Thread: Miitomo

I want that forum to DIE. Just make that happen. Keeby's Avatar

Miitomo

Miitomo is one of Nintendo's first smartphone apps that came out recently, that uses miis and your friends in a pretty fun way! If you liked Tomodachi Life, then this one's definitely up your alley.

The way Miitomo works is that you get asked interesting questions and have those answers shared with your friends, whom you can add locally, or through twitter or facebook follow. There is a QR code function, but that only sends the mii itself and doesn't work as any sort of friend request.

There's a lot of customization you can do in Miitomo too, with this function called Miifoto where you can pose and caption your mii into a lot of customizable backrounds that are also not limited to your own photos on your phone! There's a lot of humorous potential in that too.

The real main appeal are some interesting questions that really make you think, and what other people say that might surprise you! Or not. Or just laugh at the comment sections system that has the miis recite your text as best they can.

Spoiler: some of my miifotos 

If anyone wants to add me I'm @Keeby777 on Twitter

Have you had much fun on this app yet? What funny things have happened to you?

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Re: Miitomo

Haha, I was wondering if someone was going to make a topic.
    I am really glad to see the Nintendo's first mobile doing really well in terms of downloads.

I actually made a Twitter account solely for it. (Oh, and those 100 mynintendo coins. XD)
    Like miiverse, I go by @joj650s

I will totally follow all you fine folks, though don't feel like you have to return the favor if you don't want to. XD
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

I've been fiddling with Miitomo recently, though I wasn't really willing yet to make a Twitter or Facebook account for it.

Therefore, I tried to add someone with the "Direct" function... which does not work for whatever stupid reason.

Aside from that, Miitomo is nice, but nothing groundbreaking for me.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

Yeah Miitomo is basically a watered down version of Tomodachi Life, which isn't surprising since it was made by the same team.

I've been having fun with it, the Miifoto feature is surprisingly deep and the questions vary from silly to thought provoking. It would be cool if they added more features that are in Tomodachi life such as customizing your room, making a show with your Miis, etc... hopefully they add these things in future updates.

Oh and on another note they should really add more hairstyles and facial features to the miis, I'm kind of surprised they haven't done that already.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl Info
    Friend Code: 2707-4831-8290
    Nick Name: Alex
    3DS Friend Code
    4081-5728-7313

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

I do agree those features would be neat.

By the way, looks like some Splatoon gear is heading to Miitomo April 27th.
    https://miitomo.com/en/collaboration/160421_splatoon/

Oh, and I noticed you can also use Tomodachi Life QR codes if you wish to import your miis along with their personality and voice settings.
    (Not that the voice or personality settings are needed for any miis aside from your main.)
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Thread Information