Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Korra/Avatar: The Last Airbender

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Re: Avatar (As in the Airbenders, Not the Blue People)

Bei Forra all the way!
    I mean,
    I haven't seen the new episode yet, though I really want to.
    But alas, it hasn't been put up yet, to my knowledge.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

It's a shotgun opera and the fat lady is singing tonight Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Can't wait until next week so I can see that new episode. Unless Nick is feeling like being a dick and doesn't upload it.

Anyways, Makorra will be happening at some point in this series, though under what circumstances is up in the air right now. We see a split-second flash of a Makorra kiss at around 0:20 in this video.

bury me in fried pickles and mozzarella sticks Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar

Actually, it has. I dunno if it was my computer, my connection, or the video itself that sucked at the beginning (I only checked about 5 seconds of it to make sure it really was the third episode), but it's here.
    Spoiler: Notable quotes that I enjoy :o 

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elfice View Post
    Actually, it has. I dunno if it was my computer, my connection, or the video itself that sucked at the beginning (I only checked about 5 seconds of it to make sure it really was the third episode), but it's here.
    Ah thank you,
    yeah it sucks over here too.
    But to answer your question more seriously, I'd have to go with Morra, mostly because Bolin's just too immature to be in any sort of relationship.
    Like, with Sokka, you could never have imagined him in any sort of relationship until he serious'd up a bit in Kyoshi Warriors episode, and even then nothing really serious until the season finale.

Dwarven Vow #7: Goodness and love will always win. Forum Veteran Mkan's Avatar

This is probably my favorite show on Television right now.

I am loving everything about the show so far, and I'm happy to say it's a worthy Successor to the first show (It might be even better!)

I love the characters, animation, the voice acting and just, everything.

Also you probably already knew this, but Mako is named after well, Mako, who voiced Uncle Iroh for the first two seasons of the show before passing away due to throat cancer.
    by JSG

It's a shotgun opera and the fat lady is singing tonight Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar

So I got caught up with the show today.

Really can't wait to see how Amon got this power of his. Also Makorra tease, and they're really being subtle about it.

The fight scenes in this episode were also really well-done. Probably some of the best in the series, and we're only on episode 3. Can't wait for the later ones.

My body's falling. I think I've hit the floor. I cannot feel, anything, anymore. Homesick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    So I got caught up with the show today.

Really can't wait to see how Amon got this power of his.
    Yeah, same here. I also like how they went a different approach with the villain here. Not a bender, not part of a huge army hell-bent on the destruction of life, etc, and how they (like Zuko) gave him a reason as to why he's doing what he's doing. It's not some random obsession or he just wanted to.

*cough* Mako ftw *cough*

I also enjoyed the steady humor throughout the episodes, it didn't detract from the story or anything, but it wasn't too far and few either.

Fight scenes were great, hoping to see more advances in bending in this one too. Going to be a great successor to the first.

Walk away from anything or anyone who takes away from your joy. Life is too short to put up with fools.

In the name of the Voice, I will punish you! Ruane's Avatar

Okay guys, so you can find episodes of the show being hosted here, on Nick's site, so if you don't have the channel, well, you can still watch the show. Which is really cool.
    Thanks for the link. I would have missed all future episodes otherwise as I had watched the first two episodes during a special encore performance.

Thoughts on Episode 3:
    Revelation lived up to its name. Amon is a legitimate threat to all benders. Though technically, wouldn't his skill be classified as bending?

I'm actually disappointed by the return of lightning bending since its so common. Before, only the top 3 fire benders could attain the peace of mind needed to master firebending's most powerful move. Now lighting is bended by gangs and part time employees at the powerplant. :P

At least metal bending is in the exclusive possession of the Republic City police.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Rune's whole thing is shovels. So yeah, he'd be able to find a way.
    This sig has been brought to you by PokeMarioGuy.

The employees at the power plant are probably hired just because they have the talent. It's a large city with many benders, we've only seen like fifteen lightning benders, one of which is happens to have a whole gang under him, he's probably content enough to have inner peace. Also, him being sure he would
    beat Amon, who also seemed confident,
    just seems to support that. Plus, his name would make no sense if he wasn't that good.

I can definitively see Makorra happening, though I won't rule out Borra after them knowing with each other for two episodes worth of time. I only support the ship with most canon evidence. So I could still switch.

I also like how they're just in one city this time. Gives them a chance to introduce and expand more minor characters than if they were traveling the world.

I like most of the characters show far, but my favorite is probably Gommu or Lieutenant. It WAS Amon, until he became the first thing in fiction to make me shudder. I saw the episode after reading a summary, and he's still made me shudder.
    Please shorten my name to Chime, not Chimera. Thank you.

