Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYOA)

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYOA)

Present badge to Cap'n... very carefully. Then look at the outline.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

Spoiler: I don't know what to put here again. 

Before leaving for the castle in the last update, Vesti makes sure to retrieve the cane Chronos left lying around. Examining it, it seems to be a mostly normal cane. It's completely white except for the tip, and it is topped by a large brass depiction of Saturn. Attempting to perform, Chronos's awesome teleportation trick, he throws the cane into the air. Unfortunately, it justs clatters uselessly to the ground. Right after grabbing the cane, Toadette grabs him by the arm and starts dragging him towards the castle. {{Chronos's Cane added to Evidence}}

Examine: Flowers

After the weird anachronic shenanigans of that last paragraph, Vesti walks into the field of flowers where Toadette is still digging through the dirt. He asks, "What are you doing, Captain Toad?" The detective replies, "Wario wants us to find the Fire Flower before the trial later today, and I've been checking this field... but I haven't had any luck..." Vesti responds, "Do you have any idea where the flower could be if it isn't here." Captain Toad explains, "The way I see it, there are two possibilities. Either, the killer still has the flower with them, or they hid it somewhere. The first seems impossible, since everyone who was at the castle was thoroughly searched... but the second seems impossible too, since we searched every nook and cranny of the castle and found nothing. I think it's far more likely that the killer threw the flower out the window and it was washed away in the moat... but if that's the case there'd be no way to recover it..." Vesti replies, "Would getting the flower even help at all? I doubt the killer could have left any traces on it." Captain Toad explains, "I thought the same thing... but we need to examine this case from every angle, so Wario still wants us to recover it somehow..."

Examine: Moat

Vesti looks into the moat. As the name suggests, the moat is a large ring of water around the castle that is currently flowing to the left. Vesti asks, "But wait, fi the flower was left in the moat, wouldn't it still be here?" Captain Toad answers, "Don't you remember. That moat was brought up in the trial. It's not a landlocked ring of water. It's actually a river going around the castle itself. So, the flower would have floated out the other end of the river... and it would be long gone by now..." "Ah," Vesti continues, "Still, have you checked the moat for any clues anyway." Captain Toad replies, "We did send a Toad Guard into the water to check it out... but he got washed downstream... I wonder where he is now?" "Well," Vesti replies, "I guess I shouldn't go investigate the moat then..."

Examine: Outline

Lauren walks over to examine the outline in the field. The outline shows a vaguely humanoid shape that would be lying on its back. Some of the grass around the body is matted and torn. Lauren turns to the detective and asks, "This outline marks the location where the victim was found, correct?" Captain Toad explains, "Yes. That's the exact spot I found Mario lying in when I arrived, after the toad guard who found the body notified the police..." Toadette interjects, "I was here too, y'know! That's where I saw the body land too..." "I see..." Lauren mutters. She jots down a few things in her organizer, and then asks, "I assume the grass near the body was in this state when you arrived as well?" Captain Toad kneels down to get a better look at the grass. He explains, "Yes, I think so... I assume the grass got that way from the impact of the body landing on it..." Lauren replies, "...I suppose that would make sense... I'll still make a note of it just in case..." {{Mario's Body Notes updated in Evidence}} {{Flattened Grass added to Evidence}}

Talk: Captain Toad: The Trial

Vesti asks, "So what did you think of yesterday's trial." Captain Toad replies, "I'm just as shocked as everyone else about the whole kidnapping thing... But it doesn't overturn the case against Luigi..." Toadette replies, "I wouldn't say that! Maybe the kidnapping is has something to do with the real killer's motive! Luigi's motive couldn't have anything to do with the kidnapping!" Vesti replies, "Yeah, but the prosecution has another motive for him anyway, so that doesn't really help..." "Well," Lauren explains, "All that talk about the kidnapping at least gave us an extra day... So we should be thankful about that." "Exactly," Vesti shouts, "Now we have the chance to figure out the truth behind this case! And I'm confident that we'll be able to do it!" Lauren replies, "Which means we probably shouldn't spend our time presenting badges to everybody." Vesti sighs, "...I was in such a good mood too... but then you just shut me down..." Lauren replies, "Come on Vesti, surely you would have seen that one coming."

{{Yeah, I didn't use all the actions cause I don't really have time to examine literally every single object here in one update...}}

Investigation: Flower Field
    Examine:
    Pathway, Balcony.
    Talk:
    Captain Toad
    The Trial
    Move:
    Toad Village
    Peach's Castle
    Present:
    To Captain Toad
    What will you do?

