Absolutely NOTHING. No smile, no friendly greeting. They leave without saying a damn word to me, as if I'm nothing.

People ignoring me is one of my biggest pet peeves. And I effing hate rude people. I don't know what their problem is with me, but I didn't do anything wrong! When I'm mad, I don't take it out on innocent bystanders!

Ok, I am glad I let that off my chest...Whew.
    Let me make a comment here. I'm a bit jaded because of past experiences, for bullies would act falsely sweet to take advantage of my quite naive behaviors. It's possible that it is similar in their case? If not, it's possible they just don't know what to say to you? Humans are largely social beings, so we worry about whether or not we make ourselves look dumb in front of people.

Wheelie Rider

Quote Originally Posted by SSBBrawler View Post
    Let me make a comment here. I'm a bit jaded because of past experiences, for bullies would act falsely sweet to take advantage of my quite naive behaviors. It's possible that it is similar in their case? If not, it's possible they just don't know what to say to you? Humans are largely social beings, so we worry about whether or not we make ourselves look dumb in front of people.
    First of all, I am not a bully, nor am I intimidating. I try to be friendly to all, and I just don't understand the need for people to ignore others for no reason (this girl I am referring to really ignores me and I don't know why!) It's so annoying!!

I actually have one that isn't only one or two sentences.

I hate people who act like Generation 1 of Pokemon will never be topped. Now don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon Red and Blue, and I grew up with these games in my childhood, but that is certainly no reason to dismiss anything that comes after, especially progress. I mean, why blindly hate the newer games, they fixed a lot of problems in the old games. This happens with a lot of franchises, people just blindly liking what has the most nostalgia. But Pokemon seems to have it the worst. There are people who act like the designs in Gen 5 are so horrible, like Vanilluxe, and Garbodor, and will say Gen 1 had nothing wrong with it, even though it had designs like Elecrtode or Muk. I've seen people even complain about how TMs never run out anymore. How do you not approve of that?

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Quote Originally Posted by King Kienzan View Post
    I've seen people even complain about how TMs never run out anymore. How do you not approve of that?
    Pretty much the whole point of TMs before was that they could only be used once. They'd usually sit in my inventory gathering dust unless I could buy more in previous generations, so I'm supportive of the change, but the criticism there is justified.

Probably the most blatant example of what you're talking about is Ocarina of Time. People just act like it's the epitome of video gaming and developers might as well just stop making games because they'd never top it. I mean, it's a good game, but it's not the best game ever, or even the best in the series. Majora's Mask topped it in almost every way, providing a plot that wasn't just a rehash of every video game, or story in general, ever made (the hero goes through various dangerous locations, defeats the villain and rescues the girl) and inventive items, like the masks. Judging from what people have said of it, Skyward Sword is better too.
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

I prefer OoT to MM, but I completely see your point. I always get a little irritated when I hear someone say "it's the best because it's the original." It's okay to feel nostalgic towards something, but don't let it cloud your judgement. I'm not saying nostalgia is a bad thing, but people take it too far.

There are people who act like the designs in Gen 5 are so horrible, like Vanilluxe, and Garbodor, and will say Gen 1 had nothing wrong with it, even though it had designs like Elecrtode or Muk. I've seen people even complain about how TMs never run out anymore. How do you not approve of that?
    You know another thing about this? They completely ignore the awesome Pokemon from the new region. My friend once said that the new pokemon look stupid, so I told him that most of the other pokemon in that region were cool and gave examples of pokemon he said he liked. He completely ignored it and just said, "There is a pokemon that is a garbage bag!" I've pretty much given up trying to convince him Gen 5 is cool, he's the one who will miss out on generations to come.

Yup, Garbodor is always being attacked. Like I said, Gen 1 had a Pokemon that was pile of sludge with eyes, but it gets some stupid free pass for being an original.

"I'm not in the mood." itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Ugh, tell me about it. Seriously? They hate the new Sonic games because HE HAS GREEN EYES?! What. The. Blue Snails.

Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    Ugh, tell me about it. Seriously? They hate the new Sonic games because HE HAS GREEN EYES?! What. The. Blue Snails.
    I think that was Sonic 4. And they boycotted Sonic 4 by, giving them more money? They bought several copies of Sonic 1 and didn't buy Sonic 1. DON'T GET ME STARTED ON MARIOTEHPLUMBER.
    "I won't give up now!"~ Phoenix Wright (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3)

Yup, Garbodor is always being attacked. Like I said, Gen 1 had a Pokemon that was pile of sludge with eyes, but it gets some stupid free pass for being an original.
    Getting back on this I feel like I'm the only person in the world who likes Garbodor and Emboar, sure Emboars type is getting unoriginal and it could have been a Fire/Ground but it's still a good pokemon. Vanniluxe was only "Meh" to me, i don't like it, but i'm not going to attack it, and it's not even it's design that makes me dislike it it's just that i personally like Cryogonal more when it comes to Gen 5 ice types. There's not to many Unova pokemon I hate really, Alomamola, Karrablast, Liepard, Sawk, Throh, Zekrom, The Oshawott line and Archeops are the only ones I hate, but I won't go into that.
    Spoiler: Gpx an other stuff maybe 

^^ OMG JSG IS AWESOME!!!

Spoiler: An average L4D game... 

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...ighlight=Aisle my Sprite Shop.pretty good.check em out.

Hakuna Matata~

Wait, people don't like Emboar? Anyway, I have a few friends who have been really bothering me lately. One time, he was listening to a song that the lyrics are hard to understand, and so I told him what they actually were. He got upset and just said that there's no way I could be right. So, I looked it up on my laptop and found that he was wrong. I showed him 3 websites with the correct lyrics, but he still didn't believe me! Then I found 7 more websites with those words, so I said, "It is hard to understand, but I think I'm going to go with the 10 lyrics websites." He gets all upset, and says I'm being a jerk. This is the really bad part. He said I was being a jerk, but whenever you do something he doesn't agree with, or make a joke he doesn't think is funny or doesn't get, he just turns to you and says your stupid, ugly, or some other random insult. And he calls me a jerk! Hypocrites make me VERY, VERY ANGRY. Oh, and then he has his friend who goes along blindly agreeing with whatever this kid says. It seems all of my friends that I get along with really well are like, 20-26 years old.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Generally I dislike this thread buuuuuuut...

This is something that always bothers me, particularly because Garbodor is one of my absolute favorite pokemon. Trashbag -> Overflowing Trashbag is a much more creative and fun idea than Sludge -> More Sludge. Or the trend of adding extra heads... At least when Gen 5 pokemon add extra heads, there's a fitting thematic reason (ice cream and hydras for example).
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

(post directed at Chicken Rider, Lightningboalt posted while I was making this post)

You know, that actually reminds me of another thing that makes me mad(there's plenty of them). I love when I try to correct someone, and I post a link or show them a Wikipedia page on the matter and their response is "Wikipedia can be edited by anybody, you can't trust it.". Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize those links to reliable websites they have as sources for each fact means nothing. Ever try editing Wikipedia without a reliable source? It won't be there too long. I'm sort of in the same boat as you Chicken Rider. I have a friend who hates to be wrong. And anything on Wikipedia he doesn't like means the page was vandalized. Pretty cool that it was vandalized right when we went to that specific page. He also hates Gamefaqs for no reason at all. He refuses to use it if he wants to find something on a specific game. Instead. he uses these terrible format websites, that look like someone with no experience made it in like a day. Did anybody use Cheat Planet back in the day? That's not nearly as bad as some of these.

Yeah, and with Wikipedia pages, they act like they know everything when they say its wrong. I know with my friend, you could tell him something and he will believe it just as easily as someone can edit a Wikipedia page. Like you said, Wikipedia pages are mostly right. With him, any random person could have been telling him something, and he would completely believe it.

Also, can I quote that Lightningboalt? I have to tell my friend that whole Muk vs. Garbador thing, maybe he'll change his mind. (Since Garbador is the pokemon he hates most, but he loves all Gen. 1 pokemon.)
    Last edited by DukeOfStyrofoam; April 17th, 2012 at 05:00 PM.

Something that is starting to piss me off in Pokemon is the slow increase in event-exclusive/promotional pokemon. I mean, I love pokemon and all, but really!
    GEN I: Mew (THERE'S A 151st POKEMON!?!? OFDHDO:VBISBF)
    GEN II: Celebi (oh, another event exclusive pokemon? That's cool, I guess)
    GEN III: Jirachi, Deoxys (The heck? Two? That's a little uncalled for)
    GEN IV: Darkrai, Shamin, Arceus (THREE? Do we really need THREE?)
    GEN V: Zorua, Keldo, Meloetta, Genesect [that's not even including Victini] (.....four.....THERE'S FOUR!?!?)

I mean, the amount of events and things where you can go and get these pokemon is so limited, many, if not most, pokemon gamers don't have these pokemon unless they use cheats. Thankfully, it seems Nintendo plans to start giving them out using Wi-fi, but still...

