Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: ~The BitF Online Store Thread! Merchandise, feedback, comments~ (New item!)

Administrator Forum Administrator TriforceBun's Avatar

Re: ~The BitF Online Store Thread! Merchandise, feedback, comments~

Thanks for the clarification.
    Mario Kart Wii number: 0088 - 3484 - 3729

What's your favorite scary movie? Kiwi's Avatar

Or.... greeting card?

I think I'm gonna hold off just a bit longer until everything's finalized, actually. So the link's broken now!

What's your favorite scary movie? Kiwi's Avatar

Oh TriforceBun, you tease you. Can we get a hint?

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    I think I'm gonna hold off just a bit longer until everything's finalized, actually. So the link's broken now!
    Ahaa, but what you failed to notice is the SSBBraw;er still has it quoted, so I may view the image whenever I want!
    Muahahahahahahahahahaha!
    Ahem.
    I don't see why you'd take it down anyways, you could just leave it and let the hype build and get more sells when it finally does come out, whenever that is.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

I removed the URL from the server but it looks like it's still being active for some of you! The main thing is that I'd prefer at least part of the set to be a mystery, I think that makes it more enticing (but hey, there's still plenty of art in it that wasn't visible in that link). More details to come within a couple weeks.

Hey everyone, posting to let you know we have a new item in--the Brawl in the Family Playing Cards!

Re: ~The BitF Online Store Thread! Merchandise, feedback, comments~ (New item!)

Novelty playing cards! My one weakness! : 0
    And goodness knows, the Wicked's lives are lonely...
    And goodness knows, the Wicked die alone...
    -Wicked

All are created equal... but some are more equal then others.
    -Animal Farm

I know this was posted a long time ago...but I would buy this t-shirt!
    [QUOTE=l33tz0rxisapokemon;227311]If anything should be on a shirt, it should be this:

P.S. Love the playing cards!!! I WANT A DECK SOOOOO BAD!!! 99% cuz they're awesome! 1% cuz I want to know what the 9 and 4 cards are!!! We spent the last few minutes picking out every card we could find and we missed two of them!!!
    Last edited by Hi I'm Daisy!; January 13th, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
    Spoiler: Extended Sig! 

You don't like it?

Check out Cocoon Academy Voiced and follow us on our project of voicing BitF's longest comic!
    And visit my Art Thread, Daisy's Doodle Garden!

Hey guys its me Meteor! xXMeteorXx's Avatar

Sweet, I NEED! Those cards so I can "Falcon Bluff" in style!! =D

Awesome cards, though I would be really uncomfortable using them considering it's not an ambidextrous deck (i.e. a number in each corner.)
    My Music

(BitFchievements idea totally not stolen from Someguyfromcrowd!)

Villager is going to be Top Tier Piemaster's Avatar

Matt... I'm a sucker for playing cards.

I might actually have to buy this. along with the Dededoll I never bought. Oh, and the mug... and the shirts...p

I really do like the cards, Matt, very nice product to bring to the table.
    Spoiler: Open me! :D 
    [/FONT]

Nice! I love it!

I knew it'd be Waluigi as the Joker...

You know, I've always wanted a really detailed novelty card deck. They always seem to be just the same as a regular card deck, except for the backs, the face cards, and the Jokers. Not this one. I can see that you put a lot of work into this... and don't think I missed the Kirby 64 reference on the ace of Diamonds!

And... um... I... er...
    .....F-F-FALCON BLUFF!
    Last edited by Madmachine; January 14th, 2012 at 09:29 AM.

Hey, TriforceBun. Just a little question about the playing cards (which I absolutely LOVE by the way): I know you surely have the main characters of BitF on the cards (i.e. http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/characters/), but do you have characters that were in, say, Smash Bros. Brawl, but not really seen much or at all in BitF on the cards?

I still want to buy these cards, but I want to buy them at least knowing what to expect, so I won't be like "Aw man, where's Donkey Kong! No Wario or Pikachu?! Dang, not even Zelda!" I don't mean much by it. It's just the sort of thing that my mind wonders about.

Sure thing!

I basically decided on which characters to put based on their prominence in the BitF comic (with a couple original characters for good measure to keep the spirit of the comic in the cards). Each number has its own characters, with the face cards determined by what I consider the "main" cast of BitF's Kirby strips. Here's the full lineup:

2 - Eario
    3 - Waddle Dee
    4 - Princess Peach
    5 - Diddy Kong
    6 - Jigglypuff
    7 - Captain Falcon
    8 - Luigi (black suits) / Mario (red suits)
    9 - Samus (black suits) / Power Suit Samus (red suits)
    10 - Sun and Mr. Flower

Jacks - Meta Knight facing a different Kirby boss for each suit
    Queens - Adeleine painting each respective suit on a canvas
    Kings - Dedede in the theme of each suit
    Aces - Kirby in the theme of each suit
    Jokers - Waluigi

I went with one character per number for the sake of easy readability when playing various card games. Straddling the line between form and function led to a lot of tough decisions! So due to the number of available slots, I'm afraid I couldn't quite fit *everyone.*

Fair enough. I'll be sure to grab me a set. Thank you for the response! :D

Cute Little Poot Cuddly-Metaknight's Avatar

Poker for me just got so much more intense. I love these cards so much, but my brother he keeps complaining "Why isn't Bowser on these cards!?" It's hilarious.