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: This link keeps failing to function.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Ummm... examine the pathway and the balcony.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

Spoiler: OOPS I FORGOT HOW TO UPDATES 

Present: Chronos's Cane

Vesti takes out the cane that he stole borrowed from Chronos and shows it to Captain Toad. He says, "Hey, Toad, look at this! Isn't it cool?!" Captain Toad replies, "What is that?! Is that some kind of weapon?! Because... as a member of law enforcement, I'm supposed to take that away from you!" Vesti shouts, "No! Of course not! It's just a cane I found lying on the ground!" Toad looks skeptical. He replies, "Hmm... If you say so... Still, I've got my eye on you..."

Examine: Balcony

Vesti walks up to the moat, and looks directly upward. Jutting out from the side of the castle, he clearly sees the balcony. He turns back to the detective and asks, "So, that's the balcony the victim fell from, am I correct?" Captain Toad replies, "Exactly. That balcony juts out from Mario's room. So, that's the balcony Mario was thrown off of. ...That's what the witnesses say, at least." Lauren interjects, "That means... the princess was also kidnapped from that room, correct?" Captain Toad continues, "Yeah, I suppose so..."

Examine: Pathway

Lauren kneels by the pathway, and begins carefully looking through the grains of sand. It isn't long before she appears to discover something, and jots the information down in her notebook. Then, she exclaims, "Vesti, come look at this." Vesti, who was busy staring at the wall of the castle, walks over and crouches by the path. "What?" he asks, "Did you find something?" Lauren replies, "Take a look at this area of dirt here. Do you notice anything?" Vesti takes a closer look at the pathway, and is just barely able to make out some kind of shpe pressed into the sand. He mumbles, "Is that... a handprint?" Lauren explains, "There appear to be about two of them, as well as some large drag marks in the dirt." Vesti ponders, "Hmm... I wonder what that could mean..." Lauren replies, "I think it's safe to say that this is important evidence." {{Pathway Marks added to Evidence}}

Talk: Fire Flower

Vesti asks the detective, "So, do you actually know what the fire flower looks like?" Captain Toad replies, "Of course I know! It's a red flower with a green stem and a face! I'd get kicked off the force if I spent an entire day looking for something I wouldn't automatically recognize!" Vesti laughs, "Oh... right... Yeah, that makes sense." Lauren interjects, "Out of curiosity, could Mario have survived the fall off of the balcony if he was still alive?" Captain hesitates, confused by the question, then replies, "Huh? Oh... I guess so...I think on some of his adventures he's survived long falls and only taken a little damage... But since Mario was killed before he fell off of the balcony, it wouldn't really matter that much..." Lauren replies, "Hmm... I see..."

Captain Toad eventually leaves the flower field and starts walking back towards the castle. He explains, "Well, I've searched the entire field, and I didn't find anything..." Toadette replies, "Oh... that stinks... It has to be somewhere! Maybe you should try searching the castle again!" Toad replies, "That's probably my only option at this point... Good luck with the rest of the investigation, guys! I hope you find the evidence to save Luigi!" Vesti shouts, "Good luck to you too, Toad!" Captain Toad waves goodbye one more time, and then runs around the front of the castle and out of sight. Vesti, Lauren, and Toadette are left standing alone in the field, wondering where to go next.

Investigation: Flower Field
    Examine:
    Talk:
    There is no one here!
    Move:
    Toad Village
    Peach's Castle
    Present:
    To Lauren, I Guess.
    What will you do?

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: This link keeps failing to function.
    Last edited by Planetbox; October 7th, 2016 at 05:54 PM.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

ngl I feel like you should probably move this to kun like you moved your other CYOA. Might as well take the plunge, I dunno if you get more activity there or not but it feels like that'd be the healthier choice for your CYOAing needs. Not that I'm going to enforce it or say that you need to, I don't really care either way, but I figure it's probably in your best interests.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    ngl I feel like you should probably move this to kun like you moved your other CYOA. Might as well take the plunge, I dunno if you get more activity there or not but it feels like that'd be the healthier choice for your CYOAing needs. Not that I'm going to enforce it or say that you need to, I don't really care either way, but I figure it's probably in your best interests.
    This one is actually already on #kun. It was running on three forums at once.
    But yeah, you're right. I've been wanting to get all these things off BitForums at some point, and I figure now is as good a time as any.

From now on, this branch of the CYOA is no longer going to be updated. The two other branches of the CYOA will continue recieving updates, but this one will not be updated anymore as there's really no reason to. Any of the aforementioned other branches can be reached with relative ease, so anyone who wants to present the police badge to literally everyone will have to do so there.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Thread Information