A geology student on an adventure! OrangeOctopi's Avatar

I just saw episode three, and wow, it was cool. I love Bollin, he's like Sokka, but with better hair! Also, I'm loving the animal partners. Naga and Pabo are soooooo CUTE! (Yeah, sorry, I'm a woman in my twenties, I like cute things like babies and animals)

Plot wise, I was actually shocked when they revealed Amon's power. It's surprisingly similar to what Aang did at the end of season three, same face grab and everything, and I'm crazy curious as to how he learned to do it, heck, why he even has the ability! But I get the feeling those revelations won't come until the end of the series.

(I have a problem with run-on sentences on the internet )
    Hey everybody it's not Chuggaaconroy!

Quote of the now-> Tony Stark: That man is actually playing Galga. He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did. -The Avengers

Games I love: Poke'mon Crystal, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, BanjoKazooie, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Harvest Moon 64, Paper Mario... and the list goes on.
    All Super Smash Bros. games are kind of a given.

I'm a Mormon, I'm a Christian. Mormons are Christians. Please get your facts straight.

And FYI, I'm a girl. Just so ya know.

My deviantART
    My FanFiction
    Blog of Adventure

Oh man.

I can already hear the ships firing the cannons in the distance after today's episode.
    I hate people who generalize. They're all idiots.

My VGM Arrangements.

My body's falling. I think I've hit the floor. I cannot feel, anything, anymore. Homesick's Avatar

Is it just me or do Hiroshi and Asami Sato seems fishy.
    For some reason it just seems like they are working for Amon or something.

The whole, "I didn't see you before running into you with my motorcycle" thing seems strange. :P

Walk away from anything or anyone who takes away from your joy. Life is too short to put up with fools.

Quote Originally Posted by One-X View Post
    Is it just me or do Hiroshi and Asami Sato seems fishy.
    For some reason it just seems like they are working for Amon or something.

The whole, "I didn't see you before running into you with my motorcycle" thing seems strange. :P
    I had the same thought, but to be fair, Mako was walking from behind a truck, which can obscure you from oncoming traffic.

Probably just me thinking to much, and turning little things into much more than they were meant to be.
    It just seems a little too easy for them, now they have money, are able to be in the tournament, etc, so it will be interesting to see if it actually turns into anything.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines.
    One does not simply get a girlfriend by getting hit with a moped,
    I know, I tried.

But thinking more along the lines of Amon, I can't wait to learn more about his character, his back story and how he got his power, since it's quite interesting.
    Also, I want more fused animals. :<

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

I also think there's something really fishy about the Sato's. Just too many coincidences in a row. Now Avatar has always had a hand in strange coincidences(how many times did Zuko accidentally stumble upon Aang in season 1 again?), but it can still go a lot of different directions. I expect that at least one of the Sato's is less friendly then he/she seems. That or Mako messes up.

Anyway, that was an interesting ending.
    quick shots of Sokka, Toph, Aang and Maybe Zuko(couldn't see the scar) as elders for seemingly no reason.
    Because of all that I somehow really expect Aang to show up in the next episode

ohhai i'm still a fan
    Dream Adress: 6800-2436-9701. Come and meet my demonic horse of demoness!

I'm also looking for some glimpses of them, but still Aang is dead, so sadly none of him, I'm guessing Zuko is also, since they have a statue of him, no Sokka either, but still no talk about what happened to Toph, so it will be interesting to find out what happened to them.

I'm also looking for some glimpses of them, but still Aang is dead, so sadly none of him, I'm guessing Zuko is also, since they have a statue of him, no Sokka either, but still no talk about what happened to Toph, so it will be interesting to find out what happened to them.
    If Aang shows up, it would probably be as a spirit, similar to Roku in The Last Airbender. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't see of anyone except maybe Zuko, but I'm more inclined to believe we'd see his daughter before we'd see him.
    Then again, Zuko's traveling nature could easily set up an appearance.

Zuko was confirmed to be alive, actually.
    At least according to TV Tropes.

My VGM Arrangements.

Mmm okay, will also be nice to meet all the past characters children. So many things to look forward to and only in Book One.

Mmm okay, will also be nice to meet all the past characters children. So many things to look forward to and only in Book One.
    I think there's only one Book planned, 24 episodes I believe.

No, it's two books at this point. But they're apparently really short, too.

My VGM Arrangements.

Oh man, cool episode

First of all, Asami seems fairly suspicious to me. Maybe it's just because her character design was based on Lust from FMA, buuuuuuuut....

Oh and seeing older characters was cool.

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

Oh man, cool episode

First of all, Asami seems fairly suspicious to me. Maybe it's just because her character design was based on Lust from FMA, buuuuuuuut....
    I thought she was just a descendent of the tracker lady from the first series?

Thread Information