These cards were the first BitF store item that I really wanted besides Dededoll (which is too expensive for me). So I ordered them, and they are awesome. Now I just seem some good card games to play!

Cute Little Poot

I posted this in the newcomer's forum but someone suggested that I post it here too.
    --------------------------------------------------
    I feel a little bad that the main reason I joined the forum was to post this, but it's really my last resort at this point. I love this comic (esp. since Kirby is my go-to character in Brawl, and probably my favorite Nintendo character of all time). I saw the Dededoll in the store a long time ago and thought he would be a great friend for the super-round Kirby doll I have (they're about the same size!) but he was too expensive (+ shipping) to justify getting alone.

About a year ago I had the idea to collect really neat playing cards and display them (this was after going to the MOMA's Tim Burton exhibit and picking up a set of Tim Burton playing cards). When I saw the playing cards on BitF, I knew I had to buy them, and it would be the perfect excuse to get the Dededoll too! I guess I thought I was saving on shipping!

Anyway, the order was placed on 1/25. I got a tracking number on 1/28 with the "electronically notified to expect shipment" message. It never updated from that message. On 2/3, I e-mailed the BitF store and called the the number listed on the PayPal transaction, and didn't get a response from either. I opened a PayPal dispute on 2/7 for non-receipt, and there has been no response to that either.

I know that as this point, I could escalate the PayPal dispute and get my money back without incident. The problem is, I REALLY want the dededoll and the cards! I saw someone else mention PM'ing TriforceBun to see if he can help, but my PM is probably buried in their inbox since I've yet to see a reply. Does anyone have any suggestions?

iamlost26--

Our apologies for the delayed response! Chris is shipping all the merchandise from where he lives in Oregon, but he just started a new job a couple weeks ago so unfortunately between that and all the card orders, a few of the orders have been falling behind a bit. Most orders will take 2-4 weeks from the initial order to the time when it ships out. I'll tell him to get on yours right away, so you can probably expect it to arrive sometime next week. We will also throw in a free gift of your choosing from the store if you'd like.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Cute Little Poot

Thanks, TriforceBun!

I knew something had to have been going on, otherwise I would have gotten it already! I was probably misled by the fact that it was shipping priority mail (so I was expecting it within the week) and then I freaked out after not getting any responses (especially when the tracking number went up so quickly!). Thanks for letting me know.

One of the things that made it worse was that I was trying to surprise my girlfriend with it, so I sent her the tracking number without telling her what was coming (I have a Kirby, and she'll have a Dedede!). I just felt terrible when the tracking number didn't update for 2 weeks. It'll make for a nice Valentine's Day gift, though!

As for the gift, I'd appreciate either the World History in Four Kirbies or the Guide to Mushrooms shirt (in small). If those are too expensive to throw in, anything you see fit is fine by me!

Quote Originally Posted by iamlost26 View Post
    I got a tracking number on 1/28 with the "electronically notified to expect shipment" message. It never updated from that message.
    I have the same problem. I guess my order is in the same situation as iamlost26's?

EDIT: Just checked my tracking status recently, and it looks like things are finally picking up. Woohoo!
    Last edited by Giga Man; February 11th, 2012 at 11:36 AM.

I just got my cards in today, and they are beautiful! Excellent artwork, TriforceBun. Very cool product.

Cute Little Poot Cuddly-Metaknight's Avatar

I freaking love the Dededoll and my BitF card set. Sadly I might get another set of cards because one got ripped in half by my friends the other day playing Old WAA (Old Maid with ) and one of them always got Waluigi and would tighten every card BUT The old WAA and my other friend tried to get one out of her hand and she kept holding it urging him to get another one, and he ripped it in half. And wouldn't you know it, it was none other then Weege. Yep, cause he doesn't get screwed enough. But hey, whatcha gonna do

Villager is going to be Top Tier Piemaster's Avatar

I just noticed something in the store.
    it's the bundles.

Bundle Deal: 1 Doll, 1 Shirt, 1 Deck of Cards

Big Bundle Deal: 1 Doll, 3 Shirts, 1 Deck of Cards
    If the bundle includes the deck of cards, and not the mug, I believe you might want to retake the photo for the bundle.

Just an FYI.
    Spoiler: Open me! :D 
    [/FONT]

Thread Information