Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: You know whats bullcrap... (Venting thread, READ FIRST POST!)

Clobberin Monster The Kirbinator's Avatar

Re: You know whats bullcrap... (Venting thread, READ FIRST POST!)

Update:

The Kirbinator Impersonators have been banned and deleted, along with Duller in the Family! Thank you Michael Taranto!
    Spoiler: See my plush Kirby toy with wizard hat 
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!
    Nintendo Network: The_Kirbinator

SaltySword, Pickled Music Lover BrineBlade's Avatar

Spoiler: I think this is everybody's reaction right now 

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Anyway...

My cat died today. She was fine two days ago, but suddenly got sick out of nowhere. So I'm pretty &&&&ing depressed right now and I don't think I'll cheer up for a while.

itsameluigi, it is unfortunate that your cat died. I shall express my condolences to you.

The Once in a Lifetime musical comic would be very relevant.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    Anyway...

My cat died today. She was fine two days ago, but suddenly got sick out of nowhere. So I'm pretty &&&&ing depressed right now and I don't think I'll cheer up for a while.
    I know how you feel man. I lost my first cat years ago.

Now, I imagine Popplio balancing an Oshawott's Scalchop on his nose... gamer2332's Avatar
    Let's just say Lively Town and get on with it... (Though for real, Georgia)

Did I mention the law system in FInal Fantasy Tactics Advance? (And A2, But I don't have that)
    Well... Try fighting in a battle where you CAN'T ATTACK MOOGLES IN A FIGHT WITH ALL MOOGLES!
    Yeah, have fun with that!
    Along with the no swords law. What's that? You overpowered Marche and you will kick the crap outta all the bosses in the game? Well TOO BAD, you're stuck with BLACK MAGES!
    Makes it worse that you LOSE REWARDS or VALUABLE JOB POINTS so that you can heal while beating up enemies, and such when getting yellow cards, and it takes FOREVER for someone to get outta jail after getting arrested via red card!
    And what happens when the main character gets sent to jail? GAME OVER! HAVE FUN PEOPLE WHO FORGOT TO SAVE THE LAST 5 HOURS! (AKA ME!)

The Jagds in the game, as well! Remember to bring those White Mages with Raise and plenty of Phoenix Downs, or your OP'd units are gone and you might be stuck with a game over screen, and I highlighted how annoying that can be in the last paragraph... (If you can even call it a paragraph...)
    Apparently, Seviper evolves into Arbok, and WATER TYPES are weak against FIRE TYPES! (Guess that means I can't have Fennekin as a partner...)

DAMMIT, 4KIDS, YOU HAD ONE JOB!

I'll take all the chances I can get to make "subtle" jabs against Ash Ketch Jack S***!

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

The law system in the games assume you're training more than one team, and that you can switch between different set-ups for each condition. It's eh, but it's easy enough to get around. The part about the game that legitimately makes me mad is that there are some quest items that you can only get in limited qualities, and if you throw away any of them, you cannot 100% the game. It's awful design.

Now, I imagine Popplio balancing an Oshawott's Scalchop on his nose... gamer2332's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SSBBrawler View Post
    The law system in the games assume you're training more than one team, and that you can switch between different set-ups for each condition.
    Yeah, have you met me? I'm a TERRIBLE team builder!
    Apparently, Seviper evolves into Arbok, and WATER TYPES are weak against FIRE TYPES! (Guess that means I can't have Fennekin as a partner...)

I'll take all the chances I can get to make "subtle" jabs against Ash Ketch Jack S***!

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

So, my school has a project showcase, where we show off projects that we have been working on for the previous quarter. For the sake of fairness, a person can only be associated with one project, to avoid multiple chances of winning/bouncing between different booths. Obvious, right? Also obvious is that the deadline for registration is a few weeks before the actual event. Apparently, none of this matters to the chair of the game degree. Not only did he have 5 friggin' game projects get into the showcase (despite the protests of the PERSON ORGANIZING IT), but this also resulted in 7-8 people bouncing between 2-3 projects. The organizer compromised that they wouldn't be on the ballot for the voting of best projects in their categories/overall. However, the projects still swept the voting awards.

It makes me angry because a lot of people were legitimately interested in my project that showed off Group AI (but wasn't a game), but I got crushed under the weight of 6 games, which already have a bias in the voting results. I might have had a chance if it wasn't for the complete b.s. pulled by the game degree chair.

I know your pain. I had something similar happen, but what we had to do was research a topic and present it in a similar fashion to a science fair. I had researched the history of the internet, and even made a slightly smaller Apple II model out of poster board. Someone else did their projects on the Halo series, did almost nothing, but brought the game in. Guess which one was liked more?

Reviewer, good guy, everyman Iamabrawler's Avatar

You know what's bullcrap?

You know stories don't work as well when they haven't been Planned All Along!

New review:
    War Games: The Dead Code (Part 1) (Part 2)

Thanks for helping the site reach 200,000 views!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamabrawler View Post
    You know what's bullcrap?

I would be curious to know what Skyward Ghirahim would think of this.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Well, I have made a necro-bump, because The Kirby Club, the unofficial successor of Kirby's Rainbow Resort, will shut down within one month: Regarding the future of TKC
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

...OK. I'm just gonna say this up front with you... I don't think Freedom Wars is a bad game! It's not the best game, no, but I don't think it's a bad game. It doesn't fit me too well, but it IS a fun time waster if I happen to have my Vita with me... (Mainly if my 3DS was in for repairs because my plug screwed up.)

But that doesn't mean it has problems: It's repetitive, tedious, and the story isn't that great, but it can still be fun in short bursts...

...And then there's the CODE 7 exam,
    the fight against Natalia!
    Let's make a list of the many problems this level has...
    Spoiler: Many frickin' problems, spoiler alert! 

The game gives you 15 Sustainability (Read: Respawns) and gives
    Natalia
    GETIT'CAUSESHE'SNATALIA"9"WOO!
    But because of all the frickin problems, yours will drop like a ROCK!

Granted, to make it easier, you can go online to get other people to join you (clearing a mission online gets you a proof of non-failure for the mission, allowing you to skip it in single player), fixing... at least one of the problems above, but when I played through this, A: I didn't know you could do that, and 2: I didn't have access to the internet when I played this mission, so I'm gonna b****! (SomeCallMejohnny reference for the win!)
    Last edited by gamer2332; January 25th, 2016 at 09:13 AM. Reason: How do I spoilerbox? Been a while since I been here, can't you tell!?!?

Thread Information