Is this my first post in here? Anyway, COMING SOON!
    Last edited by Aeront; September 15th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

For great street justice! bluesoul's Avatar
    In an icy cave in the middle of Antarctica.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeront View Post
    Something that is starting to piss me off in Pokemon is the slow increase in event-exclusive/promotional pokemon. I mean, I love pokemon and all, but really!
    GEN I: Mew (THERE'S A 151st POKEMON!?!? OFDHDO:VBISBF)
    GEN II: Celebi (oh, another event exclusive pokemon? That's cool, I guess)
    GEN III: Jirachi, Deoxys (The heck? Two? That's a little uncalled for)
    GEN IV: Darkrai, Shamin, Arceus (THREE? Do we really need THREE?)
    GEN V: Zorua, Keldo, Meloetta, Genesect [that's not even including Victini] (.....four.....THERE'S FOUR!?!?)

I mean, the amount of events and things where you can go and get these pokemon is so limited, many, if not most, pokemon gamers don't have these pokemon unless they use cheats. Thankfully, it seems Nintendo plans to start giving them out using Wi-fi, but still...
    I agree, but what really bothers me about these is that when they are released through events they just give it to you. Whenever I go and get the pokemon at an event, they just send it via mystery gift. No awesome secret area to find shaymin at, no Deoxys location. It really just peeves me off how they waste it like that.

Yeah, I definitely hate the concept of Event Pokemon. Giving them out on Wifi is definitely an improvement though.

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be forum users pretending to be cowboys. Sansato's Avatar

I hate to change the topic, but I have to unload my frustrations.

I have an uncle on my mother's side of the family who lives nearby. His wife is a little kooky, but I've never actually had anything negative to say about her until this point. They have a dog that she brought into his house with her and he has to be let out of the house to use the bathroom every so often.

This is where we tie it all together. My uncle just went to the hospital for pancreatitis, but I'm not sure of how he's doing. My aunt told this to my mom over the phone while we were grocery shopping earlier, but the call seemed to be less about my uncle and more about letting the dog outside to do his business. Nevermind the fact that the person my aunt called is the sister of her husband or the possibility that my mom might want to know how he's doing. And we can most certainly ignore the fact that there are other people that maybe could've been asked first.

The fact that she only called because of the freakin' dog just irritates the crap out of me. Anyone else know what I mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Every EULA ever
    Do you like our products and/or services? Give us your immortal soul.

I do know what you mean, I also have crazy relatives, but I'm not going to go into that right now. With me, I'm just grateful I only have to see them once a year. I hope your Uncle is okay also.

Administrator Forum Administrator TriforceBun's Avatar

I don't like when people lick their fingers to flip through papers

You've seen it, I've seen it. I don't like it. It's worse whenever it's something about to be handed to you from a large stack (like a memo, handout, test, etc). At that point, I sort of make a conscious decision to keep my appendages away from the corner that has been swabbed with spittle.

So, I understand that it's apparently to make the pages turn easier. Heck, as a pianist, I know that pain all too well. But even at my clumsiest, I really only fumble with every tenth page or so, and that takes about a half-second to a full-second to get a grasp on anyway. You just pinch the corner--no muss, no fuss, no bacteria traveling from your fingers to your mouth, or from your mouth to the paper to some poor student's eraser to his mouth.

Why the finger-licking? I'm tired of my handouts having gross upper corners! It's time someone took a stand!

NO MORE WET CORNERS

NO MORE WET CORNERS
    Mario Kart Wii number: 0088 - 3484 - 3729

Okay, okay, I'm here, I'm here Koj09's Avatar

Re: I don't like when people lick their fingers to flip through papers

Yeaaaaaah, spitty pages are never fun.

At least you can't get a papercut? its worse than a papercut

But reading this made me realize something. How many people lick their fingers to flip the page while reading PUBLIC LIBRARY BOOKS? I mean sure, it'd be dry saliva, but if I spit on a burger and waited for it to dry, would it still be eaten? Naw. This is made scarier by the four-stack of library books at my side... •_•
    Sig by Impromptu~!

Spoiler: Spoilerbox. Big surprise. 

year of the salmon Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Re: I don't like when people lick their fingers to flip through papers

I, too, am not a fan at all. Seriously, it doesn't even help.

Now that I think about it, the only people I can remember doing this are teachers. Hmm.

closer and closer
    we're crashing ships in the night

Too ignorant to be an oil tycoon VIP Curus's Avatar

Grow your nails out. You can dig between all but glued-together leaves - and them flat bits of Lego.

Thread Information